Ohio Pokemon Gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I'm Vetra. I'm new here, and was also wondering a few things:

First is there an organized meet-up location/event for Ohio Pokemon players? If not, this would be something to definitely look into, and would be loads of fun.

Second - I'm looking to get my feet on the ground for OU play, but I don't exactly know where to start. There is a huge amount of text to read on this website, and lots of threads with many replies. I was looking to sign up for the tutoring program, but it is not currently open. I will sign up for the next one probably.

Third - A big THANK YOU to everyone here, and also, if possible, where should I direct this thread?

Welcome to Smogon! We don't have a designated area for newbie threads, which don't belong anywhere as such, so the best place to start posting is anywhere you like, and you are encouraged to integrate yourself into the community. :) Read the stickies and popular threads in any section that interests you to get a feel for what kind of discussion is welcome there, and join in.

As for starting somewhere, outside of the tutoring program, Smogon's site is dedicated to providing competitive Pokémon resources. The sheer amount of information on the forums and website may be daunting to you, but you don't have to read it all in one go. While you wait for Battling 101 to open, I recommend reading analyses on Pokémon you are interested in using, reading the articles that introduce particular team types, and hopping on Pokémon Showdown! / looking for Wi-Fi battles in the appropriate section to at least get a basic understanding of the game. You could also read past issues of Smogon's webzine The Smog -- either to browse, or in the archive to look for articles on a specific metagame (though please keep in mind the release time of the issues, as some information may have since become outdated). Plus, you could also look at RMTs in the RMT Archive to see some examples of successful teams.

I don't know how you'd go about organising an Ohio meetup, but we do have a Local Tournaments section, so if you want to get anything going locally, that's the place.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)