PB&J: Pokemon Battles & Jellyfish [A Tentacruel Discussion]

Tentacruel seems really useless to me. The only set that I can see working is the speedy spiker set since it actually outruns pretty much everything that isn't scarfed in ubers, barring Darkrai, Skymin and Mewtwo, and sets up Toxic Spikes with ease. It can take people by surprise because a lot of players forget that Tentacruel has base 100 speed. I would honestly never use it but I remember mien getting far in a Smogon Tour with Tentacruel on his team, you could ask him about it if he's still around.
You forgot Lati@s who can even switch and take like nothing from Tentacruel, due to soul dew and their high SpD.

would a defensive, protect, safeguard, toxic, mirror coat tentacruel work? or would a attack have to be put in the moveset?

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
would a defensive, protect, safeguard, toxic, mirror coat tentacruel work? or would a attack have to be put in the moveset?
You're kind of wasting Tentacruel's potential here. Why not use Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin over Safeguard (You don't need this, since you're immune to Toxic anyway, heh) and Toxic??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)