Status
Not open for further replies.

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a defending SPL Champion
approved by Kiyo
OP Stolen from Kableye and RU

(banner plz? :D)

Hello there! Welcome to the Team Style Analysis thread! The NU metagame is one of the most difficult metagames to build in, since NU has about a vast collection of threats that have little to no counters what so ever and very little public exposure. The goal of this thread is to ease team building for new players by giving in-depth frameworks of each play style in NU. The frameworks will be broken down by the type of Pokemon seen on the play style, roles to fill and sample teams. Each framework should only be used as building blocks as there is no perfect way to build a team. The thread also features research weeks dedicated to a style, teambuilding competitions and soon will add specific sections on teams based around certain Pokemon.
Useful Teambuilding Tools:
Reminder!
When making a post, please give reasoning and (if you can) a replay supporting your response.
NOTE: Pokemon below C+ will NOT be included

Last edited:

Jisoo

Playstyles:

Hyper Offense
Pokemon used on this style:

Roles needed on this playstyle: Suicide Lead, 2-3 Wallbreakers, 2-3 Set up Sweepers, 1 Hazard control (if needed)

Roles:
Suicide Leads:

Wallbreakers:

Set Up Sweepers:

Hazard Control:
(Offensive Claydol)

Hyper Offense is a playstyle mostly found in every tier, and is a very easy playstyle to pick up on the spot. The point of this playstyle is to overwhelm the opponent with constant pressure with strong moves, power, and momentum. Usually, Pokemon found on hyper offense are not very bulky and a lot of the times you won't make type resists your first priority. This playstyle is usually fast with strong wallbreakers, so passive mons such as Mega Audino are not as viable. Also it is worth mentioning that defog as a hazard removal is kind of risky on hyper offense, because most users outside of shiftry lose momentum which is extremely important.

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Hi,

In HI you might want to add a section for pivots, in here you just put stuff like U-turners and Volt Switchers like Manectric, Scyther, Mesprit, Primeape, Rotom, Swellow, and maybe Mawile.

Suicide leads
Steelix maybe

Set up sweepers.
Linoone where?
Omastar for Shell Smash
Vivillon
You have Lilligant listed but not here oo

Hazard control is fine

Add in the description it involves making plays and predicting in order to keep up the offensive momentum

Editing more accidently clicked post z.z

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just thought I'd post something quickly.

I'd mention both rain and sun as potential sub sections due to them being prominent HO styles in NU.

Samurott is a great set up sweeper and kangaskhan is pretty good at wallbreaking. Usually spikers are very important for HO, I've seen them on weather teams as well (garbodor in particular).

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't like the emphasis on suicide leads. You can run offense without suicide leads :3

Will there be a shoutout to sticky web? I don't think it deserves its own category, but it deserves a shoutout or something.

Archeops can be an HO wallbreaker. Samurott can be a setup sweeper or wall breaker. I guess I get why it isn't here though. Charizard can be a wall breaker. Pinsir can be a lead. Liepard can be a wall breaker or setup sweeper.

Tell me if you disagree with any of these, I'm still not the most knowledgable of this tier :v

Jisoo

Okay, with a lot of questions on what will be added in the future, here is a list of playstyles that I think deserves its own category and will add.
-Bulky Offense
-Balance
-Semistall
-Stall/Full Stall
-Sticky Webs
-Weather
-Trick Room

In regards to the other suggestions, it will be added shortly, thanks

e: added samu to wallbreakers because of its special/mixed based life orb set

Last edited:

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Also add trick room imo, someone peaked ladder with it a while back so it's certainly a relevant playstyle.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I personally don't think webs merits its own 'play style', as it's almost always exclusive to HO. It's also not the most viable strategy in NU either, so I think it'd be better as an explanation within HO. Trick room is another iffy one, because against it's exclusive to HO (stall TR anyone? :3); but it is an effective strategy and play style when used correctly.

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I personally don't think webs merits its own 'play style', as it's almost always exclusive to HO. It's also not the most viable strategy in NU either, so I think it'd be better as an explanation within HO. Trick room is another iffy one, because against it's exclusive to HO (stall TR anyone? :3); but it is an effective strategy and play style when used correctly.
Just looking through the doubles version of this thread, a lot of archetypes seem to overlap with each other so expanding on ideas that are closely related to hyper offense seems fine to me. Adding more niches playstyles like Sticky Web and trick room certainly doesn't hurt since both are viable to some degree and require a specific approach to building. Up to watchog if he thinks they're worth adding, but more diversity can't hurt imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)