Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

I got Rowlet Unity Power to SL4, then promptly forgot to level it up using Magearna... Let's hope there's no competition or event that Rowlet would be useful for. Luckily the next Ultra Beast should be Pheromosa, so unless they pull an inverse battle-type deal, it should be fine. (but hey that's a good idea!)

I might just barely get Rowlet to SL5 if I keep up the grind. If not he'll need a small Cookie or two. Main thing is I need some RML's for him before next time Magearna happens.

This week's been good, curious to see what they do with Pheromosa or whatever other content is coming up. If Pheromosa were a Bug version of Buzzwole, wonder how it would do overall.

I was forced to stop with about 75% of the way to go to from SL4 to SL5. Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to replenish my coins, so they'll probably unleash some coin sinks this week.

I'm actually sitting at capped coins and am done with Rowlet, so grinding Croagunk to SL4 before whatever drops tonight, since I'll probably have to go through Coin sinks and then return to Meowth.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
New Content
Zygarde-Complete Competition (Bring Alolan Sandslash)

Returning Content
Cosmoem Once-a-Day (Drops PSB, Exp. Booster M, Skill Booster L)
Alolan Sandslash Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Araquanid Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Popplio Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Daily Pokémon #7 (Drops Coins)

Future Content
N/A - One Week Update

Event Pokémon
N/A

EB Prizes
N/A

All done.

Got SL5 Unity Power Rowlet this week. Another decent burst vs. water. If I went for SL5 Rock Shot, my drop rate was bad enough that I would not have made it.

Last edited:
Oh boy, another Shot Out grind. Least it's right after getting some good Burst with Rowlet. Also got coins to burn on Sandslash for a more budget friendly Ice Dancer, here's hoping drops are kind.

Sandslash isn't the most consistent to get clears on for me, experimenting with full Burst vs Burn+ vs Disruption busting and LDE. Araquanid thankfully is fairly easy, just use Beedrill and your best Burst damagers, or at least sufficient ones who could use a little EXP (in my case Alola Cap Pikachu and Rowlet).

Need to win some RML's for Rowlet.

Last edited:
Guess I'll bore myself to death with Araquanid.

Not enough coins to grind Sandslash to max, and honestly not bothered to get high scores for the competition.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I did the Shot Out grind for Araquanid last time around and Skill Boosted Popplio when it came out because I am a madman so this is a fairly quiet week for me (no interest in farming anything else). Going to finish up Rayquaza challenge and then enjoy a break of sorts (SM 2.0 time with Trevenant most likely) since I'm good on coins.

I went into Araquanid with Mega Diancie, Angrychu, and Rowlet. Couldn't get Rowlet to proc for the life of me even with 5-matches, only to realise Rowlet has Unity Power and not Shot Out as I had for some reason thought. Nevertheless, Unity Power didn't proc either, so RIP me. Forgot that I had gotten it to SL3 the last time it was around so, barring terrible drop rates, I should have some time to do some other grinding.

I'm surprise no-one mentioned how much of a PITFA Necrozoma is! I had to spend I think a minimum of 120,000 coins in total on the damned thing, 80,000 of which I actually had to pay for! The disruptions towards the end, the tankiness, and the low capture ratio combined to make this thing an unholy coin black hole.

Needless to say, I now hate Necrozoma, and look forward to beating the shit out of one in Ultra Moon.

I guess I got lucky with Necrozma, one full item run with Tyranitar and a SP team got me the capture with one Great Ball. I definitely hear talk that it's a Coin sink, but nothing on quite the level of horror described for the average person here.

Same here. A full item run with M-Heracross, Duskull, Darkrai and Hoopa-U was enough to beat and catch it (with a Great Ball, of course). Now I'm grinding Popplio, but the drop rate is really terrible, I suppose I'll have to stop at SL4.

Looks like I need about 15-20 more drops to get Araquanid to SL5. So yeah terrible drop rates are doing me in...

EDIT: For Necrozma, I don't really remember who I went in with, but I was able to complete it in one attempt and caught it at around 20% I think.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
New Content
Free Shiny Gardevoir
Magearna EB
Winking Froakie Great Challenge
Ribombee Great Challenge
Celesteela UB Challenge (20,000 Coins for 10 plays, 5× Exp. Booster L for first win)

Returning Content
Alolan Raichu Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Mudsdale Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Daily Pokémon #8 (Drops Coins)
Victini/K-Meowth/Wobbuffet/Carnivine Rotation

Future Content
Start of Month Challenge
Mega Gardevoir Competition (Bring Toxapex, Celesteela)
Incineroar EB
New Safari (Cutiefly 30% / Morelull 26.67% / Winking Flabébé 23.33% / Winking Floette 10% / Winking Snubbull 6.67% / Shiinotic 3.33%)
Winking Fennekin Great Challenge
Toxapex Great Challenge
Salazzle Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Daily Pokémon #9 (Drops Coins)

Event Pokémon
Shiny Gardevoir: Base 70 Fairy-type w/ Stabilise.
Shiny Mega Gardevoir: Fairy-type, 10 icons, 4 speedups, erases icons in an O-Shaped pattern.
Winking Fennekin: Base 50 Water-type w/ Pyre.
Winking Froakie: Base 50 Water-type w/ Big Wave.
Cutiefly: Base 50 Fairy-type w/ Crowd Control+.
Ribombee: Base 60 Fairy-type w/ Paralyse+.
Celesteela: Base 70 Steel-type w/ Eliminate (Removes all non-supports).
Winking Flabébé: Base 50 Fairy-type w/ Mega Boost++.
Winking Floette: Base 60 Fairy-type w/ Quirky++.
Winking Snubbull: Base 50 Fairy-type w/ Spookify+.
Morelull: Base 40 Grass-type w/ Stabilise++.
Shiinotic: Base 60 Grass-type w/ Shot Out. Can take up to 5 RML's.
Toxapex: Base 60 Poison-type w/ Barrier Shot. Can take up to 10 RML's.

EB Prizes
Magearna

Lv1: 1× Exp. Booster S
Lv5: 1× Exp. Booster S
Lv10: 2× Exp. Booster S
Lv15: 3× Exp. Booster S
Lv20: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv25: 2× Exp. Booster M
Lv30: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv35: 3× Exp. Booster M
Lv40: 4× Exp. Booster M
Lv45: 1× Exp. Booster L
Lv50: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv60: 1× Raise Max Level
Lv70: 2× Raise Max Level
Lv80: 3× Raise Max Level
Lv90: 4× Raise Max Level
Lv96: 5× Exp. Booster L
Lv97: 1× Level Up
Lv98: 1× Skill Booster M
Lv99: 2× Level Up
Lv100: 1× Skill Swapper

Incineroar
---

More to come.

Last edited:
Celesteela is much like Xurkitree, bring the featured SE support (Mudsdale) for some free disruptions. Fairly tanky, but easy enough to catch. 20% + 2% per move, finish with 15 moves for a guaranteed Great Ball catch. Neat looking ability, removes all non-Support Mons, not sure what the damage multiplier is.

Probably gonna farm Mudsdale a bit. 54 PSB's to max 4-Up for a Ground type and I'll cross fingers for RML's down the line. Alolan Raichu's less exciting with Risk Taker's age and competition like Mewtwo, but it's a nice place to look for newbie Psychic Burst. 50% Drop rates on both mean they shouldn't be too heavy as investments once Magearna Escalation is cleared out.

Next week will have a Safari and an Incineroar Escalation, so watch your coin counts and prep Fire Supports where possible. Araquanid might get its shot sooner than expected.

Last edited:
Been working a bit on Mudsdale...not too bad for drops so far.
It's 50%, which combined with Ground coverage and the really low threshold to max (54 PSB's for SL5), I decided "why not" and leveled it in case of RML's.

Magearna's going well, haven't had to use items for any stage up to 70 (albeit that took some RNG and an extra heart on some bosses). Good too since evidently there's a long streak of annoying bosses for the last set of stages.

EDIT: Just hit the last levels, and they are indeed obnoxious. Mediocre Burst damagers and no leveled LDE/Steely Resolve user means I'll probably need to avoid cheaping out despite the HP totals. Combos won't be the best without a MS tapper because of Forced Magearna support. Gonna stop at 99 because I don't ed the Skill Booster and Croagunk needs some more SL's.

Last edited:
Before you move on to stage 100, really ask yourself if a Skill Swapper is worth a full item run. IMO they should've thrown in 2 more Skill Swappers or maybe give us Skill Boosters instead for stage 100, oh well. Onto Mudsdale I guess.

December 5th New Content
Pokémon Safari (Morelull, Shiinotic, Cutiefly, Flabébé [Winking], Floette [Winking], Snubbull [Winking])
Fennekin (Winking) Great Challenge
Shiny Mega Gardevoir Competition
Toxapex Great Challenge; costs 300 coins

Returning Content
Daily Pokémon #9 (Pyukumuku, Oricorio Sensu, Mudbray, Dartrix, Oricorio Baile); drops coins (100 coins - 50%, 300 coins - 12.5%, 2,000 coins - 3.125%)
Salazzle High-Speed Challenge; costs 300 coins, drops PSBs (25%, 12.5%, 6.25%)
Incineroar Escalation Battle - 7 DAYS ONLY

Future Content
30 new Main Stages
Shiny Xerneas
Shiny Yveltal

Fennekin (Winking): Fire-type, 50 BP, Pyre
Morelull: Grass-type, 40 BP, Stabilize++
Shiinotic: Grass-type, 60 BP, Shot Out (can take 5 RMLs)
Cutiefly: Fairy-type, 50 BP, Crowd Control+
Flabébé (Winking): Fairy-type, 50 BP, Mega Boost++
Floette (Winking): Fairy-type, 60 BP, Quirky++
Snubbull (Winking): Fairy-type, 50 BP, Spookify+
Toxapex: Poison-type, 60 BP, Barrier Shot (can take 10 RMLs)
Pikachu (Mushroom Harvest): Electric-type, 50 BP, Counterattack+

Stage 25: 1 Mega Speedup
Stage 50: 1 Skill Swapper
Stage 75: 1 Raise Max Level
Stage 100: 1 Mega Speedup
Stage 110: 1 Raise Max Level
Stage 120: 1 Mega Speedup
Stage 130: 2 Raise Max Levels
Stage 140: 2 Raise Max Levels
Stage 150: 3 Raise Max Levels

Last edited:
Stage 25: 1 Mega Speedup
Stage 50: 1 Skill Swapper
Stage 75: 1 Raise Max Level
Stage 100: 1 Mega Speedup
Stage 110: 1 Raise Max Level
Stage 120: 1 Mega Speedup
Stage 130: 2 Raise Max Levels
Stage 140: 2 Raise Max Levels
Stage 150: 3 Raise Max Levels
Uh...what an underwhelming list of prizes...For the first time I'm tempted to skip an EB entirely :/

Uh...what an underwhelming list of prizes...For the first time I'm tempted to skip an EB entirely :/
They apparently didn't change anything from the first one. That means no HP increase, same stages, same disruptions. Probably a cheaper run than last time if you have Araquanid invested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)