Other Metagames Grand Slam

Any chance we could set an earlier start date for this? I discussed this with Eevee when it was first announced, but basically, Smogon Grand Slam went on until the end of November last year, and it's already been about one month since the announcement, and judging from how things have gone so far, it seems like interest will have dwindled considerably by the first week of December or whenever this was planned to be announced.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Any chance we could set an earlier start date for this? I discussed this with Eevee when it was first announced, but basically, Smogon Grand Slam went on until the end of November last year, and it's already been about one month since the announcement, and judging from how things have gone so far, it seems like interest will have dwindled considerably by the first week of December or whenever this was planned to be announced.
While I agree that the timing for the announcement may not have been the best, December sounds like a decent time to start this to me because it's kind of the opposite of when we have OMPL. This way we can get the Circuit Tours nicely balanced throughout the year. (It may seem like a long time right now, but otherwise the next period will be even longer.)

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Eevee general/kit kasai/uselesscrab/insert name here ish layme and wont gitt pest the first round imo. not smash talk just speaking the truth‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

...no but seriously though, im still considering whether or not ill join. my work has pretty erratic times, so i never know when i'm working or not at the last second. i might have to just not join this one. i was kinda looking forward to it, in hopes of redeeming my horrible losing streak with the blisseys lmao. so good luck to everyone who is joining. you all fail lel especially kit krapsai gg no re

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TEG/TI, I'm sorry this is off topic for OMGS, but it needs to be said.

because monotype is terrible
I'm sick of this guy trashing Monotype in our threads and no one saying anything. He does it every time he posts in a thread that pertains to Monotype (this, MonoPL, etc.).

In general, the Smogon Super Moderators do an excellent job representing the site in a positive manner. However, his behavior represents hypocrisy in its finest form, which reflects poorly on everyone.

Thus, I want to respond by not trashing you or the metagame you lead.

Arcticblast, if you think so poorly of Monotype then just leave it alone. There are plenty of people who disagree with you.

I'm aware the ladder isn't everything, but our's consistently sees more activity than yours, despite DOU's standing as an official metagame, which makes your comments completely unnecessary (especially given your status within the Smogon community).

Doubles OU Ladder Plays:
August (with a suspect test): 96019 (suspect) + 80976 = 176995
Sept: 182210

Monotype Ladder Plays:
August: 201645
Sept: 199995

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Feael free to bash Doubles - in fact, please do! As co-leader I take all criticism of the format seriously in an attempt to better the metagame (unless you suggest banning Swagger, Rock Slide, or paralysis - git gud). Just do it to my face and not anybody else's.

I don't like monotype for a couple reasons (that I personally think are valid), and I'm also a terrible troll; the two tend to merge together. In reality Monotype is the only one of these formats where I really stand a chance lol

RIP mono-Ground, pretty sure Lando-I is banned so I can't just spam Ground to the late rounds

Feael free to bash Doubles - in fact, please do! As co-leader I take all criticism of the format seriously in an attempt to better the metagame (unless you suggest banning Swagger, Rock Slide, or paralysis - git gud). Just do it to my face and not anybody else's.

I don't like monotype for a couple reasons (that I personally think are valid), and I'm also a terrible troll; the two tend to merge together. In reality Monotype is the only one of these formats where I really stand a chance lol

RIP mono-Ground, pretty sure Lando-I is banned so I can't just spam Ground to the late rounds
lol lando-i is not banned

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Question: is there a reason the point values scale so steeply? The OP links the Grand Slam point system, but that seems to have been totally ignored in favour of some weird pseudo-multiplicative system :s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)