R-N-G Vexxes Me

I was looking into that shandera part myself actually and I'm curious to how things would have turned out. My only guess is that he didn't carry either of them and instead had flamethrower. Why he wouldn't use that I have no idea, but some calcs show that he needed at least Fire Blast to OHKO.

I switched while I had my sub to preserve my balloon.

Thanks I thought it was 1.69x but I really wasn't all to sure how exactly they wanted to do it. Sheesh 70% is amazing.

Nidoking outspeeds gliscor unless it's Jolly, which most defensive forms are not, leaving him wide open for an OHKO via Ice Beam.

Think I covered everything. Still not all to sure about the next one, I might postpone Kanto in favor of the other team, just because right now I'm really enjoying playing that team...>> xD

I was looking into that shandera part myself actually and I'm curious to how things would have turned out. My only guess is that he didn't carry either of them and instead had flamethrower. Why he wouldn't use that I have no idea, but some calcs show that he needed at least Fire Blast to OHKO.

I switched while I had my sub to preserve my balloon.

Thanks I thought it was 1.69x but I really wasn't all to sure how exactly they wanted to do it. Sheesh 70% is amazing.

Nidoking outspeeds gliscor unless it's Jolly, which most defensive forms are not, leaving him wide open for an OHKO via Ice Beam.

Think I covered everything. Still not all to sure about the next one, I might postpone Kanto in favor of the other team, just because right now I'm really enjoying playing that team...>> xD
Does the balloon pop when your sub breaks?

IIRC every defensive Gliscor (with roost) and builds are using jolly full HP
But other than that this warstory is boss while its actualy balanced, your analytical plays make it seems that you stomped all over him

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Wow! Your effort has paid off splendidly! This is my favorite warstory of all time. It was a marvelous battle, and I truly appreciate the extreme depth of your comments. I was utterly hooked from start to finish. The slight hax and misclick actually made the battle more interesting then it would have been otherwise. Seriously, my heart stopped for a split second when you described the misclick. :P Any minor blemishes went completely unnoticed by me. Bravo! 10/10

Edit: and a Luvdisc! <3

IIRC every defensive Gliscor (with roost) and builds are using jolly full HP
But other than that this warstory is boss while its actualy balanced, your analytical plays make it seems that you stomped all over him
If that's what you believe is standard you're probably right. I mentioned either before in this or my first warstory that I don't really look into pokemon's sets, but rather play and build experience with it. From my experience, I killed 90% of Gliscors by outspeeding them so I came to believe that was standard. It wasn't until recently I was actually beat by one and checked his base stats to realize that he is faster than Nidoking when he's Jolly. It's one of my largest flaws of battling.

It only seems like a stomped him you're right haha. Unfortunately it is usually I who is getting crushed. The thing is, I don't want people thinking I'm some amazing battler. After posting this warstory I have been recognized by opponents left and right and all of a sudden I got a rep to keep? Thing is those analytical plays kill me most of the time. I'll predict to far ahead or predict to wildly and lose for it. Since I don't like to carry sweepers, when I lose a pokemon it tends to be disastrous. Makes it interesting though, I get 6-0'd by people with 1100 ratings but can fight on even ground all the way into the 1400's. Feckin weird xD

Hey folks guess what, the time's arrived for a new warstory. Unfortunately I'll be going to sleep halfway through writing it, as to save myself the mental capacity to ensure you're full entertainment with my commentary. I'll be sure to get the story up sometime tomorrow after I do some Christmas Shopping so be sure to stay tuned!

For those of you eager for it, I'll give you a little preview of the first turn here:
Vexatious sent out Persian!
JMALL2010 sent out Ninetales!
The foe's Ninetales is floating on a balloon!
The foe's Ninetales's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
(100%) VS
(100%)
Remember back when we talked about leads and how they can't predict an opponents team? Then you should also remember that there was an exception to this rule of mine: Weather. Whether or not weather is going to bother me, will depend on how he decides to abuse it. Luckily the sun is shining brightly, and as much as I love a good rain storm here and there, I wasn't in the mood to get soaking wet today.

Moving on to the task at hand, Ninetales is the premier lead to all sun teams. Whether or not (alright last weather pun for this turn I swear) I think it's the best lead for a sun team, is a different story all together. While these types of teams need the perma-weather going, it's not a great idea to lead off with them. Being key party members, having them in the lead position puts them at far to large a risk and gives away the intention of the team. Perhaps it is my love for U-turn, trick, and all the momentum hassling moves of Pokemon, but I believe any lead should be either an anti-lead or a set-up lead. We can argue setting up weather is a set-up lead, but the risks are far to great for that to be justified. Eh, but who am I to talk, I never use weather teams and I never will.

What I know about Ninetales is the same that I know about Politoed. I really hate spelling it "toed" but apparently that's how it is. Not like a "toad" but as in having Poli (many) toes. I get the play on words, but the spelling really irks me. Anyway, Both tend to carry one of two sets. Either a bulky defensive set with a status move, or a heavy hitting choice set. Ninetales though, has a third set it can be running which is a Nasty Plot set. Taking quick advantage of the sun and a +2 to his special attack, a lot of Ninetales can take a quick and early KO to put the match in their favor. So far, the only thing I know about this Ninetales is that it has a balloon which only eliminates one choice (literally).

Luckily for me, my Persian is the most annoying creation Arceus ever put into Kanto. With his version of trick (switcheroo), hypnosis, knock off, and u-turn as well as a Choice Scarf, Persian is a bitch. What I love about this lead is all the options that it gives me. Hypnosis can shut down Ninetales and in essence, thanks to the new sleep mechanics, take him out of the game. I could pop his balloon with knock off or a quick U-turn, and we all know how I love that move with an unholy passion, for some free momentum, but why pop the balloon when I could take it?

Switcheroo will not only give Persian a ground immunity, but will make Ninetales much more predictable later on. There are really only three moves I see him doing aside from switching. Flamethrower, Hypnosis, or Nasty Plot. Two of those moves are great starting moves on his part, but both will force a switch after he's locked into them. Flamethrower would be unfortunate thanks to Persian's abysmal stats and a switch could go either way depending on what he expects me to do. With 2.5/4 options in the favor of Switcheroo, take a guess at what I'm going to do. If you haven't caught on, please stop reading for your, and my, mental health.

Hope to see you guys tomorrow and I hope this next one is everything you loved about this one!

Utterly Brilliant. I really can't think of a way it could possibly be better. 23/10.
If you're still looking for team ideas, a team built around quickstall Infernape would be cool. (Slack Off/Will-O-Wisp/Substitute/Taunt).
FF
EDIT: And the teaser is fantastic! I seriously can't wait.

Wow this warstory was just fantastic. A warstory like this really helps me out with competitive battling due to all the detail you put in this warstory and how clearly you show your thought process.

Maybe I need a lesson about predicting the opponent's moves from you :p

Anyway, I give this warstory a 10/10! Fantastic in every way possible.

I read this awhile ago so I'm not going to say much because I barely remember it. lol. But I do remember thinking it was amazing though, and deserving of 9/10

The English names weren't out when he made it. This is like, a month old.
On an entirely un-related note, this is my favorite Vex warstory.

To quote a certain Smogonite:
Have a nice day.

Hmm wonder who.

Anyways agreed, this is actually a good warstory. I need to write a warstory sometime soon, but keep it up.

Wow. REALLY long commments...

But they were awesome! :D amazing battle. THIS IS THE KIND OF WARSTORY TYST DESERVES TO BE IN THE FREAKIN ARCHIVES MAN!!!!
10000000/10
I loved it

Damn, missed this one...

...I have no words to describe this warstory... The only thing I'm going to do is putting the mark below...

A+

EDIT: I forgot the Luvdisc...

Amazing read. I don't care if that DID take up 30 minutes of my evening, I really, really enjoyed the depth of your experience. I'll be on the hunt for more of your warstories.

5/10 for japanese names ;) luvdisc'd
I think you got that wrong. 10/10 for the Japanese names. (Month old or not.)

Since, you know, the Japanese names usually convey a lot more meaning than the English. (And sound nicer.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)