Format Discussion Pokemon Sun/Moon Random Battle sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, how are levels decided? Is it dependant on the tier of the pokemon? Can I get a list of levels per tier, then? And can you tell if the enemy has a mega or not by the difference of the tier between the base pokemon and the mega?

Question, how are levels decided? Is it dependant on the tier of the pokemon? Can I get a list of levels per tier, then?
By the pokemon's tier.

Code:
let levelScale = {
            LC: 87,
            'LC Uber': 86,
            NFE: 84,
            PU: 83,
            BL4: 82,
            NU: 81,
            BL3: 80,
            RU: 79,
            BL2: 78,
            UU: 77,
            BL: 76,
            OU: 75,
            Uber: 73,
            AG: 71,
        };
I don't know about the part about megas, but I'm guessing the answer is yes.

Alore

i'm sorry
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Two sets from one battle.

Firstly, this Chansey set is pretty useless aside from serving as a wall to special attackers that cant hit it for Defence (with Psyshock, Psystrike etc). All the moves are good on a Chansey but together without Toxic it's pretty dumb, I feel this combination of 4 should have Heal Bell replaced with Toxic bc together with these specific 4 moves it becomes a bad support mon that in most battles is p useless lol.

Secondly, a Swampert-Mega outside of rain but with 4 attacks is useless. It should have at least some form of support like Rocks or Rain Dance on every set honestly. Though I understand that not every set needs to be viable and obviously this is better than alot of sets so I understand if this is something you would rather not implement, I just thought I would post it anyway bc it is pretty bad from a competitive point of view.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Two Firstly, this Chansey set is pretty useless aside from serving as a wall to special attackers that cant hit it for Defence (with Psyshock, Psystrike etc). All the moves are good on a Chansey but together without Toxic it's pretty dumb, I feel this combination of 4 should have Heal Bell replaced with Toxic bc together with these specific 4 moves it becomes a bad support mon that in most battles is p useless lol.
Just Seismic Toss them. I'd be okay sacrificing it in exchange for the holy trinity of team support + hypersecure walling of half the meta you can eventually beat down with Toss.
Secondly, a Swampert-Mega outside of rain but with 4 attacks is useless. It should have at least some form of support like Rocks or Rain Dance on every set honestly. Though I understand that not every set needs to be viable and obviously this is better than alot of sets so I understand if this is something you would rather not implement, I just thought I would post it anyway bc it is pretty bad from a competitive point of view.
swampertmega: {
randomBattleMoves: ["raindance", "waterfall", "earthquake", "icepunch", "superpower"],

With one STAB guaranteed and one of the four remaining getting the boot, looks like you got the unlucky 25% chance of no Rain Dance. I'm not sure if there's a way to improve this situation (removing Superpower gives zero chance for variety, replacing it with SR opens up pretty bad RD+SR+WFall+Ice Punch chance), but it's possible that there is.

Unfortunately I forgot to make a screenshot, but ina recent random doubles battle I got two megas - a Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent and a Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite. This should not happen, as Pokemon capable of Mega Evolving have lower levels than they would have if they're not able to mega evolve.
Use the thread for Random Double Battles, please.

Why doesn't Mudsdale ever get an Assault Vest as an item? I know items are determined by a certain algorithm but as of now it only gets Choice Band. I think it would be a natural fit and make it more flexible than just getting Choice Band.

Question, how are levels decided? Is it dependant on the tier of the pokemon? Can I get a list of levels per tier, then? And can you tell if the enemy has a mega or not by the difference of the tier between the base pokemon and the mega?
Yes you can tell by the difference.

Adeleine

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why doesn't Mudsdale ever get an Assault Vest as an item? I know items are determined by a certain algorithm but as of now it only gets Choice Band. I think it would be a natural fit and make it more flexible than just getting Choice Band.
It has recently (or soon will) get Stealth Rock added to its movepool, which will make it considerably more flexible.
This is a really bad Cloyster set lols
While a hazard would be preferable over Rock Blast, it at least looks usably good, unless you were to argue that Cloyster just shouldn't have Rapid Spin.

It has recently (or soon will) get Stealth Rock added to its movepool, which will make it considerably more flexible.

While a hazard would be preferable over Rock Blast, it at least looks usably good, unless you were to argue that Cloyster just shouldn't have Rapid Spin.
If it was a hazard, at least Overcoat would be a preferable ability. Skill Link and Life Orb are there only for the Rock Blast.

Adeleine

smash should always be getting white herb anyway, no?

you're too slow and not frail enough to sash outside of shell smash, and again, arguing that Cloyster shouldn't do non-smash things is a separate issue

smash should always be getting white herb anyway, no?

you're too slow and not frail enough to sash outside of shell smash, and again, arguing that Cloyster shouldn't do non-smash things is a separate issue
Shell smash often works better with focus sash because sometimes the defense drops from shell smash don't matter and focus sash lets Cloyster set up on other sweepers. Also, I found this Gyarados set today.
Screenshot 2017-12-15 at 8.13.04 PM.png

What's the point in having moxie over intimidate when it's going to mega evolve before it attacks? Also why does it know ice fang and not crunch?

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
View attachment 92895

This is a really bad Cloyster set lols
it's not a custom made cloyster set, it just was made with moves in its pool so you just had some bad luck. it's not so easy to make it always have "good sets" but also not always the fixed sets with no variety. i don't think it's much of a big deal

Shell smash often works better with focus sash because sometimes the defense drops from shell smash don't matter and focus sash lets Cloyster set up on other sweepers. Also, I found this Gyarados set today.
View attachment 92925
Why does it have moxie and ice fang and not have crunch?
sash vs herb is still situational, sometimes not being -1 def is better so you don't die to priority so it's not like one is marginally better than the other
also ice fang is better vs grass types, and again it was just picked from its selected list of move. crunch ofc helps vs jellicent, but it's again the concept of situation1 vs situation2, so i don't think this big a fuss should be made about randbat sets like this

my own issue: could a check be added so a team doesn't have two defoggers/spikers/rockers?

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
This exists. I know you sometimes still get double, but that’s because there’s no moves left in its pool so it can’t reject.
ah so i was just unlucky with the mons a couple times
would it be possible in that case to replace the second mon that has the redundant defog/hazard move with another mon?

also ice fang is better vs grass types, and again it was just picked from its selected list of move. crunch ofc helps vs jellicent, but it's again the concept of situation1 vs situation2, so i don't think this big a fuss should be made about randbat sets like this
STAB crunch is almost as strong and more accurate than a super effective ice fang.

Adeleine

what sparksblade said still applies

moxie lets you get a kill, boost attack with it, and not mega evolve until then

SparksBlade

Community Leader
raticate: {
randomBattleMoves: ["protect", "facade", "flamewheel", "suckerpunch", "uturn", "swordsdance"],

is there a reason why crunch is not there? it's listed in the dubs set so im guessing it's some technical reason/oversight o.o

raticate: {
randomBattleMoves: ["protect", "facade", "flamewheel", "suckerpunch", "uturn", "swordsdance"],

is there a reason why crunch is not there? it's listed in the dubs set so im guessing it's some technical reason/oversight o.o
Because Sucker Punch, probably? Doubles has Crunch because there are a lot more non-attacking moves around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)