Pokkén Tournament

Ash-Greninja was just revealed, making me think that adding Greninja is more likely now.

THEN AGAIN, Pokken is not connected to the main series so there was nothing holding them back to adding Ash-Greninja in the first place. Pokemon Shuffle had added Ash-Greninja way before any of this.

But Scizor or Empoleon would be cool. Would like Empoleon out of the two, we need both a Water and Sinnoh starter representative (you'd think Infernape would be in but I guess they didn't want to add in too many Fighting-types (or Fire Starters). Also it's not from Gen I, doesn't have a Mega, and no pop idol appeal).
So do you think Brionne might join Braixen in the Teen Girl Fighters' club? Does Gardevoir count as a dancer? I'm not sure if we have a dancing fighter yet.

Pikachu315111

My context was, she's literally the pop idol pokémon.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So do you think Brionne might join Braixen in the Teen Girl Fighters' club? Does Gardevoir count as a dancer? I'm not sure if we have a dancing fighter yet.
I was more referring why Infernape was passed over compared to other Fire Starters: not Gen I (Charizard), no Mega Evolution (Blaziken), and no pop idol appeal (Braixen).

Honestly, I can say that we need more female style and mannered Pokemon here at Pokken besides Braixen (quite a tsundere Hatsune Miku), Gardevoir (Princess turned to fighting queen with a wedding dress), Chandy (a swearing [she just says fuck you in a muffled form a good amount of times] sadistic chandelier), and R. Pikachu Libre (tomboyinsh female wrestler).

If Brionee is there, I would definitely love that. Maybe include Manaphy and Phione together as Support Pokemon to match the water typing.

It's official! According to Serebii, Scizor will be a playable character that'll be available in the arcade games starting on October 20th! Here's the trailer.

Scizor is a Power Pokémon that, when it activates its Synergy Burst, Mega Evolves into M-Scizor (well, the trailer doesn't actually show that, but it's safe to assume that, like other MegaEvolving mons in Pokken, it'll do just that).
upload_2016-10-13_13-31-10.png

Also, M-Scizor's burst attack looks pretty damn cool and the final blow kinda looks like Choji finishing off Jirobo in the Naruto series (you know, cuz butterfly wings and all).

Anyway, I'm really hoping we'll be able to get both Darkrai and Scizor on WiiU consoles in the near future. Ü

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, well we know Empoleon is coming but that still leaves one empty space. Surely they're not going to leave it empty, they have to had left it open for a reason.
Many people seem to think Greninja will soon occupy the last slot which is a fair assumption considering its popularity in Japan right now, but who can really say for sure? Only time will tell I guess.

Though with the Wii Ualready ending, I'm afrais it will only be obtained via NX at best along with all of the DLC to be placed for Wii U. It's a case of whether NX got backwards compaibility to Wii U pokken

Though with the Wii Ualready ending, I'm afrais it will only be obtained via NX at best along with all of the DLC to be placed for Wii U. It's a case of whether NX got backwards compaibility to Wii U pokken
I highly doubt it won't have backwards compatibility. Nintendo's had that since Day 1 on their consoles.
Though I'm not sure if there's precedent for DLC coming out for a previous-generation console game, at least in Nintendo gaming. The most I can think of is events still coming out for BW2 but that doesn't really count.

Did you expect Empoleon to be shown next? Nope. Gunk Testa
I never would've expected a support mon becoming a playable one!

Anyway, by the looks of it, Croagunk looks like one hell of a cocky annoying booger: fast zigzag-like air movements, goofy attacks (especially the sliding and crashing headbutts, followed by the draw-me-like-one-of-your-french-girls pose) and... wait, is that a mid-air couter attack I see at 0:53? Oh god. I know I'm gonna hate that little fellow. Also, Croagunk seems to be the only Speed type mon to possess a long range move (in duel phase), which actually looks a lot like Chandelure's, making it even more of a (probable) pain in the ass to deal with.

Besides already having Croagunk as a support, what's weird with it is that most, if not all, playable mons are fan-favorites. Is Croagunk really a fan-favorite on its own? Or maybe the game only needed an even more wild and goofy playable character than Gengar. I probably missed something...

Depending on how fast its synergy gauge fills up (probably as fast as Pikachu-Libre or Weavile), I actually believe pairing it with a support Croagunk (and Sylveon) will be extremely beneficial to it, even though the thought of having Croagunk calling for one of its own to help it out seems ridiculous.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I never would've expected a support mon becoming a playable one!
I thought it was a support mon. Huh, so even Support Mons can become fighters. Well Cresselia~~ looks like Cresselia may have a chance yet... if they release the game for the Nintendo Switch (which isn't going to be backwards compatible, at least for physical copies).

Besides already having Croagunk as a support, what's weird with it is that most, if not all, playable mons are fan-favorites. Is Croagunk really a fan-favorite on its own? Or maybe the game only needed an even more wild and goofy playable character than Gengar. I probably missed something...

Depending on how fast its synergy gauge fills up (probably as fast as Pikachu-Libre or Weavile), I actually believe pairing it with a support Croagunk (and Sylveon) will be extremely beneficial to it, even though the thought of having Croagunk calling for one of its own to help it out seems ridiculous.
Yeah, remember Croagunk was essentially Brock's main Pokemon in the DP saga. That and its quirky attitude helped its popularity.

Also why would it be odd for Croagunk to call for another member of its species? Heck, that's what it does for its Burst Attack! You get a Croagunk, and you get a Croagunk, EVERYONE GETS A CROAGUNK!

And then all the Croagunks go kaboom, which is slightly less enjoyable for the recipient, and all the more hilarious for the user. Croagunk, no matter how good it might be, will end up being the Dedede/Donkey Kong of the game. Doesn't matter if he's terrible, Croagunk is ALWAYS disrespectful.

And then all the Croagunks go kaboom, which is slightly less enjoyable for the recipient, and all the more hilarious for the user. Croagunk, no matter how good it might be, will end up being the Dedede/Donkey Kong of the game. Doesn't matter if he's terrible, Croagunk is ALWAYS disrespectful.
This one is enough to give the WTFs to everyone. Even me, WTF?! I dunno if I should hate him or what? I dunno how to respond to this. Simply, this playstyle (especially the burst) reminds me of Naruto (the ninja that uses his clones A LOT for a lot of his fights.). Also, thanks Brock! Now this thing is kinda like the Smash Jigglypuff of Pokken in my face. Correct me if I'm wrong but is there a Smash-Jigglypuff-like fighter in Pokken so far?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
New fighter coming December 1st

Empoleon this time or another surprise character?

I kind of want it to be Delibird for the holiday season. :P

New fighter coming December 1st

Empoleon this time or another surprise character?

I kind of want it to be Delibird for the holiday season. :P
Iirc, the last time they announced a playable character with a green background, it was later revealed to be Chandelure, a blue-ish mon. And after that (or the other way around, can't remember), they announced yet another playable character, but this time, with a blue background, only to be later revealed as Sceptile, a green mon.

If the consistency of this pattern prevails, based on the minor leak we had a couple of months ago, it most probably will be Empoleon. If it's not Empoleon, Greninja could be a nice addition to the game.

However, considering we have 4 Speed-type mons (Pikachu-Libre, Sceptile, Weavile and Croagunk), 4 Technical-type mons (Gengar, Gardevoir, Shadow Mewtwo and Darkrai), 5 Power-type mons (Charizard, Garchomp, Machamp, Chandelure and Scizor) and 6 Standard-type mons (Blaziken, Lucario, Pikachu, Braixen, Suicune and Mewtwo), if the number of each type were to be balanced, the next one should be a Power-type. But then again, each new character are of different type with only the Standard-type to yet be taken from a new fighter.

Hopefull, we'll get all those additional fighters on WiiU/Switch soon.

There's no reason this should not be empoleon. It's the last mon found in the data update way back, there's only a single slot left in the character selection screen aaand I personally don't think they'll release more DLC/content after these four additional fighters.

It's just been confirmed the newest playable character is indeed Empoleon! No trailer or additional information yet, but I'll edit my post once it comes out.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Empoleon is looking like a Power character, slow but packs a punch with Water and Ice-type moves (one where it freezes a straight path in front of it allowing to dash forward so that could mitigate some speed issues).
Its Burst looks like a combination of the Water Z-Move, Hydro Vortex, and Greninja's Final Smash.
Also its entrance has it being lowered onto the stage via a wave, like a boss.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
*casts Thread Necromancy*

There's rumors that a Switch port/version is coming.

Serebii said:
Earlier today, the Japanese retailer Sinobi listed a new arcade stick for the Nintendo Switch in their listings. In this listing, it mentioned that the stick can be used in fighting games such as Pokkén. They have since removed this note. It's currently unclear whether or not this was a mistake in listing something early or a mistake in the game not existing so it's currently unclear. Do note, this is currently classed as rumour and should not be taken as fact at this time. We'll bring any further details as they come.

Necromancing this thread is painful for me because it reminded me I said this

I highly doubt [NX; aka the Switch] won't have backwards compatibility. Nintendo's had that since Day 1 on their consoles.
Thanks dude

On a more serious note, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Pokken get ported. It wasn't the most popular game from what I heard, but it is Pokémon. People love Pokémon.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
On a more serious note, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Pokken get ported. It wasn't the most popular game from what I heard, but it is Pokémon. People love Pokémon.
Not to mention the Switch seems more popular than the Wii U, with more people owning the Switch this could possibly give the game a second chance, especially if they add in more fighters and support. If they include all the current DLC characters in the port from the start it would help get rid of one complaint about Pokken having a small selection of fighters (as well as having some more popular Pokemon fighters). And this will allow Gen VII Pokemon have a chance of being included if they add in new fighters/create new DLC.

Though that all said, if this rumor is true, I'm surprised they're not just doing a Pokken 2 so they could provide a new story mode, new mechanics (like Z-Moves, though I suppose they could turn some of those into Burst moves), address issues the original had, etc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)