PU PUPL II Official "Discussion" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
apparently since ive been gone dundies became a self proclaimed top 3 player at this game wtfff happened

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright. In this post I want to issue a formal apology to zdrup15. I had a huge part in causing some shitty drama, and my only answer to that can be I honestly didn't think you were serious. No, it's not a good response. Yes, it's arrogant as shit. But my honest response was something along the lines of "lol this is so dumb it cant actually be for real" and people on discord can confirm that. I didn't take it seriously at all and shat up the thread under an incorrect assumption. With the response of "k", I'm now convinced that you actually mean it and think that's all salt.
That being said, the reason I didn't believe it is that it is a pretty damn illogical stance to take from my point of view. So hopefully I'll address all of your concerns and annoyances, as well as anyone else who actually believes I'm just salty all the time so we can move on to less aggressive and depressing posts.
Basically our first interaction in play was in the PU seasonal where I ended up losing in a g3 thanks to an unwinnable pawniard webs vs no pawniard webs matchup. From that first interaction, I already got hints from you that me calling it unwinnable and all down to matchup was an issue, and you thought it was some sort of john. I just didn't really pay that much attention. Following that though we had all of the continuing events and the start of the zard hates hax meme. At this point, as far as I understand, you now think that every time I lose I blame hax, I have some sort of excuse, and I think that I'm really a great player struck low by bad luck. This is what your point is predicated on from what I understand.

The reason I've totally disrespected that opinion is that it's based on something as straight up wrong as the idea that I have an incorrect outlook on hax and matchup, and the correct way to view it is to totally ignore it unless it's massively game changing. I'm taking that stance from you just because you've insinuated what I've done isn't ok, but made some pretty extreme salt posts yourself. I just don't see it that way. The way I see it, people non ironically using the meme including yourself are the ones having a terrible outlook on hax and matchup, and I'm not being facetious. They are part of the game. Not accepting it as something people will mention or be annoyed about simply isn't a healthy way to look at it because it's just another factor. When I say I had an unwinnable matchup in that game or would've beaten Rawmelon week 1 without hax, understand two things: I legitimately believe that, and that doesnt change the fact that I lost. For example, maybe I shouldnt have brought webs since you brought a ton of pawniard webs that tour. I certainly choked a bit vs Rawmelon in addition to the hax, Signal Beaming Duosion was the better play rather than setting up a Nasty Plot again. You have the misconception that I can't accept and move past this, but really any mention of it is what has gone into triggering you. When Evan said only complain when it matters, this is really what I try to do (although I was absolutely worse in the past). You may not believe the hax vs amber lamps mattered, but it was frustrating because my entire play throughout the game was setting him up for that scenario which ended up being taken away from me and I still think I had a shot to win there. That doesn't change the fact that I choked early game though, nor does it justify you attacking me over it. I didn't think you were serious just because this seems totally apparent to me and I'm only now thinking that maybe it's not something you think.

In addition to that, is this seriously where you're going to get off attacking users? Like, let's say I just legitimately have a terrible outlook on hax. So? Does that mean you should continue going out of your way to attack me? I'm kind of curious to see where that's justified or if you can do that and then think you've been such a saint yourself. This part of the argument I admit I may have 100% wrong, but I'm led to believe this isn't right by receiving support from people saying "damn zard sorry you have to deal with attacks like that". I don't see why you've felt the need to attack me, which is again why I didn't really think it was serious because why would you continually attack me in posts and in the room for very little reason? If I make a post you think is overly salty, nobody cares. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
e: Anty also reminded me that I can point to posts of yours where everybody else thinks the salt is total bullshit and nobody cares http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pu-winter-seasonal-round-6.3566366/page-2#post-6701649

You may not think you were attacking me, rather that you made some posts and I overreacted and you've simply been putting me in my place. Please know I'm only using that as what I see as the most comparable word here. I'm the one getting shit and dealing with attack posts and a hate meme, with the sole exception being the one up there in which I told you to stop posting which I've apologized for since that didn't help the conversation. The point still stands around I don't really think you have any merit to come after me about this.
I wish it wasn't necessary for me to post exactly what I'm feeling deep down in a response post where you've been nothing but aggressive and sarcastic but hopefully that ends this ridiculous conflict. If I got something wrong, sorry, and hopefully it can be resolved in a less extravagant manner. If you honestly believe this is all either salt or me being butthurt, then there's nothing more I can do other than say I'm still having a nice day, but if you're so convinced about being correct over something that you have no way of knowing then there's nothing more I can do with you.

My only motive in making this post is to end what I see as unfounded hate I'm getting and hopefully change your outlook. You can decide whether you want to post another sarcastic attack or maybe just act mature and move on. Now someone post a funny meme or something so y'all can forget about this actually serious post. If you want to see me actually make a hilarious meme™ try going here

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Don't worry Megazard I've done some research and I'm pretty sure I've analyzed all the socially acceptable ways to acknowledge hax after a game.

hogg's guide to acknowledging hax

You've done all you can do to win the game, from the months of scouting to getting the timing of your pre-game shit just right. You go into the match feeling like a champion - but gods be damned, Luck has decided NOT to be a Lady tonight, and in what might be the most embarrassing eighty-four seconds of your young life, you've gone down in flames.

Now you've crawled your way back on to the Smogon forums, and it's time to say something about the game and move on. You see an alert that your opponent posted in the tournament thread, and you go to see how profusely he apologized for the shitfest of a game he just played. Perhaps he will even have offered to give you the win (which you, being a gentleman, will nobly refuse)! You click on the alert and...

"Won, gg."

Won, gg? Good game?!! Sweet sassy molassy, was he even playing the same game as you? What about the six consecutive rounds you spent fully paralyzed? Or the fact that you missed three out of four Blizzards, while all his Hurricanes hit? What about the fact that a whopping 73% of his rolls were, in fact, above average rolls?! This won't stand. Not now, not ever.

But wait - before you post, take a moment and read this guide, so you can know what people will really think of you after you post.

• The Tryhard

"Yeah good game, kind of sucked that I was paralyzed so much, and I dunno if you noticed but you got a lot of high rolls there, I think I probably could have won the game if not for that. Still was a pretty close game in the end though, if even one of your Hurricanes in the sun missed I think I might have had a chance in the end. Oh well, just my luck I guess, gg and I hope the next one is cleaner."

You may think you're just telling it like it is while staying surprisingly civil, but nobody likes a crybaby. Before long, literally tens of people will have read your post and become infuriated that you were not gracious enough to just let your opponent revel in his win. Are you really so insecure that you can't just say "good game" and move on? Are you so stuck up that you have to blame the RNG for your loss? Is it really so hard to believe that maybe you just got outplayed? A better player would have found a way to play through those seventeen turns you spent smacking yourself in the face in confusion. A better player wouldn't have brought a team that can't handle getting critted every other team.

Anyhow, maybe you'd better switch to something soothing like chess, because Pokemon is a cruel mistress, and might not be the game for you.

• The Firecracker

"Man you must not have been watching the same game as I was, that was a total fucking robbery. Seriously, your plan was to stay in on my Blizzard with your Jumpluff and... what, just lose to that Machoke I've got sitting in the back that stomps on everything else on your team? You're a garbage player and you got rewarded for being garbage. You haxed me right and left and you still only barely managed to hang on to a win by the skin of your shriveled balls. Hope you go down in flames against CharizardLover9000 next week, CHUMP."

Woah, there, cowboy, let's settle down a bit. Pop a prozac and take a deep breath. People who read this aren't going to think you're edgy; they're going to think you're a dick. You might pick up a few sycophants who will snicker and cheer at any hint of blood in the playground and toss you a few likes on your post, but most people will just think you're a bully.

See, the big problem here is that you've forgotten the cardinal rule of the internet: Never Let Anyone Know How Much You Care. You may try to hide it in brashness and profanity, but we can all see right through you - you care about this game so much it hurts. That's kind of beautiful, man. You don't need to hide behind those dirty words. I'm here for you.

• The Nice Guy

"Thanks for playing, CharizardLover9000! A bit messy on both sides but a great game nonetheless! GG and good luck in the rest of the season!"
    Fuck you, you're not fooling anybody.

• The Rebel

"LOL this game is dog dicks"

The Rebel may seem like a less long-winded version of the Firecracker, but there are some key differences. Notice the skilled use of the all caps LOL to lighten the mood, the carefully peppered profanity, and the almost flippant nature with which it is all delivered, as if to say, "Hey, shit happens, but it's all a game, right?" Sure, the Rebel might be a sociopath, but damn it, you just know that in four to eight years from now when he's finally allowed to purchase his first adult beverage, you'd love to be sitting at the bar beside him.

• The Memer

Instead of a GG you posted a GIF of a... is that a dancing badger? Or wait, no, I think it's a baby in a badger suit? It's hard to tell what you're getting at here. And the caption doesn't make any sense either. Shit, is it me? Have I grown out of touch? Damn it, I thought I had my phone send me daily updates from KnowYourMeme.com. Crap, a bunch of people are liking this post. It has to mean something. Hell, I'll just toss a like at it myself and move on my way.
Hope this helped! Go Prinplups!!

Alright. In this post I want to issue a formal apology to zdrup15. I had a huge part in causing some shitty drama, and my only answer to that can be I honestly didn't think you were serious. No, it's not a good response. Yes, it's arrogant as shit. But my honest response was something along the lines of "lol this is so dumb it cant actually be for real" and people on discord can confirm that. I didn't take it seriously at all and shat up the thread under an incorrect assumption. With the response of "k", I'm now convinced that you actually mean it and think that's all salt.
That being said, the reason I didn't believe it is that it is a pretty damn illogical stance to take from my point of view. So hopefully I'll address all of your concerns and annoyances, as well as anyone else who actually believes I'm just salty all the time so we can move on to less aggressive and depressing posts.
Basically our first interaction in play was in the PU seasonal where I ended up losing in a g3 thanks to an unwinnable pawniard webs vs no pawniard webs matchup. From that first interaction, I already got hints from you that me calling it unwinnable and all down to matchup was an issue, and you thought it was some sort of john. I just didn't really pay that much attention. Following that though we had all of the continuing events and the start of the zard hates hax meme. At this point, as far as I understand, you now think that every time I lose I blame hax, I have some sort of excuse, and I think that I'm really a great player struck low by bad luck. This is what your point is predicated on from what I understand.

The reason I've totally disrespected that opinion is that it's based on something as straight up wrong as the idea that I have an incorrect outlook on hax and matchup, and the correct way to view it is to totally ignore it unless it's massively game changing. I'm taking that stance from you just because you've insinuated what I've done isn't ok, but made some pretty extreme salt posts yourself. I just don't see it that way. The way I see it, people non ironically using the meme including yourself are the ones having a terrible outlook on hax and matchup, and I'm not being facetious. They are part of the game. Not accepting it as something people will mention or be annoyed about simply isn't a healthy way to look at it because it's just another factor. When I say I had an unwinnable matchup in that game or would've beaten Rawmelon week 1 without hax, understand two things: I legitimately believe that, and that doesnt change the fact that I lost. For example, maybe I shouldnt have brought webs since you brought a ton of pawniard webs that tour. I certainly choked a bit vs Rawmelon in addition to the hax, Signal Beaming Duosion was the better play rather than setting up a Nasty Plot again. You have the misconception that I can't accept and move past this, but really any mention of it is what has gone into triggering you. When Evan said only complain when it matters, this is really what I try to do (although I was absolutely worse in the past). You may not believe the hax vs amber lamps mattered, but it was frustrating because my entire play throughout the game was setting him up for that scenario which ended up being taken away from me and I still think I had a shot to win there. That doesn't change the fact that I choked early game though, nor does it justify you attacking me over it. I didn't think you were serious just because this seems totally apparent to me and I'm only now thinking that maybe it's not something you think.

In addition to that, is this seriously where you're going to get off attacking users? Like, let's say I just legitimately have a terrible outlook on hax. So? Does that mean you should continue going out of your way to attack me? I'm kind of curious to see where that's justified or if you can do that and then think you've been such a saint yourself. This part of the argument I admit I may have 100% wrong, but I'm led to believe this isn't right by receiving support from people saying "damn zard sorry you have to deal with attacks like that". I don't see why you've felt the need to attack me, which is again why I didn't really think it was serious because why would you continually attack me in posts and in the room for very little reason? If I make a post you think is overly salty, nobody cares. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
e: Anty also reminded me that I can point to posts of yours where everybody else thinks the salt is total bullshit and nobody cares http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pu-winter-seasonal-round-6.3566366/page-2#post-6701649

You may not think you were attacking me, rather that you made some posts and I overreacted and you've simply been putting me in my place. Please know I'm only using that as what I see as the most comparable word here. I'm the one getting shit and dealing with attack posts and a hate meme, with the sole exception being the one up there in which I told you to stop posting which I've apologized for since that didn't help the conversation. The point still stands around I don't really think you have any merit to come after me about this.
I wish it wasn't necessary for me to post exactly what I'm feeling deep down in a response post where you've been nothing but aggressive and sarcastic but hopefully that ends this ridiculous conflict. If I got something wrong, sorry, and hopefully it can be resolved in a less extravagant manner. If you honestly believe this is all either salt or me being butthurt, then there's nothing more I can do other than say I'm still having a nice day, but if you're so convinced about being correct over something that you have no way of knowing then there's nothing more I can do with you.

My only motive in making this post is to end what I see as unfounded hate I'm getting and hopefully change your outlook. You can decide whether you want to post another sarcastic attack or maybe just act mature and move on. Now someone post a funny meme or something so y'all can forget about this actually serious post.
Holy crap. Dude, understand one thing: I do NOT hate you, I did not mean in any way to personally attack you with my initial post, it was just supposed to state my opinion that your team is the worst in the tour. It was literally just that. I can see how it might have been blunt, what I can't see is how it is being seen as a personal attack to you.

Then it escalated a lot thanks to what I saw as a massive overreaction to an attack that didn't exist. I said I don't think you're good, that's my honest opinion. I did say you're usually too salty, also my opinion. You can say you think I was good or not, that's your opinion and it's ok for you or anyone else to have it, it's not an attack to me as a person. You can say I'm salty or not and, again, I'm ok with that, especially because I've even assumed myself both in PMs to my opps after the matches and on my winning and losing posts.

Finally, galbia do your work:

Last edited by a moderator:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well I was hoping for the point to be missed slightly less or for it to at least make sense but if it stops the dumb back and forth then I guess it's a win.
83e.png

man I wish I could make awful posts calling out other people and then hide behind "quitting"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)