Pidgeot

In NU, he's really the only choice for a defensive bird, but it just isn't enough for UU.
Golbat and/or Murkrow outclass this thing.

Yes, that is pathetic.

Bad pokemon got nearly nothing, outclassed by something at everything it does, etc, et

Specs Windstorm is pretty cool, though. Tornelos doesn't get Heat Wave.

That last slot should be U-turn. Troll is a shitty move, and Return doesn't work without investment.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Specs Windstorm is pretty cool, though. Tornelos doesn't get Heat Wave.
his HP Fire is still more powerful though :/

Well i loved Pidgeot ever since i first played Gen 1 and he always was on my Ingame Teams when he was available just because he looks like a Boss (and is actually named Tauboss in the german version), from a competetive stand point he is the complete opposite as he is outclassed by most Flying/Normal Types in almost any regard and since almost all of these already sit in NU and aren't even used down there you know how bad it stands for good'ol Pidgeot.
I actually recommend the move Troll on any Set because thats propably the reason why your using it together with LO Sweeping Kakuna and Specs Magikarp :/

I feel so bad for pidgeot. It has only meh defenses, and it can use Tailwind like Tornelos or Boltros and can't run offensive as well as Raptor

Unfortunately for pidgeot, he has the dubious distinction of being the worst of the N/F birds (other than farfetch'd and maybe noctowl). His abilities are all useless, and none of his stats are any good. For a pokemon that can supposedly reach speeds of mach2, he is not that fast.

Dodrio has better stats, Fearow has drill liner, swellow has facade/guts, staraptor has close combat, and kenhorou... well, he isn't worse than pidgeot.

They really should have changed the base stats of some of the older pokemon to adjust for inflation.

breh

強いだね
Unfortunately for pidgeot, he has the dubious distinction of being the worst of the N/F birds (other than farfetch'd and maybe noctowl). His abilities are all useless, and none of his stats are any good. For a pokemon that can supposedly reach speeds of mach2, he is not that fast.

Dodrio has better stats, Fearow has drill liner, swellow has facade/guts, staraptor has close combat, and kenhorou... well, he isn't worse than pidgeot.
Lolno Unfezant is a huge boost to Pidgeot's self esteem xD

But yeah I really have to wonder why there is a pidgeot thread in the first place. Actually good movepool is made moot by really lackluster stats (Pidgeot, WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE HAD 90 BASE OFFENSES). In fact, it seems to look a lot like glalie and phione when you compare them competitively.

Pidgeot could actually see some use in UU. Access to Cheer Up, U-turn, reasonable speed, and powerful moves really make him kinda viable.

A set of:
Pidgeot @ Life Orb/Wide Lens
Ability: Tangled Feet
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd/4 Def
Nature: Timid/Modest
- Cheer Up
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- U-Turn

This set shines in UU. Makes use of his decent Speed and good mixed attacking skills. Bring him in, either on a wall that can't really hurt him, or with wish, Cheer up and cause some damage before U-Turning out. A +1 Hurricane will hurt a lot of pokemon. Heat Wave is for Steels. U-Turn out of pokemon that resist those 2 moves.

Some calcs:
Pidgeot@Life Orb (252 EVs, Neutral Nature, +1) Windstorm vs Burungeru@Leftovers (252/252 EVs, +Nature): 44 ~ 51.9% (178 ~ 210 HP)
Pidgeot@Life Orb (252 EVs, Neutral Nature, +1) Windstorm vs Politoed@Leftovers (252/252 EVs, +Nature): 47.9 ~ 56.5% (184 ~ 217 HP)
Pidgeot@Life Orb (252 EVs, Neutral Nature, +1) Windstorm vs Desukaan@Leftovers (252/252 EVs, +Nature): 55.6 ~ 65.6% (178 ~ 210 HP)
Pidgeot@Life Orb (252 EVs, Neutral Nature, +1) Windstorm vs Latias@Leftovers (112/0 EVs, Neutral Nature): 61.3 ~ 72.3% (202 ~ 238 HP)

Pidgeot@Life Orb (252 EVs, Neutral Nature, +1) Heat Wave vs Bronzong@Leftovers (252/92 EVs, +Nature): 61.5 ~ 72.7% (208 ~ 246 HP)
Pidgeot@Life Orb (252 EVs, Neutral Nature, +1) Heat Wave vs Registeel@Leftovers (252/252 EVs, +Nature): 42.3 ~ 50% (154 ~ 182 HP)

breh

強いだね
Pidgeot could actually see some use in UU. Access to Cheer Up, U-turn, reasonable speed, and powerful moves really make him kinda viable.

A set of:
Pidgeot @ Life Orb/Wide Lens
Ability: Tangled Feet
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd/4 Def
Nature: Timid/Modest
- Cheer Up
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- U-Turn

This set shines in UU. Makes use of his decent Speed and good mixed attacking skills. Bring him in, either on a wall that can't really hurt him, or with wish, Cheer up and cause some damage before U-Turning out. A +1 Hurricane will hurt a lot of pokemon. Heat Wave is for Steels. U-Turn out of pokemon that resist those 2 moves.

Some calcs:
Pidgeot@Life Orb (252 EVs, Neutral Nature, +1) Windstorm vs Burungeru@Leftovers (252/252 EVs, +Nature): 44 ~ 51.9% (178 ~ 210 HP)
Pidgeot@Life Orb (252 EVs, Neutral Nature, +1) Windstorm vs Politoed@Leftovers (252/252 EVs, +Nature): 47.9 ~ 56.5% (184 ~ 217 HP)
Pidgeot@Life Orb (252 EVs, Neutral Nature, +1) Windstorm vs Desukaan@Leftovers (252/252 EVs, +Nature): 55.6 ~ 65.6% (178 ~ 210 HP)
Pidgeot@Life Orb (252 EVs, Neutral Nature, +1) Windstorm vs Latias@Leftovers (112/0 EVs, Neutral Nature): 61.3 ~ 72.3% (202 ~ 238 HP)

Pidgeot@Life Orb (252 EVs, Neutral Nature, +1) Heat Wave vs Bronzong@Leftovers (252/92 EVs, +Nature): 61.5 ~ 72.7% (208 ~ 246 HP)
Pidgeot@Life Orb (252 EVs, Neutral Nature, +1) Heat Wave vs Registeel@Leftovers (252/252 EVs, +Nature): 42.3 ~ 50% (154 ~ 182 HP)

When you consider that Cheer Up is the equivalent of a Howl and a 4th gen Growth, it doesn't look so pleasant, does it? :/

(also wtf U-turn? use HP Fighting or something at least)

tehy

Banned deucer.
You realize hurricane's probably missing a lot, and pidgeot can easily be revenged right?

If you set up;something faster kills you. Not to mention, any recovering poke with decent special defense can life orb stall you out.

While cool looking, Pigeot is fairly outclassed by pretty much every bird pokemon. Even Kenhoru and Swanna far outclass Pigeot. Kenhoru has Rivalry and Cheer Up as well and other than Heat Wave and Brave Bird, has every other one of Pigeot's potential moves. Personally I think Kenhoru is still better because of Rivalry and potential Cheer Up and it does have Sky Attack which although a 2 turn move is incredibly strong and resisted by few types (rocks and steels). It's attack is also much higher.

Swanna hits on the special side and has the Hurricane but also stab Surf and Hydration in rain and can Tail Wind and is faster than Dragonite. It at least deserves an option (although Dragonite is still better).

There are much cooler UU birds than Pigeot. Fearow, Swellow, Braviary (BL once tiers form quite likely), Staraptor, Dodrio, Kenhoru, Swanna, are all much better birds than Pigeot.

I think Pidgeot can be very good in a mixed set with Hurricane, Return, Heat Wave and Work Up. Also Brave Bird and HP Ground can fit the set. Apart from Braviary, Pidgeot it's bulkier than Fearow, Swellow and Dodrio. He might not be the best flying type, but it can cause some good damage and it's an amazing pokemon. It's one of my favorites! :)

Pidgeot, another one of my favorite pokemon that will never see the higher tiers. Cheer up mixed seems to be his new favorite toy (although access to the pretty exclusive hurricane is good too). I know in the past basically any rock or steel pokemon could wall him, perhaps brave bird, heat wave and steel wing would be the way to go. Though honestly I'm not too sure how much +1 steel wing is doing to most rock types with their usually substancial physical defenses.

Oh yeah, and night burst is finally a legitimate attack that keen eye can defend against, even if only 1 pokemon in the whole non-smeargle game can learn it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)