Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

For the EB, I haven't powered up any of the super-effective megas (Ampharos, Manectric, Sceptile, Venusaur), so I'm relying on Rayquaza and maybe Shiny Rayquaza (haven't needed to yet). Hope they can get me through. Super Bolt's come in clutch as well. I'm halfway through and hopefully will be done by the end of Sunday so I can get back to grinding Gulpin.

I'm mostly riding on RT Emolga for this, don't have any investment in other hard hitters like Angrychu or Virizion, so might not be able to do cheap clears of the boss levels. S-Ray and Gengar for the 3-mon stretch so far.

Suggestions for stage 100 of the EB? I just did a few itemless runs with various teams, but I can't figure out a strategy to beat it with just AP+ and M+5 (which seem to be more than enough for most players). Sadly I'm a bit lacking in the anti-water department (no invested Emolga, Carnivine or Angrychu), so I fear this stage will be really troublesome...

Suggestions for stage 100 of the EB? I just did a few itemless runs with various teams, but I can't figure out a strategy to beat it with just AP+ and M+5 (which seem to be more than enough for most players). Sadly I'm a bit lacking in the anti-water department (no invested Emolga, Carnivine or Angrychu), so I fear this stage will be really troublesome...
Someone beats 100 itemless so I guess Atk+5 is still possible with an average team. Rayquaza, Primarina and 2 strongest AP pokemon should be the goto option (it's safe if you can deal >40-50% itemless). Otherwise, throw in a MS and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the advice. Despite the awful results during the test runs, I stubbornly tried with AP+ and M+5 only. Everything went surprisingly well, and I won with 6 moves left. My team was M-Rayquaza (10, 20/20), Virizion (15, SL3), Bellossom (15, SL4) and Primaria (2, SL1).

I'm so glad I maxed out Angrychu. Sure it still fails me now and then, but it saved me from doing another run at level 100. Perfect timing that I can run Meowth soon to bolster my coin stash for the incoming boss levels.

I'm waiting for a repeat of Virizion or for another PSB grindable mon before I invest in a second anti-Water, as I don't trust Angrychu procs. How many PSB repeats have we had among special stages? Only one I know is Ash-Greninja.

I'm waiting for a repeat of Virizion or for another PSB grindable mon before I invest in a second anti-Water, as I don't trust Angrychu procs. How many PSB repeats have we had among special stages? Only one I know is Ash-Greninja.
I'm sure we've had Zekrom before, or at least I'm 80% sure, but I can't really remember what else.

I am struggling to beat 131-139 with MRay, Shaymin (Max), Virizion (10, SL4) / Raikou (15, SL3), Primarina. I've tried Bellowsom (Max) and MBee --> MRay but it still sucks. At least I'm at 137 right now.

Incineroar was so much easier with max A-Greninja. :(. I'm considering dropping 5 RMLs into Virizion since I placed in T1 of last week's comp + I lack any burst damage mons for water types.

Also: if any of you are NA daily mobile players that would like to add me please let me know. I'm at 30/30 right now but will happily remove redditors in lieu of Smogon peeps.

Last edited:
Has anybody cleared stage 140 yet? If so, is the M-Alakazam+all items bar C-1 strategy advisable? I've just read about a guy who failed the stage 4 times with this team, so I'm really hesitant to try it myself. However, I'm not willing to use a C-1 for both 140 and 150, so if it turns out to be necessary to ensure a win, I'll probably stop at 130.

Has anybody cleared stage 140 yet? If so, is the M-Alakazam+all items bar C-1 strategy advisable? I've just read about a guy who failed the stage 4 times with this team, so I'm really hesitant to try it myself. However, I'm not willing to use a C-1 for both 140 and 150, so if it turns out to be necessary to ensure a win, I'll probably stop at 130.
You need good burst damage procs (Emolga, Virizion) alongside RNG-blessed skyfall. Otherwise, you will fail. If you read those who were successful with MZam they all mention their burst damage mons carried alongside relatively good RNG.

Believe me, don't be cheap and use C-1. It's possible without C-1 but you need the RNG on your side. I tried and failed with a sliver of health, and in my run Emolga did >3k damage many times. You need combo and sleep charm/mind zap just after DD ends, bc if it starts disrupting, you are likely to fail.
I had to use a jewel to win, bc I without C-1 it's not a sure win, and a jewel = a full item run.

Do a full item run. You can cheap out an MS maybe, but use a C-1.

Last edited:
Thank you very much guys. The RNG has been really unfavorable to me lately, so it goes without saying that both 140 and 150 would be a complete disaster if I tried them. I'm definitely stopping at 130 this time.

Thank you very much guys. The RNG has been really unfavorable to me lately, so it goes without saying that both 140 and 150 would be a complete disaster if I tried them. I'm definitely stopping at 130 this time.
For the record, if you go with Full items, use a Tapper instead of Alakazam. The clears I saw using it didn't bring the C-1 to save Coins and since he could eat the 5th Support Blocks. This EB is pricy, but I'm close enough to 150, just need to grind up Coins for the last Boss stage and then back to Meowth Farming until next week's content.

Luckily I have a C-1 sitting in my inventory from the postponed bonus prize thing a week ago. Bless Angrychu for two 9,999 damage triggers on stage 140.

Last edited:
May 23rd new content
Mudsdale Appears!
Rowlet Appears!
New Pokémon Safari [Grubbin (35%), Charjabug (13%), Vikavolt (3%), Crabrawler (33%), Crabominable (16%)]
New Daily Pokémon (Pyukumuku, Oricorio Sensu Style, Mudbray, Dartrix, Oricorio Baile Style)
Incineroar Competitive Stage

Returning Content
None

Future Content
TBD

New Pokemon
Rowlet: Grass type, 50 BP, Rock Shot
Dartrix: Grass type, 60 BP, Last-Ditch Effort
Grubbin: Bug type, 50 BP, Rock Break
Charjabug: Bug type, 60 BP, Bug Combo
Vikavolt: Bug type, 70 BP, Cross Attack+
Crabrawler: Fighting type, 50 BP, Heavy Hitter
Crabominable: Fighting type, 60 BP, Counterattack+
Mudbray: Ground type, 50 BP, Eject
Mudsdale: Ground type, 70 BP, 4 Up
Pyukumuku: Water type, 60 BP, Astonish
Oricorio Sensu Style: Ghost type, 60 BP, Three Force
Oricorio Baile Style: Fire type, 60 BP, Three Force

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
New Content
Decidueye EB
Solgaleo Ultra Challenge
Alolan Raichu Great Challenge
Mega Sceptile Mission Card

Returning Content
---

Future Content
Primarina Competition (Bring Decidueye)
Alolan Exeggutor Great Challenge
Alolan Muk Great Challenge
Lurantis Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Another Safari (Alolan Meowth Line, Bounsweet Line)

Pokémon
Decidueye: Base 70 Grass-type w/ Super Arrow.
Solgaleo: Base 80 Steel-type w/ Metal Combo.
Alolan Raichu: Base 60 Psychic-type w/ Risk-Taker.
---
Alolan Exeggutor: Base 70 Grass-type w/ Full Power.
Alolan Muk: Base 70 Dark-type w/ Counterattack+.
Lurantis: Base 60 Grass-type w/ Leaf Combo.
Alolan Meowth: Base 40 Dark-type w/ Shot Out.
Alolan Persian: Base 60 Dark-type w/ Blindside.
Bounsweet: Base 30 Grass-type w/ Quirky+.
Steenee: Base 40 Grass-type w/ Paralysis Combo.
Tsareena: Base 70 Grass-type w/ Crushing Step.

EB Prizes
Lv1: 1× Exp. Booster S.
Lv2: 1× Exp. Booster S.
Lv3: 1× Exp. Booster S.
Lv5: 1× Exp. Booster S.
Lv8: 1× Exp. Booster S.
Lv13: 1× Exp. Booster S.
Lv21: 1× Exp. Booster S.
Lv25: 1× Mega Speedup.
Lv50: 1× Raise Max Level.
Lv75: 1× Raise Max Level.
Lv100: 2× Skill Booster M.
Lv110: 1× Skill Swapper.
Lv120: 1× Mega Speedup.
Lv130: 2× Raise Max Level.
Lv140: 2× Mega Speedup.
Lv150: 3× Raise Max Level.

Last edited:
About what I expected for this week. Decidueye is weak to Shiny Ray, Sky Blast teams, and we have Alolan Ninetales for a Disruption Staller on Ice Dance teams as well if you did PSB grinding.

I started to grind Vanillish but I can't find a team that can consistently beat it. Best bet right now is Zard Y I guess.
From my experience, the best is a candied and skill swapped Diancie + 3 hard-hitters (Machamp, Emboar and Mawile). I used this team from SL4,2 onwards, and never failed the stage. Before investing in M-Diance, however, my team was M-Aggron, Jirachi, Machamp and Emboar. Although I had a few losses here and there, it was a pretty reliable team.

From my experience, the best is a candied and skill swapped Diancie + 3 hard-hitters (Machamp, Emboar and Mawile). I used this team from SL4,2 onwards, and never failed the stage. Before investing in M-Diance, however, my team was M-Aggron, Jirachi, Machamp and Emboar. Although I had a few losses here and there, it was a pretty reliable team.
Thanks, I SSed and MSUed my Diancie and it worked quite well. I finished the EB and tried grinding Vanillish, beat it 8 times out of 10, though coincidentally the two failures were the only ones where a PSB dropped lmao.

EDIT: Have since changed Mawile to Heatran for the LDE damage, working like a charm.

Last edited:
June 6th new content
Alolan Exeggutor Stage
Alolan Muk Stage
Lurantis Stage (costs 300 coins; drops PSB's)
New Pokémon Safari (Alolan Meowth, Alolan Persian, Bounsweet, Steenee and Tsareena)
Primarina Competitive Stage

Returning Content
Daily Pokémon #7 (Wishiwashi, Komala, Fomantis, Torracat, Oricorio [Pom Pom Style]; drops coins)

Future Content
Ash Hat Pikachu

New Pokémon
Alolan Exeggutor: Grass-type, 70 BP, Full Power
Alolan Muk: Dark-type, 70 BP, Counterattack+
Lurantis: Grass-type, 60 BP, Leaf Combo
Alolan Meowth: Dark-type, 40 BP, Shot Out
Alolan Persian: Dark-type, 60 BP, Blindside
Bounsweet: Grass-type, 30 BP, Quirky+
Steenee: Grass-type, 40 BP, Paralysis Combo
Tsareena: Grass-type, 70 BP, Crushing Step

New Skills
Full Power: Rarely, attacks do a ton more damage (x8) when you make a match of four
Leaf Combo: Increases damage of Grass-type moves in a Combo by 50% (activation rates 15%/35%/60%)
Blindside: Sometimes erases two extra matching Pokémon elsewhere (activation rates 60%/100%/100%)
Crushing Step: Can delay your opponent's disruptions for a turn and also increases damage (x2) (activation rates 30%/40%/50%)

Primarina seems to disrupt with a variety of grass Pokémon, Mega Sceptile appears to be the mega of choice.
Mega Diancie destroys Alolan Muk.

Last edited:
So I tried to run Lurantis a bit for PSB's, and my Luck was absolute garbage. I blew through 10k coins before it dropped enough PSB's to reach SL2, so that plan got cut short. Gonna take it to Magearna tomorrow and try to run it on my Primarina team. C-1 means the combos can get insane with Sceptile.

What's the drop rate for PSBs in main stages? I swear I haven't gotten a single Skarmory drop in ten attempts at the stage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)