SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
There are a couple of small things I noticed on poni poni island. The 2 big obvious ones are of course that the rocks around Poni Wilds moved to Poni Breaker Coast and the dark ominous cloud that they're barrowing from Platinum, but there's a few more I can see. First there appears to be a new beach hiding behind the 2nd cliff of Poni Wilds, a beach that can now be reached with the rocks out of the way. The second thing I noticed is that the water in Poni Breaker Coast is now brown, so the water is now muddy or has dried up. The next thing I see is the fog around the edge of the Battle Tree is gone, I don't know if there was an area blocked in the first games or so, or if it's just a odd detail on the map. Finally the green grass in the ruins of Ancient Poni Path is now the same color of the dirt paths, though that is a bit hard to tell due to the lighting from the cloud.

Edit: I always thought that the new games are alternate timelines but still farther along post S/M.
Hm, I wonder if that is a new beach, would be neat if it was though the coloring of the map due to taking place at noon has made me wondering if it's just a lighting effect.

I notice a few water patches have darkened, like a portion of the lake in Malie Garden. I think it's just a lighting effect and the water is still there.

I think that was light shining down on the Battle Tree, not fog. Eitherway there wasn't a way around the Battle Tree.

Not sure what you mean by the grass being the same color as the dirt in Ancient Poni Path. However it does look like Exeggutor Island lost some greenery.

Hm, I wonder if that is a new beach, would be neat if it was though the coloring of the map due to taking place at noon has made me wondering if it's just a lighting effect.

I notice a few water patches have darkened, like a portion of the lake in Malie Garden. I think it's just a lighting effect and the water is still there.

I think that was light shining down on the Battle Tree, not fog. Eitherway there wasn't a way around the Battle Tree.

Not sure what you mean by the grass being the same color as the dirt in Ancient Poni Path. However it does look like Exeggutor Island lost some greenery.
Yeah a lot of the water has changed but most of it to like a dark purple color, and it fades slowly changes with the shading but with the first 2 spots I mention is brown instead and more importantly has a more sudden shift in color which makes me think that it's not just the lighting

And what I mean by in the Ancient Poni Path is that it looks like the grass in the ruins is now all dirt, it is very hard to tell with the lighting but the ground is now the same color as, and with no transition from, the dirt path.

So someone on another site brought up a possibility that the Grassy area shown in the trailers was related to Kartana.

It does kinda look like that in the japanese trailer, so It doesn't seem to have been something photoshopped in, so this may be an indicator that there are special areas for the ultra beasts. It's also notable that the area looks like it would work well with either Kartana and Celesteela, design wise, so they may remain split up to different versions.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
So someone on another site brought up a possibility that the Grassy area shown in the trailers was related to Kartana.

It does kinda look like that in the japanese trailer, so It doesn't seem to have been something photoshopped in, so this may be an indicator that there are special areas for the ultra beasts. It's also notable that the area looks like it would work well with either Kartana and Celesteela, design wise, so they may remain split up to different versions.
What are we suppose to see that relates it to Kartana?

It's... not even close to Kartana. They're just flowers.
I don't know, I can kind of see it? There's gap between the legs, there's some yellow shoots in diagonals upward
Only thing is that the arms seem dislocated

You know we have his OW model ripped, i feel like this is something people could check by shrinking it and puttin a blur down

I don't know, I can kind of see it? There's gap between the legs, there's some yellow shoots in diagonals upward

You know we have his OW model ripped, i feel like this is something people could check by shrinking it and puttin a blur down
Maybe it fused with some NPC, changed its appearance and dislocated its arms in the process.
Maybe it has a full Pokémon team in Poké Balls that it will use to battle you.

For those bad at paying attention to details such as myself:
Mele Mele

Akala

Ula Ula

I didn't bother with Poni because it's kinda obvious it has changed.

The big thing here is that the Pokemon League building is in the new Map, so Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon are, positively, a sequel to Sun and Moon.
My personal guess is that those white barracks are where we'll find the new Move Tutors.
Are you sure? If you mean on Mount Lanikila (sp?), that just looks like a door to me, styled the same way as the door in SM but a bit larger (which can easily be attributed to inaccuracies from the artist):

Edit: Just realised you meant that it wasn't present in SM's map and was canonically only built most of the way through the game. I think that might be artist inaccuracy still -- we never actually see the mountain without the league built, and the giant wormhole above Poni suggests to me that they're comfortable putting things on the map that presumably aren't there at the start of the game.

I really hope I'm wrong though.

Last edited:
So Kommo-o's Z-Crystal has the new facet that they've been advertising.

The official website also entails that, like with other species-specific Z-Crystals, your Kommo-o has to know Clanging Scales/its sig move before you can put Kommonium Z to use.

No explanation as to why it's cut differently, though they also state that the new Z Ring is capable of unleashing more Z-moves than the original one, as if that's an important feature.

Last edited:

The official website also entails that, like with other species-specific Z-Crystals, your Kommo-o has to know Clanging Scales/its sig move before you can put Kommonium Z to use.

No explanation as to why it's cut differently, though they also state that the new Z Ring is capable of unleashing more Z-moves than the original one, as if that's an important feature.
I could see, in early development, you getting an upgrade to the ring that allows you to use more z crystals in this case the faceted ones here. But instead it seems we just get the ring as-is from the onset so....marketing i guess

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!

My problems with the "Kartana":
1. While there's a black dot you could say is the eye, where is the orange collar above it?
2. Kartana's offshoots are yellow but to me the image "offshoots" look orange. Also the offshoots are one long piece but in the image shows their two circles somewhat connected together.
3. What are the black spots on the "arms"? The yellow part on its arm don't extend out that far (plus their yellow) and the image it too blurry to be showing details like shadows of the paper bending.
4. I re-watched the trailer. What those things are isn't moving. On top of that why would Kartana be on the ground when it's always shown floating and moving about?

It's odd that Kommonium Z is the new version of Z-Crystal. Also in its trailer the trainer didn't turn the Kommonium Z as they're seen turning another Z-Crystal of that cut. So is there a second function to these type of Z-Crystals when you turn them?

I could see, in early development, you getting an upgrade to the ring that allows you to use more z crystals in this case the faceted ones here. But instead it seems we just get the ring as-is from the onset so....marketing i guess
If we don't give the kiddies the new toy RIGHT NOW they'll get bored too fast.

Joking aside, doesn't bother me. To me it's like the new Poketch model in Platinum, you get it in place of the one in the first paired games because it's sort of meant to be a retcon (at least for the one your character gets).

My problems with the "Kartana":
1. While there's a black dot you could say is the eye, where is the orange collar above it?
2. Kartana's offshoots are yellow but to me the image "offshoots" look orange. Also the offshoots are one long piece but in the image shows their two circles somewhat connected together.
3. What are the black spots on the "arms"? The yellow part on its arm don't extend out that far (plus their yellow) and the image it too blurry to be showing details like shadows of the paper bending.
4. I re-watched the trailer. What those things are isn't moving. On top of that why would Kartana be on the ground when it's always shown floating and moving about?
the color stuff can be explained away easily: it's far away, blurry and there's image compression going on.
The being on the ground thing isn't unusual, it does ebb & flow, but its pokemonamie idle
does have it hover very low. Why it would be still is of cousres a different issue. Maybe it's just in development footage and they hadn't put in the movement.

It may not be Kartana, true, but at a glance the weird thing looks similar enough that you can see why people would think it's that and not flowers.

Incidentally, if it's flowers, I could see this being a new part added to Verdant Cave or the jungle trials. You go to the flower and get attacked by the totem, for instance.

Can we talk about Alolan form? I compiled these lists of Pokemon that didn't appear in the wild in SM so if they are added as wild encounters in USUM, they can be in their Alolan forms. Also, Alolan form now has to start from the base form in any evolution line because all transferred Pokemon that are unobtainable otherwise in SM evolve into their standard forms. For example, Ekans is unobtainable in SM. If you transfer an Ekans from gen VI to SM, it will evolve into standard Arbok in Alola. They can't introduce Alolan Arbok without Alolan Ekans because it doesn't make sense with respect to SM. I hope I make sense here. Also, Sinnoh Pokemon are probably less likely to receive Alolan forms because gen IV remakes

— KANTO —
Arbok line
Venomoth line
Rapidash line
Farfetch’d
Dodrio line
Dewgong line
Kingler line
Electrode line
Lickilicky line
Weezing line
Tangrowth line
Mr. Mime line
Jynx line
Omastar line
Kabutops line
Porygon-Z line

EDIT: Nidoking line & Nidoqueen line

— JOHTO —
Furret line
Noctowl line
Xatu line
Jumpluff line
Ampibom line
Sunflora line
Yanmega line
Quagsire line
Wobbuffet line
Girafarig
Forretress line
Dunsparce
Gliscor line
Qwilfish
Shuckle
Ursaring line
Magcargo line
Octilery line
Mantine line
Donphan line
Stantler line

— HOENN —
Mightyena line
Linoone line
Ludicolo line
Shiftry line
Swellow line
Breloom line
Exploud line
Delcaty line
Swalot line
Grumpig line
Cacturne line
Zangoose
Seviper
Crawdaunt line
Claydol line
Cradily line
Armaldo line
Kecleon
Dusknoir line
Tropius
Chimecho

EDIT: Volbeat, Illumise, Lunatone, Solrock

— SINNOH —
Bibarel line
Kricketune line
Vespiquen line
Floatzel line
Purugly line
Skuntank line
Bronzong line
Chatot
Spiritomb
Hippowdon line
Drapion line
Toxicroak line
Carnivine

—- UNOVA —-
Watchog line
Liepard line
Musharna line
Zebstrika line
Swoobat line
Excadrill line
Seismitoad line
Maractus
Crustle line
Scrafty line
Sigilyph
Cofagrigus line
Zoroark line
Cinccino line
Swanna line
Sawsbuck line
Escavalier line
Amoongus line
Galvantula line
Ferrothorn line
Beheeyem line
Beartic line
Cryogonal
Accelgor line
Stunfisk
Mienshao line
Druddigon
Golurk line
Bisharp line
Bouffalant
Heatmor
Durant
Volcarona line

EDIT: Throh, Sawk, Simisage line, Simipour line, Simisear line

— KALOS —-
Diggersby line
Gogoat line
Aromatisse line
Slurpuff line
Malamar line
Barbaracle line
Dragalge line
Clawitzer line
Heliolisk line
Tyrantrum line
Aurorus line
Hawlucha
Avalugg line
Noivern line

Pokemon with Mega Evolution so probably won’t happen
Venusaur line
Charizard line
Blastoise line
Beedrill line
Pidgeot line
Steelix line
Aerodactyl
Ampharos line
Heracross
Houndoom line
Tyranitar line
Sceptile line
Blaziken line
Swampert line
Gardevoir + Gallade line
Mawile
Aggron line
Medicham line
Manectric line
Camerupt line
Altaria line
Banette line
Lopunny line
Abomasnow line
Audino line

Legendary Pokemon so definitely won’t happen
Articuno + Zapdos + Moltres
Mewtwo
Mew
Raikou + Entei + Suicune
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Celebi
Regirock + Regice + Registeel + Regigigas
Groudon + Kyogre + Rayquaza
Latias + Latios
Deoxys
Jirachi
Uxie + Mesprit + Azelf
Dialga + Palkia + Giratina
Heatran
Cresselia
Darkrai
Phione + Manaphy
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Cobalion + Terrakion + Virizion + Keldeo
Tornadus + Thundurus + Landorus
Kyurem + Reshiram + Zekrom
Meloetta
Genesect
Xerneas + Yvetal + Zygarde
Diancie
Hoopa
Volcanion

These won't happen because:
Torterra line + Infernape line + Empoleon line -> starter lines so no?
Chesnaught line + Delphox line + Greninja line -> starter lines so no?
Unown - pointless + 28 more letter-based Pokemon?!??!?!
Rotom - the Rotom in RotomDex is Alolan(?) and there’s no difference
Plusle + Minun + Pachirisu + Dedenne -> pointless + their Alolan form already exists: Togedemaru

These are possible candidates to get Alolan form but less likely because these Pokemon exist in pairs, triples, or groups (gender, alternate formes) so if one gets Alolan form, the rest in its group must get forms too so Nintendo/ GF may avoid these extra work. Although some of these groupings are based on fan logic/ my logic so Nintendo/ GF may not care.
Vileplume + Bellossom line
Nidoqueen line + Nidoking line
Hitmonlee + Hitmonchan + Hitmontop line
Beautifly + Dustox line
Ninjask + Shedinja line
Huntail + Gorebyss line
Wormadam + Mothim line
Cherrim line (sunshine & overcast)
Unfezant line (male & female)
Sawsbuck line
Basculin (stripes)
Darmanitan line (Zen Mode)
Jellicent line (male & female)
Vivillon line (too many patterns; although one of its existing forms is probably an Alolan form already)
Pyroar line (male & female)
Florges line (colours)
Furfrou (too many trims)
Meowstic line (male & female)
Gourgeist line (these are easier to work around than the rest in this group though)
Volbeat + Illumise
Lunatone + Solrock
Throh + Sawk
Simisage line + Simisear line + Simipour line

If there's a mistake, please let me know.

Last edited:
Can we talk about Alolan form? I compiled these lists of Pokemon that didn't appear in the wild in SM so if they are added as wild encounters in USUM, they can be in their Alolan forms. Also, Alolan form now has to start from the base form in any evolution line because all transferred Pokemon that are unobtainable otherwise in SM evolve into their standard forms. For example, Ekans is unobtainable in SM. If you transfer an Ekans from gen VI to SM, it will evolve into standard Arbok in Alola. They can't introduce Alolan Arbok without Alolan Ekans because it doesn't make sense with respect to SM. I hope I make sense here. Also, Sinnoh Pokemon are probably less likely to receive Alolan forms because gen IV remakes

These are possible candidates to get Alolan form but less likely because these Pokemon exist in pairs, triples, or groups (gender, alternate formes) so if one gets Alolan form, the rest in its group must get forms too so Nintendo/ GF may avoid these extra work. Although some of these groupings are based on fan logic/ my logic so Nintendo/ GF may not care.
Beautifly + Dustox line
Ninjask + Shedinja line
Huntail + Gorebyss line
Wormadam + Mothim line
Sawsbuck line
Basculin (stripes)
Vivillon line (too many patterns; although one of its existing forms is probably an Alolan form already)
Florges line (colours)
Furfrou (too many trims)
Gourgeist line (these are easier to work around than the rest in this group though)
Volbeat + Illumise
Lunatone + Solrock
Throh + Sawk

Could you maybe further explain your reasoning, as I don't get at all why this would imply that Alolan forms have to start from the basic stage.
Additionally, that last category does not imply that at all. Do you remember when Slowbro got a Mega Evolution and everyone thought that had to mean that Slowking would get one as well. That eventually did not happen, so having one of the Pokemon of the group get an additional form, does not imply that the other has to as well.

Also, Alolan form now has to start from the base form in any evolution line because all transferred Pokemon that are unobtainable otherwise in SM evolve into their standard forms.
Counterpoint: Raichu, Exeggutor. The regional difference can easily affect the evolution process, I'd think, not just genetics.

I also wouldn't necessarily assume that legendaries won't get Alola forms.

Could you maybe further explain your reasoning, as I don't get at all why this would imply that Alolan forms have to start from the basic stage.

Ok, I'll explain using my Ekans example again: First, based on known Alolan forms, we know that "a regular form WILL/ MUST evolve into its corresponding Alolan form in Alola" (regular Exeggute -> Alolan Exeggutor & regular Cubone -> Alolan Marowak & regular Pikachu -> Alolan Raichu) UNLESS the regular form itself has a Alolan equivalence (regular Rattata -> regular Raticate in Alola while Alolan Rattata -> Alolan Reticate, etc). Now back to Ekans, in Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon, Ekans is unobtainable (not found in the wild, not given as gift/ in-game trade) unless you transfer it from a gen VI game. When you do transfer an Ekans from gen VI to Pokemon Sun/ Moon and level it up til it evolves, it will evolve into a regular gen I Arbok. If Alolan Arbok exists in the Pokemon world, Ekans should have evolved into that instead of its regular counterpart based on the logic above. From that, I come to the conclusion that "Alolan form now has to start from the base form in any evolution line because all transferred Pokemon that are unobtainable otherwise in SM evolve into their standard forms". I hope this makes sense now.

Additionally, that last category does not imply that at all. Do you remember when Slowbro got a Mega Evolution and everyone thought that had to mean that Slowking would get one as well. That eventually did not happen, so having one of the Pokemon of the group get an additional form, does not imply that the other has to as well.

Yeah this is true. I'll adjust my list.
Counterpoint: Raichu, Exeggutor. The regional difference can easily affect the evolution process, I'd think, not just genetics.

Ok, I'll explain using my Ekans example again: First, based on known Alolan forms, we know that "regular form WILL/ MUST evolve into Alolan form in Alola" (regular Exeggute -> Alolan Exeggutor & regular Cubone -> Alolan Marowak & regular Pikachu -> Alolan Raichu) UNLESS the regular form itself has a Alolan equivalence (regular Rattata -> regular Raticate in Alola while Alolan Rattata -> Alolan Reticate, etc). Now back to Ekans, in Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon, Ekans is unobtainable (not found in the wild, not given as gift/ in-game trade) unless you transfer it from a gen VI game. When you do transfer an Ekans from gen VI to Pokemon Sun/ Moon and level it up til it evolves, it will evolve into a regular gen I Arbok. If Alolan Arbok exists in the Pokemon world, Ekans should have evolved into that instead of its regular counterpart based on the logic above. From that, I come to the conclusion that "Alolan form now has to start from the base form in any evolution line because all transferred Pokemon that are unobtainable otherwise in SM evolve into their standard forms". I hope this makes sense now.

I also wouldn't necessarily assume that legendaries won't get Alola forms.

Some cases are more definitely than others. The box mascots are the "most definitely won't" kind. Those like Shaymin, Darkrai could happen but still, highly unlikely imo.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I don't see why they can't have only the final stage be Alolan. By your logic, there can't be any more Alolan Pokemon period since they didn't exist in SM. None of the new Alolan Pokemon will be compatible with SM so it doesn't matter if its the entire line or just the final stage that's Alolan. Also GF had done this plenty of times in the past when they gave Pokemon new forms in the third version/remakes (Deoxys in Gen III; Rotom, Giratina, & Shaymin in Platinum; Forces of Nature, Kyurem & Keldeo in BW2; and the new Mega Evolutions + Primals in ORAS).

Actually, maybe they could play with this idea. If Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon takes place in an alternate version of Alola (well, more alternate than the usual differences between versions), why not have the normal versions of the current Alolan Pokemon we have and have USUM have its own unique set of Alolan Pokemon (the only "problem" I see with this is that Alolan Raichu is sort of Hau's Signature Pokemon, though I think they can give him another). Heck, how about going one step further: reveal that certain Gen VII Pokemon have Katonian versions!

With the Gold & Silver re-releases I do think if there's any new Alolan Pokemon it'll be for Johto Pokemon. With GF announcing they're already working on a mainstream game for the Switch I think that might mean there will be no Gen IV remake this gen (which makes sense, remakes tend to go by Nintendo handhelds and not generations. GBA had FRLG, DS had HGSS, 3DS had ORAS, so that would mean the Switch would be getting the Gen IV remakes; that is if they keep to the remake pattern and don't decide to throw a curveball like redoing Gen I/II again now that the games have moved to full 3D graphics).

But this all said, we have to remember something: ANY games from here on can have old Pokemon with new forms. Why? Because the official name for Alolan Pokemon is Regional Variant. It's a phenomenon that's meant to describe Pokemon from one region changing itself to adapt to another region's environment. That would include remakes too, so that means in the Sinnoh remakes we may get Sinnoian Pokemon. Obviously this starts to open a can of worms that GF either needs to keep the number of Regional Variants low, give games other ways to get different regions Regional Variants, or decide regional variants are gen exclusive so if you want one you're gonna need an older game and transfer up from it.

It's going to be interesting to see what GF does, there's a lot of things they can do

Pokemon with Mega Evolution so probably won't happen
Venusaur line
Charizard line
Blastoise line
Beedrill line
Pidgeot line
Steelix line
Aerodactyl
Ampharos line
Heracross
Houndoom line
Tyranitar line
Sceptile line
Blaziken line
Swampert line
Gardevoir + Gallade line
Mawile
Aggron line
Medicham line
Manectric line
Camerupt line
Altaria line
Banette line
Lopunny line
Abomasnow line
Audino line
Now while I don't think they'd make an Alolan form out of any of thee Pokemon anyway, if they decide to make an Alolan Beedrill for some reason they could do three things: (1) Have it unable to Mega Evolve, Alolan Pokemon are technically different species, (2) Have it Mega Evolve but into the normal Mega Form, implying the Regional Variant is a sub-species change and that within their genetics it still has its originators genes, or (3) Give them a unique Mega Evolution that matches the changes done.

Mewtwo
Mew
Raikou + Entei + Suicune
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Celebi
Latias + Latios
Deoxys
Jirachi
Uxie + Mesprit + Azelf
Heatran
Cresselia
Darkrai
Phione + Manaphy
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Meloetta
Genesect
Diancie
Hoopa
Volcanion
Hmm, that's an interesting idea. Let's ask the question: why can't Legendaries have Regional Variance? Okay, their probably powerful enough that if one went to Alola they'd no doubt be able to survive their, thus not needing to change, but then again there's nothing saying they can't change simply for deciding to live there long enough or due to unexplained/stronger forces *coughUltraEnergycough*. I do agree we could probably remove the Legendaries with a BST of 660 and over, but or the ones with 600 and under? Since Alola likes Kanto so much, why not a set of Alolan Winged Mirages or an Alolan Mew? Now, personally, I'd rather these Pokemon just get a Mega Evolution, but the possibility of a Regional Variant I wouldn't say is completely out of the question, and if not for Alola than maybe a future region if the setting is right.

Hey now, Hawaii has it's own alphabet, albeit it was made by English missionaries based on the Hawaiian language. Actually, this means that the Hawaiian alpabet uses English letters, only having 7 special diphthongs (vowels that make both sounds at once) they can base new Unown Letters on: AE, AI, AO, AU, EI, EU, OU.

"Of they can just spell out those diphthongs with the basic Unown". Or they can do that. Though with many languages using an apostrophe (') as part of their language (including Hawaiian), wouldn't hurt to add in some additional Punctuation Unown.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Now while I don't think they'd make an Alolan form out of any of thee Pokemon anyway, if they decide to make an Alolan Beedrill for some reason they could do three things: (1) Have it unable to Mega Evolve, Alolan Pokemon are technically different species, (2) Have it Mega Evolve but into the normal Mega Form, implying the Regional Variant is a sub-species change and that within their genetics it still has its originators genes, or (3) Give them a unique Mega Evolution that matches the changes done.
Just to clarify, there are two checks for how Mega Evolution works in-game. If you've already used Mega Evolution during the match, any other correct Pokemon species + Mega Stone combinations you may have will display the button as semi-transparent. If the Pokemon's base species can't Mega Evolve with its held Stone, OR the Pokemon's current forme is already the forme it would take using that Mega Stone, the button doesn't display at all. This is why Mega Charizard Y can Mega Evolve into Mega Charizard X, and vice versa, but not X -> X or Y -> Y.

Alolan Pokemon are the same species as the base; that's the whole reason Thick Club still works for Alolan Marowak. The difference between that and Hyperspace Fury/Dark Void detection on Hoopa Unbound/Darkrai only is those checks are done on current form (counting Transform), and not species. Since they didn't change species detection in Gen 7, they can't change it for USUM unless they make them incompatible with SM, therefore no Alola Forms can be Pokemon that have Mega Evolutions already.

So basically, (2) is their only way around that, but there are enough Pokemon without Mega Evolutions that they don't have to do that either. Give other Pokemon a chance!

— KANTO —
Arbok line
Venomoth line
Rapidash line
Farfetch’d
Dodrio line
Dewgong line
Kingler line
Electrode line
Lickilicky line
Weezing line
Tangrowth line
Mr. Mime line
Jynx line
Omastar line
Kabutops line
Porygon-Z line

EDIT: Nidoking line & Nidoqueen line

— JOHTO —
Furret line
Noctowl line
Xatu line
Jumpluff line
Ampibom line
Sunflora line
Yanmega line
Quagsire line
Wobbuffet line
Girafarig
Forretress line
Dunsparce
Gliscor line
Qwilfish
Shuckle
Ursaring line
Magcargo line
Octilery line
Mantine line
Donphan line
Stantler line

— HOENN —
Mightyena line
Linoone line
Ludicolo line
Shiftry line
Swellow line
Breloom line
Exploud line
Delcaty line
Swalot line
Grumpig line
Cacturne line
Zangoose
Seviper
Crawdaunt line
Claydol line
Cradily line
Armaldo line
Kecleon
Dusknoir line
Tropius
Chimecho

EDIT: Volbeat, Illumise, Lunatone, Solrock

— SINNOH —
Bibarel line
Kricketune line
Vespiquen line
Floatzel line
Purugly line
Skuntank line
Bronzong line
Chatot
Spiritomb
Hippowdon line
Drapion line
Toxicroak line
Carnivine

—- UNOVA —-
Watchog line
Liepard line
Musharna line
Zebstrika line
Swoobat line
Excadrill line
Seismitoad line
Maractus
Crustle line
Scrafty line
Sigilyph
Cofagrigus line
Zoroark line
Cinccino line
Swanna line
Sawsbuck line
Escavalier line
Amoongus line
Galvantula line
Ferrothorn line
Beheeyem line
Beartic line
Cryogonal
Accelgor line
Stunfisk
Mienshao line
Druddigon
Golurk line
Bisharp line
Bouffalant
Heatmor
Durant
Volcarona line

EDIT: Throh, Sawk, Simisage line, Simipour line, Simisear line

— KALOS —-
Diggersby line
Gogoat line
Aromatisse line
Slurpuff line
Malamar line
Barbaracle line
Dragalge line
Clawitzer line
Heliolisk line
Tyrantrum line
Aurorus line
Hawlucha
Avalugg line
Noivern line

Pokemon with Mega Evolution so probably won’t happen
Venusaur line
Charizard line
Blastoise line
Beedrill line
Pidgeot line
Steelix line
Aerodactyl
Ampharos line
Heracross
Houndoom line
Tyranitar line
Sceptile line
Blaziken line
Swampert line
Gardevoir + Gallade line
Mawile
Aggron line
Medicham line
Manectric line
Camerupt line
Altaria line
Banette line
Lopunny line
Abomasnow line
Audino line

Mewtwo
Mew
Raikou + Entei + Suicune
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Celebi
Latias + Latios
Deoxys
Jirachi
Uxie + Mesprit + Azelf
Heatran
Cresselia
Darkrai
Phione + Manaphy
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Meloetta
Genesect
Diancie
Hoopa
Volcanion

Torterra line + Infernape line + Empoleon line -> starter lines so no?
Chesnaught line + Delphox line + Greninja line -> starter lines so no?
Rotom - the Rotom in RotomDex is Alolan(?) and there’s no difference
Plusle + Minun + Pachirisu + Dedenne -> pointless + their Alolan form already exists: Togedemaru

Beautifly + Dustox line
Ninjask + Shedinja line
Huntail + Gorebyss line
Wormadam + Mothim line
Sawsbuck line
Basculin (stripes)
Florges line (colours)
Furfrou (too many trims)
Volbeat + Illumise
Lunatone + Solrock
Throh + Sawk

I mean, they were trying to make a point by making regional variations out of entire evolutionary lines in some cases and specific evolved Pokemon others. Different pokemon react and adapt to their environment in different ways. It makes sense for Rattatas to form colonies of bigger, more brutish Dark types that evolve into Dark type Raticates. It makes sense for Pikachu to evolve into a Raichu that is adept at navigating both sparse island terrain and water versus Raichus that live solely in the wide forests/caves on the mainlands.

If they do add more regional variants, Game Freak will try to do it in a way that tells a stoy or makes some biological sense for the species.

I don't see why they can't have only the final stage be Alolan. By your logic, there can't be any more Alolan Pokemon period since they didn't exist in SM. None of the new Alolan Pokemon will be compatible with SM so it doesn't matter if its the entire line or just the final stage that's Alolan. Also GF had done this plenty of times in the past when they gave Pokemon new forms in the third version/remakes (Deoxys in Gen III; Rotom, Giratina, & Shaymin in Platinum; Forces of Nature, Kyurem & Keldeo in BW2; and the new Mega Evolutions + Primals in ORAS).

When GF add new forms to later games, they also add means of accessing those forms in the later games that are not available in the older games too. These "means of accessing" (Orbs, Gracidea Flower, the appliances, etc) justify the existence of new forms in the Pokemon World like this for example: Shaymin-S does exist in DP canon, it's just that the means of getting it (Gracidea Flower) isn't obtainable because you are not given one OR the Primals does exist in RSE canon, you just don't/ can't give them the Orbs to reverse. Alolan form is NOT like this in the sense that "levelling up in Alola" is sth that can already be done in SM so back to the Ekans example, you can already level up a regular Ekans in Alola to evolve so for all purpose, it should evolve into an Alolan Arbok if an Alolan Arbok does exist in the PKM World. Now, you could say that GF will introduce sth like an item that when held by regular Ekans, it will evolve into an Alolan Arbok when levelled up in Alola but that mechanics is sth we are inventing now to accommodate Alolan form while my original lists were compiled using only what we already knew of Alolan form.

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. Let's ask the question: why can't Legendaries have Regional Variance? Okay, their probably powerful enough that if one went to Alola they'd no doubt be able to survive their, thus not needing to change, but then again there's nothing saying they can't change simply for deciding to live there long enough or due to unexplained/stronger forces *coughUltraEnergycough*. I do agree we could probably remove the Legendaries with a BST of 660 and over, but or the ones with 600 and under? Since Alola likes Kanto so much, why not a set of Alolan Winged Mirages or an Alolan Mew? Now, personally, I'd rather these Pokemon just get a Mega Evolution, but the possibility of a Regional Variant I wouldn't say is completely out of the question, and if not for Alola than maybe a future region if the setting is right.

Some legendaries have more chances to get Alolan forms than others but I still think they are very unlikely. The box mascots are the least likely to get the treatment while some like Meloetta (Alolan Relic Song anyone?) or Manaphy/ Phione (difference seas) are more likely.

Hey now, Hawaii has it's own alphabet, albeit it was made by English missionaries based on the Hawaiian language. Actually, this means that the Hawaiian alpabet uses English letters, only having 7 special diphthongs (vowels that make both sounds at once) they can base new Unown Letters on: AE, AI, AO, AU, EI, EU, OU.

"Of they can just spell out those diphthongs with the basic Unown". Or they can do that. Though with many languages using an apostrophe (') as part of their language (including Hawaiian), wouldn't hurt to add in some additional Punctuation Unown.

LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)