Official Smogon University Simulator Statistics — September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scizor is still used more than Gene, and OMFG FERROTHORN IS #2! :O

Seriously, Ferro is so fucking annoying, but I never knew the usage was that high! Oh, and Heatran is #6? Since when? Rotom-W dropped >: And why are people using TTar more than Hippo on a duggy + gene meta? Dnite dropped too, but I'm actually surprised he's #3 with Torn-T and all. Latios dropped too. Poor latios.
Actually that isn't true, Genesect is more used. You guys aren't distinguishing between the 3-month statistics versus the September "alone" statistics. Considering that part of the 3 month statistics didn't include Genesect, I am impressed. Right now in the most relevant meta and includes a "whole amount of Genesect usage" with "a whole amount of Scizor usage", which is the September stats, Genesect is used more than Scizor by 1.6%!!! It only displays two places, but to put in perspective the difference: it is the same difference of the usage of Jellicent and Mamoswine.

I honestly think that the distorted OU stats stem from a large amount of inexperienced PS! players. It may be I just be in contact with lower ladder players more because of PS! strange mechanics, but the OU metagame I think BW2 as is incredibly different from the one displayed in the statistics. For example, Gliscor has high usage, it is in the top ten. However, the demands of the BW metagame, such as the plethora fighting-types, very huge amount of Terrakion usage, and sand being the dominant weather is not there anymore. As a matter of fact, many of the Pokemon that Gliscor could check now have ways to work around it such as Breloom, Conkeldurr, and "more efficent" special Landorus-I. You really don't see that often. Infernape has a high amount of usage in a rain dominanted metagame and again you don't see that often! The suspect ladder kinda gives some insight, but I would like to see the return of 1337 stats (maybe >1650 on PO?).

The only way rain could have such high usage with its primary abusers being lower on the stats is rainstall, which is definitely not the case.

edit:
What really surprises me is that Ferrothorn is #2. All I hear about is how fast-paced and offensive the meta-game is, and yet here we have the very definition of 'mixed wall' sitting right near the top of OU.
Having the ability to counter a huge amount of threats in one slot in a metagame with the most diverse threats is very valuable. Spike-stacking teams aren't limited to Deoxys-D, Ferrothorn is the best supplier of Spikes in the game (it can be universally placed on almost any team) and it shows this through its usage.

To be honest, suspect OU stats are pretty much the old 1337 stats of BW2. Note how Genesect is #2 there, just below Garchomp at about 40%. Sure this is inflated to check Garchomp, just its still an impressive number of uses among good players.

UU looking great, and I'm getting interested in Ubers. I think I'll expand my tier knowledge a bit; it's always good to be well-rounded.

RU master race.

The rise of xatu mist be due to those new HO sun teams with genesect and dugtrio. It's really nice seeing the set you wrote an analysis for being used by so many players. :)

To be honest, suspect OU stats are pretty much the old 1337 stats of BW2. Note how Genesect is #2 there, just below Garchomp at about 40%. Sure this is inflated to check Garchomp, just its still an impressive number of uses among good players.
On the topic of 1337 stats, I *planned* to release some this month... before Zarel went and reset the damn ladder.

Poor Virizion really got wrecked here. He goes into a tier already overpopulated by usable Fighting types (Heracross, Meinshao, Scrafty, Machamp, Cobalion, Hitmontop) who all have niches better fit to UU, when the top 3 Pokemon resist or are immune to the combination of his stab moves, along with other common UU threats (Zapdos, Victini, Crobat with dual x4 resists) and drops down with Mew and Tornadus while Chansey just barely hangs onto OU status.

While that is a lot starting off against it, i do hope Virizion finds a useful niche and is at least a mid range UUion. Not a bad Pokemon, but he's really having trouble finding a metagame that makes sense for him.

Ok UU is getting REAL interesting, i might have to try it despite me not being a big uu fan. First of all tornadus in uu means more rain from what I know. Confagrigus in UU is for the best, but it was one of the main reasons why I was winning so many games and peaked at number 1 on PS. OU looks like fucking OU again. When I think about OU i just think about 2 things, politoed and ferrothorn. WEll...look at where they are right now, this is fustrating. And I'm pretty sure garchomp is staying ubers.

Antar, during next tier changes what would be a substitue for the "1337" ratings? Another thing I noticed, the ladder right now is in my opinion too broken to do ratings based on ACRE. We have people who are barely above 1:1 that have 2500+ in ranking, and that does not make any sense whatsoever.

And Thanks again Antar for your work, we really appreciate what you do for us

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well damn Cofagrigus. We've had some fun in RU. Also not susprised about any of the other moves. I feel linda meh about Torn being UU but we will see what happens.

lol Metang is NU again. that is all.

As always thankyou to the devilishly handsome Antar.

The only tiers really changing at this point are UU and RU. OU has become rather predictable, with similiar stats every month. (but why is noone using Keldeo!)

Everyone seems to be discussing Virizions niche, but what really worries me is Mew returning to UU. IMO mew is too good for UU, its stats, versatility and movepool always leaving people guessing. Also, I will finally be happy if Crobat rises above Ambipom. Batsy is extremely antimeta and can be slid onto basically any team to check dozens of threats (like the everpopular Heracross). Ambipom sucks. Full stop. It smacks people with one good Fake Out then runs away to die. And what is the fake out + last resort shit I'm seeing? In other news, perhaps people will finally understand Meloetta now.

Also, whats with all the Alakazam usage while Reuniclus suffers?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Maybe I'm not the first to say this, but I'm really impressed at the size of OU. BW2 has what seems to be so many broken shit and yet, the size of OU increased. Hell, it's bigger than UU now. That's something I really appreciate.

That, and Ninetales at #13 and Alakazam at #19. My inner child can only say "Fuck yes" right now

It's been my experience that Umbreon is a great niche Pokemon in UU. Access to Wish and Heal Bell makes it a great cleric, and Foul Play is an interesting addition to its movepool in this new BW2 era, as it's not been uncommon for me to see a physical setup sweeper come in and assume that Umbreon will be switching out to allow a free Swords/Dragon Dance.

Gimmicky? Sure. But it works...
Umbreon is bad in OU. Unless you missed the early D/P memo where Umbreon stopped being useful.

Unless you thought I was talking about UU, in which case this was just a big misunderstanding.

BllllllllllD

I would like to hear more opinions about why Kyurem is so underused. Read: Kyurem doesnt have a counter(i.e. there isnt a single pokemon that can counter every set)
Oh Kyurem does have a counter, it's called Stealth Rock.
SubRoost is amazing, but IMO Kyurem absolutely needs to run Blizzard in order to be effective - and that requires hail. Teams with Abomasnow and Kyurem are difficult to make with Genesect running around OU like a sugar junkie in a candy store. Not to mention any solid Genesect check (Heatran) synergises really badly with hail.

As someone who's been trying to make a hail team around Kyurem for the past few months, I really, really, really hope Genesect explodes and vanishes to Ubers forever.

xenu

Banned deucer.
Not to mention any solid Genesect check (Heatran) synergises really badly with hail.
heatran is actually a mandatory addition to any hail team - its ability to absorb all the fire attacks directed at your ice-types is invaluable.

Bryce

Lun
In my experience, Genesect is RIDICULOUSLY over-hyped. Base 99 speed means a ton of notable stuff outruns it (namely Infernape). And scarfed Genesect is ridiculously easy to play around. 4x weakness to fire is debilitating in a tier that's been countering Scizor and Ferrothorn for over a year.

All in all, I have NEVER had a problem with Genesect.
Same for me.I never really found Genesect to be that much of a problem.I really hope that all the talk about it getting banned never happens.But Genesect's high usage doesn't surprise me at all.He is so versatile,useful and easy to fit on teams.Hit #1 next month!

Keldeo needs much more love.He's just awesome under Rain.So Tornauds-I is UU now huh, I am looking forward to try Rain Dance Tornadus+Swift swim smash pass Gorebyss.

Also, could someone explain to me why people are saying that Mienshao is going to have problems in the new meta?

It took over a year for it to drop from OU, where Mew, Virizion and Tornadus were roaming free.

Tornadus-I either won't have access to accurate hurricanes, or it won't be scarfed, in which case Scarf Mienshao outspeeds and does 94% minimum with Stone Edge (Jolly vs. 0/0 neutral defense). If Mienshao isn't scarfed, then yeah, it's forced to switch out, but with rocks up, Tornadus will be losing quite a bit of health following Mienshao around, while Mienshao will be recovering from any entry hazard damages thanks to Regenerator. Also note that LO Jolly Fake Out does 24% minimum. That's health our genie won't be getting back. Tornadus *really* needs good recovery, IMO, and GameFreak decided not to give it access to Roost (that's why Regenerator Tornadus-T is so potent).

But hey! Maybe I'm missing something?

I think UU will see the most change over the next three months. With Tornadus getting dropped.down I don't think virizon will see as much usage as we would like.

God damn metang in nu. get it the hell out!!

Oh Kyurem does have a counter, it's called Stealth Rock.
SubRoost is amazing, but IMO Kyurem absolutely needs to run Blizzard in order to be effective - and that requires hail. Teams with Abomasnow and Kyurem are difficult to make with Genesect running around OU like a sugar junkie in a candy store. Not to mention any solid Genesect check (Heatran) synergises really badly with hail.

As someone who's been trying to make a hail team around Kyurem for the past few months, I really, really, really hope Genesect explodes and vanishes to Ubers forever.
Stealth Rock? - Dragonite, Volcarona, Gyarados, Salamence. Since when does Genesect threaten Kyurem? Kyurem can just pp stall off its +1 flamethrower. It actually helps Kyurem get net recovery with roost. Also, some teams have replaced Scizor with Genesect which is a good thing. Heatran does not synergise badly with hail teams. It can toxic bulky waters and provides Kyurem with double switch opportunities. BTW Genesect might lose 37% of its health if it tries to switch in agaisnt abomasnow. Here is a log showing why Genesect does not threaten Hail:
JackOff joined.
Anikrahman1995 joined.
Format: OU
Rated battle
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: OHKO Clause
Rule: Evasion Clause
Anikrahman1995's team: Mandibuzz / Kyurem / Tentacruel / Abomasnow / Bronzong / Skarmory
JackOff's team: Genesect / Rotom-Wash / Heatran / Dragonite / Mamoswine / Virizion
Battle between JackOff and Anikrahman1995 started!
JackOff sent out Rotom-W (Rotom-Wash)!
Anikrahman1995 sent out Frosty (Abomasnow)!
Frosty's Snow Warning whipped up a hailstorm!
Turn 1
Frosty used Protect!
Frosty protected itself!
The foe's Rotom-W used Volt Switch!
Frosty protected itself!
The hail crashes down.
The foe's Rotom-W is buffeted by the hail!
Turn 2
It's not very effective... Frosty lost 16% of its health!
JackOff called Rotom-W back!
JackOff sent out Genesect!
The foe's Genesect's Download raised its Attack!
Frosty used Leech Seed!
The foe's Genesect was seeded!
The hail crashes down.
The foe's Genesect is buffeted by the hail!
Frosty restored HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Genesect's health is sapped by Leech Seed!
Turn 3
Frosty used Protect!
Frosty protected itself!
The foe's Genesect used U-turn!
Frosty protected itself!
The hail crashes down.
Frosty restored HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Genesect's health is sapped by Leech Seed!
Turn 4
Anikrahman1995 called Frosty back!
Anikrahman1995 sent out Taco Bell (Bronzong)!
Taco Bell lost 33% of its health!
JackOff called Genesect back!
JackOff sent out Heatran!
The hail crashes down.
The foe's Heatran is buffeted by the hail!
Taco Bell is buffeted by the hail!
Taco Bell restored HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Heatran restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 5
The foe's Heatran used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around your team!
Taco Bell used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 6
The foe's Heatran used Lava Plume!
It's super effective! Taco Bell lost 25% of its health!
Taco Bell was burned!
Taco Bell used Earthquake!
It's super effective! The foe's Heatran lost 36% of its health!
The hail crashes down.
Taco Bell was hurt by its burn!
Turn 7
JackOff called Heatran back!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Rotom-W!
Anikrahman1995 called Taco Bell back!
Anikrahman1995 sent out u Jelly? (Tentacruel)!
Pointed stones dug into u Jelly?!
The hail crashes down.
u Jelly? is buffeted by the hail!
u Jelly? restored HP using its Black Sludge!
Turn 8
It's super effective! u Jelly? lost 49% of its health!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Genesect!
The foe's Genesect's Download raised its Attack!
u Jelly? used Rapid Spin!
It's not very effective... The foe's Genesect lost 2% of its health!
The pointed stones disappeared from around your team!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 9
It's not very effective... u Jelly? lost 19% of its health!
JackOff called Genesect back!
u Jelly? used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of the foe's team!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 10
Anikrahman1995 called u Jelly? back!
Taco Bell lost 22% of its health!
JackOff sent out Dragonite!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Dragonite!
The hail crashes down.
The foe's Dragonite is buffeted by the hail!
The foe's Dragonite restored HP using its Leftovers!
Taco Bell was hurt by its burn!
Turn 11
Anikrahman1995 called Taco Bell back!
Anikrahman1995 sent out Meta Knight (Skarmory)!
The foe's Dragonite used Dragon Dance!
The foe's Dragonite's Attack rose!
The foe's Dragonite's Speed rose!
The hail crashes down.
Meta Knight is buffeted by the hail!
Meta Knight restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 12
The foe's Dragonite used Fire Punch!
It's super effective! Meta Knight lost 40% of its health!
Meta Knight used Whirlwind!
Rotom-W (Rotom-Wash) was dragged out!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 13
Anikrahman1995 called Meta Knight back!
Taco Bell lost 8% of its health!
Taco Bell fainted!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Genesect!
The foe's Genesect's Download raised its Special Attack!
The hail crashes down.
Anikrahman1995 sent out Blizzard (Kyurem)!
Blizzard is exerting its pressure!
Turn 14
The foe's Genesect used Flamethrower!
Blizzard lost 46% of its health!
Blizzard used Substitute!
Blizzard put in a substitute!
Blizzard lost 25% of its health!
The hail crashes down.
Blizzard restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 15
Blizzard's substitute faded!
Blizzard used Roost!
Blizzard regained health!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 16
Blizzard lost 44% of its health!
Blizzard used Roost!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 17
Blizzard lost 45% of its health!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 18
The hail crashes down.
The foe's Genesect fainted!
JackOff sent out Heatran!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Heatran!
Turn 19
Blizzard used Earth Power!
It's super effective! The foe's Heatran lost 51% of its health!
The foe's Heatran fainted!
The hail crashes down.
JackOff sent out Dragonite!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Dragonite!
Turn 20
Blizzard used Roost!
The foe's Dragonite used Dragon Claw!
It's super effective! Blizzard's substitute faded!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 21
Blizzard used Blizzard!
It's super effective! The foe's Dragonite lost 50% of its health!
The foe's Dragonite fainted!
The hail crashes down.
JackOff sent out Mamoswine!
The foe's Mamoswine was poisoned!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Mamoswine!
Turn 22
The foe's Mamoswine used Stone Edge!
The hail crashes down.
The foe's Mamoswine was hurt by poison!
Turn 23
The hail crashes down.
Turn 24
The hail crashes down.
Turn 25
The hail crashes down.
Turn 26
Blizzard used Roost!
Mamoswine has no moves left! (placeholder)
The foe's Mamoswine used Struggle!
Blizzard lost 24% of its health!
The foe's Mamoswine lost 25% of its health!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 27
Mamoswine has no moves left! (placeholder)
The foe's Mamoswine used Struggle!
The foe's Mamoswine lost 0% of its health!
The foe's Mamoswine fainted!
The hail crashes down.
JackOff sent out Virizion!
The foe's Virizion was poisoned!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Virizion!
Turn 28
Anikrahman1995 called Blizzard back!
Anikrahman1995 sent out u Jelly? (Tentacruel)!
The foe's Virizion used Close Combat!
It's not very effective... u Jelly? lost 19% of its health!
The foe's Virizion's Defense fell!
The foe's Virizion's Special Defense fell!
u Jelly? fainted!
The hail crashes down.
The foe's Virizion is buffeted by the hail!
The foe's Virizion restored HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Virizion was hurt by poison!
Anikrahman1995 sent out Meta Knight (Skarmory)!
Turn 29
JackOff called Virizion back!
Meta Knight used Brave Bird!
It's not very effective... The foe's Rotom-W lost 24% of its health!
Meta Knight is damaged by recoil!
The hail crashes down.
The foe's Rotom-W fainted!
JackOff sent out Virizion!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Virizion!
Turn 30
The foe's Virizion used Swords Dance!
The foe's Virizion's Attack sharply rose!
Meta Knight used Brave Bird!
It's super effective! The foe's Virizion lost 75% of its health!
Meta Knight is damaged by recoil!
The foe's Virizion fainted!
Anikrahman1995 won the battle!
Ladder updating...
JackOff's rating: 1000 → 1023
(+23 for losing)
Anikrahman1995's rating: 1585 → 1590
(+5 for winning)

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
There was no such thing as "DW RU." There was DW Ubers, DW OU, and based on usage in DW OU, we could construct DW UU. But there was never a DW RU.
I asked this because I don't know the DW metagame. And I saw someone saying that Virizion could be considered RU in the DW metagame because of its extremely low usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)