SM UU Power Moves Only

M-Altaria

This is a team who's primary mission is to chip away at the opponent's mons so that fast or priority sweepers can close out the game.
Team Building Process

I started this team around two mons I know can take advantage of choice band/specs and can form a volt-turn core for momentum. From this point I wanted a mon who could switch in to incoming fire attacks and coverage ground moves.

At this point, Latias filled the desired roll I was looking for as a ground immunity and fire resist. It also acted as a support mon in this role with defog and healing wish.

Now that I had my bases covered between my volt turn core and a defensive option, I wanted a scarfer to take advantage of chip damage. On an alternate version of this team, I used an adamant z-snatch krookodile who could outspeed other the meta after a z-snatch or nuke something with z-crunch. Scarf allows for intimidate shuffling and a better counter to all the Zeroara currently in the teir.

To add another ground mon switch in, I went with defensive Celebi as a rocker. This also adds another healing wisher on the team to allow me to play recklessly with my potential sweepers.

To top the team off, I went with Crawdaunt as a strong priority user. I decided it would best be used as a set up mon with dragon dance to give variance from Scizor as a choice locked user, and give me an option to threaten fatter mons with setup.

M-Altaria

After a few trial games with the team, I swapped out Latias with Mega-Altaria to prevent myself from getting destroyed by all the dragon types running around in Latias and Hydreigon.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Set Description: It's no secret that Banded Scizor is a major threat, with many teams needing dedicated answers in order to deal with it. U-turn allows momentum so that I can switch out on dedicated walls to bring in a wall breaker in most likely Raikou. Superpower is good for catching some switch ins off gaurd like Cobalion. Pursuit allows me to trap mostly Latias, also getting some crucial chip and possibly picking up the KO on regenerator mons trying to escape Scizor's wrath.

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Aura Sphere

Set Description: Meant to help break through many threats, pressure switch-ins, and provide momentum. Having aura sphere may be seen as a bold move, allowing it to be out sped by base 110 and above, but being able to aura sphere on the many fighting weak electric immunities such as incoming krookodile, mamoswine, and hitting Zeroara for a two hit K.O. Signal beam is mainly there for getting chip on Latias and doing decent damage to Hydreigon. HP fire is not needed for Scizor, as banded Scizor is knocked out by Tbolt after a little bit of chip damage.

1543037995684.png

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Hyper Voice
- Roost
- Flamethrower

Set Description: A bulky defogger, Mega Altaria has saved my but time and time again in the end game. Its got enough bulk to take a banded bullet punch from Scizor before mega evolving and can K.O. it with flamethrower. This serves as a dragon, fighting, and dark check in general on the team. It gets some lovely chip off on basically everything with Stab Pixilate Hyper Voice.

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 16 HP / 232 Atk / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Set Description: After all the chip damage has been done by entry hazards, volt-turning, and Mega Altaria, Krook is a potential sweeper in the end game, especially if the opposing ground immunities and resists have been taken care of. Stone Edge is one of the main ways to deal with Rotom Heat, which offensively threatens the majority of the team, and also checks Moltres. The 16 HP and 8 Def investment allows Krook to take a Scarfed close combat from Infermape, and an all out pummeling from zeroara.

1543038719141.png

Celebi @ Psychium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 8 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Set Description: Celebi acts as a rocker and much needed healing wish supporter. The 136 Spe Timid nature allows Celebi to outspeed Nidoking. Psychic helps deal with that pesky Amoongus which the rest of the team struggles with, as well as weakening the power of opposing knock offs. U-turn helps keep up the momentum, stealth rock for obvious chip on switching, and Healing wish allows me to bring my win con back from low health or deadly status.

1543039922553.png

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Dragon Dance
- Liquidation

Set Description: A second priority user on the team, Crawdaunt gives this team an optional third win con in terms of clean up. Acting as a wall breaker for fat mons with Dragon dance, Adaptability, life orb, and adamant max attack means this thing hits like a truck and can deal with frail mons after they've taken some chip, or hit slower mons even harder with liquidation and knock off.

I've seen some good success with this team, and only found a few problem mons: Amoongus and Rotom-H. Other than that, this bulky hyper offense is fun to play with, fast paced, and successful in a metagame with Krookodile and little answers for specs Raikou + Scizor. Let me know what you think, and enjoy.

https://pokepast.es/7c4b1bd647fdff0d

So I really love the squad you have here especially because it incorporates a Raikou which has very much fallen off due to having problems competing with Zera and Mega-Manectric. Just from a glance the team looks very solid however the biggest issue I see is the teams weakness to Scizor as you lack the defensive switch-ins to deal with it other than Raikou being your BP resist. Moltres can also be an issue to defensively switch into so I also took not of that while making this RMT. I have two versions of the team so I will post both just in case.

Major Changes:

- So while I love using Celebi I don't think this is its best set as is easily outclassed as a SR. For this reason I swapped it for Nihilego which acts as your answer to Moltres + other flying types without letting your Raikou get chipped down. It also gives you an answer to Rotom-H which you had issues with. Originally this was the SR of choice but the slot got freed up to run Toxic Spikes. I have this ev spread so you can get a speed boost making Nihi a potential sweeper. Protect scouts for choice locked Scizor and Krook plus can net more recovery with Black Sludge.

- Next I swapped out Malt for Togekiss mainly because it still provides an answer to Hydreigon etc. but also gave you a ground immunity. Because your match-up vs opposing Scizor + Cobalion is shaky I am running Babiri Togekiss to deal with them. Not much else to say here, other than the ev spread lets you outpace Modest Primarina but you can easily opt to run max Spe and Spa if you prefer.

- Lastly I added Kommo-o over Crawdaunt because it provides a lot more utility for your team and alleviated pressure off Togekiss to slowly deal with Scizor etc. It also gives you a fairly good Sharpedo and Crawdaunt answer and doesn't care about Maero unless it is carrying Wing Attack. Kommo-o frees the slot up for Nihi to run T-spikes by running Stealth Rock. Just wanna shout out props to Hot N Cold for making this set and I think it fits well here. Dragon Tail can be used effectively to abuse T-spikes and rack up dmg for your Raikou to sweep later.

Minor Changes:

- So I went with Normalium-Z Raikou over Specs in order to serve as a wincon plus it works extremely well with Toxic Spikes. I didn't opt for Ghostium-Z as I felt the team easily handles dealing with Celebi and Latias with how much Pursuit support it has.

- Gave Scizor enough speed for Klefki and dumped rest into HP.

Click sprites for importable
Second Variant:

- So instead of keeping raikou I went with Rotom-H as a solid answer to Scizor plus you aren't as weak to Mamoswine, Kyurem and Mega Altaria. Acts as your defog user and has enough SpA to OHKO Celebi after rocks. Keeps volturn core.

- Changed Celebi to a more offensive set with Psychium-Z and Dazzling Gleam to lure in dark types like Hydreigon.

- I made Altaria DD as you have Defog on Rotom-H. Opted for a bulky spread to always live 2 EQs from Krookodile and outspeed base 115s after a DD.

- Cobalion was added as a SR user and another answer to Scizor, Sharpedo, Crawdaunt etc. I have Rocky Helmet as Celebi occupies the Z-move but the item can easily be swapped for Shuca Berry on Coba if you want.

Click sprites for importable
Both varients have their advantages but the first team is a lot weaker to the likes of Mamoswine and Mega Altaria but there are counter plays to them and aggresive doubling helps vs them. It also lacks a defog user but I think it's fine with T-spikes + SR tho you could always swap NP out for Defog on Togekiss if you really wanted I guess. You also need to be vary careful around Maero if it has Wing Attack as Kommo-o no longer walls it. The second team isn't bothered by the mons I mentioned before but still has to be careful of Maero to an extent but is a bit more balanced. Either way I hope you like the teams, overall I am pretty happy with it but let me know what you think and which you prefer or if you have any questions lemme know ^_^

Always just a step behind Twilight. Anyway, let's go.

Minor changes :

• I decided to change your Scizor spread because Full HP isn't the best on Choice Band Scizor. I opted for an alternative spread with enough Speed to outspeed Klefki. 152 EV in HP allows Scizor to take less damage on Stealth Rock which can be useful because of all back and forth it does with U-Turn.
Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

-------------------------------------------------------------

Major changes :

• Instead of Raikou which is kinda bad in the current Metagame (it struggles vs common threats like Nidoqueen, Gligar, Steelix-Mega and it's globaly surpassed by Manectric-Mega and Zeraora), I decided to add Rotom-Heat to the team. It paired well with Scizor and make a great Volt-Turn Core with it and it's also a good Defogger. EV spread maximizes HP and Speed while also allowing Rotom-Heat to OHKO Celebi after Stealh Rocks damages with Overheat.

• Since I had my Defogger, I also need a good Pokemon to set Stealh Rocks. With that in mind, I decided to opt for Mixed Kommo-o. It's a really nice Pokemon which is able to pressure Bulky Team and Stalls thanks to (Z-)Clanging Scales and Close Combat. Kommo-o paired well with Rotom-Heat because its teammate can handle Flying Types. Scizor can also pressure Fairies which resist both Kommo-o's STABs.

• Because Kommo-o can break through a lot of Fat Cores, I decided to add to the team a Pokemon which can take advantage of that : Sharpedo-Mega ! It feets better than Crawdaunt in this team and loves Volt-Turn induces by both Scizor and Rotom-Heat.

• Since the team had nothing besides Scizor to handle Dragon Types, I opted for Togekiss as a nice Stallbreaker and Cleric. It can helps its teammates and like the fact that Kommo-o can weaken Steel Types. Defensive Primarina is a Pokemon which can be good too because it can handle with ease Hydreigon while also being able to weaken the opponent's team thanks to its good STABs.

• Finally, I noticed that the team struggled with Latias and that's why I decided to keep Choice Scarf Krookodile in the team because it paired well with its other teammates.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry / Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Other variant :

• Instead of Stealth Rocks Kommo-o you can opt for Stealth Rocks Nihilego.

• Dragon Dance Altaria-Mega with a spread I used before which allows it to handle pretty well Krookodile seems a really good pick and loves the fact that its teammates can pressure most of Steel Types and Fairies.

• With Nihilego over Kommo-o, you can opt for another Set Up Sweeper like Celebi or Crawdaunt which are deadly vs Bulky Team and Stall. They can break through this kind of team which helps a lot Altaria-Mega . The first one is really good vs Water Types and can break through a lot of Pokemon with its Psychium Z or Grassium Z set. On the other hand, Crawdaunt is a nasty Pokemon vs everyting which is slower than it. Also, Rotom-Heat, Nihilego and Altaria-Mega can pressure pretty well Chesnaught which is one of its best counter. You can also opt for Z-Thunder(bolt) Nihilego and play with Colbur Berry Celebi or Choice Band Crawdaunt.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Nihilego @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem / Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt

Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 168 HP / 188 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return / Façade
- Earthquake / Refresh

Celebi @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Nihilego @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem / Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt

Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 168 HP / 188 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return / Façade
- Earthquake / Refresh

Crawdaunt @ Waterium Z
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Nihilego @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem / Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave
- Thunder / Thunderbolt
Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam
Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Superpower / Crunch

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)