Questionable Movesets

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
UU-style, now with 25% Spd growth ratios.

Same thing as before, simply state if these should be kept | thrown on site | whatever, main point is if UU experts can test these out.
Quite a handful here. Who's ready for some "looking"?

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Stall Breaker set of Mismagius(Taunt/WoW/PainSplit/SB) should definitely be kept. From my experience, it's very useful.

So should the Anti-Lead Cloyster.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Unfortunately it's very similair to the Bulky Ghost set. For now I added a comment with Taunt. Mismagius needs "another overhaul" but the writer should definitely take note of that set.

Testing Dual Screens Torterra tonight on a team of bulky setup sweepers. I will update this post with my opinion in this metagame.

Edit:Dual Screen Torterra can find plenty of chances to come in and set up. Analysis needs to be rewritten, but the first paragraph is correct in its justification for DS Torterra. It's strong physical attacks means it doesn't become set up bait like Uxie and or other weak attackers like Clefable.

Even with it being "a free turn" for Honchkrow, if you set up a reflect first (which is what I would recommend in this metagame) in good health you can get your Light Screen up while it Brave Birds you for a 2HKO allowing another sweeper to come in while Honchrow is weakened due to recoil.

I would have thought lonleyness's and Jimbo's word would have been good enough for it to be justified but I'm guessing you were wondering if it worked because of metagame shifts and it being outdated.

Encore + Spikes Cacturne definitely needs to be added. I've used it with great success, and it's capable of achieving multiple layers of Spikes. It's a good set for more offensive-based teams that need the extra entry hazard support, instead of using more defensive Pokemon like Cloyster.

SubLiechi Sceptile is good, and it almost completely outclasses SubSalac Venusaur, which I think could be removed. It's fast without being under 25% of its HP, it has higher base power moves, and its stat boosting move is two stages rather than one. Venusaur has better defensive stats, but they're almost irrelevant for a sweeper that aims to operate below a quarter of its health, and Sceptile's base attack being 15 points lower than Venusaur's special attack is offset by its speed allowing it to use Liechi Berry.

Keeper for Cloyster. The person should look into Rock Blast though.
I actually posted this in the thread quite recently:

Wondering if I should update this now, or wait until Froslass is deemed BL or UU, because if I update it, Froslass will be all over the set description.
That's the reason I haven't updated it yet. Ice Shard and Surf would possibly be more useful than Rock Blast and one of Surf / Ice Shard if Froslass wasn't in the metagame.

It's quite a popular lead at the moment too.

I posted this in the other thread, but it looks like it would fit better here:

I tested this set out and found it to be remarkably good and was wondering if I should bother to do a write up for it (I've never done these before so I'm not sure what standard it has to meet, despite reading the stickies)

I think a Zam anti-lead set deserves a mention.

Alakazam@Focus Sash
Timid/Inner Focus
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP

-Taunt
-Counter
-Psychic/Light Screen/Reflect
-Encore

It beats pretty much every lead out there except the Spiritomb anti-lead, which takes it out without difficulty.

I must say, I was very surprised when I read the Zam analysis and there was no mention of a specific lead set. That said, I haven't written up an analysis before, so I'd defer to others on whether it's worth it and/or how.
Forgot to mention, HP EVs over SpA if you aren't running Psychic, but I find it to be the better set with Psychic.

I've used that too, I'll attest to it being quite good but it is really easy to prepare for I find.
True, but it does it's job and it's a viable set, just because one can prepare for it doesn't mean it's not viable, just not overpowered in the metagame. The real question is thus: Is it worthy of a write-up?

Cacturne - Encore + Spikes - DELETE
Golduck - Mono-Attacker - DELETE
Charizard - Choice Scarf - DELETE
Torterra - Dual Screen - Other Options
Lapras - Phazing Tank - Approve
Hitmontop - Rest + Sleep Talk - Other Options
Raticate - Choice Band - Other Options
Cacturne - Swords Dance - Approve
Mismagius - Sub | Destiny Bond - DELETE
Mismagius - Stall Breaker - COMPLETED
Sceptile - SubLiechi - DELETE
Cloyster - Anti-Lead - Approve
Pinsir - Stealth Rock Lead - DELETE
Articuno - Heal Bell - Approve

Here is my consensus. Have any questions.. just ask.

Here are my questionables...

Absol - Mixed
Arcanine - Rest Talk Shuffler (Ev spread)
Azumarill - Rest Talk - Other Options
Claydoll - Sleep Talk - Other Options

keep restalk hitmontop, it can be extremely valuable to teams that need a bulky spinner who can stay around for a while, or even just a bulky intimidator. the set itself should be revamped though

Rest / Sleep Talk / Rapid Spin / Revenge, is one variation that I have seen work well, as well as pure attacking (stone edge/revenge), pure spinning (rapid spin/foresight or Stone Edge for ghost-types.), and even just odd (toxic/revenge).

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
Here are my final verdicts atm. Keep in mind if I write "re-post" it could be due to needng a new writer.
Any objections to these?

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I would most definitely keep the RestTalk Hitmontop; it's very viable in the metagame and I've used it with success on a few of my teams.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
I added it.

I'll see what I can do tommorow or even Black Friday as far as getting this stuff piled together. Thanks for the input everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)