Pokemon-Amie Thread

What is your opinion on Pokemon-Amie?

• HNNNNNNGGHHH! ALL MY FEELS!

Votes: 78 36.3%
  • Very cute and helps with the Pokemon name. I like it a lot!

Votes: 62 28.8%
  • I guess it is cute. I'm a bit indifferent, though.

Votes: 47 21.9%
  • Meh...HeartGold and SoulSilver did better.

Votes: 23 10.7%
  • I don't have a definitive opinion yet.

Votes: 5 2.3%

• Total voters
Well, it has been almost two weeks since X and Y have come out. I can say that it is one of the most exciting additions to the franchise. One of my favorite additions is "Pokemon-Amie."

I really liked HG/SS's wandering Pokemon mechanic, making me feel that I was bonding with it. This, however, is even better. I feel so happy when I pet my Pokemon on the head, only for them to cry out in complete happiness.

So, this thread is to share with fellow trainers not only how you feel about Pokemon-Amie, but also any notable moments (cute, funny, let it loose!). Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Last edited:
I think it's cute, but I still primarily use it for the battle benefits.
Easiest way to min/max your Pokémon-Amie time: Play Head It on Unlimited. Chain 15 hits, then let the three drop. Your score should be high enough to one star the level, which gives you two of the second best Poképuffs in the game. Do this three times, and you have six. Coincidentally, six is also the amount that can be eaten by a Pokémon with completely empty Fullness stats, and Fullness will drop from full to empty in three games. So three chains of 15 gives you exactly enough to feed up your Pokémon to full, then repeat. Fast and efficient.

For more casual discussion stuff, has anyone noticed that the Pokémon will play with your cursor? Hold the stylus on screen, but not on the Pokémon. It should change to a finger icon. Certain Pokémon (not all of them) will swipe at it as it goes around the screen. And if they hit it, it increases their enjoyment by a small amount.

Does poking on the screen do anything, it produces a distinct effect but no pokemon has reacted to it as far as I'm concerned.

Does poking on the screen do anything, it produces a distinct effect but no pokemon has reacted to it as far as I'm concerned.
If you poke the Pokémon, they get upset and snap at you, usually. It doesn't seem to do anything to Affection or anything though.

I think Pokemon-Amie is the best. It makes me feel closer to my Pokemon despite the fact they are just pixels on a screen...

It also has made me warm up to Pokemon I previously didn't like, such as Charizard and Bunnelby! I think it was a real treat for fans that they included this, because honestly I often spend more time playing with my Pokemon than I should.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
By the way, is there any difference between the Poképuff colours? Whenever my 'mons are on the Amie screen, they keep thinking about pink Poképuffs, but is there any benefit/disadvantage in giving it the other colours instead?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
This, however, is even better. I feel so happy when I pet my Pokemon on the head
For the record Mewtwo does not enjoy this. The one place I could not pet without it growling back at me.

Got Mewtwo to max everything in amie, and regardless of what I do it keeps that traditional glare at me even when hearts fly all over the screen. What a classic.

For the record Mewtwo does not enjoy this. The one place I could not pet without it growling back at me.

Got Mewtwo to max everything in amie, and regardless of what I do it keeps that traditional glare at me even when hearts fly all over the screen. What a classic.
Petting Pangoro is even better. No matter whether you're petting it in the right place or not, it looks like it's going to murder you. In fact, when you're petting it in the right spot, it opens its mouth and shows all of its sharp teeth.

I've had more fun with this feature than was probably intended. Raising Affection is reason enough, but I like seeing how the different 'mons react to my magic hands. We also get to see a side to some of them that we haven't before.

KangasKid mimics pretty much everything his mom does, and you can even choose to feed it instead. Doesn't seem to make any difference; both just seem happy that the other is getting food. Likewise, each of Hydreigon's head eat the food at the same time. You also can't feed Mawile's other mouth, as it never turns around.

If you poke Abra, it actually blinks out of existence for a second and comes right back. Apparently it doesn't like having it's feet rubbed, either. But when you make it happy, it's right ear twitches.

One other thing I find pretty cool: Linoone actually stands on its hind legs the whole time, which is something I've never seen one do:

He always looks kinda serious, though. Even after a belly rub, he just nods approvingly - even though you know he likes it more than he lets on. Maybe if I keep badgering him, he'll finally drop the act.

I literally D'awwwgasm everytime Klefki smiles and spins around for me in pokemon amie '_'

also I'm SUPER ADDICTED TO HEAD IT holy crap

I've had more fun with this feature than was probably intended. Raising Affection is reason enough, but I like seeing how the different 'mons react to my magic hands. We also get to see a side to some of them that we haven't before.

KangasKid mimics pretty much everything his mom does, and you can even choose to feed it instead. Doesn't seem to make any difference; both just seem happy that the other is getting food. Likewise, each of Hydreigon's head eat the food at the same time. You also can't feed Mawile's other mouth, as it never turns around.

If you poke Abra, it actually blinks out of existence for a second and comes right back. Apparently it doesn't like having it's feet rubbed, either. But when you make it happy, it's right ear twitches.

One other thing I find pretty cool: Linoone actually stands on its hind legs the whole time, which is something I've never seen one do:

He always looks kinda serious, though. Even after a belly rub, he just nods approvingly - even though you know he likes it more than he lets on. Maybe if I keep badgering him, he'll finally drop the act.
Hehe...I love my Linonne, I know what you mean. Mine just seems to love belly rubs. That face. :3

Yeah in my first play-through of Y, I took over a week to complete it because I kept playing Amie so much. It's the cutest goddamn thing in the entire world, and I can't get enough of it.

Absol is really fun to pet. It gets this tiny grin and shows its teeth when you pet it, which is absolutely adorable. Mr. Mime was exactly as horrifying to pet as you would think it would be. Skiddo and Bunnelby were my favorites though. Bunnelby is my favorite XY mon because it's so adorable, and Skiddo makes my heart melt every time. When you pet it, it hops around in the air and lets out its cry. :')

Gengar throws me into a fit of laughter in Pokemon Amie. For the most part, he is always staring at you with that enormous, wicked grin on his face. When you pet him, he spazzes out in happiness... it's kind of cute and amusing at the same time. I also crack up when you feed him, because he likes to slurp with his tongue between bites.

And then this face he makes every now and then (I think when he's happy and full) is priceless:

(Taken from the Gengar discussion thread)

D'awwww <3

That "o" face he makes when you're holding up the cupcakes/puffs is funny and adorable.

*snip*

If I recall, Linoone actually stands on two legs in its normal/idle pose in Pokemon Coliseum.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah in my first play-through of Y, I took over a week to complete it because I kept playing Amie so much. It's the cutest goddamn thing in the entire world, and I can't get enough of it.

Absol is really fun to pet. It gets this tiny grin and shows its teeth when you pet it, which is absolutely adorable. Mr. Mime was exactly as horrifying to pet as you would think it would be. Skiddo and Bunnelby were my favorites though. Bunnelby is my favorite XY mon because it's so adorable, and Skiddo makes my heart melt every time. When you pet it, it hops around in the air and lets out its cry. :')
Gible is really quite cute to pet, just because of how excited it gets.

Reactions: JES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)