ORAS OU ORAS OU MegaGross Team

I would like to start this by first saying i dont even know if this thread i am currently posting is in the correct place or not but either way i would like some help. I have been playing ORAS OU on Showdown the last few days and i made a very fun Mega Metagross team, yet, i can barely get over the 1300 mark. Though a couple games i have been haxed to death (Metagross paralyzed 4/8 turns and flinched another 2 times, and missing twice, all in one match) i still havent gotten over the hump. I dont know if it is a lack of speed or chemistry but it sure needs some tweaks.

I first started with Zapdos. Weird that i chose him first, since it is a MegaGross team? But i chose him, because after running some damage calcs, found he walls the hell out of MegaMence, something most mons cant do.

I then put MegaGross on the team as he had decent chemistry with Zapdos as he covered Zapdos's rock and ice weakness and zapdos covered MegaGross's ground weakness. Plus MegaGross was an extremely powerful mon that looked cool to use.

Next was Hydreigon. I have seen a defensive Hydreigon before, and since it covers all of MegaGross's weakness, he seemed perfect as he has some pretty good bulk, has recovery, a nice movepool and can still hit decently hard tho uninvested.

Now i need a reliable switch in to fighting types besides zapdos (ice punch) and a switch into ice as i dont want MegaGross to switch in to take a hit if he doesnt need to. I ultimately chose Azumarill as he hits hard as hell and has some good bulk.

Now i wanted a stealth rocker and an anti lead. I chose Nidoking as he has an unique niche which is why he is my stealth rocker, and hits pretty hard with no LO or anything.

Finally, i wanted a fighting type as i believe having a fighting type on every team is vital to its success and i also saw i had no fire type, so i chose infernape as it fits both types and is one of my favorite pokemon to use.

163283-pokemon-zapdos.jpg

Zapdos @ Leftovers
"#Counter"
248 Hp 248 Def 12 Spa
Bold 0 Att ivs
Pressure
Volt Switch
Defog
Roost
HP Ice

Zapdos is the single best counter to Mega Mence in the ORAS OU Meta. Return is resisted, Fire blast is more than likely not invested, not being affected by EQ and D claw is a 3HKO, with hp ice being a 2HKO. The other mon i considered for this role was Rotom Wash but Zapdos took the hit better. As well, even if the mega mence is carrying stone edge it doesnt OHKO. The EVs, nature and moveset is pretty standard.

metagross.jpg

Metagross @ Metagrossite
"MetaBeast"
252 Att 240 Spe 16 SpD
Jolly
Clear Body/Tough Claws
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch
Earthquake
Zen Headbutt

MegaGross is the star of this team. With this speed, i still outspeed base 108s. The attack is maxed and the 16 is in special defense to take greninjas Dark pulse better if need be. The moveset is pretty obvious in itself but it hits super hard. But not gonna lie, the base 110 speed does disappoint at times...

hydreigon___tri_attack_by_blazedgo-d3fafca.png

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
"Green Goblin" (When Shiny)
248 Hp 250 SpD 12 SpA
Calm 0 Att ivs
Levitate
Dark Pulse
Roost
U-turn
Fire Blast

Hydreigon sponges hits rather well actually with this spread as heatran ferro and other walls cant do squat to this beast. He covers all of MegaGross's weakness and can roost off almost any hit he takes, he can even take a banded adamant brave bird from a talonflame and does around 87% with fire blast to ferro if it has the usage spread.

huge_power_azumarill_by_sephirona-d73q8h5.png

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
"So Overused"
248 Hp 252 Att 8 SpD
Adamant
Huge Power
Play Rough
Waterfall
Aqua Jet
Superpower

Azumarill with the AV can sponge at least 1 hit from almost anything and can ohko back as he is so powerful. He has great coverage and wrecks house. The priority is especially nice and is a super nice check to most fighting types and the Lati twins. He is my Mega Gallade counter, barring no poison jab.

nidoking.jpg

Nidoking @ Focus Sash
"King of the Hill"
252 Spa 252 Spe 4 Def
Timid 0 Att
Sheer Force
Earth Power
Ice Beam
Flamethrower
Stealth Rocks

I decided rocks would greatly help this team out and i already has Nidoking so i just got rid of Sludge Wave. Reasoning is earth power is my main stab, ice beam is for lead dragons and gliscor/Lando and flamethrower is for Ferro. He sometimes takes the other team by surprise and OHKOs there lead as he is just that powerful. His main objective tho is to get up rocks and dent the other teams lead.

Ash_Infernape_Blaze.png

Infernape @ Power herb
"Spam"
212 Att 44 Spa 252 Spe
Hasty
Blaze
Overheat
Solarbeam
U-turn
Close Combat

Truly one of the coolest Pokemon ever. The design is great and he is super good competitively as well. I wanted a fire and fighting type and i got one. I prefer scarfed, but after i saw what a problem Rotom Wash is i made him mixed with power herb. Solar beam does between 60-70% on usage Rotom Wash and CC could clean it from there. Its just a nice surprise and i love this ape. So powerful and it just handles so many mons in this meta.

There you have it, the team. Not perfect, for sure, but that is why it is here. Thanks for your time, suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)