Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
New Content
Free Shiny Mewtwo
Shiny Diancie EB
Toucannon Great Challenge
Great Daily Challenge [Pignite, Emboar, Rhyperior, Mew, Jirachi, Manaphy, Magmortar] (Drops PSB's)

Returning Content
Zekrom Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Shaymin Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Regigigas Ultra Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Special Daily Pokémon #1 (Drops PSB's)

Future Content
This is a one week update.

Event Pokémon
Shiny Mewtwo: Base 80 Psychic-type w/ Mega Boost.
Shiny Mega Mewtwo X: Fighting-type, 12 icons, 3 speedups, erases all Mega Mewtwo X in puzzle area.
Shiny Mega Mewtwo Y: Psychic-type, 17 icons, 10 speedups, erases icons in a Y-shaped pattern.
Shiny Diancie: Base 70 Fairy-type w/ Block Shot.
Shiny Mega Diancie: Fairy-type, 14 icons, 5 speedups, erases up to 10 rocks/blocks and deals damage.
Toucannon: Base 60 Flying-type w/ Block Smash++.

EB Prizes
Lv5: 5× Heart
Lv10: 100× Coin
Lv15: 200× Coin
Lv20: 400× Coin
Lv25: 800× Coin
Lv30: 1,600× Coin
Lv50: 1× Diancite / 1× Mega Speedup
Lv60: 3,200× Coin
Lv70: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv80: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv90: 2× Exp. Booster L
Lv100: 2× Mega Speedup
Lv130: 1× Skill Booster S
Lv150: 3× Raise Max Level
Lv180: 1× Skill Booster M
Lv200: 5× Raise Max Level
Lv250: 1× Skill Booster L
Lv300: 3× Level Up

All done.

Last edited:
Oh god, more Shiny Megas. Shiny Mewtwo X is a Fighting type Gengar Clone, Y is a Zard-Y removal pattern.

Shiny Diancie is gonna be rought as another Fairy type considering it doesn't have a good LDE user for the high levels. Hopefully Aggron and Steely Combo can get me far enough. The Trial NHN refreshed, save it for after you catch Diancie to save on the extra time for that animation.

Need to sample Toucannon as well. My coin stash is actually sitting close to max, so I might have ot burn some just to avoid overflow.

Trying to force us to use those Skill Boosters on Toxicroak/Croagunk, I see. Probably not gonna bother going far on this EB.

I don't really see why they need to keep pushing out shinies. I guess this game is getting super repetitive now and they're trying everything they can to hold onto players...

EDIT: Apparently they're giving away 30 Hearts, so don't check in if you have 70 or more!

Last edited:
If I had to guess, Shinies are simply the easiest way to add content without exhausting any remaining Legendaries, and essentially gives them a way to "skill swap" mega abilities. I'll take them over more Emoticon Pokemon.

That said, really wish there was a LDE user for Poison or Steel by now, considering the Diancies now make two Fairy type Escalations, and in general I find it a pretty annoying type. If you want, Regigigas grinding for Shot Out could be helpful in Survival Mode given Raw power and Normal's Neutral coverage, but that's only if you're willing to be the pioneer for the idea. I'd elect to hit a stopping point on Diancie and then grind Shaymin's Sleep Charm, or prep your Grass Busters for Tapu Bulu. I was working on SL4 Ninetales Burn+ myself, then debating if I want to work on Conkeldurr or Hippowdon's LDE.

What's the team you've been using for Ninetales? I've been going with Shiny Mega Gyarados, Ash-Greninja, Regirock (LDE SL4), Palkia (BB+ SL2) but it hasn't worked too well. I can only get Mega Camerupt up (despite being fully candied) within the first few moves about half the time, but otherwise I struggle with the disruptions. Any ideas?

I wouldn't mind if Aegislash got LDE, though I'd have to grind that up.

What's the team you've been using for Ninetales? I've been going with Shiny Mega Gyarados, Ash-Greninja, Regirock (LDE SL4), Palkia (BB+ SL2) but it hasn't worked too well. I can only get Mega Camerupt up (despite being fully candied) within the first few moves about half the time, but otherwise I struggle with the disruptions. Any ideas?

I wouldn't mind if Aegislash got LDE, though I'd have to grind that up.
I use Mega Diancie (SS'd and Candied), plus Ash-Ninja, Regirock, Lando-T, all maxed in every manner (though SL4 is fine for Regirock). Fire has so many burst damage options that the important thing is to clear the Barriers so they can be open to 4 matches, even with a NVE Mega. Regirock at SL5 does literally a third of Ninetales' health (5k) with a Mo4, so as long as you have Diancie to keep the Barriers clean for matches the Burst is fine. Shiny Tyranitar also works if you don't have that Diancie investment, though even with its 4 candy, 8 icon speed, it's imperative to evolve it early.

I'm still waiting to see if they can find a consistent clear method for Hippowdon's PSB stage. I can get Conkeldurr's with relative consistency, but haven't tried Hippo's yet, and want to determine between the two before feeding Cookies for another LDE user given the SE type overlap.

I use Mega Diancie (SS'd and Candied), plus Ash-Ninja, Regirock, Lando-T, all maxed in every manner (though SL4 is fine for Regirock). Fire has so many burst damage options that the important thing is to clear the Barriers so they can be open to 4 matches, even with a NVE Mega. Regirock at SL5 does literally a third of Ninetales' health (5k) with a Mo4, so as long as you have Diancie to keep the Barriers clean for matches the Burst is fine. Shiny Tyranitar also works if you don't have that Diancie investment, though even with its 4 candy, 8 icon speed, it's imperative to evolve it early.

I'm still waiting to see if they can find a consistent clear method for Hippowdon's PSB stage. I can get Conkeldurr's with relative consistency, but haven't tried Hippo's yet, and want to determine between the two before feeding Cookies for another LDE user given the SE type overlap.
I always overlook Diancie for some reason, even though I invested in it just to grind Conkeldurr's stage.

I love how this game messes with me. No skips at all, then after level 20 I get a +4 skip when the coin stages start, I let it past, finish 21 and 22, get another skip, let it past, finish 23 and 24, get another skip. After this stretch of coin stages I don't think I'm getting a skip until after 50.

In other news, I managed to get Emboar to SL5. At least they gave us decent drop rates to justify the stage costing 2 hearts per run.

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
New Content
Shiny Mega Mewtwo X Competition (Bring Mew, Noivern)
Great Daily Challenge [Electivire, Hoenn Cap Pikachu, Sinnoh Cap Pikachu, Unova Cap Pikachu, Kalos Cap Pikachu, Alola Cap Pikachu, Golem, Accelgor, Escavalier, Amoongus, Cresselia, Dialga, Palkia, Infernape] (Drops PSB's)

Returning Content
Mewtwo Special Stage (Drops PSB's, RML's)
Shaymin-Sky High-Speed Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Noivern High-Speed Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Special Daily Pokémon #2 (Drops PSB's)

Future Content
Tapu Bulu Ultra Challenge
Nihilego Master Challenge (No Items Allowed, Disappears after three plays, 1× Level Up reward for beating it, 20,000× coin entry fee)
Type: Null Great Challenge
Machamp Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Reshiram Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Decidueye EB
Alakazam Safari (No new Pokémon)
Start of Month Challenge

Event Pokémon
Tapu Bulu: Base 70 Grass-type w/ Block Smash++.
Nihilego: Base 70 Poison-type w/ Possession (Delays Disruptions).
Type: Null: Base 70 Normal-type w/ Block Off (Erases 10 Blocks).

EB Prizes
Level 1: 1× Exp. Booster S
Level 2: 2× Exp. Booster S
Level 3: 1× Exp. Booster M
Level 5: 2× Exp. Booster M
Level 8: 1× Exp. Booster L
Level 13: 1× Skill Booster S
Level 21: 1× Skill Booster S
Level 25: 1× Skill Booster M
Level 50: 1× Raise Max Level
Level 75: 1× Mega Speedup
Level 100: 2× Skill Booster M
Level 110: 1× Skill Swapper
Level 120: 2× Mega Speedups
Level 130: 3× Raise Max Level
Level 140: 1× Skill Booster L
Level 150: 2× Level Up

All done.

Last edited:
Not looking forward to all these "Great challenge" stages or the look of that Nihilego, but on the bright side, Shot out grinding on Noivern is cool, considering I missed Hitmonlee and this ability is turning out to be awesome. Mewtwo's also neat, could take Power of 4 to SL3 if I get bored. Do any of the Pikachus have noteworthy abilities to grind?

Type Null's ability looks pretty ridiculous, pending the likely terrible proc rate. Bulu's kind of nice I guess compared to the abilites on Koko and Lele. Nihilego looks underwhelming for the promised difficulty, considering Possession sounds like it'd be a Mind-Zap clone, which means it won't do much on Disruption heavy stages with Disruption Delay, and it's not THAT strong to synergize with Gulpin/Poison Pact teams compared to existing Poisons.

Type Null's ability looks pretty ridiculous, pending the likely terrible proc rate.
SL1: 20% / 30% / 60%
SL2: 30% / 40% / 70%
SL3: 40% / 50% / 80%
SL4: 50% / 60% / 90%
SL5: 60% / 70% / 100%
120 SP total to max it out.

Possession has 40%, 50%, 55%, 60%, 73% from SL1 to SL5 respectively. Same rates for matches 3, 4, and 5. 100 SP total to max out.

Nihilego's stage has just under 10k HP, 15 moves, and a forced Espeon support. The catch rate is 70% base, so even if you use every move the most you'll need is one Great Ball. So that's nice. Probably going to run a Psychic team on my end (Mewtwo Y, Cresselia, LDE Victini and Unown !) because of the barrier disruptions.

Do we have a SE Shot-Out user for Nihilego? The Mewtwo strategy seems like it'd work, but 10k HP also suggest Burst damage is up for consideration. I guess it's nice at least that it's just an "if you clear it, you catch it" scenario, but I'll need to keep some coins aside for it during my Noivern grind (whether or not I do an item run for Mewtwo Comp).

On the bright side, Decidueye might go easier since I've got stuff like Burn+ Ninetales and finally Cookied Heatran

Last edited:
It's like "hey we hear that you hate near-impossible (read: full-item run) stages with low catch rates that require 3 Great Balls to capture, so we'll give you a high catch rate, only that you need to pay 20,000 coins to play".

Might run MMY, Victini, Cresselia, Deoxys-A for Nihilego.

Last edited:
Nihilego caught a few minutes ago. I won with 2 moves left, and luckily it stayed in the poke ball. I spent like half an hour wondering what the optimal team was, and in the end I went for M-Beedrill (13, fully candied), Mewtwo (15, Po4 SL3), Cresselia (10, SL2) and Victini (10, LDE SL3). Mewtwo and Victini dealt most of the damage (931x4 and 2250x2). Diancie and Mewtwo can be considered as potential megas, but I didn't feel like gambling on Diancie's MB+, and I wanted unevolved Mewtwo to fully exploit Po4. Now I'm glad I'm done with this stupid stage, but at the same time I'm really worried about the future UB challenges.

Ha, I finished with 3 moves left and it broke out of the Poke Ball at 76%, because why not? Gonna try finish getting Mewtwo to SL4, maybe SL5 but at the same time I need coins.

Caught Nihilego myself using Mega Mewtwo Y, Lando-T, and two other good Psychics to exploit the Espeon Support. The HP is so low and I was prepared to use a Great Ball given what else the stage was costing me. Caught in the Pokeball with 82% at least.

Down to 44k coins, need to get back to farming Noivern for Decidueye Escalation (forced Decidueye Support on later stages = Easy Shot out damage). Mewtwo's halfway to SL3-> 4, but he's here another week so he'll probably have to wait.

I have around 3k coins left after Nihilego. Hoping for some good RNG from Friday Meowth so I can get back to Noivern. Still need to do the Shiny Mewtwo X Competition, too.

Start of Month challenge is up now.

Caught Nihilego in a Poke Ball after going down to the last move with the Psychic team. Cresselia ended up being damage and that's all because of the 5th support.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Is Block Shot Shaymin worth grinding for Decidueye? Or should I go with another team for it?
Shaymin-S is alright, but out of the things to PSB farm, Noivern is probably the better choice IMO. Shot Out is a ridiculously useful ability with the damage potential and you can pretty much use it anywhere by simply bringing only three supports (to a four support stage). You also kinda need Noivern's Shot Out if you want to score well in the Shiny MMX competition.

That's not to say that Shaymin-S is a bad thing to farm, not at all, especially since Block Shot gives Flying-type teams much needed offensively-inclined block removal, but comparing to Noivern, it's not a first choice this week.

The big strike against Shaymin for me is that besides Block Shot being a bit less powerful than Noivern's Shot Out, Mewtwo is competing for Hearts since Po4 makes it a good Psychic Burster (overlaps Fighting coverage) and drops RML's, plus people want to keep their coin totals relatively high for Decidueye after buying the Noivern runs and a MMX run (I'm skimping on that for the moment since I still have a couple of main stages to pay through after Decidueye is done, plus Tapu Bulu to catch next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)