Project OU Teambuilding Competition V9 (Done! See you all in Sun & Moon)

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot/Thunder Wave

Sometimes different is better going to keep this short because I am tired (please excuse my lack of professionalism). First, I want to build a team around curse rest pert so the first partner is talonflame to get rid of all the pesky grass type. Next is gourgeist to complete the FWG core and a way to not get 6-0 by sand drill. Next is special defensive drill for a latios and fairy switch in with rocks and spin. Next is orb water horse with rest talk because it is my only dark answer. Finally, thundurus for either priority t-wave or nasty plot to make the team even more offensive.

Vague

Banned deucer.
Spooky.

Banette @ Banettite
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Gunk Shot
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Explosion

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock

So the original core was Mega Ban + SubCM Keldeo because Keldeo checks Darks and SubCM is a bit anti-meta since it takes advantage of other CM water-types, most prominently Sub Suicune and Manaphy to an extent. Mega Banette is cool and fits the criteria. Bisharp + Keld is super old and it still does what it does pretty darn well. I think Adamant + Lum Sharp is the best Sharp since absorbing status then retaliating makes you feel fuzzy inside. Latios checks Keldeo, electrics, etc and lures in Skarmory with Thunderbolt as well as pressuring bulky Waters. Scarf Landorus-T is honestly amazing and it checks a bunch of faster things that gave this team headaches. It also generates momentum with U-turn and puts a huge dent in things with Explosion (best last slot move). Heatran came last as a sturdy Dragon and Fairy check, sets Rocks, and keep Mega Sciz at bay. Standard Heatran things. Mega Banette's purpose here is to cripple faster things with Wisp and remove something very threatening to the team with DBond, most commonly checks to Bisharp + Keldeo or something that sweeps the team altogether, so to get the most out of Banette use it as so.

Googly

Arcadia
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Here's a fun team I made a little while back featuring a couple of spooky Pokemon, Nasty Plot Hoopa and Swords Dance Shedinja. This team's a meme but it hit about 1900 on the ladder, so as far as memes go I think it did alright!

Hoopa @ Salac Berry
Ability: Magician
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 8 SpD / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Sticky Web
- Skill Swap
- Toxic Spikes

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD
- Sucker Punch
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
So I wanted to build around SubSalac Hoopa with Nasty Plot, since I think it's a really cool mon that can sweep alot of unprepared teams with perfect coverage in Shadow Ball + Focus Blast. Near max HP investment coupled with its massive special defense lets it set up on practically any weak special attacker. Pokemon such as Clefable, defensive Starmie, Amoonguss and Chansey are all unable to break Hoopa's sub with one attack, effectively making them set-up fodder, and there isn't much that can stop this little guy once it gets going! (Stealing an opponents item with Magician after eating your berry is also the biggest kek)

Trouble is that even after eating its Salac Berry, Hoopa is still outsped by the likes of Mega Lopunny and Mega Manectric, as well as many common scarfers. So I decided Hoopa would benefit greatly from Sticky Web support. Shuckle and Galvantula both suck, so Smeargle was my webs setter of choice since it sucks slightly less and can still set hazards against Mega Sableye and Diancie teams using Skill Swap. Toxic Spikes are always appreciated for whittling, and at least give some way of beating Unaware mons. Smeargle also has the benefit of being able to put stuff to sleep, potentially giving Hoopa some free turns to set up.

Sand Rush Excadrill and priority users like Talonflame were looking like an issue for Hoopa. I was also going to need something that could blanket check like half the meta and I didn't have a rocks setter yet, so Lando was the way to go. Swords Dance lets it take on Mega Scizor and with webs support it can serve as an excellent backup wincon. Do note though that it won't outspeed anything faster than Keldeo.

With all these hazards, I needed some way to keep them up by preventing Defog. Zapdos is mostly seen on fat teams, which Hoopa 6-0s anyway, so really the only relevant Defoggers were the Lati twins. Naturally I needed a fast Pursuit trapper, so I decided on Weavile. Banded Weavile is also an amazing cleaner with both tspikes and webs support.

Unfortunately Lati is still getting off a Defog against everything else on my team. So I needed a way to get Weavile in safely without having to concede a Defog. Usually the only way this has been possible is by sacking a weakened mon to hazards as they try to Defog, but I'm not always going to have something weakened in the back. I needed a mon that dies to hazards as soon as it came in. I needed... Shedinja! Not only does it switch in to a load of things I'm otherwise weak to, but Shedinja also acts as a spinblocker, giving me another tool to help me win the hazards game. But even though I'd put it on the team just for the purpose of sacking it, Shedinja went above and beyond my expectations. A number of teams have very little for Swords Dance Shedinja and sometimes all it takes is getting rid of that one Pokemon before Shedinja just sweeps.

Lastly I needed a spinner, and I hadn't used my Mega Slot yet, so I threw Mega Blastoise on the team. I'm running enough speed to where it can outrun Scarf Tyranitar and anything slower when webs are up. Under the right conditions, this powerhouse can put in alot of work.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-370505925 - Hoopa snackwrap
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-370495026 - Sheddy snackwlap
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-370498812 - Close game where we both choke at the end :o
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-370512572 - Another win for Shed
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-381859603 - ★Mob Barley ▲: i dont think im ready for this heat

- False and GxK take the team for a spin in a PS live

Last edited:
First time doing this

Scarf Chandy Team

Vanilla (Chandelure) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Girl Power (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Blue Twinsie (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Dragon Pulse
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

#RIPVine (Tangrowth) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed

Marriland (Azumarill) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Bertha (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Here's a team built around Trick Chandulure. I love using Trick Chandulure, since it has the ability to have so much power while also outspeeding many things that would otherwise destroy it, like Weavile, and destroy them and it can cripple something whenever I choose to.

First off, Scarf Chandy packs dual STAB (Flamethrower over Fire Blast for reliability), Energy Ball for Water, Ground, and Rock-types and Trick to cripple walls or slow setup sweepers like Clefable. The Choice Scarf gives Chandy some much needed speed, allowing it to outspeed and KO Pokemon that are usually faster than it, like the previously mentioned Weavile and Gengar. Next, we have Mega Lopunny. Lopunny deals with the Rock and Dark-types that can KO Chandy, especially if I lock myself into Shadow Ball, and offers a ton of natural power. Lopunny also gives me a good revenge killer thanks to Fake Out and Lopunny's high speed. Seeing as my team couldn't deal with something like Tank Chomp or Scarf Keldeo very well and needs a Defogger, I decided to add Latios to the team. Latios offers powerful Dragon-type moves (Dragon Pulse) to deal with TankChomp, Psychic moves (Psyshock) to hit Keldeo and Mega Venusaur, and Defog to deal with hazards that annoy Chandulure. I chose Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor so I'm not forced to switch after KOing something with my main STAB at the loss of a lot of power. Having HP Fire gives my team a way to hit Scizor, Ferrothorn, and everything else that's weak to Fire if Chandulure is weakened or KOed. The team couldn't deal with opposing Mega Lopunny very well without having to rely on luck, as well as other physical attackers like Scarf Excadrill and Azumarill, so Tangrowth was added to check powerful physical attackers that the previous 3 Pokemon couldn't deal with and punishes them with it's Rocky Helmet. Also gives my team a Knock Off user and sleep inducer to aid my other Pokemon. To add powerful priority and Water and Fairy coverage, chose to add Banded Azumarill as a secondary revenge killer and just an overall powerful Pokemon, though I am considering giving Azu an Assault Vest instead for more Special Bulk. Lastly, I wanted a way to put up hazards and a way to deal with special attackers, so I added Specially Defensive Hippowdon. Sand Force over Sand Stream so I won't damage my own team or help out Excadrill (or Mega Garchomp, I guess) and punish Tyranitars.

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Doublade + Scrafty Balance

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Scrafty (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Doublade (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rest
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Pursuit

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Keldeo @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

Hey. Made this team before the Sableye-Mega suspect test so it's a little bit too overprepared for stall but whatever, it's still quite effective.
Scrafty + Doublade is a really nice underrated core. Scrafty is able to destroy most balance teams and unaware-less stall but has some stops to it such as Quagsire, Clefable, Talonflame, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Medicham, Togekiss and Mega Lopunny. Doublade switches into and pursuit traps Mega Medicham and Mega Gardevoir and cripples Unaware users and Talonflame with Toxic. Wanted to add Calm Mind Mega Latias because it lures in Unaware 'mons and does a lot of damage to them if not kill and because it appreciates Doublade dealing with Fairies. Next added Gliscor to counter Mega Diancie, Gengar, Mega Lopunny and Clefable and it's a really wincon for balance. Next added RestTalk Keldeo because the team is super weak to Bisharp and Weavile and lacks a hard hitter. Added Skarmory because I wanted Stealth Rock and Defog, while having another Mega Lopunny check.

vs abr's weavile stall: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-461065136
vs baton pass: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-461140241
vs mega medicham balance: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-461143226

Jellicent Hazard Stack Balanced

Hi :), First time i post here.

With Sableye-Mega being suspected i think Jellicent is one of the best Ghost type in ORAS. It can deals with the brokencore also known as KeldTar and Antispin very well.The spread allows it to beat Ttar ( Band / Scarf) due to the combination of Colbur Berry and Wow. That's why i decided to go with an Hazard Stacking Team. With Jellicent i straight up added Hippo / Ferro core because of the capacity to handle a lot of jellicent's threats and being able to set-up Hazards.
Then i had my base which still needed support. I needed a Really good Revenge Killer to Fighting types and who could abuse of Hazards, zam seemed to be really good so i chosen it. i put protect because it given a safe Mega-Evo and be able to Revenge kill more easily. At last i added a Heatran / Clefable core to patch the remaining problems like Thundurus, Tornadus-T, Weavile, Kyurem-Black, and have a win-condition.Tran has roar to abuse of Hazards.

But after some game i realized that i needed another Revenge Killer who could beat flying types so i added Lando-T Scarf over Hippo and given Rocks to tran. Enjoy!(I'm not that good at speaking english so be generous with me, thx :] )

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 16 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Power Whip

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Last edited:
It's been a while since I've posted here, but this seemed like a good way to get the teambuilding juices going for Sun and Moon. Anyway, here's the team.

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 84 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
- Healing Wish
- Psychic

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Fake Out

If there's one thing you should know, I love spikes. When I saw I could use a ghost type, my mind went immediately to cofagrigius and trying to setup some juicy tspikes. Cof also works as its own spin blocker as an added bonus, so once those spikes are up, you're opponent is forced to defog to get them off the field. Because passive mons like cof can often be taken advantage of by sableye teams, the addition of an SD Crawdaunt can help to bust through the walls that accompany it. Crawdaunt also enjoys the chip damage from the tspikes as well allowing it lure in and status a few of the walls that might be able to take it on otherwise. Excadrill seemed like a nice option for some hazard control and gives me a very reliable clef answer and rocker. Celebi helped shore up a few of the teams weaknesses and the healing wish support is huge on a team with the limited recovery that this one has. It also allows me to play more aggresively with Loppuny and Crawdaunt in the early game. Hidden power fire is to improve the matchup against scizor and ferrothorn that I would otherwise struggle with. Lopunny helps my team keep dark types in check and I decided on the quick attack set for a little help against offense. Rotom-w checks a huge number of threats to the team including Talonflame and Landorus. The spread creeps 8 speed lando-T.

Last edited:
Team: Mostly Ghostly

In early Oras I noticed that a good portion of teams lacked anything that could reliably switch into Shadow Ball so I decided to make a team with 3 Specs Ghosts to meme people in the later games of Showdown room tours. It was originally Specs Gengar, Hoopa, and Jellicent and then 3 random mons. I tried to make it a real team in the past and, while it did well sometimes, it was extremely inconsistent. But in the last couple weeks I put in a lot of time to get it where I'd like it to be so here it is. With Gengar you're mostly clicking stabs, but Icy Wind is for the common Ground type leads, while Sleep Talk is to reliably switch into Amoonguss and Venusaur. Every member needs to do their part so if one gets Slept and doesn't manage to do anything then it's usually a surefire loss. Specs Jellicent is a wallbreaker that is the team's only good switch into Water stabs, most notably from Keldeo. Scarf Chandelure functions as the team's cleaner and it does its job well thanks to its resistance to Bullet Punch and immunity to both Mach Punch and Extreme Speed. Dugtrio is here to deal with the mons that are resistant or immune to Ghost such as: Tyranitar, Bisharp, Chansey, Weavile, and Mega Lopunny. He's really the glue to the team. Mega Diancie was chosen to help keep Stealth Rock off for Chandelure and Dugtrio and its typing makes it a decent check to Flying types. Choice Scarf Landorus-T wraps up the team by sealing its biggest holes: Excadrill in Sand and Mega Lopunny, while Dugtrio can trap the latter he cannot switch in and Landorus-t can handle it well enough.

I may add some replays later seeing as I expect everyone to be skeptical as to why it works.

Edit: I just got a tour replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-209607

Last edited:
alright i got another garbage okish squad for yall

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Trick

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Toxic

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

I started with Specs Chandelure+starmie. Specs Chandelure is such a monster because ghost resists are rare and the few mons that do resist ghost (bisharp, weavile, chansey) are taken out or crippled by fire blast/ trick. Starmie was obvoius, being the spinner of the team. Thunder Wave slowed down threats like the Latis and Tornadus-T so that chandelure could later revenge them. I then added Mega Diancie to pressure hazards even more, but to also lure in Landorus-T. I figured with chandelure already beating scizor,ferrothorn, and heatran, I could afford to run HP ice. Standard Landorus was next to take on sand and providing free switches into Chandelure. Scarf Keldeo provided speed to my otherwise slow team, and has been invaluable as it reveng kills things such as Mega Lopunny amd Mega Manectric. Finally I added Tyranitar to trap Latios and friends. Overall a cool bulky offense featuring chandelure.

e: tornt>ttar so serp doesnt 6-0.

Last edited:

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Wasnt gonna build for this but i realized i already had a team with a ghost. Enjoy

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Icy Wind

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 96 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

lol idk built this so long ago. something along the lines of diancie beats like every gengar check except gliscor so icy wind gengar and then i added 4 glue mons

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The Halloween Train has departed. Ill like to thanks p2 for his great support updating this thread and keeping it active, thanks a lot fam.

We move into voting territory now!!

Team 1

Vivillon-Icysnow @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Bug Buzz

Sableye @ Sablenite
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Foul Play

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Sucker Punch
- Screech

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
This is basic a sableye + dugtrio stall team but mostly built around vivillon, I remember when vivillon had the potential to be pretty cool in early xy meta as high accuracy sleep move + hurricane was unique combo however never really shined due to having bad sr weakness, pretty frail and steel types eats up moves from vivillon with ease so it never seen much usage since early xy meta however I have somehow managed to make vivillon work on a simple mega sableye + dugtrio stall team and it just works like magic especially when vivillon gets opportunity to set up quiver dance and steel types being eliminated.

Mega Sableye is pretty much the heart of the team due to being able to bounce back hazards for vivillon and dugtrio, crippling mons with will o wisp and just being a pain in the ass, Dugtrio is a must on this team as trapping pokemon like tyranitar and heatran enables more set up sweeps chances from vivillon also dugtrio can help taking out other stall breakers than can break this team like mega gardevoir also dugtrio helps enables a way to beat chansey and which enables vivillon to sweep most stall teams.

Zapdos Is is needed on the team to handle bird spam and give defog control for dugtrio and vivillon, seismitoad sets up stealth rock and blocks up water spammers like keldeo from nuking this team and finally chosen clefable since I needed a cleric + unaware user in a package and clefable on its own is just a monster.

This team also managed to get me 1500 elo to 1800 elo in a day just goes to show how effective mega sableye + dugtrio stall is

Team 2

Alomomola (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 168 HP / 128 Def / 212 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Latias @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

Cofagrigus (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Skill Swap
- Toxic Spikes

Tyranitar (F) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Atk / 8 SpA / 160 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
Toxic Spikes Sand Balanced based around the Togekiss+Cofa core in order to break easily defensive teams.
Tyranitar and Excadrill were added in order to get speed control, Smooth Rock is the item of choice since it grants more turns for Excadrill, but also makes Mega Venusaur one of the guys who can remove ts' life harder, Tyra can also pursuit Lati@s easily, Fire Blast is there mostly because MScizor is a problem, and I don't want Ferrothorn to have too many setup opportunities.
Decided to go with Skill Swap with Cofa, since I later added Heal Bell on Togekiss and Alomomola a bulky wisher, it may seem strange with Mummy as an ability, but Skill Swap allows me to troll stuff like Gliscor, Clefable Rain Dance TG 2 Attacks Manaphy, Taunt Heatran on the switch, Mega Sableye if he's wary of using Knock Off, Serperior on the switch etc, basically it makes Cofa less of a fodder, sorta.
Mega Latias was added since the team needed a sweeper, and secondary "win condition" if Togekiss doesn't cut it in certain battles, team also had problems with Keldeo, Manaphy, Rotomw and certain grass types so I decided to pick Mega Latias with Thunderbolt, Psyshock over Psychic in order to have better chances against CM Clefable, Stored Power is also an option but I felt it requires too much time in order to be useful.
Lastly, Alomomola was added in order to grant wish support, I can't rely on Excadrill to spin every time, and stealth rocks are painful for the team when you have Sandstorm on the field, Cofa without recovery moves and a Togekiss weak to 'em.

Team 3

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
Sub+CM Chandelure is my Ghost-type of choice, because it has a lot of good qualities (beats most stallmons, several Fairy-types, Heatran, Zard Y, it's stronk, and has some immunities), it's spooky as heck, and I've never had an excuse to use it before. The same way that Chandelure is a threat to stall after it gets its Substitute up, Mega Gyarados is a threat to offense after it gets its Dragon Dance up. It has the benefit of setting up on the free switch that might come after Tyranitar Pursuit-traps Chandy, and Keldeo will think twice about using Secret Sword on it with Chandelure in the wings. Scarf Excadrill checks Electric-types and Mega Diancie while spinning and revenge killing stuff. Breloom adds priority, something that sets up on and/or threatens Pursuit users, and a Spore to give me the setup opportunities I need. It also lures in the bulky Grasses that Chandelure can switch into. Clefable is the Stealth Rock setter of choice because it lets me check Mega Lopunny and Latios and Hydreigon, which otherwise really bother this team, and keeps Electric-types from getting out of hand. Slowbro is mostly there so the team isn't immediately fucked over by Mega Metagross, Keldeo, and Mega Charizard X (I don't want to use Chandy to check offensive threats) if Mega Gyarados can't set up. Thunder Wave helps this relatively slow team keep up.

Team 4

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed

Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot/Thunder Wave
Sometimes different is better going to keep this short because I am tired (please excuse my lack of professionalism). First, I want to build a team around curse rest pert so the first partner is talonflame to get rid of all the pesky grass type. Next is gourgeist to complete the FWG core and a way to not get 6-0 by sand drill. Next is special defensive drill for a latios and fairy switch in with rocks and spin. Next is orb water horse with rest talk because it is my only dark answer. Finally, thundurus for either priority t-wave or nasty plot to make the team even more offensive.

Team 5

Banette @ Banettite
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Gunk Shot
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Explosion

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
So the original core was Mega Ban + SubCM Keldeo because Keldeo checks Darks and SubCM is a bit anti-meta since it takes advantage of other CM water-types, most prominently Sub Suicune and Manaphy to an extent. Mega Banette is cool and fits the criteria. Bisharp + Keld is super old and it still does what it does pretty darn well. I think Adamant + Lum Sharp is the best Sharp since absorbing status then retaliating makes you feel fuzzy inside. Latios checks Keldeo, electrics, etc and lures in Skarmory with Thunderbolt as well as pressuring bulky Waters. Scarf Landorus-T is honestly amazing and it checks a bunch of faster things that gave this team headaches. It also generates momentum with U-turn and puts a huge dent in things with Explosion (best last slot move). Heatran came last as a sturdy Dragon and Fairy check, sets Rocks, and keep Mega Sciz at bay. Standard Heatran things. Mega Banette's purpose here is to cripple faster things with Wisp and remove something very threatening to the team with DBond, most commonly checks to Bisharp + Keldeo or something that sweeps the team altogether, so to get the most out of Banette use it as so.

Team 6

Hoopa @ Salac Berry
Ability: Magician
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 8 SpD / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Sticky Web
- Skill Swap
- Toxic Spikes

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD
- Sucker Punch
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
So I wanted to build around SubSalac Hoopa with Nasty Plot, since I think it's a really cool mon that can sweep alot of unprepared teams with perfect coverage in Shadow Ball + Focus Blast. Near max HP investment coupled with its massive special defense lets it set up on practically any weak special attacker. Pokemon such as Clefable, defensive Starmie, Amoonguss and Chansey are all unable to break Hoopa's sub with one attack, effectively making them set-up fodder, and there isn't much that can stop this little guy once it gets going! (Stealing an opponents item with Magician after eating your berry is also the biggest kek)

Trouble is that even after eating its Salac Berry, Hoopa is still outsped by the likes of Mega Lopunny and Mega Manectric, as well as many common scarfers. So I decided Hoopa would benefit greatly from Sticky Web support. Shuckle and Galvantula both suck, so Smeargle was my webs setter of choice since it sucks slightly less and can still set hazards against Mega Sableye and Diancie teams using Skill Swap. Toxic Spikes are always appreciated for whittling, and at least give some way of beating Unaware mons. Smeargle also has the benefit of being able to put stuff to sleep, potentially giving Hoopa some free turns to set up.

Sand Rush Excadrill and priority users like Talonflame were looking like an issue for Hoopa. I was also going to need something that could blanket check like half the meta and I didn't have a rocks setter yet, so Lando was the way to go. Swords Dance lets it take on Mega Scizor and with webs support it can serve as an excellent backup wincon. Do note though that it won't outspeed anything faster than Keldeo.

With all these hazards, I needed some way to keep them up by preventing Defog. Zapdos is mostly seen on fat teams, which Hoopa 6-0s anyway, so really the only relevant Defoggers were the Lati twins. Naturally I needed a fast Pursuit trapper, so I decided on Weavile. Banded Weavile is also an amazing cleaner with both tspikes and webs support.

Unfortunately Lati is still getting off a Defog against everything else on my team. So I needed a way to get Weavile in safely without having to concede a Defog. Usually the only way this has been possible is by sacking a weakened mon to hazards as they try to Defog, but I'm not always going to have something weakened in the back. I needed a mon that dies to hazards as soon as it came in. I needed... Shedinja! Not only does it switch in to a load of things I'm otherwise weak to, but Shedinja also acts as a spinblocker, giving me another tool to help me win the hazards game. But even though I'd put it on the team just for the purpose of sacking it, Shedinja went above and beyond my expectations. A number of teams have very little for Swords Dance Shedinja and sometimes all it takes is getting rid of that one Pokemon before Shedinja just sweeps.

Lastly I needed a spinner, and I hadn't used my Mega Slot yet, so I threw Mega Blastoise on the team. I'm running enough speed to where it can outrun Scarf Tyranitar and anything slower when webs are up. Under the right conditions, this powerhouse can put in alot of work.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-370505925 - Hoopa snackwrap
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-370495026 - Sheddy snackwlap
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-370498812 - Close game where we both choke at the end :o
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-370512572 - Another win for Shed
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-381859603 - ★Mob Barley ▲: i dont think im ready for this heat

- False and GxK take the team for a spin in a PS live

Team 7

Vanilla (Chandelure) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Girl Power (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Blue Twinsie (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

#RIPVine (Tangrowth) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed

Marriland (Azumarill) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Bertha (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge
Here's a team built around Trick Chandulure. I love using Trick Chandulure, since it has the ability to have so much power while also outspeeding many things that would otherwise destroy it, like Weavile, and destroy them and it can cripple something whenever I choose to.

First off, Scarf Chandy packs dual STAB (Flamethrower over Fire Blast for reliability), Energy Ball for Water, Ground, and Rock-types and Trick to cripple walls or slow setup sweepers like Clefable. The Choice Scarf gives Chandy some much needed speed, allowing it to outspeed and KO Pokemon that are usually faster than it, like the previously mentioned Weavile and Gengar. Next, we have Mega Lopunny. Lopunny deals with the Rock and Dark-types that can KO Chandy, especially if I lock myself into Shadow Ball, and offers a ton of natural power. Lopunny also gives me a good revenge killer thanks to Fake Out and Lopunny's high speed. Seeing as my team couldn't deal with something like Tank Chomp or Scarf Keldeo very well and needs a Defogger, I decided to add Latios to the team. Latios offers powerful Dragon-type moves (Dragon Pulse) to deal with TankChomp, Psychic moves (Psyshock) to hit Keldeo and Mega Venusaur, and Defog to deal with hazards that annoy Chandulure. I chose Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor so I'm not forced to switch after KOing something with my main STAB at the loss of a lot of power. Having HP Fire gives my team a way to hit Scizor, Ferrothorn, and everything else that's weak to Fire if Chandulure is weakened or KOed. The team couldn't deal with opposing Mega Lopunny very well without having to rely on luck, as well as other physical attackers like Scarf Excadrill and Azumarill, so Tangrowth was added to check powerful physical attackers that the previous 3 Pokemon couldn't deal with and punishes them with it's Rocky Helmet. Also gives my team a Knock Off user and sleep inducer to aid my other Pokemon. To add powerful priority and Water and Fairy coverage, chose to add Banded Azumarill as a secondary revenge killer and just an overall powerful Pokemon, though I am considering giving Azu an Assault Vest instead for more Special Bulk. Lastly, I wanted a way to put up hazards and a way to deal with special attackers, so I added Specially Defensive Hippowdon. Sand Force over Sand Stream so I won't damage my own team or help out Excadrill (or Mega Garchomp, I guess) and punish Tyranitars.

Team 8

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Scrafty (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Doublade (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rest
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Pursuit

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Keldeo @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
Hey. Made this team before the Sableye-Mega suspect test so it's a little bit too overprepared for stall but whatever, it's still quite effective.
Scrafty + Doublade is a really nice underrated core. Scrafty is able to destroy most balance teams and unaware-less stall but has some stops to it such as Quagsire, Clefable, Talonflame, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Medicham, Togekiss and Mega Lopunny. Doublade switches into and pursuit traps Mega Medicham and Mega Gardevoir and cripples Unaware users and Talonflame with Toxic. Wanted to add Calm Mind Mega Latias because it lures in Unaware 'mons and does a lot of damage to them if not kill and because it appreciates Doublade dealing with Fairies. Next added Gliscor to counter Mega Diancie, Gengar, Mega Lopunny and Clefable and it's a really wincon for balance. Next added RestTalk Keldeo because the team is super weak to Bisharp and Weavile and lacks a hard hitter. Added Skarmory because I wanted Stealth Rock and Defog, while having another Mega Lopunny check.

vs abr's weavile stall: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-461065136
vs baton pass: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-461140241
vs mega medicham balance: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-461143226

Team 9

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 16 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Power Whip

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume

Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
Hi :), First time i post here.

With Sableye-Mega being suspected i think Jellicent is one of the best Ghost type in ORAS. It can deals with the brokencore also known as KeldTar and Antispin very well.The spread allows it to beat Ttar ( Band / Scarf) due to the combination of Colbur Berry and Wow. That's why i decided to go with an Hazard Stacking Team. With Jellicent i straight up added Hippo / Ferro core because of the capacity to handle a lot of jellicent's threats and being able to set-up Hazards.
Then i had my base which still needed support. I needed a Really good Revenge Killer to Fighting types and who could abuse of Hazards, zam seemed to be really good so i chosen it. i put protect because it given a safe Mega-Evo and be able to Revenge kill more easily. At last i added a Heatran / Clefable core to patch the remaining problems like Thundurus, Tornadus-T, Weavile, Kyurem-Black, and have a win-condition.Tran has roar to abuse of Hazards.

But after some game i realized that i needed another Revenge Killer who could beat flying types so i added Lando-T Scarf over Hippo and given Rocks to tran. Enjoy!(I'm not that good at speaking english so be generous with me, thx :]

Team 10

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 84 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
- Healing Wish
- Psychic

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Fake Out
If there's one thing you should know, I love spikes. When I saw I could use a ghost type, my mind went immediately to cofagrigius and trying to setup some juicy tspikes. Cof also works as its own spin blocker as an added bonus, so once those spikes are up, you're opponent is forced to defog to get them off the field. Because passive mons like cof can often be taken advantage of by sableye teams, the addition of an SD Crawdaunt can help to bust through the walls that accompany it. Crawdaunt also enjoys the chip damage from the tspikes as well allowing it lure in and status a few of the walls that might be able to take it on otherwise. Excadrill seemed like a nice option for some hazard control and gives me a very reliable clef answer and rocker. Celebi helped shore up a few of the teams weaknesses and the healing wish support is huge on a team with the limited recovery that this one has. It also allows me to play more aggresively with Loppuny and Crawdaunt in the early game. Hidden power fire is to improve the matchup against scizor and ferrothorn that I would otherwise struggle with. Lopunny helps my team keep dark types in check and I decided on the quick attack set for a little help against offense. Rotom-w checks a huge number of threats to the team including Talonflame and Landorus. The spread creeps 8 speed lando-T.

Team 11

Diancie @ Diancite
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Sleep Talk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave

Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
IVs: 28 HP
- Screech
- Reversal
- Substitute
- Earthquake

Jellicent (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Superpower
In early Oras I noticed that a good portion of teams lacked anything that could reliably switch into Shadow Ball so I decided to make a team with 3 Specs Ghosts to meme people in the later games of Showdown room tours. It was originally Specs Gengar, Hoopa, and Jellicent and then 3 random mons. I tried to make it a real team in the past and, while it did well sometimes, it was extremely inconsistent. But in the last couple weeks I put in a lot of time to get it where I'd like it to be so here it is. With Gengar you're mostly clicking stabs, but Icy Wind is for the common Ground type leads, while Sleep Talk is to reliably switch into Amoonguss and Venusaur. Every member needs to do their part so if one gets Slept and doesn't manage to do anything then it's usually a surefire loss. Specs Jellicent is a wallbreaker that is the team's only good switch into Water stabs, most notably from Keldeo. Scarf Chandelure functions as the team's cleaner and it does its job well thanks to its resistance to Bullet Punch and immunity to both Mach Punch and Extreme Speed. Dugtrio is here to deal with the mons that are resistant or immune to Ghost such as: Tyranitar, Bisharp, Chansey, Weavile, and Mega Lopunny. He's really the glue to the team. Mega Diancie was chosen to help keep Stealth Rock off for Gengar and Dugtrio and its typing makes it a decent check to Flying types. Choice Scarf Landorus-T wraps up the team by sealing its biggest holes: Excadrill in Sand and Mega Lopunny, while Dugtrio can trap the latter he cannot switch in and Landorus-t can handle it well enough.
I may add some replays later seeing as I expect everyone to be skeptical as to why it works.

Edit: I just got a tour replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-209607

Team 12

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Trick

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Toxic

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off
I started with Specs Chandelure+starmie. Specs Chandelure is such a monster because ghost resists are rare and the few mons that do resist ghost (bisharp, weavile, chansey) are taken out or crippled by fire blast/ trick. Starmie was obvoius, being the spinner of the team. Thunder Wave slowed down threats like the Latis and Tornadus-T so that chandelure could later revenge them. I then added Mega Diancie to pressure hazards even more, but to also lure in Landorus-T. I figured with chandelure already beating scizor,ferrothorn, and heatran, I could afford to run HP ice. Standard Landorus was next to take on sand and providing free switches into Chandelure. Scarf Keldeo provided speed to my otherwise slow team, and has been invaluable as it reveng kills things such as Mega Lopunny amd Mega Manectric. Finally I added Tyranitar to trap Latios and friends. Overall a cool bulky offense featuring chandelure.

e: tornt>ttar so serp doesnt 6-0.

Team 13

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Icy Wind

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Metagross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 96 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost
lol idk built this so long ago. something along the lines of diancie beats like every gengar check except gliscor so icy wind gengar and then i added 4 glue mons

Voting last until Monday at 11:00 PM GMT -5. May the best one win!

Cheers!

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
would vote team 12 but definitely some better sets could have been chosen :feelsbad:

so team 13 gets my vote because the sets are effective and have decent synergy

1 vivillon is bad.
2 any semistall without sab is bad and the team is passive as shit.
3 is cool, mgyara is underrated as fuck. submind chandelure is heat.
4 resttalk swampert is setup bait. weird team but it's ok
5 mega banette is bad
6 is a meme
7 has no steel type so clef 6-0s
8 cool balance but seems passive as shit. scizor check is a scald burn
9 jellotran + ferrothorn is a good core, zam is underrated but no solid weavile switch in
10 tspikes is bad
11 lacks a good mega lop check but solid otherwise. chandelure should be flash fire btw
12 is good
13 nothing is faster than 350 and lack of a good weavile check.

my vote goes to team 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)