Official Smogon NFL Fantasy Football Thread (2016-17 Season) - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
My next week's matchup is against the best team in the league. Top-five players at every position. They have Tom Brady, LeGarrette Blount, and DeMarco Murray. Meanwhile, I have Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, Jonathan Stewart, and Jordan Howard. My team has put up 120 points three weeks running. Unfortunately, my second-best receiver Crabtree is on bye.

I've beat my projections once this entire year in League A yet I'm somehow now 6-3. If I make playoffs, I'm gonna get obliterated because half of my team will be putting up duds. Problem is if I lose a single week, I go tumbling down the standings because I lose scoring tiebreakers and everyone's clumped together in the standings.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Woo I'm probably going to win the Toilet Bowl in League A this week, the battle of the two 1-7 teams when only one other person is even 3-5. Probably. Assuming Haushka and Shady don't outscore Baldwin by 30 points. Might even lose my 50+ point lead in Points Against because the only other person near me (next worst is another 30 points off) is getting stomped with a 135 and my opponent (equally sucky biggie) projected to score about 80.

I wonder if it's still possible for me to make the playoffs at 7-7, considering records are so damn bunched up. Probably not and I'm not going to check the schedules to work out the possibilities. *shrug*

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm gonna just write last week off as an anomaly then. Good thing my guys all got their duds out of the way on the same week!

Another week lost because I started the wrong QB. Started Wilson last week instead of Carr, started Carr this week instead of Wilson :-)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
I'd like to thank my boy Stallion for overtaking me in Points Against by a whopping point zero-four (1016.38 to 1015.98).

The next closest three are 42.84, 71.90, and 96.12 points behind.

After Buffalo's bye this week, will finally be able to start Mccoy again, thank God.

Won both my mains (now 7-2 and 6-3), but my B won only because my opponent had some key byes he couldn't use and the rest of his did like nothing. Unless I get lucky, I'm gettin smashed at playoffs.

And my A got less than it should have because my RBs were Booker, C West, and Michael. Blount faces Seattle next (ugh), and need to wait for Mccoy. Will wait for the Wednesday report and hope M Jones is aight.

somehow i'm in 3rd in the 12 team PPR league, with a great shot at winning the whole thing.

pretty much out of contention in both my other leagues. :<

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'd like to thank my boy Stallion for overtaking me in Points Against by a whopping point zero-four (1016.38 to 1015.98).

The next closest three are 42.84, 71.90, and 96.12 points behind.
In league B last year I had the 2nd most points for and didn't even make the playoffs, so I'm used to being in this position

Anybody think Booker will do anything this week? NO looks nice, but even then, I'd only rate him barely at RB2. Plus, Denver has the bye after that. Definitely thinking to make a move there. He'll probably do better than Michael did, at least by workload.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

That's point four not point zero-four...

DOESN'T MAKE IT ANY LESS LOL THO!!!!!

Don't worry y'all luck changes quickly in fantasy, we know this. You can rest easy knowing the longer I spend in first place, the less likely I am to actually win the whole thing.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
shhhhhhh

ain't no amount of luck gonna get me into the playoffs this year though, but stranger things have probably happened

Damn, Baltimore almost had that Safety and Pick in the endzone. Coulda had much more points on defense than what the finished with. Flacco looked like shit. An OK stream for defense this week, but needed more to offset West's average yards.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Damn, Baltimore almost had that Safety and Pick in the endzone. Coulda had much more points on defense than what the finished with. Flacco looked like shit. An OK stream for defense this week, but needed more to offset West's average yards.
Why would you only stream them? They've been a top 3 defense all year lol

Why would you only stream them? They've been a top 3 defense all year lol
Was trying to ride that Philadelphia hype for too long like a moron. Started really well, then they slacked after the bye. There was the big week against Minnesota, but it's only gonna get worse for them in the following weeks, so Baltimore will indefinitely get the better average over the season soon.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Playoffs in League A are probably unattainable after a loss this week and I'm long since out in League C - not a great year by my standards in those leagues, riding the Charles train really hurt this year in addition to other chronic underperformances. On the plus side, going to lock in playoffs in Strongs league with a lineup that can beat everyone in any given week except Jabba who's team is so absurd it probably beats mine 7/10 times and will lock in playoffs with my NARFFL league at 8-1, probably gaining a bye, and requiring only a single win in playoffs to guarantee advancement to the next tier. This in spite of BMarsh sucking. Cooks/Murray/Hilton/ARob resurgence carrying my ass.

How many <10 point losses can I have in one league where my opponent scores an assload of points??? Let's just add another one in League C.

Damn, Matt Jones completely fell off. Took a chance on that trade. Forte's still bring relevant. Oh well, still got Evans for Fitzgerald. My main league is gonna enjoy Mccoy back. And Blount's coming off three touchdowns vs Seattle and he plays SF next. 8-2, can't wait till Jones comes off of bye to seal it. As for my B, lost this weekend, but the team did score higher than projected, makes me feel better. Didn't expect Baldwin to do that well. Didn't use him and woulda won if I did. Been holding him the whole season, but he might do that 2nd half pickup, raising his numbers. Need to do some magic shit to have a chance in the playoffs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)