SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about stats reminds me that 50% - > 100% Zygarde went from 600 BST to 708
....and literally all of that was HP, with 10 points moved from speed to special attack.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Jokes aside, did CoroCoro mention about how many times exactly you can launch extra Z-moves, once more or multiple times more with special requirements? The former might be borderline broken but not totally off the roof ridiculous, the latter will be just outright busted for Competitive.
Either way I don't see it possible for competitive online but I guess that has something to do with the black Z-ring you were given.
If it works like O-Powers, it would initially only be +1 after the power is acquired (this could be fairly late in the story, though, re: Mr. Bonding encounters in XY). Then with training you could make it become +2 and eventually +3, for a total of 4 uses of Z-moves per battle. Now, most in-game trainers only have 4 Pokémon at most, so...

Well, at least it'd be in-game only.

Also, for the Ultra Space locations... am I the only one fearing they will all be corridors? It seems like you arrive at a portal, and then only have to walk down a path without any branches, items, or interactable objects until you reach the Ultra Beast at the end. Scenic, yes, but that would not give it any replay value whatsoever. Then again, that place that looks like Kartana's realm has NPCs, and the Xurkitree realm appears to involve a foot race, so maybe there will be something to do. Still, I'm not expecting anything more advanced than a simple "tunnel" with some easy task to solve on your way to the dead end. More creative than the Hoopa rings of ORAS, though, I'd give them that.

Personally I'm hoping that GF gives us some sort of way to amp the difficulty to balance multiple Z-moves. I mean, if you can fire as many Z-moves as the number of pokemon sent by NPCs (so two or three), there'll be no telling apart between USUM and a Clicking the A button Simulator.

Talking about stats reminds me that 50% - > 100% Zygarde went from 600 BST to 708
....and literally all of that was HP, with 10 points moved from speed to special attack.
Gotta give an incentive for people to use Core Enforcer.

Last edited:
Also, for the Ultra Space locations... am I the only one fearing they will all be corridors? It seems like you arrive at a portal, and then only have to walk down a path without any branches, items, or interactable objects until you reach the Ultra Beast at the end. Scenic, yes, but that would not give it any replay value whatsoever. Then again, that place that looks like Kartana's realm has NPCs, and the Xurkitree realm appears to involve a foot race, so maybe there will be something to do. Still, I'm not expecting anything more advanced than a simple "tunnel" with some easy task to solve on your way to the dead end. More creative than the Hoopa rings of ORAS, though, I'd give them that.
I'm kind of comfortable with deluding myself in to thinking the Ultra Wormholes will have any sort of Distortion world-esque exploration value.

If it works like O-Powers, it would initially only be +1 after the power is acquired (this could be fairly late in the story, though, re: Mr. Bonding encounters in XY). Then with training you could make it become +2 and eventually +3, for a total of 4 uses of Z-moves per battle. Now, most in-game trainers only have 4 Pokémon at most, so...

Well, at least it'd be in-game only.

I figured they would be corridors from the start. They're neat set dressing and maybe the idea will get expanded some time in futuyre gens, but all the ones they've shown thus far have been just that: fancy halls.
Kartana's is the only one we've seen with any sort of trainer in it and we only MAYBE think Xurkitree has something else going on with it. I'm guessing Pheromosa will get trainers in Ultra Moon since it was the "you get 4 of them" variant in place of Kartana.

Since these are most likely the post-game, I'm guessing Guzzlord's will be a little more involved since it's supposed to cap off the Looker sidequest.

This is really only a minor complaint about SM, but I really hope the fights between the Kahunas/Topos and the Ultra Beasts gets more time in Ultra if something like it is in the game at all that is. Also, I'm really hoping that Looker's story is explored further because so far he's been a highlight of the past few games.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
They'd probably will keep the 97 HP, just so thy have the points to spend elsewhere (though note this is no longer a guaranteed prediction now that they've experimented with changing HP between forms with Zygarde)
Make that almost guaranteed, because of this from the Oha Suta

But I do agree with the 700 BST prediction, and if we follow Kyurem's footsteps in their base stats being similar to the original hosts then it should look something along these lines

97/151/127/127/101/97
Flip phys/special for Dawn Wings

Probably not the most impressive spreads you'll find (which gives me better hopes for when the actual things come out!). The possibility for an uneven spread (like MLatias and MLatios) is also there, given Necrozma's own uneven spread.

New Japanese trailer:

New English trailer:

Searing Sunraze Smash
Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom

My observations from the Japanese trailer:
- Confirms Dusk Mane Necrozma as psychic/steel with Prism Armor
- Confirms Dawn Wings Necrozma as psychic/ghost with Prism Armor
- Confirms Necrozma-exclusive move Photon Geyser (usable by both Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings)
- Rotom Dex power up, will ask you questions and your friendship increases by your answers
- Rotom Dex has a "Rotopon Time" (Roto Loto in English?) which will randomly grant you an O-Power type effect (the trailer shows EXP increase)
- Also shows other powers such as discounts at "Friendly Shops", reduces steps required to hatch eggs, improves catch rate, and allows you to use a Z-Move for a second time during battle

EDIT: From the English trailer, Roto Loto gives you items that you can use, though it's unclear whether or not they have a cooldown between uses. I would assume that you get a new power as your friendship increases, though that has yet to be confirmed.

Last edited:
I find it quite funny how they both suck in there opponent in a wormhole. Also, now seeing them actually move, there models don't look so bad compared to there artworks.

Nice to see that the new Z-moves ignore abilities as well. Though is anyone else confused as to the purpose of Photon Geyser? It doesn't seem connected to Necrozma taking over Cosmog in any way, it's just "oh hey, Necrozma has two signiture moves now."

Really happy to see that the Rotom Power is indeed rebranded O-Powers.

Now, have you noticed that Mimikyu had its Disguise up when Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom (whoever thought of that name) hit it?
Makes sense -- after all, Solgaleo and Lunala's usual signature moves have a Mold Breaker effect so it's reasonable to assume the Z-powered versions of them do as well. That's also presumably why they showed Solgaleo's hitting Gigalith; a Pokémon known for having the Sturdy ability.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Well these new z moves seem interesting, though the names imo are a but much. Photon Geyser is super cool - that effect to going off the highest offensive stat is incredible. Glad to see more news.

It seems that rather than being fixated to a certain attack type, Photon Geyser chooses whichever is the highest and calculates with that stat instead. While it might still be special attack given its attack animation (and why does it look piss weak despite it being a signature of a legendary?) At least we will have another (possibly) viable psychic move for Lunala and especially Solgaleo which it will be free from being forced to run Zen Headbutt for physical STAB.

It seems that rather than being fixated to a certain attack type, Photon Geyser chooses whichever is the highest and calculates with that stat instead. While it might still be special attack given its attack animation (and why does it look piss weak despite it being a signature of a legendary?) At least we will have another (possibly) viable psychic move for Lunala and especially Solgaleo which it will be free from being forced to run Zen Headbutt for physical STAB.
In before Scary Face Kyurem. Or in this case, Necrozma's Prismatic Laser turns into Photon Geiser (please for the love of Lucoa's dogeballs, no)

From the official website, a confirmation:

Photon Geyser is a Psychic-type special move that only Necrozma can learn. This attack engulfs the target in a pillar of light.

Necrozma can learn this move when it’s in its Dusk Mane or Dawn Wings forms, as well. This move compares the user’s Attack and Sp. Atk stats, and it deals damage according to whichever is higher. This means that both Dusk Mane Necrozma, with its extremely high Attack, and Dawn Wings Necrozma, with its extremely high Sp. Atk, can unleash the effects of this powerful move to the fullest.
I can see this move being interesting in STABmons and BH.

By the way, it says that it can learn the move in its alternate formes "as well", so regular Necrozma will also get the move.

From the official website, a confirmation:

I can see this move being interesting in STABmons and BH.

By the way, it says that it can learn the move in its alternate formes "as well", so regular Necrozma will also get the move.
;_;
Oh well, Mega Medi and Lele now have a new toy to chew on.

Altough Necrozma getting the move in its regular forms it actually great if it's a spammable move ala Blue Flare/Bolt Strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)