Other OU Player of the Week #17: Lyconik

Status
Not open for further replies.
advice on predicting whether opponent has zard y or zard x?
is sand offense still good in ORAS?
thoughts on scizor?
Most of people use Charizard-X now. If the team have pursuit support, he might be Char-Y.
Sand offense is pratically only Tyranitar + Excadrill, and yes, this core is still good.
Good pokemon, but have a harder time due to the rise of fast Heatran and SD Gliscor. Still successfull thought, but also face competition with M-Metagross.
Who are they ?
bernar492
favourite set of Landorus-I ?
I like the Special Attacker with Hp Ice.

Other questions :

1. Do you miss BW1 metagame (Lando-I Sand Force, no Kyu-B etc)?

2. Top 5 BW OU / ORAS OU underrated threats?

3. Top 5 BW OU / ORAS OU underrated sets?

4. You want excadrill back in BW OU without Sand Rush. Considering Smogon philosophy, that would mean banning Sand Rush from BW OU. Do you think Stoutland and Sandslash are not relevant enough in the current metagame to destroy their potential just for 1 Pokémon?

5. Which do you think is the best to get into an old gen between :
a. Get teams on internet, try to play the metagame to learn it, and when you feel able to do it, build your own team.
b. Watch last SPL replays, this will give you a idea on how is the metagame right now. Look at BW OU Ranking Thread. Go on Old Gens room and find some good player to face.

6. Why do you think Genesect and Aegislash could have a good impact on the metagame?

7. Do you think banning Metagross-Mega will automatically make Diancie-Mega Broken?

8. Do you think sometimes threats in OU should not be banned because the OU will become boring if we ban them (i.e. banning Metagross + Diancie)?

9. Do you agree with the sentence "If you find X broken, then abuse it to prove to everyone it's broken, and then it could be banned."

10. Is there any tournaments on Smogon you consider as completely impossible for you to win it?

11. The game you loose and still have regrets?

12. The game you loose and was the most horrible/unfair loose for you? Did you accept it?

13. You said you are now a big player. Does it affect how you prepare your games? Are you afraid of being "The one if I beat I could be proud of myself"? Do you think it's easier to prepare for battles when you are unknown / underdog?
1. Yes I miss this metagame, but I don't think it was better than current BW2. It's just 'different'

2. For BW :
1 - Toxicroak
2 - Hydreigon
3 - Victini
4 - Conkeldurr
5 - Virizion

3. For BW :
1 - Infernape Mixed Attacker
2 - Mew Nasty Plot
3 - Terrakion SD + Rock Gem
4 - Salamence Mixed Attacker
5 - Slowking TR

4. Surely no. In an ideal world, we could just remove Sand Rush on Excadrill, but that's a complex ban.

5. Or you can do both a and b.

6. I didn't say they will have a good impact on the metagame. But they check some of the new mega like Diancie, Metagross or Altaria and it's a good thing. But they also increase the number of threats in ORAS, so in final, that's not a good idea.

7. I don't think it will make M-Diancie broken. Even if it does, that's not an argument against the ban of M-Metagross, since we could ban M-Diancie as well, and have a wealthy metagame.

8. I don't see things that way. Banning pokemons doesn't make the game boring, just more viable. I don't know, maybe if we ban Metagross + Diance, we are gonna see new threats rising like after the Aegislash's ban.

9. If there is something that is broken, it's surely gonna be ban no matter if you used it or no.

10. No. completely unlikely, yes (I'm thinking about ST because I have a poor level in DPP), but impossible, never.

11. The third game for the first bo3 against Chimpact in OLT's final. I regrets because I had some way to win but I just managed to choke this.

12. I remember a game against Conflict for RoAPL when he managed to win with a Hydropump crit + para against my Hydreigon. I couldn't do nothing to change that, so yeah I accept it, but I was still sad.

13. It change nothing how I prepare against my opponent.
I'm not afraid of being "The one if I beat I could be proud of myself" because it means that you are recognized in your tier, but I have a long trip before being that guy.
Yes, because people don't know what you like to use and how you play in general. Thought you can overcome that by changing regularly your playstyle and playing aggressively.

Cats or dogs?
Cats.

1. On a scale from 1 to Zenadark how good is your level in your opinion ?

2. Shall i begin BW, is it worth it ?

3. How do you fine heliolisk ? Should it be banned from ubers ?

4. How does it feels like to win a black trophy ? Don't you think leftiez and twin citiez deserve one ?
1. You can't make a scale from 1 to 0, sorry. (No disrepect Zenadark, it's just a joke)

2. Yes, I can help you if you want.

3. I think you should not use that private joke.

4. If there was a trophy that reward the darkest member, I think Leftiez will deserved it.

Top 5 cancerous mons
1 - Gothitelle
2 - Jirachi
3 - Togekiss
4 - M-Sableye
5 - M-Latias

Did you ever see Landorus as an old man and Lando-T his dog? I know I do, I call the three genies Grandfather #1 (Tornadus), Grandfather #2 (Thundurus), and Grandfather #3 (Landorus)
Whats your catchphrase/motto?

Last edited:
1. Is your glass half full or half empty?
2. When do you play your best? When do you play your worst?(what type of mood your in)(a lot of pressure no pressure)
3. What player would you least want to face in an oras ou tournament?(final match)
4. What is the least effective play style on the ladder and in tournaments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)