SM Doubles OU Pouring Rain

Rain is probably as good as it will be for a while, so what better time to try and make a rain team. This team isn't the best, but I've been able to climb into the top 500 a few times with this team, so it's gotta be decent. Any changes to the team would be greatly appreciated. So lets get into this.

First up, rain setter number 1

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- U-turn
- Protect

Designed to take rock slides and most physical moves. Rock slides from Adamant scarf lando are 3hkos which allow you to keep the rain up for most of the game.
252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 106-126 (32.8 - 39%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO
Careful around any electric types or something with electric coverage. This also gives you someone to earthquake alongside and is your best rain setter for the team so try and keep him around.

The big guy.

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Was originally running rock slide over ice punch, but the lando-t switch in as well as potential zygarde's were too common in the meta game to leave rock slide on pert. Adamant nature with max speed to help outside of rain, but in rain it is only outsped by 1 nonscarfer (deoxys-speed, but nobody runs that). Adamant max attack waterfall just destroys things in the rain and earthquake is nice stab that you can spam alongside your rain setter.

I guess this works

Tapu Lele @ Leftovers
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Protect

A decent special attacker that probably can be replaced. It was originally placed on the team to prevent priority moves. Fake out is annoying, especially when you have limited turns of rain, ice shard is neutral on your rain attackers, aqua jet is also neutral against swampert, and e speed could pick off your weakened rain attacker. Could definitely replace this for something better.

Kingdra.standard

Kingdra @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Protect

If it doesn't have a resistance, or immunity to dragon, your z move will crush it. Modest nature with max sp atk to hit as hard as possible and like swampert, it outspeeds about everything in the rain. Ice beam wont hit dnite, garchomp, and zygarde as hard as draco meteor but it will hit hard enough to do damage without the sp atk drop. Also allows you to always hit lando-t and kill that thing.

Other rain man

Politoed @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Scald
- Protect
- Rain Dance

Not as popular as pelipper, but as a support pokemon its great. Rain dance to help deal with opposing weather either switching in, or a charizard-y mega evolving. Encore catches slow pokemon in a protect cycle to allow you to double up on a pokemon, and can deal with trick room at times if you catch it right. Scald is your only move to hit back but chance of burn is nice. Sitrus berry over something like leftovers or damp rock because it's job isnt about setting the weather but more of a support mon and this is a one time recovery to allow it to live more hits.

Can't kill won't kill

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

In the rain, this thing just doesn't die. Leech seed, leftovers, and protect just let you sit there for days and slowly wittle away both of your opponents pokemon. Power whip or gyro ball can be run as your main attacking move depending on how you want to deal with certain threats. Stealth rocks are your way of beating sun, torkoal and ninetales taking 25% and zard taking 50 upon switch in, and can also help you deal with late game switching. When your opponent is looking to free themselves from leech seed, they will need to switch allowing you to get 12% usually off on them everytime they switch. If your 1v2 with this at the end and they can't do 40% damage to this, you will probably win.

Threats-
Other weather. If you don't win the weather war, you don't win. Period.
Tailwind/trick room- Tailwind negates your swift swim which means they will probably outspeed and kill you. This team also has 1 and a third answers to trick room. Ferrothorn and hoping you catch their trick room setter in an encore from politoed to set it back. Otherwise, try and stall them out.

hello! aspiring doubles ou rater deo here. I haven't rated a team in god knows how long so bear with me. First off you have too many rain setters lol(and even rd on politoed) only 1 drizzle mon is necessary imo. Peliper is better than politoed on most teams especially now with swampert being released so i would get rid of politoed. I would put thundurus-t over politoed, the assault vest set with sludge bomb can check a lot of the things you are weak to(bulu, volcanion, milotic, rotom-w) it also gives you another mon you can eq next to. Next is some small stuff I would give peliper tailwind over protect as its a big reason people use peliper(most sets dont have protect) and it really helps out hoopa, lele, thund. I would make swampert jolly over adamant mainly because it allows it to outspeed scarf beat up terrak which isnt that common but 6-0s lol. Ok next is lele, modest sub is kinda ass no lie I would use timid with fightinium z focus blast and psyshock over psychic as it lets it weaken/ko opposing ferro and snorlax which are really annoying to this team, also can be used to ko ttar and pick off alolan muk/celesteela. Timid bc outspeeding or tying with other lele, kyurem-b, zygarde etc. is necessary and psyshock because most amoonguss are max sdef so psyshock ohkos. Your TR matchup was awful so I put Hoopa over Kingdra which also helps vs snorlax somewhat bc you can steal its berry/benefits from psychic terrain. I put power whip over leech seed and iron head over gyro ball on ferro. Power whip is for rotom-w and other bulky waters and iron head hits mega abomasnow which is a problem especially in trick room.

I think thats it x_x hope i was helpful. if you have any questions feel free to ask or if something isnt working feel free to yell at me lol link replays tho i had a lot of ideas for this team but this is what i ended up going with so i might have ~alternative options~. have a nice day :O

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
EVs: 240 HP / 32 Def / 76 SpA / 120 SpD / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Hurricane
- Scald
- U-turn

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Thundurus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 24 HP / 184 SpA / 52 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Bomb

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 88 Def / 76 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Iron Head
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Magician
EVs: 80 HP / 236 Atk / 152 Def / 28 SpA / 12 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

peliper- ohkos 0hp non assault vest lando with scald, lives band tar rock slide in tailwind it outspeeds base 110s and the rest is just in sdef

swampert- enough speed to out speed scarf terrak max attack rest in hp

lele- nothing special :D

thundurus-t- 3hkod by 4 attack timid mega salamence double edge 3hkod by 148 special att mega gengar enough speed for base 100s rest in special att

ferrothorn- 2hkos mega abomasnow 3hkod by hoopa hyperspace fury and salamence double edge after leftovers LEECH SEED CAN BE USED OVER ROCKS!!

hoopa- enough attack to ohko bronzong survives 1 salamence double edge enough speed to out speed mega gengar in tailwind rest in special attack

evs are kinda half assed no lie might post better 1s later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)