SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Slowbrotaku try uploading as an attachment.

View attachment 73624

This is my current predicted team for Sun version, Decidueye + Gyarados + A Raichu are the main interests of the team. I originally had Stoutland in place of A Raticate with M Gyarados, but mega evolution not being available until post game changed my mind. The normal/dark typing helps out the team, and I want to try super fang + toxic combo. I put Mudsdale as the last Pokemon because I did not know what else to put... ground typing helps Gyarados, and is just great in general.

In terms of typing, the team has a couple of shared weaknesses, a few immunities, and a lot of resistances.

View attachment 73625

Please leave your suggestions. :)
Just fyi you can't get the Lucarionite till postgame.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
yo where my spider people at

I decided I'd restrict myself to using only new mons for this run (something I've never done before, incidentally), and I decided I'd go for a naming scheme around the heroes of sunny Mata Nui. Little bit of a rundown on the meme team.

Tahu (Incineroar) - I loved Litten and Rowlet when I first saw them and was leaning toward Rowlet initially until I realized Litten was basically Sabo-tabby as a Pokemon. Being an anarchist myself, I gotta rep that, and I was rewarded greatly for that when we saw the final forms - Incineroar just oozes personality. As it stands, probably in my top three favorite starters, second only to Sceptile and Venusaur. Who better to bring the heat?
Lewa (Vikavolt) - Yeah, the shitty speed stat crushed me just like everyone else, but this whole line's still dope as fuck and I gotta bring multiple bugs. I'll wind up with a fearsome flier who's been with me since the beginning of the game, which fits the name really well because OG Lewa was my first Bionicle (got him as a Hanukkah present when I was seven years old).
Kopaka (Muk) - I knew I had to take this as soon as I saw it. Muk looks like one of those "jerk with a good heart" types, so there's our Kopaka no the name totally wasn't just process of elimination what are you talking about
Gali (Araquanid) - Spiders are kinda my favorite thing in the world, and this one can really make some waves with that boosted Liquidation, so who better to be our leading lady? I'll keep an Ariados in this slot till I get her because I'm contractually obligated to have a spider on the team at all times.
Pohatu (Tsareena) - I was initially super salty about Exeggutor only being available in the late game because I love that goofy bastard, and I figured I'd just pick up another Grass mon to fill that slot until I could get one. I was leaning toward Lurantis until I decided on the Bionicle theme, and at that point I knew I had to forget about Eggy and pick Tsareena as my Pohatu. Those hips are #goals and those kicks are savage - it's a natural fit.
Onua (Mimikyu) - Quiet cutie who never sees the sun and shreds things with massive claws - perfect for Onua. I might try to get a Mimikyu egg from someone here so I don't have to wait for over half the game to pick him up.

Hi guys! Can you give me your opinion about my team? I am trying to build a good all-around team with balanced strengths/weaknesses for in-game purposes mainly but I would be open to try online play as well.

Here it is :

Capture d’écran 2016-11-16 à 23.23.28.png

Would love a response! Thanks a bunch! :)

So decided to mess around with the planner again to make a possible Primarina based team and now I'm having last minute uncertainty. So in the final days leading up to my copies being shipped to me, a bit advice. Which is the better choice for a Moon version team? This:

Or this:

Disclaimer: May end up dropping Bug-Type in favor of Lycanroc Midnight form.

Do any pokemon in Alola learn Wish as a level-up move? Otherwise I'd have to get lucky with QR to give me a Togepi-line or Swirlix-line, or less appealing, the Natu, Ralts, or Flabebe lines, or illumise. If that's indeed how the QR pokemon work. So far I've only gotten Luxray and Leavanny. Otherwise I won't be able to breed Wish onto Eevee so I can get an Umbreon/Sylveon/Vaporeon Baton-Sub-Wish supporter for Golisopod

View attachment 73213

I hate all 3 starters, gonna throw mine away as soon as I'm done grinding for that sweet sweet Level 9-12 Salamence on Route 3.
Just realized I don't need an HM slave anymore. Any idea on my 6th mon?

e: Names? o well. I'm probably gonna name them all after different species of fish, as usual.
You could use a flying type with better flying stab than regular salamence. One such mon could be dodrio who can cover it's rock and ice weaknesses.

Are Scyther and Riolu available before the Elite 4? They are super late in the pokedex and they are found at level 52+...but I planned to use them for my playthrough. Specific details would be dope.

Last edited:
https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-t...azzle+silvally-normal+ninetales-alola+kommo-o

Decidueye, Salazzle, Silvally, and Kommo-o are pretty much locks. The other two are far from certain.

While Araquanid is probably one of my favorite designs ever, the state aren't that good, which kind of throws me off to the point where I might use Tapu Fini. For now, Araquanid is still the frontrunner.

The last slot is also a toss-up. The current favorite is Alolan Ninetales, but every other Alolan form besides Marowak, Persian, and Raticate is in the running.

Sorru for the short response, but I'm on my phone. RIP me.

My core members, I plan to use all new mons! Mimikyu I adore, he'll be the star of my team, Salazzle is a strong special attacker, Bewear I've grown to love knowing now how bulky he is (and his animation when being attacked is so cute), and Golispod looks so badass and I love how he has a lot of priority moves with his bulk and high attack. To balance out the flying/rock/psychic weaknesses I'm thinking adding Palossand, Lycanroc midday, and/or possibly Alolan Dugtrio if it's any good? Any other suggestions would be great. :)

So decided to mess around with the planner again to make a possible Primarina based team and now I'm having last minute uncertainty. So in the final days leading up to my copies being shipped to me, a bit advice. Which is the better choice for a Moon version team? This:

Just throwing out there that you don't get Drampa until really, really late. You may want to ask for an egg after some time has passed, or save him for endgame.

This looked really fun so I thought I'd go ahead and post my in-game team I plan to use! :)

Decidueye: I wanted him from the start, Rowlet is one of the most unique starters I've seen in a while, and I really liked the fact that it's a mixed attacker (despite the fact that it's unpredictably slow). Spirit Shackle is gonna be a really cool Ghost STAB, and I'd imagine it gets access to Fly.

Vikavolt: This was the most difficult spot to fill for me. I wanted a nice and powerful Special Attacker, but something resistant or immune to Ground. Access to good stabs and it's insane Special Attack eventually led me to picking it.

Arcanine: I knew I wanted a Fire type to help against Steel types Decidueye and Nineties would struggle with, so I decided on Arcanine. With access to Intimidate it'll be a nifty defensive switchin, and it's decent array of coverage and priority ultimately convinced me.

Toxapex: I was torn between using this and Wishiwashi, but what sealed the deal for me was Baneful Bunker and Merciless. It's got amazing defenses on both sides, awesome defensive typing, and it's not dead weight thanks to being able to deal guaranteed critical hits against attackers with contact moves (despite its ironically low offenses). I have high hopes for this one.

Garchomp: I was lacking on speed, and I wanted a good powerful mega, so I chose my favorite pseudo legendary, Garchomp! Although Flygon now gets Dragon Dance, Garchomp's superior speed tier to start and mixed capabilities thanks to its mega sold it. It's also easier to train generally compared to Trapinch/Vibrava.

Ninetales: Ice Fairy is an awesome offensive type combo, and coupled with an amazing base 109 speed tier I finalized my team with Alolan Ninetales! It's able to help cover Garchomp's Dragon weaknesd, and be able to threaten most other Ground types that this team initially had trouble against.

Generally speaking this team can cover it's weaknesses exceptionally well on paper, and I'm pretty satisfied with it! I was originally thinking of other options over Arcanine and Vikavolt, such as Jolteon (extremely fast; increased my Ground weakness), Alolan Marowak (Dangerously powerful with the Thick Club; stacked a bit of a Dark weakness), and a few others, but this was the product I eventually put together. Feel free to leave a rate/suggestion, and thank you for reading!

Or this:

Of all the grass Pokémon, why liligant? Why not Tsareena, or shiinotic?

Last edited:
As late as it gets.
So post story then? Or just as far as whatever the Alolan equivalent of Victory Road is?

Of all the grass Pokémon, why liligant? Why not Tsareena, or shiinotic?
Because I've wanted to use Lilligant in a team for a long time now. (Still pissed I don't have Alolan Lilligant) Shiinotic is part Fairy and Primarina is already part Fairy herself. And to be honest, I've never liked Tsareena's design, even if she has decent stats, movepool and ability.

Well since my 2 main teams have pokemon that are post game, I thought idea share my teams I plan to use for the main story of the game in each version

Bewear and Golem get replaced with Tapu Lele and Pheromosa post game. Just really like those 2 designs. Bewear is so fluffy but dangerous. Persian is cool, and have to use it.

I would replace Togedemaru with Celestella for this sun team(I know I need to trade from moon, but thats fine with me) Its a cute electric Hedgehog, got to use it

Last edited:
I know the thread says in-game team (as in solo casual playthrough) but I'm planning teams for the long game (including egg moves) and could use some suggestions.

Team 1 (Sun)
Decidueye w/Leftovers
Leaf Blade, Spirit Shackle, Sucker Punch, ???

Golisopod w/Eject Button
First Impression, Aqua Jet, Sucker Punch, Leech Life

Turtornator w/Wide Lens
Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse, Will-O-Wisp, Explosion

Mudsdale w/Assault Vest
Earthquake, Rock Slide, Heavy Slam, Superpower

Lycanroc Sun w/Life Orb
Accelerock, Fire Fang, Brick Break, Swords Dance

Vikavolt w/Sitrus Berry
Bug Buzz, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Thunder Wave
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Possible Team 2 if I choose Litten instead (Sun)
Incineroar w/Leftovers
Flame Charge, Darkest Lariat, Leech Life, Bulk Up

Golisopod w/Eject Button
First Impression, Aqua Jet, Sucker Punch, Leech Life

Kommo-O w/???
Outrage, Sky Uppercut, Poison Jab, Dragon Dance

Mudsdale w/Assault Vest
Earthquake, Rock Slide, Heavy Slam, Superpower

Lycanroc Sun w/Life Orb
Accelerock, Fire Fang, Brick Break, Swords Dance

Vikavolt w/Sitrus Berry
Bug Buzz, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Thunder Wave

Victory Road.
Yeah I can tolerate that. I'll just do what I did w/ my Alpha Sapphire team when I needed a filler Pokemon until I could get Salamence: Just use Swellow. Or in this case, Toucanon.

EDIT: Anyways, I'm still torn between either Decidueye or Primarina for my Moon Starter. Decidueye is so cool looking but it just had to be part Ghost (in a gen with too many new Ghosts to begin with) and a lack of a solid Water type to put on my team are serious turn offs. Plus Alolan Marowak and Primarina have grown so much on me. Maybe I'll just play through Sun first since I already know what my team for that game is going to be ahead of time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)