Programming PPRNG (Mac & iOS)

It appears I cannot download the Egg Seed Data File as a result of hotfile.com being terminated by the United States government.

Just a heads up. :)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
It appears I cannot download the Egg Seed Data File as a result of hotfile.com being terminated by the United States government.

Just a heads up. :)
Thanks for the heads up. Sorry for the slow response. Link has been updated to a new location.

I believe PPRNG for iOS may be giving incorrect shiny seeds. When I search for them in iOS, they're shiny, but when I inspect them on my Mac, the IV's/nature are correct, but OS X reports that the seeds aren't shiny. Is this a bug in the iOS version?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I believe PPRNG for iOS may be giving incorrect shiny seeds. When I search for them in iOS, they're shiny, but when I inspect them on my Mac, the IV's/nature are correct, but OS X reports that the seeds aren't shiny. Is this a bug in the iOS version?
Please update to version 1.0.8, which was just released yesterday. It fixes a bug where PIDs for fixed-gender stationaries (like Cresselia, Latios, Latias) were calculated incorrectly, leading to false shiny results.

If that isn't your issue, please provide some specific data so I can investigate.

Please update to version 1.0.8, which was just released yesterday. It fixes a bug where PIDs for fixed-gender stationaries (like Cresselia, Latios, Latias) were calculated incorrectly, leading to false shiny results.

If that isn't your issue, please provide some specific data so I can investigate.
Still have the bug. In fact, I verified my seed (used a master ball to catch cresselia) and the program reported that I hit a shiny seed, even though cresselia wasnt. :/

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Still have the bug. In fact, I verified my seed (used a master ball to catch cresselia) and the program reported that I hit a shiny seed, even though cresselia wasnt. :/
As I said, I need specific data. Please give me your profile details and your seed details. You reran your search after updating and verified using the Adjacent Seed search?

As I said, I need specific data. Please give me your profile details and your seed details. You reran your search after updating and verified using the Adjacent Seed search?
Uh oh, I had a derp moment... What is the difference between Encounter Details > Encounter Shininess > "May Be Shiny" and Desired Encounter > Shiny Only ?

That may have been what was messing up my search results.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
What is the difference between Encounter Details > Encounter Shininess > "May Be Shiny" and Desired Encounter > Shiny Only ?
The Encounter Details section is for setting information about what you are encountering that is outside of your control. In most cases, what you are encountering can be shiny, so the usual setting for Encounter Shininess would be 'May Be Shiny'. There are a few cases when the game forces the encounter to not be shiny (Reshiram, Zekrom, Victini), and another case where the game forces the encounter to be shiny (special Haxorus in BW2), so the other options exist as well.

The Desired Encounter section is where you specify what you'd like to get. In the case of an encounter that 'May Be Shiny', you can set Shiny Only to 'Yes' to make PPRNG return only results that would be shiny.

I agree that it's not the clearest design, but I wanted to cover all possibilities.

The Encounter Details section is for setting information about what you are encountering that is outside of your control. In most cases, what you are encountering can be shiny, so the usual setting for Encounter Shininess would be 'May Be Shiny'. There are a few cases when the game forces the encounter to not be shiny (Reshiram, Zekrom, Victini), and another case where the game forces the encounter to be shiny (special Haxorus in BW2), so the other options exist as well.

The Desired Encounter section is where you specify what you'd like to get. In the case of an encounter that 'May Be Shiny', you can set Shiny Only to 'Yes' to make PPRNG return only results that would be shiny.

I agree that it's not the clearest design, but I wanted to cover all possibilities.
Ah, I see. Thanks :) Just one question, when PPRNG says up-right, do I literally hold the up and right button together at the same time? Doesn't that count as 2 buttons?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Ah, I see. Thanks :) Just one question, when PPRNG says up-right, do I literally hold the up and right button together at the same time? Doesn't that count as 2 buttons?
Up-right is a diagonal direction on the D-Pad (contrast with R, which is the right shoulder button). From a strictly technical point of view (i.e. How your DS sees it) it is two buttons, however it only requires one finger. Most people probably normally think of the D-Pad as a single button, so PPRNG treats it as such.

Up-right is a diagonal direction on the D-Pad (contrast with R, which is the right shoulder button). From a strictly technical point of view (i.e. How your DS sees it) it is two buttons, however it only requires one finger. Most people probably normally think of the D-Pad as a single button, so PPRNG treats it as such.
Alright, cool :) Thanks again!

Another issue I've found with PPRNG for iOS: After I check my adjacent seeds/frames once, if I try to check them again, I get two places to enter the level/IV's of the pokemon I caught. Here's my example:

I'm trying to RNG Heatran. To see what seed I hit, I check it's IV's with the built in calculator. After I do that once and go back a second time, I'm forced to enter into two sets of boxes, yet I only have the stats on one Heatran. Therefore, to get only one set of boxes again, I have to completely leave the seed inspector and re enter all the seed information again. After lots of failed attempts, this starts to become really annoying.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Another issue I've found with PPRNG for iOS: After I check my adjacent seeds/frames once, if I try to check them again, I get two places to enter the level/IV's of the pokemon I caught. Here's my example:

I'm trying to RNG Heatran. To see what seed I hit, I check it's IV's with the built in calculator. After I do that once and go back a second time, I'm forced to enter into two sets of boxes, yet I only have the stats on one Heatran. Therefore, to get only one set of boxes again, I have to completely leave the seed inspector and re enter all the seed information again. After lots of failed attempts, this starts to become really annoying.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll look at adding a 'reset' button. Please note, though, that you can clear out the data in the second row and it should work.

Also, in many cases, you don't need to bother inputting the IVs. The nature, gender, and characteristic are often enough to give you an indication of which seed / frame you hit, though using synchronize will make this somewhat less dependable.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look at adding a 'reset' button. Please note, though, that you can clear out the data in the second row and it should work.

Also, in many cases, you don't need to bother inputting the IVs. The nature, gender, and characteristic are often enough to give you an indication of which seed / frame you hit, though using synchronize will make this somewhat less dependable.
That worked! I'm pretty sure I've tried that before and it didn't work, but at least it's working now. Thanks! And no problem, this app is amazing, so I want to let you know if there are any issues, I want to see it getting better. :)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Just wanted to let people know that the latest version of PPRNG for iOS lets you calibrate using the spinner that appears when you save your game. The method is essentially the same as using the Unova Link spinner, but it allows you to calibrate your Black and White games as soon as you start them rather than having to progress far enough to be able to upload a Pokemon to Pokecheck. This is useful if you want to RNG your starter on a completely new cartridge or system, for example.

It also shows the save spinner position for each frame in the frame list for those that don't have a Chatot or can't differentiate the tone levels.

Hi, I wanted to try and grab PPRNG but I don't think you have any setup instructions here?

I downloaded it and I've looked at all the files in the document and can't find anything I can open or zip? I've got Winrar so if there's anything that needs extracting in there, I should be able to do it.

I also downloaded it from the link at the top here.

EDIT: Never mind, I realise this is only for Mac wow. :P

Last edited:
I have two questions:
1-I am using a Spanish White 2 with a 3DS XL. WIll I get accurate results if I click 3DS on the DS COnfiguration?
2-Do I have to reboot the game everytime I do the Unova Link calibration?

1. Yes. 3DS XL is the same as 3DS for RNG purposes.
2. Yes, you must do a reboot every time.
1-Hell yeah :)
2-That's why I wasn't getting accurate results :/ Guess I'll try again tomorrow

Also, why did you stop doing it for Windows? It's really annoying only having a 5-hour time mark every day to RNG considering all the projects I have in mind for Dream Radar.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Also, why did you stop doing it for Windows? It's really annoying only having a 5-hour time mark every day to RNG considering all the projects I have in mind for Dream Radar.
I never worked on any Windows RNG tools. PPRNG is only for Mac and iPhone (maybe this is an option for you? But it costs a bit of money).

One or two other people started work on a Windows version of PPRNG (the Mac version is open source), but they seem to have given up.

I never worked on any Windows RNG tools. PPRNG is only for Mac and iPhone (maybe this is an option for you? But it costs a bit of money).

One or two other people started work on a Windows version of PPRNG (the Mac version is open source), but they seem to have given up.
What a shame. PPRNG seems way easier to use than RNG Reporter. Guess I'll have to stick to one Pokémon per day.

Hey, I've just recently learned how to use this program, and so far I'm really loving it.

But I'm having trouble with 4th gen encounter slots, I have no idea how to check them.
Can anyone help?

Scratch that, I found them.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I can't find any RNG Reporter thread.
I'm wondering what happened to the encounter slot tables for Gen IV/V? The links from RNG Reporter now just go to an ad site. Is there another site with encounter tables, or a method that doesn't use them? And if this is the wrong section, sorry, could somebody redirect me? Thanks.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi there.
Noticed this when discussing with someone else that this wasn't the intended set up.

All of the date spinners in my PPRNG don't have a year. Included (in the screenshot); PPRNG version (1.15.0) and Mac OS X version (10.9.4).

Just wondering if there's any way to resolve this my end, as I've (eventually) found an RNG I'd like to do which I can't find a seed for in 2014.

Edit: Thank you for the response... Well I feel stupid, changed that so many years ago I'd completely forgotten. Thanks for the help.

Issue resolved.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)