SV OU Offensive Tusk Balance, would appreciate feedback

Hey guys! This is my first RMT, and I've been having some success with this team. This can be the first OU team that I seriously spent time teambuilding that wasn't a shitty gimmick, and I'll outline my process below.

POKEPASTE
https://pokepast.es/93d911bbe7171a1d
TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

:kingambit: + :gliscor:
Gliscor is a solid choice for a physical wall and a hazard setter. Kingambit is the best cleanup sweeper.

:kingambit: :gliscor: :slowking-galar:
Slowking-galar is a good special wall, and with TWave and Chilly Reception, it can support its team by pivoting to another sweeper or TWaving.

:kingambit: :gliscor: :slowking-galar: :iron valiant:
Valiant can deal with Great Tusk even without booster energy (unless scarf tusk lol) and is a solid team choice. Calm Mind makes for an especially threatening setup sweeper because even after 1 calm mind you're going to hit hard.

:kingambit: :gliscor: :slowking-galar: :iron valiant: :great tusk:
I needed a hazard remover, and Great Tusk gets the job done. Rapid spin is better over defog because it doesn't remove Gliscor's spikes.

:kingambit: :gliscor: :slowking-galar: :iron valiant: :great tusk: :rillaboom:
I need strong instant priority, and Band Rillaboom gets the job done. My team kind of gets rekt by booster boulder (faster than valiant lol) and I needed a counter, so I put Rillaboom on the team.

SET EXPLANATIONS (ignore the names)
flying type (Kingambit) @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
Kingambit is a solid cleanup sweeper, as you can click Swords Dance with 4-5 dead homies and a weakened opponent and straight up win. It can also revenge kill in early-midgame, and is a solid Tera abuser with its ability to Tera Fairy to get a free +2. Beware that Tera Fairy makes you weak to other Kingambits and can make you potentially lose the 1v1. 36 speed EVs are for outspeeding other kingambits with less than 32 speed.

big stall (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Protect
- Toxic
- Spikes
As I said before, Gliscor is a solid pokemon. It can wall a lot of mons, and with Protect, it guarantees your Toxic Orb procs. I had knock off before putting U-turn, but I put it there because I can take advantage of choiced mons to get free momentum, and u-turn out to another sweeper.

really bad joke (Slowking-Galar) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Thunder Wave
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Future Sight
Glowking is a great support mon. You can FuturePort with Future Sight and Chilly Reception to bring in sweepers. Additionally, you can TWave fast mons, Chilly Reception out, and bring in a sweeper. Sludge Bomb is for dealing with Valiant, but Future Sight also helps. 0 spe is for taking a hit then pivoting out for momentum.

vallunt (Iron Valiant) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Encore
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
Booster Energy Valiant might seem like a dumb choice for a setup sweeper when we have Iron Boulder, but it's not just a setup sweeper. It's also my Kingambit counter. Encore basically guarantees a win vs Gambit, especially after you Tera Ghost and lure out sucker punch. Encore is also great for trolling Gliscor by encoring into Protect. After that, you can either click Moonblast/Shadow ball to get free switchin damage or Calm Mind to destroy a wall (given no unaware). Tera Ghost also helps you win the 1v1 vs Glowking (0 SpA Slowking-Galar Sludge Bomb (90 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tera Ghost Iron Valiant: 80-94 (27.5 - 32.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO) as well.

tuskussy (Great Tusk) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
Great Tusk is a solid spinner. I have no other methods of hazard removal, and I don't want to use Defog Corv, which also removes my spikes. So, I went with Offensive Great Tusk. You can bluff it for defensive, and then shred whatever switches in with a Headlong Rush or Close Combat. Ice spinner hits Pult for super effective and hits flying metal birds.

monke (Rillaboom) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Drain Punch
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
Grassy Glide straight up counters Iron Boulder, since it OHKOs (252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Iron Boulder in Grassy Terrain: 456-536 (142 - 166.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO) or forces a switch, causing it to lose its Quark Drive boost. Apart from that, it can also revenge kill low-health mons or blow up walls with Wood Hammer. Drain Punch is good for some coverage since it blows up steel mons, and u-turn gives you momentum.

THREATS
Rain: Try to lead Glowking on Pelipper, so that you can Chilly Reception out and remove rain. Be careful of opponents that switch Barraskewda into Archaludon when faced with Rilla, so you can U-turn to tusk. Rillaboom is key in this matchup.

Weavile: Try to get at least one spike up so that you can scout for the item. Then, go to Rillaboom after you pivot out/sac something so that you can Grassy Glide. If it takes damage from Spikes, then it's a guaranteed OHKO (252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile in Grassy Terrain: 268-316 (95.3 - 112.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes). It if doesn't then it's still a 68.8% chance, so it's somewhat reliable.

Sun: Try to lead Great Tusk, as it deals massive damage (252 Atk Protosynthesis Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Torkoal: 290-344 (84.5 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO) to Torkoal. If they set rocks, you can spin them away. Try not to get burned.

Thank you for reading! Please leave feedback below. Thanks!

Hi. This is a really good team. But it does have a few common weaknesses. There's fire (2 week, no resist), ice (3 weak, 1 resist), and flying (3 weak, 1 resist). I'm not exactly sure whats the best way to fix this tho. maybe replace rillaboom. It has all of these weakness and doesn't have a tera type to remove them. If you want strong priority, maybe try banded or dragon dance dragonite. it doesn't resist flying and it adds a ice weakness, but its gives you a fire resist, which you don't have at all right now (in fact its the only type you don't currently resist). But that wouldn't do much for ur booster boulder problem so maybe not

Last edited:
Hi. This is a really good team. But it does have a few common weaknesses. There's fire (2 week, no resist), ice (3 weak, 1 resist), and flying (3 weak, 1 resist). I'm not exactly sure whats the best way to fix this tho. maybe replace rillaboom. It has all of these weakness and doesn't have a tera type to remove them. If you want strong priority, maybe try banded or dragon dance dragonite. it doesn't resist flying and it adds a ice weakness, but its gives you a fire resist, which you don't have at all right now (in fact its the only type you don't currently resist). But that wouldn't do much for ur booster boulder problem so maybe not
thanks, will take that into consideration.

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
lemonademaker makes a point on types, and there's a set that covers the types as well as a counter to Sun: Sub SD Booster Iron Boulder.

Iron Boulder @ Booster Energy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mighty Cleave
- Close Combat
- Substitute

This set makes Lead torkoals a set-up fodder as well as other mons like glimm (earth power breaks sub tho), just set up sub while it sets up Rocks and you get a mo that ca counter kingambit and sun as well cover the types lemonademaker mentioned.

I would replace Valiant for this, seeing that Boulder is faster and all the other mons look fine.
You might have too many Physical Attackers tho

Hope I somewhat helped

lemonademaker makes a point on types, and there's a set that covers the types as well as a counter to Sun: Sub SD Booster Iron Boulder.

Iron Boulder @ Booster Energy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mighty Cleave
- Close Combat
- Substitute

This set makes Lead torkoals a set-up fodder as well as other mons like glimm (earth power breaks sub tho), just set up sub while it sets up Rocks and you get a mo that ca counter kingambit and sun as well cover the types lemonademaker mentioned.

I would replace Valiant for this, seeing that Boulder is faster and all the other mons look fine.
You might have too many Physical Attackers tho

Hope I somewhat helped
thx for the suggestion!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)