Pokemon Games by how many Units they sold

Oh I won’t be surprised at all to see it well over 10 million in the quarterly report.
Again, a reminder that 6.5 million is only from the first week of sales, we have no reliable overall numbers beyond that. iirc that makes it the fastest selling Pokemon game of all time.
So about that

Yknow, I don't mind Arceus selling this well.
I think even with the few flaws the game had, it was a massive step forward for the franchise and GameFreaks expecially.

It shown GameFreaks that they can actually deviate from the standard and still sell successfull stuff. May encourage them to actually try this more often or at least be more proactive in introducing new things, rather than having to always stick to "what worked before".

Yknow, I don't mind Arceus selling this well.
I think even with the few flaws the game had, it was a massive step forward for the franchise and GameFreaks expecially.

It shown GameFreaks that they can actually deviate from the standard and still sell successfull stuff. May encourage them to actually try this more often or at least be more proactive in introducing new things, rather than having to always stick to "what worked before".
Pretty sure PLA was a testing run for SV, since the game was described as an open world. I was actually hoping PLA was the end of two versions, but it seems two version model makes too much money to officially drop.

Pretty sure PLA was a testing run for SV, since the game was described as an open world. I was actually hoping PLA was the end of two versions, but it seems two version model makes too much money to officially drop.
I think as far as "openworld" goes, it basically went through iterations since the first inception of SwSh.

The Wild Area was obviously the very first testing ground, and PLA's semiopenworld reminds a lot of the way IoA and then Tundra wild areas were designed: (almost) fully explorable, with a ton of off-the-beaten-path deviations to explore, and with a lot of pokemon interactions.

I do expect SV to take a similar approach to PLA, as in, having a "main hub" and then the rest will likely be one or multiple big open areas, maybe occasionally with mini-dungeons to explore for plot (not too dissimilar from the non-wild-area sections of SwSh), while obviously maintaining the main series stuff of fighting/catching the pokemon and trainers regularly rather than the original approach of PLA.

But in general, PLA doing this well is by all means a very good thing moving forward for what I said above, should give a boost of confidence to GF in their ability to introduce new stuff, probably a much needed boost after the disaster that SwSh launch was with the whole Dexit controversy and the terrible performance of the original Wild Area. (And as I stated elsewhere, I don't think they remotely care of BDSP performance, it was basically just a bone thrown to shut up the remakes apologists)

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just for a comparison, take from it whatever you want.

At the same point in 2020, SwSh had 17.37 million sales, compared to BDSP’s 14.65. Legends: Arceus 12.64 million in 2 months less on the market is nothing short of incredible to me, especially considering the proximity to BDSP. Obviously they’re very different games, but still I mean, c’mon. I have to respect GF for this at least, L:A was a relatively big gamble for them and its paid off massively.

Also as an aside, another incredible year for the Switch in general, 23 million sold, and we’re what, 5 years in? Another 10 million or so next year and it’ll only trail the Playstation and GB/GBC all time, very impressive stuff. Still easily outselling both the PS5 and XBOX X/S currently despite being 3 years older.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)