Pokemon Region & Location Discussion

The Pokemon main series brought us many memorable creature designs, attacks, and characters since its inception. In addition to these, the regions these games are set in are remarkable worlds that capture the imagination and inspire players. We have a thread for Favorite Ingame Locations on OI already. This thread will address anything from general observations/impressions to theories about how these regions would actually function if they existed. You can also post about any lasting memories or inspirations the games have brought you (did one of the coastal towns encourage you to want to live by the sea? Did the crazy Team Galactic research labs in Veilstone City inspire you to become a scientist? Things of that nature).
One example that I would like to mention comes from the OI discord (a discord I encourage you all to check out). DHR and CRoll were discussing methods of how goods would be imported to the Kanto region. If I recall this correctly, goods would travel from Vermillion City to Celadon, Saffron, etc by coastal routes. One idea I appended is that the train station in Saffron would have alternative rail lines that would deliver goods to Viridian & Pewter Cities, since those areas are harder to access by other conventional routes. With these interpretations, I envision an operation akin to the Ports of LA and Long Beach, where barges unload their cargo and trains send it to wherever it needs to go.
With that, please refrain from wishlisting in this thread and have fun!

Last edited:
The Pokemon games I own are Emerald and Channel, and I beat them years ago, but a few locations from them stick out to me.

Trick House- This place was so fun. Whenever I dropped by to pay the Trick Master a visit, I knew I was in for a good time. Such a shame that you can't replay the puzzles. Please come back, Trick Master. I miss you.

Route 111 Rest House
- I remember getting stuck here for a while because that crazy old lady kept saying my Pokemon were still tired.

Route 120- For a long time, the south-westernmost bush was my secret base (pretty sure it still is). Not only is it easy to get to from Lilycove, but it has a garden outside (RIP internal battery) and Registeel is literally right next door.

Ruins of Truth- This place always intrigued me as a kid. Maybe because it doesn't open until fairly late in the game, or that it's sort of a fire-based temple found in a snowy area. Either way, it's by far the most memorable area of the game (which isn't saying much).

Great idea for a thread. I don't have much to add right now, but one thing I would be curious to hear people's thoughts on is what the governments look like in the "regions."

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've always been a really big fan of Hoenn's geography and the places you go to there. You have Route 113's perpetual ash rain (and really kickass music), the jungle areas around Fortree, Sootopolis City's white rocks and being located in a sinkhole/crater/whatever, Pacifidlog Town just sitting in the middle of the ocean with wooden houses on top of a reef, and the Sunken Ship (or Sea Mauville).

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
I've always been a really big fan of Hoenn's geography and the places you go to there. You have Route 113's perpetual ash rain (and really kickass music), the jungle areas around Fortree, Sootopolis City's white rocks and being located in a sinkhole/crater/whatever, Pacifidlog Town just sitting in the middle of the ocean with wooden houses on top of a reef, and the Sunken Ship (or Sea Mauville).
It personally annoyed me that the "jungle" area in those games were still full of the regular pine trees. It didn't look like a jungle at all, and I was hyped for ORAS to fix that... which they failed to do.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
It personally annoyed me that the "jungle" area in those games were still full of the regular pine trees. It didn't look like a jungle at all, and I was hyped for ORAS to fix that... which they failed to do.
It's personally never bothered me that much largely because something about the rain in that general location is just really soothing, and I generally really enjoy the atmosphere that comes with a light rainfall. Plus the music is nice.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)