Tournament PSPL V Playoffs: Semifinals

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader

Welcome to the semifinals of the Pokemon Showdown Premier League V !

The top two from each group has advanced to the playoffs. From here, the matches will be conducted in knockout format until a winner is decided in the finals, with the succession being top 16 -> quarterfinals -> semifinals -> finals. Here's the bracket

Replays are encouraged but not mandatory. For following weeks, if managers don't submit any changes to us, the lineups will stay the same throughout the tournament.

All basic tournament rules apply. Please take a moment to read these, ESPECIALLY if you are new to forum tournaments.
  • Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to us hosts. This includes spectators in battles as well, using /modchat + as the player in a battle should stop such if it happens. The punishment for this could be a forum infraction or disqualification. Think before you type, please.

• Activity wins and scheduling: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS too. Unfortunately, We'll have to make some activity calls - We'll be making these based on activity posts (make these detailed, please, and explain why you deserve an activity win) and VM conversations, so be active and schedule as early as you can with your opponent. Use VMs and you will be fine. No extensions, sorry. If they lack a Smogon account, be vigilant as far as contacting them on PS goes.

• Disconnections and timer: A timer loss is a loss. No ifs, no buts. If you disconnect and your opponent's nice enough to replay that's fine, but they're free to take the win.

• Substitutions: Managers, you're free to sub in players for inactive ones at any stage. Subs are taken from the lineups that were sent to the hosts, and can include any managers if necessary. We'll accept substitutions from the manager and any roomowner.

Deadline: July 24, 11:59 PM EST (GMT-4)

Reminder: Random Battle follows a best-of-three format

Chinese (6) vs. (2) Monotype

Managers
: bobochan qtrx -- Acast Omega-Xis

Ubers: nishikino kotori vs. Vid Anttya
OU: psychicmewtwo vs. Balto
UU: pokeisfun vs. Azelea
RU: yoppie yjh971203 vs. Sae Sae
LC: Unowndragon vs. Moosical (Torkool)
Doubles OU
: EmbCPT vs. 1 True Lycan
Monotype: Lax vs. Paleo
Random Battle (best-of-three): beiying vs. Omega-Xis

Deutsche
(4) vs. (4) Neverused

Managers
: silver99 Marshmallon -- rozes Disjunction

Ubers: Melle2402 vs. rozes
OU: Mazar (Mazary) vs. FLCL
UU: Freestylerking Sombolo vs. Jarii
RU: Erzengel (Erz) vs. AJB KratosMana
LC: therealslap vs. Disjunction
Doubles OU
: Quotenasiate vs. qsns
Monotype: Funkyyyyy vs. Kiyo
Random Battle (best-of-three): soTsoT vs. HJAD

Last edited:
In case if it comes down to it, I'd like to request an extension for my match against nishikino kotori. Scheduling's really awkward because of our timezones and that I have a flight tonight but we did decide on a time. The only issue is that it depends if I can make it since my flight is 30 mins from the scheduled time. We should have no problem scheduling after tonight.

Eyan

Reactions: Sae

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In case if it comes down to it, I'd like to request an extension for my match against nishikino kotori. Scheduling's really awkward because of our timezones and that I have a flight tonight but we did decide on a time. The only issue is that it depends if I can make it since my flight is 30 mins from the scheduled time. We should have no problem scheduling after tonight.

Eyan
I'll grant this if the game affects which team advances to the finals; otherwise, I'll leave it as a dead game if it isn't played by the deadline. Normally wouldn't do this for a team tour, but it's very late in the tour with finals being next (which wouldn't have a proper deadline) and both sides have been putting in good effort to get the games done, as seen from VMs and Monotype subbing to circumvent scheduling issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)