Platinum New Team

Over the past few weeks I have been making a new team and its finally complete with all 6 pokemon level 100. I know most of my teams are in the OU list but i feel that pokemon such as Gliscor and Scizor should be considered in BL.

Team:

Anyways here is my team.

Gengar @ Focus Sash | Levitate (EV: 252 speed, 252 sp attack, 4 sp defense)
Sacrifice/Sp.Sweeper
Curse | Thunder Bolt | Shadow Ball | Confuse Ray
Nature: Lax

I use gengar as my lead and sacrifice pokemon. The role for this gengar is just to 'kill as many pokemon before dying' pokemon. Having focus sash will be very helpful when dealing with opponents having a type advantage move like shadow claw or psychic, then with my maxed out speed EV i could use curse since I'm going to die anyway, then I switch to my shuckle using protect and then toxic, not toxic first to stall for curse damage.

Shuckle @ Chesto Berry | Sturdy (EV: 4 HP, 252 defense, 252 sp defense)
Wall/Annoyer
Toxic | Protect | Rock Slide | Rest
Nature: Calm

Shuckle roles as my team's wall, with maxed out defense and special defense EV it will be very annoying to opponents when using toxic and protect. Most people would use lum berry instead of chesto berry because it doesn't only heal sleep but any status problem, but having chesto berry can heal sleep after using rest, which also heals any status problem.

Scizor @ Razor Fang | Swarm (EV: 252 attack, 100 defense, 154 special defense)
Annoyer/Phys.Sweeper
X-Scissor | Iron Head | Swagger | U-Turn
Nature: Adamant

Scizor here acts as my annoyer by using swagger and having razor fang to increase iron heads chances of flinching the opponent. Scizor acts as my switch in pokemon when it has a type advantage. The idea is to make the opponent switch in a fire type pokemon where I can use u-turn to damage a little and switch in kingdra, who is double resistant to fire type move.

Kingdra @ Persim Berry | Swift Swim (EV: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 hp)
Dragon Dance Physical Sweeper
Substitute | Dragon Dance | Waterfall | Outrage
Nature: Adamant

Kingdra is my main physical sweeper, i wanted to use Salamance at first but then Kingdra just looks freaking awesome and it does the job well on sweeping with dragon dance, not only that its not weak to x4 ice attack like salamance, so its perfect in my opinion. After a dragon dance using outrage will cause confusion which is annoying, so i use persim berry to heal the confusion in which i can continue sweeping without 'hurting myself'.

Alakazam @ Life Orb | Synschronise (EV: 252 sp attack, 252 speed, 4 hp)
Special Sweeper
Calm Mind | Psychic | Energy Ball | Focus Blast
Nature: Rash

Alakazam is my main special sweeper with calm mind used only if i have an extra turn when opponents use two turn moves like solar beam, or even hydro cannon and hyper beam which i tested does not kill me after one hit because of the pretty high special defense even without calm mind.

Gliscor @ Leftovers | Hypercutter (EV: 252 defense, 129 attack, 129 speed)
BatonPasser
Sword Dance | Earthquake | Ariel Ace | Baton Pass
Nature: Impish

Gliscor here is my 'helper' pokemon, i had a hard time filling the sixth slot for the team but I stuck with gliscor to help Kingdra's sweeping using sword dance and baton pass. Gliscor has high defense which makes up for using a non damaging move and then not dying after one hit from the opponent.
My first choice for the sixth slot was charizard, but changed my mind because of the insane stealth rock damage. This made me think of having a helper pokemon and before i thought of using Gliscor i wanted to use Electrode @damprock for the rain dance support and then switching in to kingdra for waterfall sweeping.

I tested the team and posted the video on youtube if anybody wants to see,

URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEvY5MoLJrw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)