Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v4 (CLOSE)

Hi ,

I want for a long time a team with Gardevoir, Sylveon and Garchomp , i prefer to use Garchomp as his Tankchomp build , use Gardevoir as Sweeper with mega and Sylveon with the role of Cleric

Hi, I am looking for a team that can be built around Inferanpe that can be offensive and defense for OU? don't know if this is possible but would like to see a team that is built for the ladder.

thanks

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 244 HP / 28 Def / 44 SpD / 192 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fly
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
Hello! I would like a team around DD fly dragonite. This got some usage in WCOP for good reason and it seems really fun and innovative. Thanks to anybody who takes it :)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-183813
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-182423
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-172100
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-169243
(some replays with it^)

Ok imma drop my request before it closes once again, I'd like someone to build a team around zard-y+Sand core (preferably ttar over hippo) and if you go with rapid spin excadrill the implement a lure to ferrothorn, which is the only rox setter that prevents excadrill form spinning I can think of...ok there's also hippo, maybe something like hp fire/surf/stabs latios could work? BD azu? If u opt for another hazard remover that's fine.

Ok imma drop my request before it closes once again, I'd like someone to build a team around zard-y+Sand core (preferably ttar over hippo) and if you go with rapid spin excadrill the implement a lure to ferrothorn, which is the only rox setter that prevents excadrill form spinning I can think of...ok there's also hippo, maybe something like hp fire/surf/stabs latios could work? BD azu? If u opt for another hazard remover that's fine.
I've got something that I could post later, but are you certain about this request? It's a bit vague and I'm not certain if you've fully thought through what you want with this team.

So what would a team with this looks like, I am just wondering you can do anything with the set it doesn't really matter to me, I know it is just a bad clef, but I just want to know.

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 64 Def / 92 SpA / 80 SpD / 8 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Earth Power
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 208 Atk / 76 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Psyshock
- Bolt Strike
- Focus Blast

Two unusual made for taking out and walling multiple common pokemon in OU; Mega bunny, rotom-w, clefable, Mega manetric, talonflame, breloom, jirachi and more. We just need a breaker and more and this team is perfect.

wyc2333

A=X+Y+Z Y: Hard Work
Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Protect
- U-turn
Tyranitar may surprise pokemons such as scizor, ferrothorn, skarmory, gliscor, landorus-T and garchomp with Ice Beam and Fire Blast, which are solid checks to Mega Beedrill, thus letting it sweep.

I've got something that I could post later, but are you certain about this request? It's a bit vague and I'm not certain if you've fully thought through what you want with this team.
Sure, go ahead, my request was vague on purpouse so that the builders had a lot of free room, I thought it was better bc I'm struggling to build a good char-y team

Cloyster @ Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard
- Explosion

"cb cloy hits surprisingly hard it's actually not that horrible" - p2, 2016

Hoping someone can give me an idea of what this thing is capable of. Cheers!

GodZard-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage

Alright, so I have been using this ingame just because, plus I wanted something different from the normal stuff. I thought it was cool, Zard hitting like a truck with Swords Dance + Flare Blitz/Outrage. Obviously, Dragon Claw is an option, but I just wanted Zard to pack as much power as possible.

I wanted something fast to go alongside it, so I decided going with Weavilve or Scarf Jirachi. Went with Scarf Jirachi in the end.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

Really, I just want GodZard-X to brutally murder everything and have his team take care of any threats and support him. I guess some entry hazard removal would be nice.

I'd like to see someone build a time around this FWG core

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 72 HP / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Roost/Earthquake

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Substitute

All 3 mons have decent type synergy (once Zard MegaEvos). Two Dancers give me two win cons and they both help weaken eachothers checks and counters to sweep. Both also outspeed a lot of the metagame after a boost. I couldn't decide Roost vs Earthquake on ZardX so I slashed them as I expect that decision to come down to teammates.

663_f.png MD2_zpsce8eb245.png~original.png 121.png.gif

Talonflame (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 192 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bulk Up / SD
- Roost

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Scald
- Reflect Type

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Basically I want Talonflame to shine by giving him support from Diancie and Starmie. If you could help and mold this core into a team, I would be really happy. (Also if 3 mons are too much feel free to remove one of the last two.)

Looking for a team around M-Ampharos. The rules state that it must be alone which sucks but whatever... I still see people pairing Pokemon with other Pokemon which should be alone and teams are still being made with them so I don't know how that works... Anyways here is the set I would like you to build with:

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Typical agility set. I tried building my own team but I had no idea where to go from here so you know... Balance would be nice.

One of the builders said that if I wanted to delete my core off of the list I just needed to make a post asking for it to be deleted. So if you could get rid of my zam+weavile core and replaced it with something else I'll post below that would be great.

Instead of the old core an ou team around Emboar would be cool. Emboar has a lot of potential but I feel like it is overlooked. I think with the right teammates it can shine so I'm asking for a team around Emboar.

Emboar @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sucker Punch

Normal wallbreak set. Flare Blitz is STAB plus Reckless power. Superpower is also STAB. Wild Charge gets water types and also gives Reckless boost. Sucker Punch is for Psychic types and priority. Thanks in advance.

Doggo (Manectric) (F) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Plantie (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes / Stealth Rocks
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn and Manectric have been my favourite pokemon for a while, It's not a super solid core but I simply don't know where to go from here. Ferrothorn takes care of most bulky waters/ground and hits suprisingly well and when played right hits like a truck. He also takes care of the Huge SpD blobs in OU that lack W-o-W.

I'd like to have another pokemon that sets up hazards, while Manectric has great power and speed behind him he is super predictable, add the fact that Ferrothorn can take care of a pretty big ammount of pokes but does little against set-up makes the opponent switch a lot. I've tried Rocky Helmet on Ferrothorn and it seems pretty decent to me, but honestly I have very little clue as to what I'm doing.

I dislike using Heatran and I'm not a huge fan of Talonflame either, but I feel like I have very little choice. and I just get lost beyond that point, so I hope someone can create the team that I have in my head, but lack the skills and knowledge to develop myself.

edit: added some cute pictures to grab your attention

Last edited:
Hi! I would really like to see a team centered on this beauty:

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Since I really like difensive sinergy,I was thinking to pair it with something like Sceptile-Mega (free Lightningrod boosts) and Heatran (near-perfect sinergy),but I leave freedom to the builder :D
Thank you!

I'm gonna assume that the core I posted prolly 2 months ago isn't gonna be picked up, so I'd like to replace it with this:

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 144 HP / 232 Atk / 32 Def / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Rest

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Sleep Talk

Dual wallbreaker core, where Heracross tears apart slower walls like Slowbro/king and Tangrowth, while also being a solid stop to a lot of Pursuit trappers in the tier. Specs Latios takes advantage of the fact that it's probably the single fastest wallbreaker in the tier to beat even offensive threats like Keldeo and Garchomp, while handling Lando-T and Skarmory with Surf. Running Guts on Heracross pre-mega due to being able to take advantage of Rest later on, especially when the extra speed might matter.

Hi I would like a team with the core of Latias-Mega + Nidoking

+

why this core? the answer is simply mega latias consider it one of the best mega Oras for its versatility and Nidoking is a very good Wallbreaker. Nidoking also kills things latias not for (Clefable, Scizor, Heatran).

Nidoking is Love /u\

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb

Requesting a defensive or balanced team made around Gourgeist-XL. Gourgeist-XL is not a very good Pokemon in OU, being mostly overshadowed by Tangrowth and other bulky Grass types, but it has some things over them, such as Will-O-Wisp to cripple things, a Fighting immunity, and the ability to spinblock. It also still checks most of the things other bulky Grassers like Tangrowth can check, like Excadrill, Breloom, and Azumarill. Thanks in advance!

Hi I would like a team with the core of Latias-Mega + Nidoking

+

why this core? the answer is simply mega latias consider it one of the best mega Oras for its versatility and Nidoking is a very good Wallbreaker. Nidoking also kills things latias not for (Clefable, Scizor, Heatran).

Nidoking is Love /u\
You'll need to give us sets if you'd like us to build with that core.

I'm gonna assume that the core I posted prolly 2 months ago isn't gonna be picked up, so I'd like to replace it with this:

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 144 HP / 232 Atk / 32 Def / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Rest

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Sleep Talk

Dual wallbreaker core, where Heracross tears apart slower walls like Slowbro/king and Tangrowth, while also being a solid stop to a lot of Pursuit trappers in the tier. Specs Latios takes advantage of the fact that it's probably the single fastest wallbreaker in the tier to beat even offensive threats like Keldeo and Garchomp, while handling Lando-T and Skarmory with Surf. Running Guts on Heracross pre-mega due to being able to take advantage of Rest later on, especially when the extra speed might matter.
I already have a team with these two, although Latios is running LO. I can pretty much guarantee that most builds you're gonna get w/ these two are gonna be better off running LO, but if you'd like I can try to take the core as-is. Reason being is that Roost-less Specs-Tios is nowhere near as great of a Keld switchin, so its defensive utility requires redundancy support to an extent that it normally doesn't need.

Lemme know what you'd like me to do. Just to rephrase: I can try and build with the two as you requested exactly and probably end up with a build that would fare better with LO Tios, or just give you my Hera/Latios build with LO Tios.

Requesting a team from this core:

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 60 Def / 92 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance

I know it's a little strange to request my own core from the Good Cores Thread, but truth is I'm just a terrible builder. EV spreads can be flexible but I'd really love to use SD spam. Thanks Builders!

Link explaining core: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-good-cores.3570645/page-6#post-6932624

I already have a team with these two, although Latios is running LO. I can pretty much guarantee that most builds you're gonna get w/ these two are gonna be better off running LO, but if you'd like I can try to take the core as-is. Reason being is that Roost-less Specs-Tios is nowhere near as great of a Keld switchin, so its defensive utility requires redundancy support to an extent that it normally doesn't need.

Lemme know what you'd like me to do. Just to rephrase: I can try and build with the two as you requested exactly and probably end up with a build that would fare better with LO Tios, or just give you my Hera/Latios build with LO Tios.
If that's the case, then I'd prefer if you used LO Latios.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)