Pokemon-Amie Thread

What is your opinion on Pokemon-Amie?

• HNNNNNNGGHHH! ALL MY FEELS!

Votes: 78 36.3%
  • Very cute and helps with the Pokemon name. I like it a lot!

Votes: 62 28.8%
  • I guess it is cute. I'm a bit indifferent, though.

Votes: 47 21.9%
  • Meh...HeartGold and SoulSilver did better.

Votes: 23 10.7%
  • I don't have a definitive opinion yet.

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've heard if you get it to max happiness with puffs + games that you can pet him then. Pyroar's mane also burns you ;;
Word? That's cray. The power of friendship can extinguish all 3rd-degree burns, lol.

Also I just remembered, back when I was raising my Golbat, I feel so bad when I pet his mouth...Like the inside of it, cause he always keeps his mouth open. He looks so sad, like he's fighting every temptation to just chomp down on your hand...Though when I petted it too much in that spot, the growling sound it made was legit the scariest noise I ever heard in a Pokemon game. Real talk tho.

...Attempted to do it again when it became a Crobat, since it hates being touched on the mouth. Only thing is he's always moving up and down so you can't even keep your hand there lol. Probably for the better though

I think certain pokemon don't like it if you touch certain parts because they're afraid they'll hurt you. Except for mons like Slugma and Ferrothorn who just are confused when you deliberately injure yourselves on them.

Honedge and Aegislash are tricky to figure out their emotions, because they don't really make any facial expressions, other than their 'eye' closing. I don't think Aegislash likes it when you pet its hilt though lol.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Honedge and Aegislash are tricky to figure out their emotions, because they don't really make any facial expressions, other than their 'eye' closing. I don't think Aegislash likes it when you pet its hilt though lol.
Yeah, Aegislash hates being petted on top of its head...For a while I thought he liked it until it got pissed off at me, and I was like, "Haha woops" You would think it's ironic that a sword of all things would hate a hand to touch the part of its body that would be used as a handle

I'm feeding a Klink.

It's a gear thingie.

It has no mouth.

HOW DOES IT EAT.

Also how the heck am I supposed to tell if it's happy or not.

WE MUST GO DEEPER.

Edit: Also, after you feed it/pet it, it shows happiness by...separating the gears and throwing them upwards like a frisbee?

But wait... aren't they like supposed to be connected? Where is its head? How does it move? How can they separate? WHAT IS GOING ON?

But hey, it's kinda cute. Much cuter than when I first saw one in BW. Named a newly bred one Enigma because obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Interesting thing to note is that you can feed Slowbro's "Shellder" tail instead of Slowbro himself, and he doesn't like you touching it for some reason.
That is so cool, I have to try it once I finish training my Slowpoke. Do you know if you can feed Slowking's hat?

That is so cool, I have to try it once I finish training my Slowpoke. Do you know if you can feed Slowking's hat?
Unfortunately I don't have one, but I don't think so because Slowking's Shellder crown is facing backwards so I doubt you can feed it directly. Doesn't hurt to try though.

One thing I really like is they made separate 'casual' models for a lot of pokemon. For example, Greninja's battle model is crouched and ready for battle, but in Pokemon Amie it's standing up, all relaxed and lanky. Also, it's fine with you touching its tongue scarf, but not the stars on its legs, for some reason.

I think certain pokemon don't like it if you touch certain parts because they're afraid they'll hurt you. Except for mons like Slugma and Ferrothorn who just are confused when you deliberately injure yourselves on them.
Mareep and Flaafy are pretty tough to pet, since their coats shock you (as it says in the Pokedex entry).

Does anyone else find it kind of creepy when, in the middle of the battle, it says something like "Aerodactyl is remembering the first time it met Portia..."

I absolutely love Pokemon Amie! It's what I've always wanted in Pokemon, being able to spend time with your Pokemon like it's real has always been the one thing I wanted. Otherwise Pokemon seems perfect, as well as being able to change your skin color. Pokemon amie is just like Nintendogs to an extent, only you can talk to your pokemon just for enjoyment. I love talking to my Pokemon, though I'm not sure if it recognizes things I say? In the tutorial it mentions saying it's name? I talk to them so much it probably doesn't even matter.. o-o

Does anyone else have problems with mic sensitivity? I have to talk pretty loud even in a quiet room.

And Portia, I believe it means your Pokemon likes you. Not sure how that's creepy? Sometimes it says "Pryroar seems curious about Mumzy's bag..." But why always my bag?

Last edited:
I think I like Pokemon Amie a little more than I should.

Now all they need to do is bring back pokemon that follow you.

I think I like Pokemon Amie a little more than I should.

Now all they need to do is bring back pokemon that follow you.
I would rather them bring back the pokewalker. I don't know why they don't incorporate that in the 3ds ability to count steps.

Okay. Yall know how klefki jingles its keys when it feels threatened? On pokemon amie if you pet the key on its head it demostrates that, and ita really funny but at the same time i feel bad

Pokemon-Amie gives me more realism in the game for my pokemons, it let a good experience at interacting with the pokemons (like HG/SS, i guess) and it helps a lot in the battle, that's it.

Yeah, Aegislash hates being petted on top of its head...For a while I thought he liked it until it got pissed off at me, and I was like, "Haha woops" You would think it's ironic that a sword of all things would hate a hand to touch the part of its body that would be used as a handle
Well, it likely still drains the life of those who hold it(whether it wants to or not), and would only support potential kings on the sidelines. Hence, since it likes you, it doesn't want you getting your lifespan shortened.

Beartic's beard freezes your hand when you touch it. Lanturn reeeallllyyyy loves getting his lightbulb thing rubbed too. If you touch his fins, he looks unsure of himself and it makes me laugh every time.

Here's a vid:

Gengar throws me into a fit of laughter in Pokemon Amie. For the most part, he is always staring at you with that enormous, wicked grin on his face. When you pet him, he spazzes out in happiness... it's kind of cute and amusing at the same time. I also crack up when you feed him, because he likes to slurp with his tongue between bites.

And then this face he makes every now and then (I think when he's happy and full) is priceless:

(Taken from the Gengar discussion thread)
Something terrible has happened to Jack Nicholson

I nearly died at how cute Noibat and Eevee are in Amie.

I love it when you pet an area the Pokemon doesn't like, such as Excadrill's claws. They look like they're gonna murder you.

And Pangoro looks super scary, even when it's happy.

Gaaaah, I was playing with my (perfect 6 IV!) Mienshao and damn, when it's happy it's so cool, it does a sort of noblewoman laugh, I like that. I knew I was on to something when I named mine Hime. Now I can't wait for Pokebank because then I'll be able to play with all of my favorite mons. Mienshao and Mawile are already here, but I'm waiting for Serperior and Latias.

Amie is the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)