Pokemon Merchandise thread

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So there's an interesting Pikachu plush promotion called "My Pikachu". The idea behind it is that the Pikachu plush has a few traits about it that can be different between them promising each Pikachu to be unique, whether obvious (such as eye & mouth expression and arm & ear position) or subtle (size & length of body, ears & cheek pouch). These plush also coincide with Earth Day as each plush material is made from recycled bottles!
Here's a short promotion video for it:
So far the promotion is only in Japan, and who knows if it'll come over. There's a cute thing which can be done where, if you don't know what plush to pick, you can shout out "Pikachu" and a store employee will randomly pick a Pikachu and place it in a tree cabinet for you to get (it's behind a door so you don't know what it is until you open it).
Sadly it's not all great news. Due to each Pikachu being unique (each Pikachu comes with its own id code), that means there's a limited supply and it doesn't take long for an entire stock to get purchased (and you better believe scalpers are poaching plenty of them). :pikuh:

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
General Pokémon merchandise really hasn't been anything I've collected too much over the years outside of the games and trading cards. Every now and then I'll find something interesting that I might get for, say, someone's birthday, for example, but I usually won't buy anything for myself. That being said, I was thinking about starting my own kind of collection later this year. I've talked on other threads plenty about how August 7th has become somewhat of a holiday for me regarding the story of how :bw/espeon: became one of my favorite Pokémon alongside Feraligatr, Latios, and Pichu. Case in point, I can't decide if this is something I actually want to try, but would it be worth it to see if I could maybe ask for some of this stuff similar to how one may ask for a birthday present?

1689697687700.png
1689697709809.png
1689697944162.png

Also while I'm here, let me show you this custom Amiibo figure someone made on DeviantArt that's a glimpse of what we could have had for real. :facepalm:

1689698128623.png

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Bunch of Paldea merch is coming, specifically based on certain batch of trainers. Most of the merch is the same stuff just based around focused character, but there are some which are character specific. Specifically:

Penny's Eevee Backpack

Iono's Headband & Bow (as well as earrings of her Magnemite deco)

Rika's Gloves

Think they could have also done Nemona's Glove and Grusha's Scarf, but I'm guessing they have a cost limit to how much merch they can produce. Oh well, at the very least there's the mini plushes and each of the League trainers have a neat keychain accessory with stuff representing them (Larry's is probably going to go fast). Two small oddities though, Larry is partnered with Komola (instead of something like Staraptor which would represent both his Type specialty) and Grusha with Cetoddle (instead of Cetitan).

The SWSH, LA & SV soundtracks are out in Japan now and the physical collection box they have looks really nice
https://www.pokemoncenter-online.co...tm_source=over-lap&utm_campaign=md_240227_250

I assume we'll get the digital soundtracks eventually, but seeing them in their little box makes me wish we'd get it (& their booklets) in English. I'd probably splurge on it.
They do look good!
I'm glad that they've finally released the soundtracks we were missing; hopefully future games don't have such a long wait for theirs!
IMG_0165.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)