Other OU Premier League - Manager Signups: UPDATE Manager List is Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
approved by ou mods & haunter
some of this op was taken from nupl

Welcome to the first ever OUPL! Certified homosexual users boltsandbombers and Recreant will be assisting me in hosting this by posting rounds and helping manage the signup threads. There will be signups for both team leaders and players.

There will be 8 teams. The slots will be 2 ORAS OU / 1 XY OU / 1 BW2 OU / 1 DPP OU (HGSS) / 1 ADV OU / 1 GSC OU / 1 RBY OU Bo3 + a slot for manager battles in case of tiebreaks (ORAS OU). I don't know how hyped this will be, so I'm starting with low numbers.

Here's what you'll be signing up for:
  • A chance to lead a team to victory in an amazing OU tournament!
  • Sending me your roster every week before deadline. I'm going with a weekly deadline of Friday @ 11:59 pm EST. If the roster isn't in, I'm filling it out for you.
  • Making sure your team stays active / subbing out inactive players. SPL inactivity rules apply.
Manager signups will close and player signups will take place on April 9th.
Username:
Team name:
Availability:
Why would you make a good manager?:
EXAMPLE said:
Username: xzern
Team name: The Built Bibarel
Availability: im always available, babe
Why would you make a good manager?: i'm hosting this entire premier league you tool
please direct all complaints to users boltsandbombers or Recreant because it's probably their fault
please note: not everyone who signs up here will become a captain. there will only be eight.

UPDATE: LIST OF MANAGERS

Jirachee (The Zapping Zapdos)
KratosMana (The Menacing Metagross)
Reverb (The Quirky Quilava)
shartruce2 (The Chartreuse Charmander)
Tokyo Tom (The Top Season Noctowl)
Tomahawk (The Lucky Lucario)
Valentine (The Manly Mawile)
Zamrock (The Brawling Bagon)

*Note: The plural of all Pokemon are the same as the singular, so I changed the team names slightly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: MYSTERIA
Team name: THE KICKASS KILLING KELDEOS
Availability: ALL DAY EVERYDAY
Why would you make a good manager?: I've got plenty of experience in OU, runs many threads in the forum and am pretty high on the ladder as well. I make tons of posts in the rankings and I'm sure im qualified enough in terms of skill.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Username: Jirachee
Team name: the Zapping Zapdoses
Availability: lol (all)
Why would you make a good manager?: I know most ou tiers pretty well as well as their playerbases and I've managed in SPL and WCoP before (reached playoffs in both.) I also rule.

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Username: KratosMana
Team name: The Menacing Metagrosses
Availability: All the time breh
Why would you make a good manager?: ORAS / XY OU has been my main tier for a while, i've played world cup and spl to a great level on it and know most of the ou players(ou room ones / tournament players).

Username: -Tsunami-
Team name: The Merciless Mightyenas
Availability: whenever
Why would you make a good manager?: I'm very active, and I know a solid amount about a lot of the OU metagames; I'm also a pretty good tournament player. I also know a lot of the good players. Between SPL and World Cup, and I've made the playoffs 7/7 times and won the tournament 3/7 times. I also managed this past SPL and my team won, so I'm clearly a good manager.

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Username: ELODIN
Team name: The Competitive Primeapes
Availability: All the time
Why would you make a good manager?: I won the last two team tournaments I joined, this can't be a coincidence. :} I also know almost every OU player and I have some experience in every OU metagame.

agreed fuck shake.

Last edited:
Username: Tomahawk
Team Name: The Lucky Lucarios
Availability: GMT +1, Most evenings except Tuesday and Thursday where I am available in the day
Why would you make a good manager: I have a bit of managing experience. I've captained Team Europe in WCOP, and managed Infernapes in RoAPL (which actually shares 5/6 tiers with this tour). For playing I'm decent.

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
Username: Zamrock
Team name: The Brawling Bagons
Availability: No life
Why would you make a good manager?: Have a great deal of knowledge in all related OU tiers. Played in tours such as SPL, POWC, POCL, and HPL in ORAS / XY / BW2 tiers and made finals in a DPP tour last week in Smogtours. I know a great deal of players that are good and want to give them a chance to get their name known

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
For those who havent noticed an XY OU slot has been added after some discussion and obvious demand. Later in the evening I will be making a list of what isnt allowed in terms of items and move tutors that were presented from the XY to ORAS transistion. Consider this post the placeholder for the list as well and this will be used in consecutive weeks. Thanks for reading and the support.

The following lists will provide what is banned from the XY OU format that were gained from the transition to ORAS. If there is anything missing please inform me via PM so that I may add it. This is a WIP so don't be alarmed if something isn't there right away but again message me if anything. Thanks.

Since this got some confusion already anything that was banned in XY originally like Mawilite is considered banned from the format. Anything else that remained in XY come the time that ORAS was released is allowed. When challenging you will not be allowed to use anything gained from ORAS.

Mega Stones
- Altarianite
- Audinite
- Beedrillite
- Cameruptite
- Diancite
- Galladite
- Glalite
- Latiasite
- Latiosite
- Lopunnite
- Metagrossite
- Pidgeotite
- Sablenite
- Sceptilite
- Sharpedonite
- Slowbronite
- Steelixite
- Swampertite

Abilities
- Contrary on Serperior
- Adaptability on Dragalge
- Rock Head on Tyrantrum
- Sheer Force on Feraligatr
- Reckless on Emboar

ORAS Move Tutors
- Absol: Knock Off/Superpower + Play Rough
- Azumarill: Knock Off / Any other past gen tutor moves + aqua jet + belly drum
- Chandelure: Trick + Infiltrator
- Weavile: Knock Off / Icicle Crash
- Greninja: Gunk Shot & Low Kick
- Diggersby: Knock Off & Elemental Punches

Last edited:

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Tokyo Tom
Team Name: The Top Season Noctowls
Availability: Yeah
Why would you make a good manager? If I were doing this for you then I'd have nothing left to prove, nah...I'm doing this for me though. I have some SPL experience and hence know the tournament player pool, but I also am familiar with the OU community from managing in similar tournaments such as OCL, and have bidding experience from both that and SPL mock drafts. I have multi-generational experience and believe I am generally fair and easy to get along with. Finally, I can understand my players on an emotional level by the copious amounts of OVO music I listen to, allowing us to "run through the six" together with our "woes". I'm just trying to say alive and take care of my people; but they don't have no award for that - trophies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: Pure Demize
Team name: THE COURAGEOUS CRAWDAUNTS
Availability: I don't sleep
Why would you make a good manager?: I'll actually be active, unlike the managers for OCL. I'll follow the guidelines etc etc. I know the player pool.

Last edited:
Reactions: ez
Username: Laurel
Team name: The Tokyo Typhlosion
Availability: When not sleeping
Why would you make a good manager?: Played since DPP. I'm very active. Managed Team EU in POWC to finals last year. I'm a people person ~n_n~ I know the player pool well and believe I can craft a beautiful team of veterans and newcomers.

*Cuddles Recreant*

Last edited:
username: smogon elitist
team name: im just going to pick my friends
availability: no life, im on irc, ps, skype, tagpro, and LoL with 11 of my e-friends that i will pick
why would you make a good manager?: i dont have any subscribers, i dont have many followers, im tryin my hardest to get many badges so they scroll, im pretty new but im on the come up, im a pinkey finger away from the juice, lemme do it

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ehh why not

Username: Clone
Team name: The Dirty Dragonites
Availability: more active than Clone
Why would you make a good manager?: i know whos good from the tour scene since i interview one a week; i know peeps from the ou room who are good because i supervise and mod the room tours there; i know peeps who are good on the forums cuz i post here all the time. i also have no life so im on like 24/7. im also a bad player and wont get drafted so this is the only way for me to actually participate \o/

shartruce

Chartreuse Charmanders/ US WEST 2015!
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'll give this a shot
username: shartruce2
Team name: The Chartreuse Charmanders
Availability: I'm pretty active
Why would you make a good manager? I have played most of the OU metas, was a manager in OCL (rip), reached top 16 in OLT, moderate the OU room chat and help out with the OU Weekly room tours. I am also an Eagle Scout like Reverb :)

Username: Prankster.
Team name: The Tenacious Talonflames(of course would change)
Availability: GMT -5 EST. Available most weekends all weekend, after 5 PM EST during the week, and most likely when needed outside of that.
Why would you make a good manager? I have plenty of management experience. Used to be a moderator in the OU room. I co-captained Metro for wcop last year, co-captaining for powc right now, and may captain Metro this year if Limitless doesn't come back. I know everybody in the OU room, know the player pool well, a lot of top players personally, been around a long time, part owner of a really popular private OU room, and just need the practice if I end up getting Metro. I'm easy to work with, very approachable, learn from mistakes, and have what it takes. Kevin Garrett taught me how to be a leader. I realize my recent behavior during SPL may not warrant me a position. But I'm really willing to work hard and learn from the past moving forward. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Vinc2612
Team name: Wild Smashers (Tyrantrum rules! :D)
Availability: Weekday's evening, weekends most of the days (gmt +2)
Why would you make a good manager?: I've been on Smogon for many years now, playing 6 out of the 7 tiers at high level. I know every tournament player, so I can easily make the best team possible. I am also known for being reliable, not making drama of any kind and for getting along with everyone on this site, which more or less guarantee that my team would run as smoothly as possible. It's also not the first time I would manage a team, either on a French equivalent or some other team tourneys.

Username:[Vod] tesung
Team name: The VoD VoDDers
Availability: when not on official VoD business
Why would you make a good manager?: I know the VoD playerbase very well, everyone else is irrelevant. Also my wrath is to be feared

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
Since this got some confusion already anything that was banned in XY originally like Mawilite is considered banned from the format. Anything else that remained in XY come the time that ORAS was released is allowed. When challenging you will not be allowed to use anything gained from ORAS
Just in case people don't know what's going on, this means Greninja is allowed in XY OU. Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)