Mafia vs Village Pokemon Reborn Mafia - GAME OVER, Totally Not Dead (Mafia) win!

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
BOOM!

You all hear a gigantic crash, followed immediately by an explosion coming from the Lower Peridot Ward. Some of you narrowly escape this terrorist attack, while others smile at a job well done. Flames spurt out from the train station of this run-down, dirty metropolis. In Episode 17 there will be a giant cinematic scene where Ame will save the Player Character by shoving them out of a window, but that's not canon. Yet.

All of you in your own due time end up investigating this crash. When you come across the scene, you see a police officer and his pokemon interrogating what you assume to be a suspect. The police officer seems a bit flustered and out of his element, but his partner seems like he's all business.

USER,

You are Bad Cop Torkoal.

When the culprit that bombed the train station gets caught, your partner plays the good cop to try to get him to spill the beans. Unfortunately, he's not very good at it, so you come in to superheat the metal, causing severe pain to the grunt. Naturally, all torture works, and with this you are able to learn the location of his allies.

Night X - Superheat user: You will heat up the metal around user, causing them to scream in agony.

You are among Reborn's most trusted citizens. You win if all threats are eliminated.
Not wanting to interfere with police business, many of you make your way to the Grand Hall -- and those of you who don't on account of being...more than a bit suspicious characters know someone who did. There you find two people who introduce themselves as your hosts.

These hosts pose a very simple question: "Can you save the region of Reborn?" It's quite clear that there are certain people, certain factions who want the world reshaped in their own image. While most of you are well aware of Team Meteor's antics, these factions have seemed to take the forefront in this battle.

The Many Faces of ZEL seem to have been involved in the destruction of the once great and clean city of Reborn. Little is known about ZEL, although some have said that this schizophrenic lunatic has their hands involved in many of the aspects of the decline in the region.

The People Who Totally Don't Die seem to have an entirely different agenda entirely. You see, this course of events has happened before. Train crash, heading to the Grand Hall...this path has been walked hundreds upon hundreds of times. Each time, these individuals are simply fated to die. They see this particular iteration of the world as their chance to break out of this cycle.

These hosts implore you,
Reborn's Most Trusted Citizens, to right the ship and bring this region back to its former glory.

---

Welcome to Pokemon Reborn Mafia! This is a standard 2 mafia 1 village game with 17 players. The village is Reborn's Most Trusted Citizens, while The Many Faces of ZEL and The People Who Totally Don't Die are the two separate mafia factions. Winning would involve killing both of your opposing factions off or advancing the game to a point where such an event is unavoidable.

Every character is derived from the Pokemon fan game Pokemon Reborn. The Pokemon Reborn wiki is a decent resource to get a better sense of what your character does or did in the plot (although it isn't updated or as complete as one might like). Even just googling stuff or searching on the Pokemon Reborn Forums can answer some questions.

If you're curious about anything else about Pokemon Reborn, feel free to ask me or Paperblade. You will probably be able to tell through the game flavor that there's a lot of stuff that's pretty edgy and dumb in the game, but we (usually) legitimately enjoy it and have a pretty good idea of who does what, so feel free to use us as a resource.

---

Rules (shamelessly stolen/tweaked from GUZMAfia)
1. Do not copy/paste or screenshot your Role PM or results.
2. Do not talk to dead users (unless you are a member of one of the two mafia factions and are talking to a dead teammate).
3. There are two phases to each cycle; day and night. Each phase will last 48 real life hours.
4. During the day, a vote will be held to kill off one of you. To vote, post vote USER. If you change your vote you must go unbold your old vote. You may edit posts but you may not edit a current vote into an old post, you must make a new post.
5. If you idle during the night your team and I will call you a cuck and you will be subbed out. Send in your night actions, or inform us if you are intentionally idling!
6. Please add me (and Paperblade) to ALL Smogon conversations and Discord servers. I will be in #circus on Discord, as will Paperblade. Also to all sheets, ask for my and Paper's emails if you don't know them. Send me logs you find interesting if you want a more interesting post game.
8. This is a Pokemon Reborn-based game, consider the implications for your results.
9. We'll help with fake claims (even if you're village) as needed. Be aware the mafia have been pre-provided with fake claim materials, so just because someone claims something no one else has doesn't mean they're a villager.
10. Standard Circus rules not above apply (don't add people later to an already spoken in conversation -- especially role PM convos, don't screenshot, etc.). Ask if you need clarification.
11. If confused by anything in your role PM, feel free to ask us. Otherwise, feel free to consult the stickied resource threads to see if that might answer your question.

Living Player List:

1. Steven Snype DeathByWobbuffet Former Hope
  2. ItzViper482
  3. Hitmonleet
  4. mxmts
  5. Haruno
Dead Player List
  1. Champ1604 - Village Reverse Martyr + Hook if previously targeted her
  2. Granny Pie - Village 1x Dead Ability User
  3. Earlio - Village Vigilante + Non-Voter
  4. Aura Guardian - Totally Not Dead Hook + Gender Check
  5. Flyhn - Village Bodyguard
  6. shubaka17 - Totally Not Dead "silencer" + 1x suicide for mass village silence
  7. zorbees - ZEL Non-Kill Martyr + Power up upon PC death
  8. XnadrojX - ZEL Gambit Delayed Hooker + Inspect
  9. Ditto - Village Inspector + Secret Yes/No Asker
  10. Martin - Village Balloon Giver + Alignment Check on Balloon Popper
  11. HeaLnDeaL - ZEL SNIP + 1x Super Mayor Powered by "Totally Not Dead" Deaths + Flying Check
  12. Blazade - Village Fake Result Maker
Subs:

1. MoodyCloud
  2. Aubisio
  3. bluedoom
  4. Former Hope
  5. Vigilante Vigoroth
  6. Walrein
It is now Night 0. Kills are not active on Night 0, but all other actions (unless otherwise stated) are live. Deadline on Friday, October 13th at 6:30 PM PST.

Last edited:

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm going to throw my hat into the ring as a candidate to lead the village, I'm a twin with another useful ability in taking down the mafia. Twin is a really good role to lead the village because we have a very good backup plan in case I die, in that my twin will have all of my info and be able to continue on my legacy.

Generally I'd say just to randtarget with your actions, particularly info roles, and idle anything that could be harmful if you hit a villager. However, the more people share info with me, the more I'll be able to piece things together to get good actions going.

I will be leading this village I am a good role for leader (to be divulged later, probably D1) and have the role name Ho-oh.

I expect everyone to send me their role names ASAP so that I can have something to hold you to later. If you're willing to tell me the general realm of your role (ie info, control, protective, etc) than I can give good targets for those with a minimum of risk but I expect all the mafia among you will cry when I ask for that so ya.

tl;dr I'm leading send me role names asap tyty

I will be leading this village I am a good role for leader (to be divulged later, probably D1) and have the role name Ho-oh.

I expect everyone to send me their role names ASAP so that I can have something to hold you to later. If you're willing to tell me the general realm of your role (ie info, control, protective, etc) than I can give good targets for those with a minimum of risk but I expect all the mafia among you will cry when I ask for that so ya.

tl;dr I'm leading send me role names asap tyty
ur not even in this game

Unfortunately DLE is busy so you get my effortful update

You all gather around at the Grand Hall, where a Misty Field has taken hold. As you do a headcount, you find that Haruno is missing.

Results are going out.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
please talk to me about any results so i can find the scum, i did not get a lot of claims n0 so i couldnt coordinate a ton but hopefully we'll have something

Hi just posting here so it shows up on my alerts.

I'm on discord as Bomb Moss and on PS! in the Mafia Room doing dumb things if fsr you don't want to use Smogon conversations.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
I'm going to present my best lead and let you guys decide if its worth lynching, otherwise I'd advise we vote no lynch unless new evidence shows up. Personally though, I think it is worth a shot.

lynch Champ1604

Champ claimed

Hooker + Self Redirector (Can redirect someone to myself)

which isn't suspicious by itself, but self-redirect (also known as martyr) is my ability (besides having a twin). I really doubt we have two martyrs on the village, and I proved my ability by targeting mxmts who should be able to confirm (he confirmed to me privately but would like him to do so publicly). I tried to test Champ with another role last night to get definitive proof but I misinterpreted how that role would work and messed up the test.

We can very easily test Champ again this night to be certain, and lynch him tomorrow, but if there is a good chance he is mafia, why not lynch him today and maybe have a chance at someone else tomorrow?

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
You all gather again at the Grand Hall and stand around waiting for your two hosts to appear. They file in a bit on the late side, but they show up.

"Reborn's must trusted citizens, have you found a troublemaker?"

Most of you remain silent, but a few of you speak up.

" Champ1604 "

The hosts raise their eyebrows a bit. "...Alright. What a shame. I thought we could trust her."

"Saphira? Deal with this."

A pink haired woman stands up from a couch off on the far end of the hall and slowly starts to walk over. Two red beams flash.

"Dragonite. Extremespeed."

The second flash sends out an Aegislash, but it's a bit late to defend its trainer, as its trainer's corpse bloodies up the floor.

Champ1604,

You are Titania. Edgelord extraordinaire, you're in a same-sex relationship despite being straight, because you're incapable of expressing your emotions like a normal human being, instead opting to be a total bitch to everyone. In the ultimate act of passive aggression, you left your diary out for the Player Character to find, then blamed them when they read it and your not-waifu found out.

Night X - Accuse user of reading my diary: You don't know if they actually looked at your diary, but if they did, they'll be hooked because they'll be speechless at your silly expectations of no one to read a diary left out in the open.

Night X - Jump off a waterfall for user: You care a lot about your friends. The saying “don’t set yourself on fire to keep someone else warm” means nothing to you. You will go to such lengths as to make any actions targeting this user target you instead on account of people being very confused as to how you spontaneously created a waterfall to perform this action.

You are among Reborn's most trusted citizens. You win if all threats are eliminated.
Your hosts shake their heads and walk off.

Haruno walks into the Grand Hall a bit after this, asking if he missed anything. He's no longer kidnapped.

It is Night 1. Deadline Tuesday, October 17th at 7:30 PM PST.

Last edited:

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
holy shit we just lynched an insane role because he mis-interpreted his role

the latter action is reverse martyr which is a lot more valuable than martyr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)