NU - What's Their Last? - Round 7 (Submission Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hosted by Stan Soojung
Aprroved by Kiyo n rozes

banner generously provided by esteemed userCentinela <33

Welcome to the SM NU version of 'What's their last?'!

Long ago back in DPP, there was no team preview and the question of "What's their last?" was commonly asked. You had to prepare for anything in that last slot and come to an educated guess or conclusion. Even still today, we use these skills to build better, more efficient teams. Think of this project as a lesson in teambuilding!

Every round a new team of 5 will be posted, your guys' job is to use your knowledge and deductive teambuilding skills to suggest the final slot of the team. Over the next few days, these nominations will be discussed amongst the users until voting opens. Voting sessions will go up one week after the team for said round has been posted, and the nomination with the most votes, will be the winner! In addition to that there will be a Honourable Mention for nominee who guessed that last mon correctly The team will be archived, and the user who suggested the set will have his or her name alongside the team, archived.
------------

Rules & Guidelines

1. Standard NU forum rules apply. No flaming / antagonising please. Also no one liners.
2. No joke sets. Sets that are plain bad / unviable are not welcome.
3. Don't be an ass and flame the team / sets that people post.
4. Reservations are okay, as long as you post the set within 24 hours of posting the reservation.
5. No weird gimmicks. If you think a low-rated Pokémon should add on the team, please give an in-depth explanation, but non-viable mons are not allowed.
6. Only minor slashing is allowed. Sometimes a coverage move or item is up to player preference, but you can't actually have 5 moves in a battle so don't go overboard.
7. Only one suggestion per round. Please only pick 1 Pokémon.
8. No changing the other members of the team, including sets.
9. Voting for your own nomination is NOT ALLOWED.
10. PM me on Smogon if you want to send in teams. Please only send in teams if you feel like they are good teams and have been tested, I can't promise that your team will be featured, but it's worth a try.
11. When choosing a last slot for a team, evaluate the archetype of the team and would it would synergies well with it. For example stall teams wouldn't appreciate the presence of Virizion.
12. Happy Posting!
13. You found the 13th rule i put a lot of effort into this so you should like it lol
-------------

Current Team
Team Graciously provided by Disjunction

Hitmonlee @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Slowbro @ Waterium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Calm Mind

-------------

Archive

Week 1 | Winner - PursuitOfHappiny
Week 2 | Winner - Martin
Week 3 | Winner & Correct Nomination - PrinceLucian
Week 4 | Winner - PrinceLucian
Week 5 | Winner - PrinceLucian | Correct Nomination - Yui.
Round 6 | Winner - Jarii
Round 7

Last edited:

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
Cofagrigus @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Mummy
Level: 99
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

I believe the last mon is Level 99 Cofag as it's currently one of the best Pokemon in the tier and helps with the team's relative weakness to Fighting Types, but also to opposing Cofag who spin block your Hitmonlee. The 2nd Z Move allows the user of the team to bluff heavily that they are defensive Cofag or Slowbro, when in all actuality they are the Offensive TR set and Waterium Z Slowbro. In general I find that any team that has a lack of Cofag is probably inferior than one with it, so I should always assume the last is Cofag, just as you should predict the last is Lucario in Gen4.

poh

<?>
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes

Whimsicott absolutely (moon)blasts through this team and Garbodor patches up that weakness nicely. Garb also appreciates the Ground immunity and Psychic immunity from Rotom and Sneasel respectively. Hazard support softens up the enemy team so others can break through. 3 mons are also weak to Bug and Garb resists Bug so happy days.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I agree with PursuitOfHappiny, I think the answer is Garbodor too. It provides additional Spikes support on top of Rhydon's Stealth Rock, allowing Rotom-C and Sneasel to break through their enemies better. Hitmonlee also greatly appreciates the extra damage.

Garbodor's Poison typing also cements the team physically against the numerous Fighting-types in the tier, which is only resisted by Slowbro. As Slowbro is a win condition, it does not enjoy taking heavy Fighting nukes often.

So, I agree with PoH.

We'll see whether he's right at the end.

garb seems like a good pick for the last slot and is probably what id use but for the spirit of the competition I have my own submission:

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- U-turn

Whimsicott provides the team with a supplementary counter to most Fighting-types, Grass-types and gives a tertiary switch in to ground types. Biggest issue is it stacks weaknesses with rotom-c a lot but it works ok

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpD / 4 Def / 252 HP
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Roost/ Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Tailwind/ Thunder Wave
This team has a much harder time v stall matchups due to the ridiculous amount of choice items in the team.team is extremely prone to toxic,and will o wisp hinders 3 of the teams current members. Without a cleric this team is gonna get worn down extremely fast, and has neither poison or toxic immunities.
EDIT: should make dazzling gleam air slash tbh

Cofagrigus is banned now lol
Cofagrigus @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Mummy
Level: 99
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

I believe the last mon is Level 99 Cofag as it's currently one of the best Pokemon in the tier and helps with the team's relative weakness to Fighting Types, but also to opposing Cofag who spin block your Hitmonlee. The 2nd Z Move allows the user of the team to bluff heavily that they are defensive Cofag or Slowbro, when in all actuality they are the Offensive TR set and Waterium Z Slowbro. In general I find that any team that has a lack of Cofag is probably inferior than one with it, so I should always assume the last is Cofag, just as you should predict the last is Lucario in Gen4.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Voting Cofagrigus.

Seems the most likely out of this bunch. I also wouldn't be surprised if it was Garbodor to help Sneasel abuse with Spikes.

EDIT: though there is one small flaw with the Cofagrigus vote - Slowbro is holding Waterium Z, meaning one of these two mons has to have a Colbur Berry.
Though honestly the banner gives a potential of Garbodor lol

Last edited:
If this was still when Cofagrigus was legal, then it would almost definitely be the last mon on the team. Basically going with Colonel's logic, I'm voting Cofagrigus as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)