Other Politics cycle 1

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
1. there are crab people, lizard people, and politicians

2. crab people and lizard people are unified (both unified, not with each other)

3. politicians are not unified.

4. if a faction is the only faction remaining, they win

5. every person interacts with the game by voting during a cycle

6. everyone must vote during a cycle

7. at the end of the cycle:
  1. the crab people kill the lizard person or politician with the most votes from them and remove their vote from further kills this cycle. if there's a tie, there's no kill.
  2. the politicians kill the person with the most total votes and remove their vote from further kills this cycle. if there's a tie, both are killed.
  3. the lizard people kill the crab person or politician with the most votes from them. if there's a tie, there's no kill.
8. you may not communicate about the game outside the game thread, except each unified faction gets a single conversation in which they may chat about the game.

Hitmonleet is cohosting so you know its good

players:

Walrein

KnightsofCydonia

Haruno DEAD

Whydon

shubaka17 DEAD

pancake

Scrake DEAD

Flyhn

Myzozoa DEAD

ButteredToast DEAD

LightWolf

acidphoenix
DEAD

You are all politicians (or faking it). However, you recently learned there are three lizard people and two crab people among your ranks. Time to solve this problem the politician way: with lots of talking. And assassination.

Last edited:

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As a politician, us 12 can only do one thing. 6 votes on one person, 3-3 split on two. All three decided by us by the end of this cycle. Any one who disagrees faces capital punishment and must play HotS with me.

Ehrmmm, yes. But before we can proceed to actual policies. We must first elect for a leader.

I nominate myself as representative for the Greatest party. My experience in the fine art of politicking will surely serve this cabinet well.
Not to mention 14 years and 3 months serving under the Queen's secret army and my career as multi-platforms billionaire, my P.H.D in theories construction and debunkery. I also have made many donations and small loans of a million dollars to many people.

If I am president I will build a wall around the crabs and lizards and make them pay for it, and they are going to like it.
My policies will be great. It's going to be the greatest policies in the world. You better believe that I make the best policies. A friend of me who is a policy expert often tell me this: "Cancerous, why are not president, your policies is so good it make Circus Maximus great again"

And how would a leader impact the use of total consensus in selecting voting candidates? Would you comply with the terms of the policy as they are now or would you act to alter them in some way?

I will have great impact on the consensus, I will give positive impact, very good impact. I think the major difference between me and other candidates is that I am more honest and better looking, and my women look good. I'm owned by the people, you know. And I'm going to do right by them. What's I'm trying in to tell you is that I will tell you at the time. And you can trust me, I am a trustworthy and honest man. I'm a negotiators, like you folks. Look at my hands, are they small hands? No, I guarantee you there won't be a problem. I guarantee.

Those of you in the Tabletop server might know I have a social event to attend in about two and a half hours. (Old news tends to get buried in the channel feeds, so I'm not going to assume Light and Acid remember it.) I still have some time to discuss policies, but once I leave for the event, I won't be back until evening.

If nobody's going to talk right now, I may as well take my leave early. But I'd like to make my stance before I do so.

I believe that Light's policy may work if total consensus is both reached and maintained until deadline. The hard part will be players' reluctance to be a D1 votee. If total consensus can be reached and consistently maintained, I'll take a voting position in one of the three-player votes.

Thank you.

I'm currently trying to hash out a proposal for methodology of selecting nominees. There are a few options here, some more partisan than others. However, in any proposed methodology, I will be suggesting we streamline nomination tracking by using FoSes as the nomination action.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
cmon man don't do this

i don't have time to actually play the game until like 18 hours from now, i just wanted to make a "HeyGuys i'm here and saw the thread get posted" sort of post

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Due to my position as the 45th United States of America, I am the perfect candidate to lead u all to glory!

VOTE WALREIN

Him being a citizen of our glorious country of America is FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!! My drones have detected his underwater base and can confirm he's a crab person!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK U!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)