Pokémon Pyukumuku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Unaware is the premier ability on this thing, but I feel you undervalue Innards Out a lot, especially in sets that don't have a consistent way to capitalize on Unaware due to Pyuku's extremely passive nature.

Dual Screens, Z-Memento, and to a lesser extent, Pain Split (I say "lesser" because it's a gimmick more than anything) are all sets that appreciate the extra utility Innards Out provides them as extra mileage you can get out of sacking Pyuku when it no longer serves its function.

tl;dr: I agree, but Innards Out is surprisingly neat as an option to have.

PS: Why are ppl not playing Baton Pass on this thing? It is literally its best move, yet none of the Pyukus among your replays seemed to have it (unless I missed it.)
Innards out totally has its use, but I dunno. Seeing this thing treated as just death fodder kind of seems like wasted potential.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-501468669
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-501448819

Actually, this thing is hilariously threatening when you add in mindgames. Anything that sets up gets slammed by Unaware, and the 'mons that slam it hard normally like Koko get OHKO by a full-hp Innards Out variant. Kind of an ultimate guessing game.

Toxic murders this thing, but other status aren't bad at all; burns are a joke, the only thing paralysis does is give a chance of being haxed to death (lol 5 speed) and regular poison is just annoying chip damage that makes you forced to recover more.

I haven't seen a memorably good match that really, really shines with Baton Pass; a lot of the time it tries to curse up and gets killed.

so what do you think of this set i made my self

Pyukumuku @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Innards Out / Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def or 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold or Calm Nature
- Pain Split
- Memento
- Taunt
- Counter

pain split can be used as both recovery and a way to damage special attackers. taunt is for other pyukumuku and shuckle since the 4 EV in speed out speeds un invested ones. z-counter is to finish of a mon once their HP is low enough since pain split cant ko. memento is for when you manage to ko something.

so what do you guys think any suggestion and/or feed back
This is definitely not an optimal set. Main reason is Pyukumuku's speed. If you're running pain split you will need to be at low health to have the enemy at low health. This would be fine if you could out speed but 5 base speed is the lowest value in use for any pokemon's base speed. Basically, if you put it into perspective, this pokemon with your stat spread will be able to outspeed and kill 3 pokemon out of 801.

However, if you are using innards out and don't get taunted out of pain split, you will drag just about everything down to the grave with you with innards out. If you are using Unaware, well, you will never kill anything minus a possible Counter kill.

I guess either Hitmonlee or Hawlucha.
Wow, this is actually pretty good. +2 Hitmonlee OHKOs literally everything. (and by everything, I mean EVERYTHING) And it's really hard to revenge kill because it doesn't die to priority or scarf Pheromosa HJK.

Too bad most teams have a way of dealing with Pyukumuku though; the Tapus (all of them) and Toxapex are common as hell and prevent it from setting up. Anything with Taunt, Haze, or Roar ruins Pyukumuku's fun, too.

Soak set works great! Especially if you're running it with Tapu Koko! Koko sets up electric terrain and you can change any checks for Koko into a water type safely after using Protect. Afterwards... just thunder bolt, discharge, or wild charge (depending on the type of set you're running. A toxapex with merciless might be a good partner too! Once you have used toxic on as many mon's as possible and Koko has been killed you send in your bulky tox and start critical hitting all poisoned mon's with Venoshock. Instruct Oranguru with this set may provide some help and depending on how you play your mon's you can use TR with it. Grassy Terrain can help with restoring health and lessening EQ/Bulldoze/ and other ground type moves

Pyukumuku @ leftovers/mental herb
Innards Out/Unaware (I prefer innards out)
Relaxed/Sassy/Calm
-Soak
-Protect
-Toxic
-Recover

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Electric Terrain
Timid
-Protect
-Thunderbolt
-Discharge
-Dazzling Gleam

Toxapex @ Leftovers/ black sludge (if running Pyu with Lefties already)
Merciless
Calm/Relaxed/sassy
-Venoshock
-Protect/ Wide Guard
-Venom Drench
-Filler

Oranguru @ Iapapa Berry
Telepathy/Inner Focus (since HA isn't available yet)
Sassy/Quiet
-Trick Room
-Instruct
-Protect
-Psychic

Tapu Bulu @ Grassy Seed/ Grassium Z
Grassy Terrain
Addament/Brave
-Leech Seed
-Protect
-Wood Hammer/ Leech Horn/ Super Power
-Wood Hammer/ Leech Horn/ Super Power

This doubles set is meant to sweep early and TR later or TR early and sweep later.

As I've never used the move Soak, does it last through switch outs? Or do types reset if switched out?

Also loving the Z-Purify idea for in-game Battle Tree and Global Link where the BP clause isn't.

Soak resets on a switch, but if you poison a Pokemon while Soak is active, they'll stay poisoned even if they change back to a Steel or Poison type later in the battle.

I'm not sure if it has been thought of (I scrolled through the pages and didn't see it), but this Pokemon has amazing utility that no other poke can offer in Unaware + Psych Up. He can come in on setup mons and copy pass their boosts in an attempt to countersweep. I was thinking something along the lines of:

Pyukumuku Leftovers
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 S.Def
Bold Nature
Ability: Unaware
-Psych Up
-Recover
-Toxic
-Baton Pass

It feigns normal ToxiStall shenanigans while doubling as an answer to setup sweepers which grants you immediate setup if they try to sweep you. The only thing is that I'm not sure how Baton Pass Clause is ruled vs Psych Up copying Speed.

Thoughts?
I've been using this set. I've had a ton of success with it. Sometimes I do wish I had Soak but those times are few and far between.

Nothing stops your opponent from alternating switches of steels/poison/other forms of immunity to poison damage/guts mons without pain split. You could literally PP stall Pukeamuku by repeated switching steel poison alternating with no problem. Barring hazards, it really can't do any damage since soak resets on switching. Worst case scenario, you get a favorable switch in and two mons eyeballing each other at neutral.

Nothing stops your opponent from alternating switches of steels/poison/other forms of immunity to poison damage/guts mons without pain split. You could literally PP stall Pukeamuku by repeated switching steel poison alternating with no problem. Barring hazards, it really can't do any damage since soak resets on switching. Worst case scenario, you get a favorable switch in and two mons eyeballing each other at neutral.
But it gets the worlds slowest Baton Pass meaning it is guaranteed to bring whatever it wants to counter your switch in soooo no, you can be in the worst possible matchup giving all the momentum to the opponent.

In addition to the aforementioned Baton Pass, I think you're underestimating the time stall switching would take. That's 40(30?) turns to run out Soak, and don't forget you'd have to be stalling through a hilariously predictable strategy. After the first six switches, anyone with any short term memory would probably throw something with a move like EQ (which can be predicted) to hit both super effectively or just predict the switch you've done 8 times before, putting you overall in a worse situation. It could of course be used to trick people, IE throwing a toxic from Toxapex on turn 9 instead of switching and hoping for the switch, so sure, if you're into obscenely long mindgames for little reward instead of swapping to a hard counter that 1HKOs anyway, like Koko, it would be viable.

In addition to the aforementioned Baton Pass, I think you're underestimating the time stall switching would take. That's 40(30?) turns to run out Soak, and don't forget you'd have to be stalling through a hilariously predictable strategy. After the first six switches, anyone with any short term memory would probably throw something with a move like EQ (which can be predicted) to hit both super effectively or just predict the switch you've done 8 times before, putting you overall in a worse situation. It could of course be used to trick people, IE throwing a toxic from Toxapex on turn 9 instead of switching and hoping for the switch, so sure, if you're into obscenely long mindgames for little reward instead of swapping to a hard counter that 1HKOs anyway, like Koko, it would be viable.
After the Baton pass we are at a new turn. You can't BP then hit me on a switch also. If an EQ user comes out then you switch unless they read the switch. Maybe Dugtrio works on the switch in. Baton Pass is irrelevant considering if they are switching already BP doesn't donanything butmake you switch last.

But it gets the worlds slowest Baton Pass meaning it is guaranteed to bring whatever it wants to counter your switch in soooo no, you can be in the worst possible matchup giving all the momentum to the opponent.
Why even baton pass when I'm already switching anyway?

Why even baton pass when I'm already switching anyway?
If they know/predict that your going to switch they will see the pokemon you bring in before they are required to choose their pokemon when BP kicks. So if you bring in say, Magnazone for example, they will see it when you switch, BP will go, and they can bring in Dugtrio or something that will perfectly counter your switch-in.

If they know/predict that your going to switch they will see the pokemon you bring in before they are required to choose their pokemon when BP kicks. So if you bring in say, Magnazone for example, they will see it when you switch, BP will go, and they can bring in Dugtrio or something that will perfectly counter your switch-in.
I didn't think of that part.

I love thi thing, it's SO cute I can't not use it. I generally run Counter/Recover/Toxic/Taunt to check physical sweepers. This little guy can end a sweep with a snap of his...wierd intestine handfingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)