Project OU Community Create a Team | COMPLETED (see p. 22, post #545)

Status
Not open for further replies.
was busy yesterday night and today + i wanted to hold it off to get more votes. sorry!

winner is rotom-w. that means the team is terrakion | mega lopunny | jirachi | rotom-w; keep this in mind when submitting the next members. i'm gonna give a whole week (8/12) for submitting new members for the team this time around to sorta even out the schedule a bit. also for this submission phase, you can submit one OR two pokemon to finish the team. if you have a good idea of how to finish off the team, feel free to post two pokemon. if you aren't sure about finishing off the team, but you have a logical fifth member in mind, feel free to only post one pokemon n_n.

enjoy!

Defensive Landorus-t

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Ice

So atm stuff like medicham and mega lopunny have tons of fun with the team due to the lack of a fighting resist. Landorus provides that and allows free switches into terrakion and lopunny. The moves are standard except hp ice which smacks stuff like double dance lando and sd chomp for good damage which we are weak to both of, though ice punch on lopunny does help (imo pup>ice punch so we don't 6-0 to mega Venu). Even tho we have rocks on rachi already, imo lando sets rocks better.

Gonna nom two 'mons because why not

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 18 Spe
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Currently, the build is incredibly susceptible to threats like Mega-Lopunny and Mega-Medicham; the latter being especially a hassle to deal with as it can come in on Rotom-W or Jirachi via voltturn or whatever, then nab a free kill. The team also lacks any decent anti-Sableye 'mons aside from Lopunny, which fails to switch in decently since it fears Will-O-Wisp. Clef solves these issues well, while also providing much needed stallbreaking power provided its stops on stall have been pressured.

The EV spread is tailored to avoid the 2HKO from adamant Medi's HJK with the rest dumped into SpD, while the IVs minimize damage from Ferro's Gyro Ball.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Trick

The build currently has no decent means of stopping Zard-X and lacks a Keldeo switchin, so Scarf Lati fits nicely here. Due to its base 110 speed, it can outspeed and effectively revenge kill Zard-X at +1 with Draco. Lati also provides a switchin to Rotom-W which annoys the build greatly.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
you can just pick clef + latios now lol. You're kidding yourself if Lando-T is gonna get picked with everything you still need to cover.

voting is over; clefable + latios wins, finishing off the team!!! this means the final team is:

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP / 236 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 18 Spe
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Latios @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Trick
these are the sets that were submitted (other than terrakion since that person didn't submit a set). as stated earlier, we're not going to hold a workshop this time around. in place of the workshop, the thread will stay open for a little while for people to post suggestions on what to change on the team. you can make pretty much any suggestions you want as long as they don't involve replacing terrakion or like totally changing the team. from there, Nedor and i will look over the suggestions and tweak the team with them in mind. once that is over, Nedor and the OU forum mods will decide whether to continue this project for another round or to end it.

to kickstart discussion a bit, i think changing jirachi from specially defensive to choice scarf could help; it'd allow us to change latios to CM, helping with slowbro a bit. from there, we can make clefable our rocker. i don't think these changes are necessary, but they might be fun to test :o.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I would run this speedy rotom set so the build doesnt get 6-0d by offensive sd scizor as well as consider hp fire>trick or roost on latios.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
like the changes hail fall mentioned since the team is very weak to zor. i think scarf rachi (and in turn rocks clef / lo 3 atks roost or cm latios) helps the team quite a bit. but I must say, if we make rachi scarf and lati cm life orb or 3 atks roost, i think twave is necessary on rotom for zard x

Last edited:
fyi changing lati from scarf makes the team extremely zard-x weak, as +1 d-claw from zard-x deals roughly 70% to rotom-w, so even t-wave rotom-w is hardly a decent stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)