Rage Quitting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm new to smogon and competitive pokemon in general and I've tried to get some practice using my new team by battling over pokemon online. Seeing as I was unable to connect to the smogon server I connected to the highest population one, called Pokemon Online. Whenever I would gain momentum or take a lead my opponent would just rage quit, and this had almost never happened to me on Pokemon Lab. Is rage quitting common, only on certain servers and does the smogon server crash often.

P.S. If the smogon server crashes often, what are some other good servers

Is rage quitting common?

Yes

Does rage quitting only occur on certain servers?

No, it may occur on every single one.

Does Smogon server crash often?

Yes, quite often.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
"Rage quitting" is actually beneficial to you if you are trying to climb in ranking. Every time the opponent forfeits you gain points. Exiting battles saves time if you are attempting to climb the ladder quickly. If you are not trying to climb the ladder you are better off using the unrated feature.

I'm actually not looking for a higher rank, but more for practice and metagame familiarity, but while this thread is at the top I'll just ask how the rank works, and if it's server specific

Ragequitting is fairly common, but don't hate the ragequitters, unless they're actually rude to you. As stellar said, they're actually good for you.
But I mean, I'm guilty of ragequitting. I ragequit way more than I should, but sometimes it's good for your sanity. If there's one hax that really, really, pisses me off, I might just x-out, because I don't want to bother keeping going with the game. But I always say "gg" to my opponent first, even if it wasn't.
Short version: ragequitting is common, but it's nothing to worry about unless your opponents are jerks about it.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I understand it might be annoying if you are trying to work on your end-game but it is going to happen anywhere you go. Just ignore it and click find battle again. (There literally is nothing else you can do.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)