[PLEASE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE POSTING] LC Analysis Reservation Thread [PLEASE, PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING]

I can get Houndour into completion, and I'd like to take over stufful if i may

Doubly approved - OP

Last edited by a moderator:

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
Could I have Mime Jr. as well please? :3c

approved even though :3c is a horrible face - OP

I would like to step in line for Zorua.

I'd prefer you finished up Trubbish first - OP

Edit: Sorry, I didn't clarify. I would like Zorua after I finish Trubbish :p.

Last edited:

Gummy

I don't see Shellder on the list (or in the thread). Is it open for reserving?
I'd like to reserve it.

[OVERVIEW]

It is physically bulky and has decent attack. This pokemon is a great spinner and can set up quickly with shell smash.

[SET]
name: Sweep Spinner
move 1: Shell Smash
move 2: Icicle Spear
move 3: Rock Blast
move 4: Rapid Spin
item: White Herb
ability: Skill Link
nature: Adamant
evs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

People often see Shellder and think they will be hit with water type moves, but Skill Link is used mostly for Icicle Spear and Rock Blast, catching people off guard. It also can be used as a Rapid Spinner.

Set Details
========

Shellder is great for Skill Link, with its two multi-strike moves. It is also good when used with White Herb, taking away the Def and SpDef drops from Shell Smash. The Atk EV on this Pokemon is 236, which gives it its highest attack stat, 17. The 76 SpDef makes Shellder somewhat bulky specially, as it is normally considered a physical tank. The 196 Spe lets Shellder outspeed Voltorb after Shell Smash and speed-tie Sandshrew-Alola with its highest speed stat.

Usage Tips
========

It is a good threat when the opponent is forced to swap out (for example, z-yawn bidoof). Take out all steel types before setting up, as they resist all of the moves that you have on this set.

Team Options
========

Bidoof (Z-Yawn)
Foongus (Spore)
Cottonee (Encore)
Diglett (Steel and electric counter)
Timburr (Steel counter)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

List some options for the Pokemon user that are plausible but not always recommended due to either being not consistent enough or too outclassed by other Pokemon in the metagame.

Checks and Counters
===================
Resistances include:
Sandshrew-Alola
Pawniard
Magnemite
Aron
Beldum
Shieldon
Bronzor
Klink
Honedge
Shellder's analysis has already been done here: http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/shellder/

Like usual I took a mon I wasn't fully ready to use. Oops! So I'm gonna drop Stufful for Poliwag (a mon I've actually played with) Sorry for the trouble OP friend!

ok - op

Aaron's Aron

A concussion update in my info tab
I talked to Sam-testings on Discord, and he said I could snag Teddiursa. Thanks Sam! I shall carry on your great work lol.

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Since Tyrunt and Trapinch are in GP and almost done, I would like to take Ekans and Golett.

approved - op

Can I do Litleo actually? I've been meaning to reserve it, and Aaaron's Aron already has 4 analyses in progress, which I believe is more than what's allowed for users without badges.

Approved - OP

Aaron's Aron

A concussion update in my info tab
Can I do Litleo actually? I've been meaning to reserve it, and Aaaron's Aron already has 4 analyses in progress, which I believe is more than what's allowed for users without badges.
Well they are all just sitting waiting in QC, so it's not like they're just a work in progress and I'm not doing them. Personally I would like to do Litleo, but if you really want to do it then that's fine. I'll leave it up to the discretion of OP and Levi. If they say you can take Litleo, then I am going to do Shelmet.

Sorry for the late response. Because you've had a badge before for LC analysis stuff and everything is up to date, I'm fine with you taking another analysis. Do not post a thread until you have permission in the future. - OP

Gummy

Can I take Purrloin? :3c

I know you hate that face OP but it fits this time!! :3 :3

fine - OP

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ponyta's Bloom Doom set has been gaining quite some traction recently. As much as I hate to say that Kingler12345 has done something productive, he has opened my eyes to what is absolutely a very good lure set, capable of eliminating a bulky Water-type like Staryu or Chinchou so that a teammate to sweep (offensive Water-types like Carvanha and Corphish work well) or just sweep itself with the combination of Flame Charge and Hypnosis. As such, I'd like to see it added to the analysis and want to write it myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)