Pokemon Merchandise thread

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
(Approved by Codraroll)

Hello, I'm thinking of making a thread of reports (AND discussion) on Pokemon Merchandise, including Japan Pokemon Center and overseas merchandise.
I hope to make a database on what Pokemon are included, and when (year), as well as what type of product it was. (Notebooks/ plushies, etc)

You can report overseas merch and the release date (year, mainly)
e.g. "Pokemon Plush series, 2015 October, USA, Pokemon included: Pikachu, Gengar"

In return, I will also be translating SOME Pokemon Center merchandise into English.
I start from 2015 October releases.
=================

Contents:
1. Overseas
2. Japan (non-Pokemon center)
3. Japan (Pokemon center)

=================

Overseas:
Need your contribution!

Japan (not Pokemon Center)

Description: Pokemon Snack (Salad flavor)
Japanese name: 「ポケモンのおやさいスナック サラダ味」
Company: Tohato
Pre order: nil
Release: Halloween 2015
Pokemon included: Pikachu, Gengar, Pumpkaboo, Litwick.

Description: Pikachu From Around That Time. (Original Anime Pikachu for 20th Anniversary)
Japanese name: あのころのピカチュウ
Company: Banpresto
Pre order: 2016
Pokemon included: Pikachu.

Description: Bandai Misty Figure.
Japanese name: プレミアムバンダイ 「HG カスミ」
Company: Bandai
Pre order: 30th October, 2015
Pokemon included: None. A Misty (Gym leader) figure.

Description: Bandai Brock Figure.
Japanese name: プレミアムバンダイ 「HG タケシ」
Company: Bandai
Pre order: August, 2015
Pokemon included: None. A Brock (Gym leader) figure.

Description: Bannpresto UFO catcher "My Pokemon Collection" series.
Japanese name: MYポケモンコレクション ぬいぐるみ
Company: Banpresto
Pre order: nil
Release: Varies
Pokemon included: Many
Starter series 2 旅立ちの仲間たち~2:
Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Tododile, Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr
The Movie 2015 series ザ・ムービーXY 2015:
Hoopa, Latios, Latias, Dedenne, Pikachu, Lugia.
Dragon series ドラゴン :
Goomy, Goodra, Dratini, Dragonite, Gible, Garchomp.
Trade to evolve series 交換進化 :
Spritzee, Aromatisse, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Gengar, Porygon Z.
Electric series でんき:
Dedenne, Ampharos, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Shinx
Omega Ruby Sapphire series オメガルビー・アルファサファイア~ :
Torchic, Mudkip, Treecko, Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre.

=============================
Japan (Pokemon Center)

Halloween parade 2015
Description: A series of Halloween themed Pokemon products-- key chains, plushies, note books, iPhone case, etc
Japanese name: 「Halloween Parade 2015」
Pre order: Sept, 2015
Pokemon included: Pikachu, Mismagius, Misdreavus, Pumpkaboo, Golbat, Sableye, Trevenant, Phantump, Joltik, Duskull, Litwick.

Halloween parade 2014
Description: A series of Halloween themed Pokemon products-- key chains, plushies, note books, towels, etc
Japanese name: 「Halloween Parade 2015」
Pre order: Sept, 2014
Pokemon included: Pikachu, Zubat, Pumpkaboo, Crobat, Mismagius, Chandelure, Gothitelle, Golbat, Woobat, Gastly, Haunter, Duskull, Jynx, Meloetta, Chatot, Bannette, Misdreavus, Meowstick, Murkrow, Swirlix, Espurr, Gourgeist, Noibat, Froakie, Gengar, Chespin, Dedenne, Fennekin, Phantump, Pancham

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Not really good at scanning and 3D objects myself, but as a collector I often like to find random merch that I end up wanting to buy later.
Poke Scans is a good place to look for some 2D artwork, settei, books, etc. They might come in handy for this catalog. Just keep in mind they usually want credit for scanning these images

Good idea on this thread - been searching for some quality stuff lately and this will certainly help me to find some.

Decided I wanted to show these holiday Eevee and Pikachu mugs. I seriously need one of the Eevee ones. For some reason, can't find the Eevee cup on Pokemon Center anymore, so here's the only image I could find.

Also lots more Christmas themed things.

And more Kuttaris.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Decided I wanted to show these holiday Eevee and Pikachu mugs. I seriously need one of the Eevee ones. For some reason, can't find the Eevee cup on Pokemon Center anymore, so here's the only image I could find.

And more Kuttaris.

The Pokemon Center in general is a great website for merchandise. It should should probably be used to document this stuff in general.

Cresselia~~

And more Kuttaris.
Not all Pokemon merchandise are released through Pokemon Center, so Pokemon Center does not have them all.
In fact, a lot of Japanese Pokemon merchandise are not from Pokemon Center.

But I'm sure the snowman Pikachu are Pokemon Center goods.

Do you know the release year of the Eevee mug?
Might be able to find it on amazon.co.jp

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Oversees:

Famous German toy maker Steiff has made a hand made, high quality Pikachu plush. It comes with a equally as high price tag of $360. (2015)

Does the Build-A-Bear Pikachu Plush also count?

Finally the Pokemon Center website probably has a few things.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Are people still interested in this thread?
Anyway, I found a good English twitter about Pokemon merchandise. https://twitter.com/Pokeshopper
I think it covers pretty much every Pokemon Center item.
Hmm, maybe instead of a thread that which tries to record all the Pokemon merchandise there is we should make this a thread that instead just talks about Pokemon merchandise in general. Ones you have, ones you wished you have, new merchandise that is made, etc.. I think more people would be interesting in that.

Cresselia~~

Hmm, maybe instead of a thread that which tries to record all the Pokemon merchandise there is we should make this a thread that instead just talks about Pokemon merchandise in general. Ones you have, ones you wished you have, new merchandise that is made, etc.. I think more people would be interesting in that.
That's a very good idea. I think I'll change the thread.

-------------

I think this looks very cute.

"Pokemon Little Tales" merchandise.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
That's a very good idea. I think I'll change the thread.

-------------

I think this looks very cute.

"Pokemon Little Tales" merchandise.
More like "Pokemon At The Races". Seeing the gentleman Pikachu and occupying girl Pikachu makes me want to make a My Fair Lady joke but they never rode on the horses so that wouldn't work, maybe Merry Poppins instead? The secret to their cuteness is superkawaimarketabilichibipearance.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I prefer the proportioned ones over the Nendoroids. I want a proportional N really bad o_0.

I'm sure Cynthia has a Nendoroid, by the way.
I mentioned Cynthia.

If I'm going to get a figure I prefer it to be somewhat poseable even if its for display so I can put it into different poses. Sure the Nendoroid's may not be what fans exactly want, but they're the closest thing to that (and if it's not gimmicky they're not going to make poseable proportioned trainer).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Really Pokemon Company?

Okay, so Pokemon Company started selling Pokemon pillows. You can get them either as awake or asleep like so:

Alright, nothing wrong there. Mew has big anime eyes so there's a visual difference. Well, that's for Mew, they also recently released one for Cyndaquil, and when I say one I mean two, one of Cyndaquil awake and another of it sleeping:

It's eye are slits! It already looks like its asleep! All you did was flipped the slit upside down you lazy... who's next? Snorlax? Abra? I'm sure Swinub and Skitty are marketable to some extent. Heck, this idea is already a bit milking as I'm sure they could have found a way to swap the awake and sleeping eye.

I'm really intrigued by the Sugimori framed art print on the Pokemon Center site. I'm actually considering buying the Jirachi one. The price is pretty steep, though ($250 USD), which is my only concern.
Has anyone thought of buying one/already got a Sugimori framed art print? And does anyone want to share their thoughts on the prints themselves? I'd love to hear other opinions on them!

Cresselia~~

Are prints considered merchandise? (I don't know)

Anyway, the Snorlax plush is really popular. They've ran out of order during the pre-order already!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)