Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power Fire

this core takes inspiration from mantine + tapu lele by slightly increasing it's offensive presence with toxapex instead of mantine. toxic spikes are a devastating prospect to introduce to an team as they apply tons of pressure on the opposition to absorb or remove them before they cause any long-lasting damage. toxapex also presents itself as a much larger catch-all to more threats than mantine does while also being much sturdier due to regenerator + recover.

Toxapex @ Shed Shell
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Steam
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

mega tyranitar is an extremely potent sweeper and as such, it very much appreciates entry hazard support to reach said goal. toxapex, again, presents itself as a very good teammate as it checks a large portion of what can threaten tyranitar such as keldeo, (ash) greninja, mega lopunny, mega heracross, etc. toxic spikes itself is a very good entry hazard as it wears down mons' such as tangrowth and mew as well as weakening fast, frail mons so sweeping isn't much of a hard task for tyranitar.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-up Punch
- Ice Punch

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

mega lopunny isn't the hottest mega on the block atm but it can always be a threat. specifically, power-up punch is a good option that makes lopunny a legitimate threat against most team archetypes except stall. as with the previous core, mega lopunny greatly appreciates entry hazards to make its life so much easier. thus, dual hazard greninja is right at home here as it pressures an insane amount of mons like tangrowth, mew, toxapex, and amoonguss with it's access to toxic spikes and regular spikes. dark pulse + ice beam is also excellent coverage that works well in tandem with what mega lopunny would appreciate.

Balance Core

+

Mega Lopunny is not good as it was in oras, the rise in usage and the addition of bulky things like Mew, Toxapex, Phys Def Celesteela, etc. really hurts its viability, but its still a really good mon against some type of builds (Offensive ones specially). Reuniclus, on the other hand can use as a set-up bait most of the lopunny's defensive answers with its ability Magic Guard alongside Calm Mind and a nice bulk. Also, Reuniclus attracts dark types and mega lopunny just destroy them.

This core pairs very well with Toxic spikes because mega lopunny forces a lot of switches and reuni stays in the battleground a lot of time.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Quick Attack / Ice Punch / whatever you want
- Fake Out

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball / Focus Blast
- Recover

Offensive core

All we know M-Gardevoir isn't that good like it was in ORAS due the prevalence of fat steel-types such as Ferrothorn, Celesteela, Heatran, among others, as well as Tapu Lele filling nearly all of its niches. Also, being Dugtrio everywhere, it prevent M-Garde from denting defensive cores. However, unlike Tapu Lele, it can be paired with priority with more freedom and it enjoys having strong priority to help with its speed issue. This two mon have really good offensive sinergy, M-Gardevoir can wear down mutual checks such as AV Magearna, Tangrowth, Ferrothorn, as well as putting great dents to Mantine with Psyshock to Ash-Ninja to take advantage. In return, Ash-Ninja helps M-Gardevoir against faster builds with its high speed and strong priority. Greninja enjoys Gardevoir's ability to check Keldeo, while beating M-Venu, Amoonguss and Toxapex, while Ash-Ninja beats Heatran, and can 2HKO Celesteela, major threaths to M-Garde. I feel Spikes Ash-Ninja is great in this core to make M-Gardevoir more deadly to switch-in, while pressuring random threats with the residual damage to prepare a late-game sweep with Ash-Ninja. Taunt is needed in M-Gardevoir to deal with slow defog mons like Tapu Fini, defensive Zapdos and Mew, while, the offensive ones like Latios gets KOed if goes for the Defog.
To round out this core, I feel SD Z-Fly Landorus-T is an incredible partner. It can beat most checks to aforementioned mons as well as helping with Stall alongside M-Gardevoir.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute / Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Nature Power / Rock Slide

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Horn Leech

It seems like everyone (including myself) is on the Camel hype train, and for good reason. When paired with Tapu Bulu, they can break through each others checks and counters. Bulu can beat basically anything that Camel baits in, like Lati@s, Gastrodon, Mantine, Zygarde, and Tapu Fini. Camel can do the same thing for Bulu, as it beats the stuff that wants to come in on Bulu, like Zapdos, Celesteela, Skarmory, and Mew. Since Bulu provides Grassy Terrian, this can turn Camel's nature power into Energy Ball, which allows it to blow through Gastrodon and Tapu Fini. Grassy Terrian also removes Camerupt's Earthquake weakness, as well as giving it passive recovery, which can be very nice if Camel has Sub. Bulu helps helps with Stall, which Camerupt can struggle with because of Chansey. The Camel's spread was the one that bro fist used in WCoP, as it outspeeds AV Tang. You can basically run anything in the slots that aren't Earth Power or Fire Blast, as Camel has plenty of options to run in the last slots. Highly recommend you try this core, its pretty good imo.

Gallade-Mega @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

-----or-----

Tapu Lele @ Shed Shell
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gallade + Lele is a neat core. Lele provides Psychic Terrain which powers up Gallade's Zen Headbutt so it can hit Clef, Lando, Zapdos, and Tang harder. Gallade also can hit some of Lele's checks pretty hard like Magearna, Celesteela, Heatran, and Mew. Either Lele set works, scarf helps vs offense and shed helps vs stall. Not much more to say, pretty cool core.

/
+

Toxapex (F) @ Eject Button
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

-----or-----

Alomomola @ Eject Button
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Toxic / Knock Off
- Protect

Dugtrio @ Groundium Z
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Screech
- Reversal / Toxic

Eject Button Fat Regen Water + Duggy is a pretty well known core at this point. These two are able to pivot in vs stuff that duggy can trap like Heatran, Ttar, Mawile, Kyub, Chansey, Toxapex, and Magearna (kinda). Duggy then just eliminates it from the game and makes the game much easier for a teammate. This core is best paired with something that loves duggy support like Zard Y or Volc. Pretty annoying and well known core.

Latios @ Eject Button
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Defog / Psyshock
- Roost

Dugtrio @ Groundium Z
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Screech
- Reversal / Toxic

Eject Button Latios was something that I found in the WCoP Creative Sets Thread posted by p2 (link to his post is here). Eject Button Latios can pivot vs Tran, Pex, Chansey, and Mega Camerupt, and force in Duggy to trap and kill them. Surf on Lati allows it break trans sub so that duggy can effectively trap it. Run Defog if your team needs it, if not run Shock. This core is best paired with Zard Y specifically, but really anything that like tran/pex/chans removed. This core is so strange but it works, and I love it personally.

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Roost
- Bullet Punch

HP Ice Sciz is pretty cool since it is able to take on and heavily damage Zygarde, non-Fire Fang Chomp, and Lando. HP Ice Sciz works well with CB Zyg as it baits in and beats defensive lando, one of Zyg's best answers. Sciz also puts huge pressure on Tang, Bulu, and non-Flamethrower Clef, all of which take on Zyg. Sciz also baits in and uturns on stuff like Heatran, Celesteela, and Toxapex, which Zygarde can take advantage of. The two just have great defensive synergy too, as Zyg takes on fire attacks from Tran or Zard Y for Sciz, and Sciz takes on Ice, Dragon, and Fairy attacks from the likes of Kyub, Garchomp, and Magearna. Pretty cool core here.

That's all I got for now, enjoy :]

new megas ! !

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnezone synergieses pretty well with Mega-Altaria, trapping the steel-types immune or not weak to earthquake like Celesteela, mega-Scizor or ferro and dealing with them efficiently with either its stab or super-effective coverage. Other Fairies can also prove troublesome to Altaria, unboosted, koko and lele outrun it and can deal massive damage to it, unaware clef can somewhat wall it or cripple it w status infliction, a lot of different variants of magearna irritate altaria, which magnezone can take care of sufficiently the majority of the time.

Last edited:

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Please avoid posting Mega Diancie cores until it is at least legal on the ladder, otherwise it's just theorymonning. Just wait until the server updates please. I would also advise waiting a few days in general.

Last edited:

General Specific (Ampharos-Mega) (M) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Toxic / Heal Bell

Thomas the Tank (Araquanid) @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leech Life
- Liquidation
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Fun bulky offense core I've been waiting to use. MAmpharos has almost no business in OU these days, but it makes a good pivot and hits like a truck with base 165 SpA. Coupled with the slowest Volt Switch in the tier and it's great bulk, it can switch in on a number of threats, including Zapdos, Magnezone, Volcarona, MSableye, Celesteela, MScizor, Pelipper, and Tapu Bulu. It couples nicely with Araquanid, who appreciates Flying types being weakened and decimates even its checks with Water Bubble-boosted Liquidation. It switches in on defensive Ground and Grass types easily and is a great wallbreaker in general. I'm using this on a BO squad but it would be fun on Trick Room as well.

Last edited:

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 196 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire
- Volt Switch

Pretty good defensive core I've been using a lot on bulky offense since it's able to wall a large portion of the metagame right now, while providing utility in Stealth Rock + Defog and also Volt-Turn. Defensive Lando-T + AV Magearna has been a well-known bulky offense core for a while now since Landorus can deal with a lot of threatening Physical attacker such as Zygarde and Garchomp, while Magearna can take on most special attackers of the tier. Mantine is a great addition to this core since it can deal with the Fire types, such as Charizard-Y, while also providing Defog support. It also has the advantage of not being trapped by Dugtrio, making it a very sturdy check to the very popular Zard-Y + Dugtrio. The core is pretty weak to Z-Wild Charge Tapu Koko since it can break through Magearna, which would usually check special variants, but it is overall pretty solid defensive backbone for bulky offense teams.

EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Return
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Dance

Empoleon @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roar
- Scald
- Toxic

This is my first upload. Please be gentle. So being the fact that the Altarianite was released (sorta) i figured id upload a core for the big fluff ball. This is a defensive core centered around Mega Altaria (Gen 6's King DDD set) and Empoleon. Both have great defensive synergy with each other and help each other out through being a cleric and a hazard remover. Though this pair may look passive Mega Altaria isn't a slouch. With dragon dance Mega Altaria can slowly setup and do some damage. Empoleon can also serve as an anti-setup pokemon with roar and toxic.

*Since you're using defog i would suggest pokemon that rely on hazard removal. Dugtrio makes a pretty good partner and gives ground type coverage especially since Mega Altaria runs mono fairy type coverage. Also do keep in mind that Pixilate was nerfed so you can either stack the team with offensive teammates OR run an offensive set.

Hope you get some use out of this core and please don't be shy to offer suggestions. Best of luck and thank you!

Last edited:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roost

Two Pokemon I never dreamed I'd still be using in 2017. Unaware Clefable is probably one of the most underrated defensive threats in the tier. It gives balanced teams some flexibility and insurance against set-up offense and makes covering all these new sweepers much easier. It also acts as a cleric, which can be needed on bulkier teams, and can still set rocks. Another underrated defensive threat is SpDef Mantine. I think this is its niche in OU and counters most of the special attackers in the tier bar Electrics. Defog support and Roost mean that it's fairly self-sustaining, and Scald/Toxic is tried and true.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-616421364
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-616437409

Last edited:
new megas ! !

Jolly Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnezone synergieses pretty well with Mega-Altaria, trapping the steel-types immune or not weak to earthquake like Celesteela, mega-Scizor or ferro and dealing with them efficiently with either its stab or super-effective coverage. Other Fairies can also prove troublesome to Altaria, unboosted, koko and lele outrun it and can deal massive damage to it, unaware clef can somewhat wall it or cripple it w status infliction, a lot of different variants of magearna irritate altaria, which magnezone can take care of sufficiently the majority of the time.

Love how Pokeaim used this core in his showcase! I feel Mega Altaria is a complicated Pokémon that i have a hard time building a team for BECAUSE of its many qualities

PQD

I COULD BE BANNED!
Diancie-Mega + Choice Specs Magnezone
Diancite has been released a few days ago, so obviously, I ran on it to build.. Magnezone is a great team-mate to Diancie-Mega because it destroys all Diancie-Mega counters like Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Celesteela, Scizor-Mega or Toxapex. With Magnezone support, Hidden Power Fire is not needed anymore on Diancie; Hidden Power Ice and Diamond Storm are seeming be the better options, OHKOing Landorus-Therian or Charizard-Mega-Y. Moonblast + Earth Power is a very good Coverage which not really needs Diancie's attack Diamond Storm but killing Charizard-Mega-Y is cool. You can play Rock Polish over it to outspeed Dugtrio.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Rock Polish / Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm / Hidden Power [Ice]

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder / Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Why I play Thunder -> http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-creative-underrated-sets.3604769/page-2#post-7473057

Last edited:
i don't want this to turn into a m-diancie spam thread, but i'd thought i'd chip in

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rock Polish

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

or

Heatran @ Groundium Z / Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power / Solar Beam
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Bulu @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Wood Hammer

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Mega-Diancie appreciates the presence of Heatran, 4x resisting steel while taking on a lot of steel-types with it's stab super-effective attacks as well as grass-types like bulu, tang and certain variants of mega-venu. Or, alternatively tran can run a bloom doom lure set to lure bulky-waters and ground-types. As i'm sure you've noticed, diancie and heatran are both highly susceptible to ground-types, namely dugtrio and water-types, that's when Tapu Bulu comes in. Weaking opposing ground-type attacks for diance and tran, while resisting both ground and water.

-------------

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Ice]

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power Ice
- Heat Wave
- Roost

(defog could be ran instead if the team requires it)

Nihilego is a mon that's not seen very frequent usage over last couple of weeks, but this is a fun yet effective core i've been using recently. Nihielgo complements Suicune nicely, absorbing tspikes whilst being able to set them up, giving suicune a much easier time setting up and stalling away at foes with protect + sub. Zapdos is mainly here for the pessimistic celepex core, which both deter with nihilego and cune heavily while also taking care of mons like annoyances like ferro effectively. although it was this wcop game that introduced me to this core, but i made some changes here n there

PQD

I COULD BE BANNED!
new megas ! !

Jolly Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Nice core but you should run Frustration over Return on Altaria-Mega. Ditto can't Revenge Kill it because it has 255 happiness points..

EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Return
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Dance

Empoleon @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roar
- Scald
- Toxic

This is my first upload. Please be gentle. So being the fact that the Altarianite was released (sorta) i figured id upload a core for the big fluff ball. This is a defensive core centered around Mega Altaria (Gen 6's King DDD set) and Empoleon. Both have great defensive synergy with each other and help each other out through being a cleric and a hazard remover. Though this pair may look passive Mega Altaria isn't a slouch. With dragon dance Mega Altaria can slowly setup and do some damage. Empoleon can also serve as an anti-setup pokemon with roar and toxic.

*Since you're using defog i would suggest pokemon that rely on hazard removal. Dugtrio makes a pretty good partner and gives ground type coverage especially since Mega Altaria runs mono fairy type coverage. Also do keep in mind that Pixilate was nerfed so you can either stack the team with offensive teammates OR run an offensive set.

Hope you get some use out of this core and please don't be shy to offer suggestions. Best of luck and thank you!
Same, nice core but Frustration is better. Refresh is a better option than Heal Bell on Altaria-Mega because it has 32 PPs, so it can't be PPs wasted by WoW or Toxic.

And please gary don't delete this post a new time, this is not an edit of my post ...

Nice core but you should run Frustration over Return on Altaria-Mega. Ditto can't Revenge Kill it because it has 255 happiness points..

Same, nice core but Frustration is better. Refresh is a better option than Heal Bell on Altaria-Mega because it has 32 PPs, so it can't be PPs wasted by WoW or Toxic.

And please gary don't delete this post a new time, this is not an edit of my post ...
there is like no reason to ever run refresh over heal bell as refresh only heals your status ailments

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Reflect Type / Thunder Wave

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect / Toxic
Interesting defensive core that takes advantage of some of the more obvious meta trends - namely, Char-Y + Dugtrio, Lando-T, as well as Bulu and Gren to lesser extents. Mega Latias is a great answer to Char-Y, Dugtrio, Lando-T and is generally a great special sponge. Celesteela handles the things that M-Latias falls prey to, mainly Fairies like Magearna (at least the variants that M_Lati can't handle, such as Z-Fleur), Dragons like Zygarde and Chomp, as well as stuff that can set up on it like M-Scizor and M-Ttar.

Thunder Wave is an option if you have enough answers to Tyranitar and Magearna and would rather have a way to cripple things like Latios for the rest of the match. Failing that, you can also run max HP + max Speed if you want to speed-tie them straight out the gate, or remove some Speed and put it into Defense for things like Adamant Zygarde (though this should only be done if you already have enough answers for Char-Y and imo it kinda defeats the point of using m-latias in the first place). Similarly, Toxic on Celesteela is nice if you want to put Zapdos on a timer. Running a fully physdef spread on it can also be nice to sponge things like Chomp and M-Pinsir better, but you'll definitely need a better Lele check as a result.

This core loses to Magma Storm Heatran, Specs Koko, and setup sweepers like Char-X / Volcarona packing Bug Buzz. Teammates like Gastrodon and Toxapex are nice, and you can also pair this with the Bulu + Mew core for hazard control if necessary (thankfully, M-Lati + Celesteela don't care about Spikes on their side of the field). Scarf Gren is also an option for those inclined, since it also helps deal with opposing scarfers.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Reflect Type / Thunder Wave

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect / Toxic

This core loses to Magma Storm Heatran,
I wouldn't say that is true as long as you're using Reflect Type. Magma Tran relies on Toxic to dish out its damage, and when Latias gains Fire/Steel typing, Toxic won't affect Latias, and it can still, despite Latias's new neutrality to Magma Storm, be stalled out of Magma Storms since it'll won't do much damage regardless and you'll have more Recovers along with Magma Storm's chance to miss as well. Also, since Latias still has Levitate, Earth Power won't affect it, either. Taunt might be an issue, though, but Heatran's still forcing itself to be chipped by Thunderbolt regardless.

+

Cofagrigus @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fire Fang
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch

I don't think this has been posted.. This is an offensive core that aims to punch holes, usually early game, but really any time. Cofagrigus is a very difficult pokemon to OHKO; essentially you need a powerful, super effective, STAB hit, or a powerful specs-boosted SpAtker (like lele's psychic in terrain). This means it's fairly easy to set up a trick room. I often lead with cofag since most common leads can't KO him. If you think you can live two hits, set up a NP before TR, cause not much can live a +2 NeN, so you'll likely get a kill. After setting TR and using your z-move, you want to die, so stay in on whatever and fire off one more shadow ball before going down.
Now you should have begun softening their team with the z-move, and have 2-3 turns of trick room left for MMaw, which roughly translates to 2-3 kills.
Metagame trends this capitalizes on: lack of ghost switchins outside of chansey and greninja, the former of which lets mmaw come in and get kills, the latter of which is OHKOd by +2 Hp Fight. Lots of setup sweepers means you can go for a reverse sweep with TR, and cofag has the bulk to eat many +1 hits and set up. And just the basic fact that MegaMaw is currently legal and under TR is easily one of the most dangerous mons in the game. Finally, cofag is a good switch in to MegaMedi, MegaLop, and MegaGallade, essentially forcing these powerhouses out while it sets up.

I've used this both on dedicated TR and off, and I like it off TR better. On bulky offense, for example, those trick room turns can be used to your advantage so that your walls move first against pure offense, etc. It's straightforward, but I've found it to be a lot of fun, since it provides a unique answer to rain and webs and the like that can fit on any playstyle in the balance - offense range.

Anyone have a good core for CM/Stored Power M-Lati?
This may not be what you´re looking for, but something that could work would be Mega Latias + a Fighting Type, Keldeo would be a good pick. Mega Latias´ moveset would be Stored Power, a coverage move, such as Thunderbolt to hit Skarmory and most primarly Celesteela which resist Stored Power, Calm Mind and Roost. This Mega Latias set is best used as a late game sweeper, or try to set up early game if your opponent doesn´t have good answers to it. Keldeo is there to simply beat Dark Types like Tyranitar and Greninja, Steel Types that can´t be hit by Thunderbolt such as Scizor and Ferrothorn, and then to apply pressure using it´s Water Type STAB vs Psychic Types like Mew which give Mega Latias trouble. In exchange, Mega Latias can deal with Water Types that Keldeo can´t break throught, Tapu Fini and Toxapex being the most relevants.

Anyone have a good core for CM/Stored Power M-Lati?
I would say M-Latias+Keldeo+Magnezone or Heatran as a core. As Red_GT said, Keldeo beats most M-Latias answers, and Magnezone can trap and KO those Keldeo can't as well as providing a Fairy-Type check. Heatran is good because it can deal with nearly any Steel-Type as well as Fairy-Type and it helps with Stall with its SubToxic set and benefits from M-Latias's ability to switch-in into Water and Fighting moves as well as serving as offensive check for the likes of Zygarde, Garchomp and Lando-T

Mega Diancie + Landorus-Therian

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down

Probably one of the most standard offensive cores ever imo. Mega Diancie is great in this metagame. One of the few things it struggles with is mons like Mega Venusaur, Tangrowth, Celesteela, Magearna, etc. Landorus-T provides as a nice check to all those mons as well as providing rocks for this core. Probably one of my favorite pairings with Mega Diancie atm. You absolutely need a water resist for this core to prevent Ash-Greninja, Keldeo, etc. from just destroying you. Toxapex, Tangrowth, and Keldeo are ideal partners.

Last edited:

Carnies Vengance

Banned deucer.
+

Cofagrigus @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fire Fang
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch

I don't think this has been posted.. This is an offensive core that aims to punch holes, usually early game, but really any time. Cofagrigus is a very difficult pokemon to OHKO; essentially you need a powerful, super effective, STAB hit, or a powerful specs-boosted SpAtker (like lele's psychic in terrain). This means it's fairly easy to set up a trick room. I often lead with cofag since most common leads can't KO him. If you think you can live two hits, set up a NP before TR, cause not much can live a +2 NeN, so you'll likely get a kill. After setting TR and using your z-move, you want to die, so stay in on whatever and fire off one more shadow ball before going down.
Now you should have begun softening their team with the z-move, and have 2-3 turns of trick room left for MMaw, which roughly translates to 2-3 kills.
Metagame trends this capitalizes on: lack of ghost switchins outside of chansey and greninja, the former of which lets mmaw come in and get kills, the latter of which is OHKOd by +2 Hp Fight. Lots of setup sweepers means you can go for a reverse sweep with TR, and cofag has the bulk to eat many +1 hits and set up. And just the basic fact that MegaMaw is currently legal and under TR is easily one of the most dangerous mons in the game. Finally, cofag is a good switch in to MegaMedi, MegaLop, and MegaGallade, essentially forcing these powerhouses out while it sets up.

I've used this both on dedicated TR and off, and I like it off TR better. On bulky offense, for example, those trick room turns can be used to your advantage so that your walls move first against pure offense, etc. It's straightforward, but I've found it to be a lot of fun, since it provides a unique answer to rain and webs and the like that can fit on any playstyle in the balance - offense range.
You have any replays of this core in action? Im very interested in it

Offensive Ash-Greninja Core
Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Latios @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost/Defog

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 224 HP / 240 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

This has quickly become my absolute favorite core and I am really surprised it hasn't been posted yet. Z-Thunder Latios lures in things like Mantine and Tapu Fini for Ash-Greninja. It can also lure Celesteela, allowing the team to abuse threats like Mega Pinsir. Latios also helps weaken AV Magearna for Ash-Greninja. AV Magearna is for pivoting vs Toxapex, Choice Scarf Tapu Lele, ect, which this core has trouble with. The Magearna spread is to creep 0 speed Skarmory without compromising any of Magearna's bulk. Other offensive threats that appreciate Toxapex weakened, Celesteela gone, Mantine gone, and other Magearnas weakened are great teammates. Playing aggressively is the best way to use this core, as it lacks a physical pivot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)