Resource NU Bazaar (Now Accepting SM NU Alpha Teams!)

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.

Ninetales Balance

Ninetales is a pokemon that I think is very underrated atm,having a move that separates it from other Fire type pokemon and ability that boosts its fire type moves when hit by them.Nasty plot raises Ninetales subpar spatk into high levels turning it into a very threatening Mid/Late game sweeper,allowing it to deal with some tanks that its Fire type friends wont pass through, it also has really decent coverage which doesnt allow pokemon like Rhydon/Omastar/Barbaracle setup vs it, and Hariyama/Hitmonchan cant check it after a boost since psyshock will deal massive damage.Leftovers are here over Life orb because they provide passive recovery and extend Ninetales longevity,and I thought it suited more than LO after finishing whole team.I made this team in short time,and I wanted it to be as standard as it can atm,so adding Sceptile was my second choice for team,in my opinion best pokemon in tier rn, doesnt have many checks and outspeeds everything except some scarf users/swellow, providing a speed control for team and being strong sp.atker and threat to opposing teams in general.To finish the FWG core, im using a pokemon with set that i like very much in this meta,and its AV Lanturn.Its an amazing pivot that switches in so many threats like Charizard/Pyroar/Mantine and things that my offensive core of 9tales/Sceptile cant break right away earlier in game.Its not a pokemon with strongest offensive stats,but its coverage allows it to hit things that it needs to for enough damage and pivot into stuff during match while also stops momentum from opposing side. My next pokemon is also my favourite hazard control in NU and secondary win condition,Xatu.Rocky helmet is a choice of item to pressure Steelix/weaken some stuff for Ninetales later in general,and I also have few decent knock off switchins so Colbur berry wasnt neccessary.Next pokemon was my Stealth rock user,another Psychic check/Normal check and Flying check,standard of standards,Steelix.Nothing much to say about it except its best stealth rock user for balance in tier and it gets the job done.To finish the team, I didnt have a good sceptile check/good Rhydon check and Weezing looked like it would patch the weaknesses and suited excellent in team, I also chose a custom spread which allows me to outspeed base 55s like Golurk/Omastar/Torterra and Taunt them before they setup rocks or setup in general which would get pretty annoying for the team and also allows me not to put pressure on Xatu as only hazard control in team vs slow rockers, set is standard and Toxic spikes is here over Flamethrower/Pain split just because it helps me weakening opponent for Ninetales later in game,altough Pain split is also optional since its somewhat decent recovery if you dont like weezing being wore down.Overall,team looks solid and its pretty fun and simple to use. I tested it on ladder and it did pretty good so far: http://postimg.org/image/sf3n5ef3p/

Importable:
Ninetales @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast/Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Slide

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 144 SpD / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave/Signal Beam/Heat Wave/Grass Knot
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes/Pain split

Last edited:

Poek

squadala
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Big Chungus Winner

Ninetales Balance

Ninetales is a pokemon that I think is very underrated atm,having a move that separates it from other Fire type pokemon and ability that boosts its fire type moves when hit by them.Nasty plot raises Ninetales subpar spatk into high levels turning it into a very threatening Mid/Late game sweeper,allowing it to deal with some tanks that its Fire type friends wont pass through, it also has really decent coverage which doesnt allow pokemon like Rhydon/Omastar/Barbaracle setup vs it, and Hariyama/Hitmonchan cant check it after a boost since psyshock will deal massive damage.Leftovers are here over Life orb because they provide passive recovery and extend Ninetales longevity,and I thought it suited more than LO after finishing whole team.I made this team in short time,and I wanted it to be as standard as it can atm,so adding Sceptile was my second choice for team,in my opinion best pokemon in tier rn, doesnt have many checks and outspeeds everything except some scarf users/swellow, providing a speed control for team and being strong sp.atker and threat to opposing teams in general.To finish the FWG core, im using a pokemon with set that i like very much in this meta,and its AV Lanturn.Its an amazing pivot that switches in so many threats like Charizard/Pyroar/Mantine and things that my offensive core of 9tales/Sceptile cant break right away earlier in game.Its not a pokemon with strongest offensive stats,but its coverage allows it to hit things that it needs to for enough damage and pivot into stuff during match while also stops momentum from opposing side. My next pokemon is also my favourite hazard control in NU and secondary win condition,Xatu.Rocky helmet is a choice of item to pressure Steelix/weaken some stuff for Ninetales later in general,and I also have few decent knock off switchins so Colbur berry wasnt neccessary.Next pokemon was my Stealth rock user,another Psychic check/Normal check and Flying check,standard of standards,Steelix.Nothing much to say about it except its best stealth rock user for balance in tier and it gets the job done.To finish the team, I didnt have a good sceptile check/good Rhydon check and Weezing looked like it would patch the weaknesses and suited excellent in team, I also chose a custom spread which allows me to outspeed base 55s like Golurk/Omastar/Torterra and Taunt them before they setup rocks or setup in general which would get pretty annoying for the team and also allows me not to put pressure on Xatu as only hazard control in team vs slow rockers, set is standard and Toxic spikes is here over Flamethrower/Pain split just because it helps me weakening opponent for Ninetales later in game.Overall,team looks solid and its pretty fun and simple to use. I tested it on ladder and it did pretty good so far: http://postimg.org/image/sf3n5ef3p/

Importable:
Ninetales @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Slide

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Steelix @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes
I highly recommend this team if you want to ladder up quickly; I just got to make the reqs today and peaked #1 with it, only problems I've found is the lack of switch-ins to ice types with freeze dry, but you can definetely play around them, also sap sipper miltank is kind of a nuisance since it can para everything and wall this sceptile variant to death, apart from that it worked out pretty well for me, allowing me to make reqs and #1

Proof: http://i.imgur.com/TY6MnuS.png (if you ever want it for a RMT or something)

Ninetales Balance

Ninetales is a pokemon that I think is very underrated atm,having a move that separates it from other Fire type pokemon and ability that boosts its fire type moves when hit by them.Nasty plot raises Ninetales subpar spatk into high levels turning it into a very threatening Mid/Late game sweeper,allowing it to deal with some tanks that its Fire type friends wont pass through, it also has really decent coverage which doesnt allow pokemon like Rhydon/Omastar/Barbaracle setup vs it, and Hariyama/Hitmonchan cant check it after a boost since psyshock will deal massive damage.Leftovers are here over Life orb because they provide passive recovery and extend Ninetales longevity,and I thought it suited more than LO after finishing whole team.I made this team in short time,and I wanted it to be as standard as it can atm,so adding Sceptile was my second choice for team,in my opinion best pokemon in tier rn, doesnt have many checks and outspeeds everything except some scarf users/swellow, providing a speed control for team and being strong sp.atker and threat to opposing teams in general.To finish the FWG core, im using a pokemon with set that i like very much in this meta,and its AV Lanturn.Its an amazing pivot that switches in so many threats like Charizard/Pyroar/Mantine and things that my offensive core of 9tales/Sceptile cant break right away earlier in game.Its not a pokemon with strongest offensive stats,but its coverage allows it to hit things that it needs to for enough damage and pivot into stuff during match while also stops momentum from opposing side. My next pokemon is also my favourite hazard control in NU and secondary win condition,Xatu.Rocky helmet is a choice of item to pressure Steelix/weaken some stuff for Ninetales later in general,and I also have few decent knock off switchins so Colbur berry wasnt neccessary.Next pokemon was my Stealth rock user,another Psychic check/Normal check and Flying check,standard of standards,Steelix.Nothing much to say about it except its best stealth rock user for balance in tier and it gets the job done.To finish the team, I didnt have a good sceptile check/good Rhydon check and Weezing looked like it would patch the weaknesses and suited excellent in team, I also chose a custom spread which allows me to outspeed base 55s like Golurk/Omastar/Torterra and Taunt them before they setup rocks or setup in general which would get pretty annoying for the team and also allows me not to put pressure on Xatu as only hazard control in team vs slow rockers, set is standard and Toxic spikes is here over Flamethrower/Pain split just because it helps me weakening opponent for Ninetales later in game.Overall,team looks solid and its pretty fun and simple to use. I tested it on ladder and it did pretty good so far: http://postimg.org/image/sf3n5ef3p/

Importable:
Ninetales @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Slide

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Steelix @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes
Hey man Ninetales is something I played around with alot back before the drops and it was always a fun but effective underrated mon and Gen 1 mons that look awesome are always fun to use. Also Weezing/Lix core is something I always seem to use as a backbone for alot of things and Weezing got some much bettwer without Sawk hitting it with it's amazing coverage (it still has to be wary of Guts Band Yama :]). However I just want to nitpick a bit with your Weezing spread since Bold will always get the most out of your EVs due to the high base stat and you can achieve your 210 speed mark for the base 55's by using more Speed evs.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes

You still hit the same bench mark for Speed but you have 315 Def evs compared to 306 def evs which is nice. Highly recommend you RMT this after some more testing and perfecting :)

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Def / 176 Spe
Lax Nature (yes really)
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Giga Drain

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Steelix @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Discharge

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ice
- Earthquake
Most of you have probably seen this team by now since I've used it for reqs and a few tournaments, so here it is! Shoutouts to Allstar and Oda, as this is kind of a fusion between the two KangaSpikes teams they made, Allstar's in the Archetype Teams thread and Oda's on the previous page of this thread. I basically used Allstar's teams for a while and changed sets until I was happy with it, and it ended up looking a lot like Oda's. KangaSpikes is probably one of the most consistent playstyles because Fake Out and Toxic Spikes give it a good matchup vs offense and balanced teams and if you get two layers up you can deal with defensive teams pretty well too. This variant is more offensive than others to pressure balance teams more. Enough pre-amble!
  • Garb is a reliable Spiker that synergises well with Kanga and Rotom and can stack even more residual damage on opponents, particularly threatening sweepers such as Barbaracle and Klinklang (yes this is threatening if Steelix dies). I've tilted it way towards Def over general bulk because Allstar had a good idea; it still has enough bulk to deal with Sceptile and the extra Defense lets me get more hazards / residual damage against other things. Giga Drain is a weird choice but it lets me beat Omastar, Barbaracle, Kabutops, and Rhydon more reliably than Seed Bomb and lets Garb stick around for longer if I pull it off. These mons are really threatening otherwise and being able to lure them to a small degree is nice. Speed is to outrun Timid Omastar if it tries to Shell Smash on me.
  • Kanga is the bread-and-butter Silk Scarf set because the extra power is huge. Assault Vest is probably good too but this is more of an offensive team and I value the extra power more.
  • Steelix is a max Attack Custap variant with Explosion so that I can get some surprise kills against threatening Pokémon if desired (and beat most Xatu 1v1 for Garb), and I haven't seen a huge amount of Calm Mind Psychics lately so combined with Toxic Spikes I rarely miss Toxic.
  • AV Yama is everywhere and is my sole response to Special Attackers, if this thing got Drain Punch I would be so happy. I went with a Guts variant because being able to reliably switch into Scald / Rotom / Mismagius is huge and people often waste turns because of it. I am kinda vulnerable to Aurorus and Magmortar because of it but the other teammates can usually deal with them okay.
  • Sub Rotom is excellent for this team as Oda mentioned because it can really capitalize on Toxic Spikes and people switch around trying to block Volt Switch / Will-O-Wisp / Trick, letting me pick the best move a turn later and stack up more residual damage. It's also one of the most consistent "defensive" spinblockers in the tier other than Gourgeist but I like Discharge too much for paralyzing Fire-types that like to switch in like Pyroar and Magmortar. The Paralysis support also lets me get extra kills with Yama when it would normally be outsped which is nice.
  • Similarly I made my Sceptile a Substitute + 3 Attacks variant as stalling with Substitute is great when Toxic Spikes are up and it lets me get into Overgrow range so I can fire off a ridiculously strong Giga Drain, which is generally more useful than Leaf Storm for this team setup. I sometimes manage to sweep teams 6-0 with it in the lead position if they assume it's a different set or something. More importantly it provides Speed control as the rest of the team is slow and things like Tauros and Archeops can pressure it quite easily if they run good sets.

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Rain Hyper Offense

This is one of my favorite teams, and it's pretty simple to use as well. Rain is known as a powerful playstyle in NU, often being used for reqs in suspect tests due to the number of teams that can be beaten by the abusers of Rain. So I decided to build around a core of Liepard, Ludicolo, and Mantine, who provide a reliable Rain Dance setter in Liepard thanks to Prankster and the ability to switch into one of the Rain sweepers with U-Turn, and two powerful Swift Swim sweepers. Kabutops was added as an extra Rain sweeper and as a neat priority user with Aqua Jet. Mesprit was added as a Stealth Rocker and as another Rain setter, as well as a Fighting check, and can also provide switchins for the Rain sweepers thanks to U-Turn. When Sawk was still in NU, I used to have Scarf Sawk in the last slot as a late-game cleaner against offensive teams, but since it is banned now, I decided to use Choice Scarf Primeape in the last slot. While it is less powerful than Sawk, it provides another U-Turn user, and also can outspeed Scarf Rotom, possibly killing it if it's weakened enough, so it's still a very good member for the team. Overall, while Rain teams do have some weaknesses, such as other Rain sweepers on other teams, Abomasnow sometimes, and Scarfers like Rotom, this team is still really cool to ladder with, and Rain is a fun playstyle in general, so I hope you like it!

Liepard @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Encore
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Mantine @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Kabutops @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Mesprit @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Rain Dance

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Last edited:
Rain Hyper Offense

This is one of my favorite teams, and it's pretty simple to use as well. Rain is known as a powerful playstyle in NU, often being used for reqs in suspect tests due to the number of teams that can be beaten by the abusers of Rain. So I decided to build around a core of Liepard, Ludicolo, and Mantine, who provide a reliable Rain Dance setter in Liepard thanks to Prankster and the ability to switch into one of the Rain sweepers with U-Turn, and two powerful Swift Swim sweepers. Kabutops was added as an extra Rain sweeper and as a neat priority user with Aqua Jet. Mesprit was added as a Stealth Rocker and as another Rain setter, as well as a Fighting check, and can also provide switchins for the Rain sweepers thanks to U-Turn. When Sawk was still in NU, I used to have Scarf Sawk in the last slot as a late-game cleaner against offensive teams, but since it is banned now, I decided to use Choice Scarf Primeape in the last slot. While it is less powerful than Sawk, it provides another U-Turn user, and also can speed tie with Scarf Rotom, possibly killing it if it's weakened enough, so it's still a very good member for the team. Overall, while Rain teams do have some weaknesses, such as other Rain sweepers on other teams, Abomasnow sometimes, and Scarfers like Rotom, this team is still really cool to ladder with, and Rain is a fun playstyle in general, so I hope you like it!

Liepard @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Encore
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Mantine @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Mesprit @ Damp Rock
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Rain Dance

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Earthquake
Scarf Primeape outspeeds Scarf Rotom since it has base 95 speed vs base 91.

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Gourgeist Stall

I wanted to build a stall team after one of the biggest wall breaker of nu was banned, rip sawk. I made this team with TTFTW so a special thanks to him. Anyways the team was build around gourgeist super, which is a great defensive wall being able to wall any fighting type besides special poliwrath. Next we thought what would be a great partner for it and the answer was toxic spikes, since gourgeist is a great spin blocker and we added weezing which is one the best users of this move and also provides taunt for things like ferroseed, that are just anoying to face. After that we incorporated mega audino, since which stall team doesnt have one? We decided that we really ice weak so we went very specialy defensive so we can tank aurorus hyper voice or blizzard better. Mega audino is the cleric of this team, being able to pass wishes and also heal status with heal bell. Next we needed a fire resist and also a wincon, and sliggoo filled that role perfectly being able to just eat up any special hit and being a scary sweeper due to curse+outrage. Later we needed something for bulky psychic types, rocks and also a better normal resist and steelix was a great option for this, since it did everything mentioned earlier. Finally we didnt want to lose to hazard stacking since that is being used a lot now, so we added mantine providing defog, another fire resist and also haze which also helps with bulky psychic's. The only mayor threats this team has is jynx and banded aurorus, tho these things are really rare to see and you can still work around them. Overall the team is pretty solid and I hope you enjoy it n_n
Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 48 SpA / 208 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Bell

Sliggoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Outrage

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 184 Atk / 68 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 16 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Haze

Last edited:
Gourgeist Stall

I wanted to build a stall team after one of the biggest wall breaker of nu was banned, rip sawk. I made this team with TTFTW so a special thanks to him. Anyways the team was build around gourgeist super, which is a great defensive wall being able to wall any fighting type besides special poliwrath. Next we thought what would be a great partner for it and the answer was toxic spikes, since gourgeist is a great spin blocker and we added weezing which is one the best users of this move and also provides taunt for things like ferroseed, that are just anoying to face. After that we incorporated mega audino, since which stall team doesnt have one? We decided that we really ice weak so we went very specialy defensive so we can tank aurorus hyper voice or blizzard better. Mega audino is the cleric of this team, being able to pass wishes and also heal status with heal bell. Next we needed a fire resist and also a wincon, and sliggoo filled that role perfectly being able to just eat up any special hit and being a scary sweeper due to curse+outrage. Later we needed something for bulky psychic types, rocks and also a better normal resist and steelix was a great option for this, since it did everything mentioned earlier. Finally we didnt want to lose to hazard stacking since that is being used a lot now, so we added mantine providing defog, another fire resist and also haze which also helps with bulky psychic's. The only mayor threats this team has is jynx and banded aurorus, tho these things are really rare to see and you can still work around them. Overall the team is pretty solid and I hope you enjoy it n_n
Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 48 SpA / 208 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Bell

Sliggoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Outrage

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 184 Atk / 68 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 16 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Haze
Watch out for my boi speedy guts band Yama if you arent running colbur, even though hes easy to wear down and play around.

Last edited by a moderator:

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.

Ghost Spam Bulky offense

Ive always liked to experiment with new things and build around new stuff or pokemon I havent used before.Came up with this idea when i asked someone about their favourite mons in NU, some of them were Missy,kecleon,ninetales,haunter, and I was thinking, never had a team with either mismagius and haunter so why not make a few? After few mins i decided to make team around them both because I didnt see ghost spam team yet and it seemed like fun idea to do. Every time I faced haunter and missy or any ghost in general,i found them to be very annoying and hard to deal with, particulary rotom in most cases but taunt missy can be pain if your team is passive and haunter is offensive threat in general,having nice dual stabs and good offensive stats.
Mismagius does very well in its role as stallbreaker,theres no many stall teams around but it outspeeds many things in tier so it can burn things early game and start to weaken opposing teams for others, colbur berry is a choice for item and i went with max Hp to make it as my fighting check too since there isnt many of them left now as sawk got banned and gurdurr raised to RU. Haunter is another fast and strong mon that not many teams have prepared for, it easily weakens its checks during match and Dbond as last slot can force many switches, also killling skuntank that tries to pursuit trap it is pretty useful for the team.Now i needed something strong while also dealing with dark pokemon,things like ferroseed,normal fat pokemon and hariyama was pretty good choice, also switches into ghosts weaknesses pretty decently.I didnt decide hariyama ability until i finished team, but guts suited more than thick fat, also it lures things like opposing ghosts,and things that tries to burn it in general.Rn if you wanna run hariyama as your fire resist, youll need to have a second fire check that deals with Zard for sure or you autolose if you run balance.
4th pokemon was a bit tricky,but it didnt took me long to decide on using sceptile.Theres really no reason not to use it, outspeeds whole tier except swellow and with sawk banned it really cant be revenge killed unless priority or random scarfers like jynx/rotom fan which i dont see anymore. Its really an amazing pokemon and another speedy pokemon on my team, it kills most of offensive stuff pretty easily, rock slide deals with scyther and charizard while focus blast kills pokemon like ferroseed/rare klinklang/miltank or normal fat types, it pairs very well with those ghosts considering they can weaken sceptile checks like skuntank or vileplume for instance,and sceptile will just clean late game,also kills useful stuff for team like grounds early game. For 5th slot, i was thinking which stealth rocker would fit, i usually use steelix on most of my builds but i chose rhydon this time, a bit underused rn considering steelix checks so many stuff like audino/psychics for fat teams and has passive recovery with lefties, having all that pressure on steelix isnt always best thing to do tho and i already checked those stuff. Rhydon is my normal/flying and another fire check for team.For last slot, i wanted a hazard control, didnt want to get swept by samurott, rain and some special stuff, and mantine pretty much filled those roles, spread is standard and lets me outspeed jolly rhydon before it tries to setup, rest is put in defense to take on samurotts,jynx psyshocks,ground types like pilo and other stuff, last slot is customizable, signal beam takes on malamar,toxic weakens opposing mantines and HP Grass deals with omastars/barbaracles so its a choice.
Overall,fun team to use, didnt notice any big weaknesses while testing,try it out if you want and hf.

Importable:
Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe OR 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Haunter @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Giga Drain

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Fake Out/Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Hasty/Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Rock Slide

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Air Slash
- Signal Beam/Toxic/Hidden Power Grass

Last edited:

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.

Skeeter Hawk Offense

-To begin with, Yanma is definitely not a great pokemon, barely even mediocre at best(not really that usable), but it definitely has some cool things about it,its not an easy pokemon to support and if you think you can just sent out yanma and sweep it will result in failure. I came with this idea few days ago when i got really tired of getting haxed on suspect ladder,bored of facing rain and I wanted to just stop building and playing until Sceptile leaves, which imo is most likely gonna happen because most of the people i know think its overwhelming and its definitely gonna make much more pokemon usable which im excited to use because i havent before. So basically someone in NU chat was talking about Yama(hariyama) and new player mistook it for Yanma which was pretty funny and I just decided to make a team around it. I came up with core of yanma/hitmonchan/skuntank at first but thats not the whole thing about team.It had few different sets at first and i still am not decided on lanturn set rn,but everything works well. I got reqs on 2 accounts with this team, planning on getting them on 3rd one rn, its really fun to use and havent lost a single game vs rain,as this team has pretty decent matchup vs it. After I got reqs, I decided to remake the team with my buddy 0da who helped me with sets and finalizing the team which wasnt easy.Now lets start with sets:
  • Yanma is my late game cleaner, my speed control as after protect it outspeeds everything, I really didnt want to use timid nature because yanma lacks power and modest helps it hit decently,it really cant be used earlier in game because it just doesnt hit hard enough and it cant one shot many things with solid bulk.Positive thing about Yanma is it easily deals with sceptile 1v1, everything faster like swellow gets killed after stealth rocks and its actually a decent cleaner and has been putting in work every single game I used it.
  • With Yanma,i decided i need a fighting type pokemon,and first idea i had was hitmonchan,which didnt take long, hitmonchan could kill rocks, has strong priority and can spin for yanma which is an amazing support.Hitmonchan at first was assault vest ,a set used by many people, but after having 5 pokemon at team, 0da suggested me a Life orb set which i havent used before, and it turned out to be great suggestion so thanks for that man,team really needed that punch a bit and life orb hitmonchan is awesome.
  • Skuntank is my pursuit trapper, another strong priority user,stallbreaker, psychic and audino check, helps hitmonchan and yanma a lot with trapping those annoying ghosts that dont let yanma sweep/hitmonchan spin so it definitely had its uses, i thought of running yanma/primeape/defog skuntank but this is definitely putting more work so far.
  • Next pokemon is Mesprit,my stealth rock user, fighting resist, ground check, and my *normal*resist haha, not really a best normal type check but its defensive set is really cool and checks a lot of stuff,gets a bit wore down during game because i dont have lefties on it but its definitely better with colbur even with sawk gone.
  • Lanturn is my fire/water/*ice* check, momentum blocker and a really cool pivot that pairs well with yanma, at first I had defensive set with thunder wave and im definitely considering making it that set again, but assault vest is pretty fun to use, has decent bulk to check these things, moveset is standard for Av and hp fire here is to lure things like ferroseed which is pretty annoying to the rest of the team.
  • Last slot was hard to choose,i rechanged it so much, having things like aurorus/specs carracosta/DD rhydon but none of those were working well with rest of the team,all i knew i needed was another normal resist/steelix switchin and something strong, so I choose Rotom.I wanted rotom offensive spell tag set at first, but 0da suggested me specs set and its how the team finished, it fits all roles needed for the rest of the team, also lures things like lanturn and stuff that yanma doesnt like and weakens it for late game which is pretty cool, hits hard with specs and can use Trick on annoying mons that are hard to break.
Now theres definitely flaws to this team,but remember its mostly made for fun and it worked pretty well which is why i decided to post it here, remember to weaken the stuff before attempting to sweep with yanma,and this is where it shines.

Importable:

Skeeter Hawk (Yanma) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain

Hitmonstan (Hitmonchan) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Skunk (Skuntank) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 112 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

MewFour (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- U-turn/Signal Beam/Ice Beam/Knock Off/Thunder Wave

Tina Lanturner (Lanturn) @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump/Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

OLA (Rotom) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Last edited:
This team was so fun to make! Perhaps you could go into depth about Mespirit's set since its pretty uncommon but necssary and maybe have some pretty formatting like Erisia's above just cause its a wall of text and it would be nicer to read. Hopefully after the suspect ends Yanma will put in work still after rain dies down. Also can tell you how many times I saw "yama" wherever Yanma was lol.

Edit: haha i still had the rocks CM set on mespirit.

Last edited:

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Where Ya At

Miku (Chatot) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Keen Eye
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Chatter

ponponpon (Skuntank) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 232 Atk / 132 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

Sugoi~ (Sceptile) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rock Slide
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tiger Uppercut (Hitmonchan) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Capsule (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Megahorn

Hot Pink (Musharna) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Baton Pass
- Psychic
- Moonlight

Dropping the teams that I used for getting reqs in case anyone needs to finish getting them. I ended with a decent enough record and the teams, for the most part, are pretty optimized. The first one that you see above you was the result of me wanting to use scarf Chatot. A pretty reliable bulky offense team, the idea of the team is simple, pivoting around with Chatot and Musharna to lure in bulky steel, rock and ghost types that stop Chatot from spamming boomburst. Lum Berry Skuntank gives me a pretty effective trapper that also functions as a solid grass type check, mainly things like Lilligant and Sceptile. Standard mixed sceptile is the next slot and forms a pretty nice offensive core with Chatot since the two rack up damage pretty quick with moves like Leaf Storm and Boomburst at their disposal. Rock Slide on Sceptile can be switched with any other coverage move you can think of but I like slide for hitting zard since the team doesn't have many other ways to pressure it otherwise. Hitmonchan is our spinner of choice, pretty standard set that I won't bother going over. Rhydon + Musharna rounds the team out as a rly bulky defensive core that lets me check a majority of the tier. t-wave on mushy is filler for the most part so feel free to replace it with whatever you like better. The only major suggestion I would think is worth trying is maybe sub + 3 attacks on sceptile since even with skunk and hitmonchan, the team is pretty squishy vs sucker punch users like shiftry.
Game showing the team in action - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nususpecttest-348460768

UFO (Charizard) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Blaze
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake

FLASH (Kabutops) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
- Superpower

Liquid Swords (Skuntank) @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Defog
- Sucker Punch

Enter the Sphere (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Dream Land (Musharna) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Barrier
- Stored Power
- Moonlight

So Cool (Hariyama) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Stone Edge

Second team that I based around Specs Charizard originally but I found the freedom from Expert Belt a lot more useful than the additional power boost. Scarf Kabutops makes up the first half of my hazard control core and is a fun set to play around with since it's still pretty strong and can function as a decent cleaner after Charizard has put in some work. Mixed Skuntank gives me additional hazard removal and a great way to lure in things like Steelix once you're revealed Sucker punch since most people will assume you're physically offensive. Ferroseed gives me rocks support and pairs well with the next pokemon, Barrier + Calm Mind Musharna. Musharna is a pretty strong win condition once it gets going since not much can stand up to it the entire game. Hariyama is a typical AV set that does what it does best, chew most fire and ice attacks and spam knock off.
Game showing the team in action - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nususpecttest-348455818

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thought I may as well post my team, purely because it's the only one I've made that doesn't hold some gimmicky merit to it.
This team didn't have any deep thought or process into making it, I did it in 5-10 minutes when a friend who was new to NU wanted a hyper offensive team, so I made him one :P

So with out further-ado, the team!

Charizard @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Vital Spirit
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide/Night Slash/Stone Edge

Rotom @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake/Fire Blast
- Rock Slide
- Zen Headbutt/Iron Head

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power/Zen Headbutt
- Stealth Rock

So, a little about each of my members then;

-Charizard: This mon is mainly here to provide decent coverage support and allows for a pretty decent soft fighting check too. Flamethrower and Air Slash are a given and I like FB for the rock and normal types that its other two moves can have problems with (e.g. Milktank, Regirock, etc.). The last moveslot was a tough one and I did end up changing it a lot, but I finally decided on Will-o-Wisp to punish switch-ins that aren't named Magmortar or Pyroar.
-Primeape: This is my momentum keeper and late game sweeper that creates a nice fast volt-turn loop going with Rotom. I really enjoy using Ape after Sawk left, because it kinda fills in that hole quite nicely. This mon has a pretty standard set, so there's not much to really say about it. I prefer Adamant over Jolly, because screw Omaster in rain :P
-Rotom: My other soft fighting and normal check, this little thing can be a terror to teams with status and volt-turning with Primeape. I really like this mon because it provides a few resists that can come in handy, and also allows me to deal with various fighting and dark types (at the very least weakening them) thanks to colbur.
-Tauros: With Sawk gone, this thing is free to absolutely wreck teams with its great coverage and access to sheer force LO. This is basically my sweeper/partial wall-breaker and allows my team to break past things such as Yama and M-Dino (depending on the set). Admittedly I can't settle on what moves I use, so I listed them all as slashes.
-Hitmonchan: To be honest, I didn't like this mon at all when I first used it, but it has really grown on me. Being a great spinner (best in the tier imo) and having the ability to sponge special hits pretty decently make it an invaluable member on the team, especially because it beats and smacks around a lot of rain teams o.o
-Aurorus: Last but finally not least is my SR setter. This mon is by far my favourite as it can deal with so many issues that the rest of my team can't, such as smashing things like Quag and Rhydon, whilst also being able to be a soft check to some set-up mons. The ability to reset weather is also great against rain/sun teams.

Last edited:
Sorry to burst your bubble but Ape cant learn knock off but it can Learn Night slash/Punishment if thats your think but i think Stone Edge is best in that slot since rock slide is weak on Scarf Ape and you can try and 2hko Ghosts or kill a weakened ghost that you are trying to revenge.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ah, oops lol xD meant to put night slash, but knock off is like the only dark move used so I put that instead, changed thanks :P

Vigoroth Semi-Stall

I decided to post this team that has been tweaked over the past few weeks and before PrinceLucian murders me :]
The concept of the team is to weaken the opposing team with hazards, notably Toxic Spikes, in order for BU Vigoroth to setup late game and sweep.
Vigoroth is actually insanely bulky in both defenses with an Eviolite intact and Spdef investment and can 6-0 teams that have their ghost types removed if given the chance to setup. Also with the departure of 2 Fighting types, Vig's sole weakness, greatly improved his viability. Omastar was our choice for our hazard setter since it is the only mon in NU with rocks and Tspikes (iirc) and gives us a nice normal/flying resist. With Ice beam and his spread he can 2hko Plume after rocks and also can damage other Grass types on the switch. Pursuit Skunk was necessary to trap ghosts that wall Vig and also absorbs annoying Tspikes which ironically is super annoying for our grounded team. It also gives us Priority for our teams lack of speed.

Chan gives us a spinner since our team doesnt enjoy hazards and we needed a strong mon that could potentially dent the other team and give us strong priority for our lack of speed. LO Chan is so good cause it can 2hko spin blockers and 2hko annoying stuff like Vileplume. Gourgeist is a nice glue for the team giving us a more solid normal check, fighting check, Knock off switch, malamar check, and check to tons of scary sweepers like Barb/Rhydon. Also it adds another hazard deterent with Magic Coat (props to PrinceLucian) which can bounce back rocks, toxics, wisps and most importantly spikes! Seed Bomb was chosen to kill Quag which otherwise stopped everything else pretty much. Lanturn was added to patch up our fire/electric/water weakness and provide a cleric. You can go with so many utility moves in the last slot however PrinceLucian recommend COnfuse Ray, something ive seen used in the past, to force switches and get free Volt switches and rack up hazard damage.

For options on Vigoroth Sub and Taunt have both been tested and have worked out nicely. Sub is to stop annoying mons like Weezing, mantine, Vileplume and other weak special attackers from statusing us since they cant break our subs. Taunt can stop defogs, hazards, opposing setup and recovery as well as the rare phazers.

Both variants are fun and work with the team but must be played differently and also match dependent. Props to PrinceLucian for suggesting sets and helping test the team and I hope you guys enjoy trying an underrated mon in Vigoroth! He can do some crazy things you would think such as setting up on bulky rocks and steels such as Steelix and also tanking hits from Lilligant and Vivillion and using them a fodder (if no confusion hax) due to Vital Spirit and even being so bulky as to tank hits from Aurorus and Abomasnow!

Spunky Skunky (Skuntank) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 232 Atk / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Taunt

Sliddy Squiddy (Omastar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 48 SpA / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Chunkey Monkey (Vigoroth) @ Eviolite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / / 252 SpD /4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Frustration
- Slack Off

(BAN ME PLEASE) Channy (Hitmonchan) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin

Lighty Brighty (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 156 Def / 204 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Confuse Ray/Protect/Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

Spooky Pooky (Gourgeist-Super) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Magic Coat
- Seed Bomb
- Synthesis

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Aqua Jet

go team (Vivillon) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Energy Ball

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Kabutops @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Rapid Spin
- Superpower

Mesprit @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Signal Beam
- Trick

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Built this team around the core of Special Rott + Vivillon as they have great offensive synergy with each other. Standard Viv set was chosen because it's probably the most effective but I opted to go with HP Fire on Samurott over more conventional coverage options to lure in Ferroseed, something the team struggles to pressure without Spikes. Both mons here are extremely weak to Electric so I picked Camerupt as my Rocker, the best Rotom check you can get. The spread lives two Acrobatics from Bulky Zard after Rocks + Leftovers because I don't have the best switchins to a Wisp. This is also another mon that pressures Ferroseed to allow my next mon, Scarf Kabutops, to clean. Hazard removal is necessary with Viv and this provides me with some needed speed on the team to check things such as Swellow more effectively. Specs Mesprit is a Fighting check and gives me some wallbreaking power, Timid was chosen over Modest to give Shiftry as little breathing room as possible. Ferroseed was the last mon added and gives me both a Water switchin and Spikes.

Would love some feedback/a rate for this squad because I really like it but I think there's some flaws to be fixed (namely, weakness to Darks) and I'm trying to get more into building for NU. Thanks :>

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave

Rapidash @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Drill Run
- Baton Pass

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonlight
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- Substitute

Hello I built this team around poliwrath because I got it as my avatar when I joined this site c: The idea was to use classic special poli w/ lefties because it's good in this meta as it walls lots of water types like samurott and floatzel, and priority vacuum wave is amazing for shell smashers and to clean up offense in general. I paired it with banded rapidash because it's something I've wanted to try for a while, it makes for a great wallbreaker and fire check, and I needed something fast to handle offense too so it fit well. Baton pass was for momentum but I guess you can run willowisp too, though it carries huge risk. Next came rhydon, which patched up a few holes. It's my stealth rocker, bird spam and normal spam check, so it has quite an important role. Then I picked defensive xatu, because I really think it's great overall, arguably as great as the other sets. It's just a really firm glue, twave is amazing for crippling offensive mons which this team tends to struggle with and helps my other pokemons put in work too. Vileplume was next, mainly because lanturn was an issue, but it just has a good matchup vs most of the meta anyway so it's never a bad choice imo. Also it's my fighting check. Lastly, I threw on a klingklang, just as a nice wincon and something to set up on psychic types. Most people would argue that wild charge isn't a good option, but I have to disagree when people are using bulky water types on just about every team; it has won me quite a few games.

Rotom is obviously a glaring weakness, but you can play around it with rapidash and plume. This was mostly just a fun team that I felt like sharing and you can use it if you want. The synergy I found my team to have was very surprising when I actually used it, so while I didn't take it that seriously, the team is still very viable. I don't care if you want to rate this to be honest, I came here just to share it so you can improve it by yourself if it really interests you.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Floatzel @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Waterfall
- Focus Punch

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Healing Wish

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flame Charge

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Sucker Punch

Mismagius @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond
So you guys are probably sick of me talking about Floatzel now, but messing around with the whole Sub-Pass thing, I made a team that actually let me get fairly high up the ladder (from around 1250 to 1450). The concept is just "setup-spam", where Floatzel forces something out, sets up a Substitute and passes it to a teammate so that the Substitute doesn't break, then they just set up and break through teams until something completes a sweep.

Special Floatzel is probably better in general but this team somewhat lacks physical attackers and Floatzel is clicking Substitute anyways, so why not try out Focus Punch? It's actually not terrible, and it's about 25% more powerful than Waterfall against neutral targets. Using Focus Punch dry against things like Klinklang and Barbaracle as they try to set up is also hilarious. Anything Waterfall + Focus Punch doesn't cover is usually just Sub-Pass fodder if I pick the right mon. Mesprit is my primary Fighting-type check, Stealth Rock setter, and decent Malamar response if the opponent tries to use it too early. It also provides Healing Wish support so that I can play a little more recklessly with my sweepers and wear down defensive checks more easily. Flame Charge Magmortar can break through teams once its checks are removed, using Hidden Power Grass to act as a secondary response to Quagsire (obviously a problem for setup spam) and being a catch-all for special attackers in general, particularly Vivillon and Lilligant, while being able to preserve Floatzel's Substitute against Grass-types such as Vileplume. Rhydon is similarly a decent catch-all for a lot of physical attackers, particularly Normal-types like Tauros and Kangaskhan, and the flexibility that Double Dance provides usually makes it the most consistent end-game sweeper of the bunch. I also usually pass to Rhydon against Mantine, as it always goes for Air Slash and basically gives me a free Rock Polish or KO as it tries to break the Sub. Shiftry provides strong priority and extra Speed, and is the pass target of choice when Lanturn tries to block Floatzel. Knock Off also helps wear down defensive checks for other sweepers by removing Assault Vests / Eviolites etc if required. Finally Mismagius is a bit of an odd choice but adds a much-needed boosting special wallbreaker and response to the base 95 speed-tier mons, such as Primeape and Jynx, that otherwise cause the team problems. Destiny Bond also makes it a decent way to remove particularly problematic threats for teammates if necessary. Its many immunities also give it lots of opportunities to preserve Floatzel's Substitute.

All of the sweepers apart from Shiftry can also preserve the Substitutes against U-turns, which is nice. The sweeper movesets can be changed around quite a lot, for example using Earthquake on Magmortar instead of HP Grass / Flame Charge, Stone Edge on Rhydon, Explosion on Shiftry over Swords Dance, or even Taunt for Mismagius. I've had a lot of fun with this team setup and I'm sure it can provide you with some easy wins too. :)

Last edited:

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.

Volturn Bulky Offense

Importable:
Arrow (Swellow) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Brave Bird

Flash (Electivire) @ Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
Hasty Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake

Poseidon (Poliwrath) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave

Spiritus (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- U-turn
- Signal Beam

Gaultier (Skuntank) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 SpA / 108 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Defog

Helldozer (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Peak:

• This is probably one of the better Electivire teams around,Ive been testing E-vire for a while now and people dont know how to utilize its potential correctly,since most people think its a mediocre pokemon from what they heard of by other people (mostly outclassed by magmortar/other electric types and now Manectric, but I dont think so), Electivires ability Motor drive and its special movepool while also having EQ alows it to lure and be a fantastic corebreaker vs balanced teams, ofc its not breaking anything called audino/musharna but thats not the point, breaking steelix/grasses/lanturn and having ability to gain momentum is something that i find Niche in running electivire, even if its not the best pokemon around, it definitely has good potential in the right team and it can shine.
  • Now to start with team, it has a short story with it, I tried E-vire on balanced teams in past,but i think it fits the best on bulky offense just because on balance there are definitely things that sack and ruin the momentum of the game and there are definitely things that outclass electivire like magmortar as e-vire is never gonna find a better role than Mag on really fat teams, so lets get to the team, after Manectric dropped i knew Electivire is gonna be an excellent check to it, forcing opponent not to click volt switch and give it that motor drive boost and pressuring it to click hp grass or something, another thing is that ive actually started building this team with Manectric but after 3 pokemon I realised Electivire is definitely gonna suit better on the team.
Building Process:
  • I started my team with core of Swellow+Electivire, Swellow is an amazing late game cleaner with combination of Boomburst/Scrappy and benefits from E-vire weakening its counters/checks really easy unlike other electric types, manectric can hit steelix but so can E-vire,also manectric cant hit lanturn for enough damage while electivire hits it really hard with earthquake ,and that little speed is nice to sacrifice for that EQ coverage .
  • Third pokemon was Poliwrath,its an excellent switchin to everything that bothers electivire/swellow like Rhydon/Steelix and other rockers like regirock, its also an excellent check to shell smashers and really an Underrated pokemon that many people forgot rn, its double stab is simply awesome and it has priority move which is very useful to pick weakened pokemon. Item vary from Choice specs to Life orb but im running specs because its pretty nice to have that little more power, it also gives a team another immunity with water absorb and e-vire having motor drive together so opponent needs to be careful what to click.
  • Now, forth pokemon for the team was tricky,i definitely didnt want to pick rocker and first wanted to finish the offensive core, first My core of 3 pokemon altough all being wallbreakers they didnt hit That hard, then i was weak to normal types/flying types like scyther , and thats where SD Rhydon came, having the ability to break through anything called defensive Audino,defensive mushy and things like Miltank etc...Rhydon is fearsome late game sweeper because afer RP it outspeeds whole meta, also another thing that i think is peoples balanced teams are often unprepared for RP rhydon as it can sweep entire teams if opponents has no hard check to it, which is why i think this pokemon is amazing.
  • Fifth pokemon, I needed rocker,Fighting check,Ground immunity and my obvious choice was Mesprit ,an amazing stealth rocker for bulky offense, defensive variants can be wore down during match but there are really not much fighting pokemon in tier except yama/hitmon and primeape which most people run as scarf which isnt the best set, Mesprit is also my *malamar check* with u turn and signal beam, altough i faced many malamars and with offensive pressure of my volturn core i never had problems with any, Mesprit is also another pokemon to give my team momentum which is really nice.I chose Psyshock over Psychic because it deals more damage to yama/chan, but if Gurdurr was in tier then Psychic would be more useful,but rn psyshock is doing the good job.
  • And for last pokemon ,it wasnt really hard to choose, I use it recently a lot and its really an cool set, which is special lure skuntank, it checks Grass pokemon for my team, psychic pokemon for my team and audino, it shuts down psychic setup sweepers easily with acid spray and its my defogger, which defogs with real ease vs so many things,especially early game getting momentum vs opposing mesprits and u turning/volt switching into early game is just nice.
  • Overall, so far I peaked 3# with this team,i made team just because newer people really like electivire and i havent seen any more teams with it^^
  • Main weakness: Aurorus is the only bigger weakness i encountered ,it can be beaten by few mons on team but its pretty annoying, abomasnow is lot easier to handle.

Last edited:

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.

Throh-Semi Stall by LucianVega/Ov3rLadd3r

Olaa its Vega back here with another team,this time featuring Throh,underrated and cool mon that deserves more love.

Throh is a really bulky pokemon,it has really high HP and spdef which allows it to succesfully run Restalk Bulk up set, it also has the ability in Guts which boosts its attack while statused, while circle throw is really good move to shuffle opponent around which makes it a good addition for spike stack teams.This team wouldnt happen if there wasnt Ov3rLadd3r, he started the team with Pursuit trapp support from Skuntank which is definitely one of the best partners to Throh, his team had swellow/rotom/quagsire/ferroseed, and while rotom is definitely a good spinblocker, I have a long experience with gourgeist and i can say its defitely one of the best defensive spinblockers in tier, best fighting type counter and one of the bulkiest pokemon around with reliable recovery, so instead of the offensive route, I decided to change it up and lead into stall direction, making my generic defensive backbone of Lanturn/Gourgeist that i use in so many teams,and later patched the team.Idea of team was of course setting hazards up, weakening opponent during match with defensive core and then setting up with throh later game, even earlier if ghosts are removed by skuntank.

Building phase:

• There are few variants of Throh, one of defensive ones is also a restalk Knock off/Circle throw variant, but this team is built around Bulk up Throh without knock off, so a Pursuit trapper was a must, and skuntank is definitely the best and bulkiest trapper in NU. It also counters psychic pokemon(without weird-ish hp ground variants) and gives team a strong priority move while being a stallbreaker and also preventing defog with Taunt, it also absorbs toxic spikes for the team which is very useful for defensive builds.Skuntank spread is a bit different than standard, 24 speed is to outspeed base 55s, maximum attack gives the max power to sucker punch and pursuit, and rest is in spdef to tank hits better, Black sludge is chosen over lum berry just because it gets passive recovery and if it gets statused ,team has cleric anyway.(Bulkier skuntank spread variation is also in importable so choose which one you like more, although I always like that little speed creeps cuz im me lol)
  • Omastar is our hazard setter, maximum defense and Hp are chosen instead of doing speed creeps/trying to focus on 2 KO-ing vileplume, just because longevity of team is important and it gives us better check for threats like archeops with EQ/klinklang and so on..Stealth rocks and Toxic spikes are in my experience better on this team than rocks+spikes, just because it wears down more defensive builds easier, and offense doesnt appreciate 1 t-spike+pressure either, Omastar hits very hard without investment anyway and skuntank checks grass types very well for it.
  • Gourgeist is very reliable spinblocker,Edgequake counter, fighting/normal counter and another underrated pokemon that i think it really deserves more attention, checks setup sweepers like pinsir/SD rott and can burn them in setup process which vileplume cant, altough vileplume can absorb tspikes itself which is a great advantage over Gourg and effect spore is cool. Classic moveset, Leech seed adds another recovery move which can support team better.
  • Lanturn,our cleric,special tank,pivot,electric immunity and thats pretty much all to say, standard choice on many teams for me, when i build i always ask myself if theres no reason to use lanturn, and i mostly end up having it just because its a really good support pokemon and glue for most of teams.
  • For last pokemon, I thought cryogonal was a good idea,it gives team an Ice check which many teams forget to prepare for, Hazard removal , and a very good check to Special grass types like lilligant, vileplume and special cacturne(it can outplay sucker punches with toxic), you can run either Lefties/Safety Goggles(inspired by quite quiet), this EV spread is suggested by Erisia so shotout to him,whenever you need a defensive spread for particular pokemon be sure to ask him. Cryogonal is a pretty underrated spinner,it doesnt have the best defense stat so dont let it spin vs phys attackers or vs priority users.
  • (Tnx rapture for cool suggestions, finalized the team)

Overall, this team is really fun to use,it can overcome most matchups if you play well,has excellent matchup vs weather teams,its not a typical hard stall team so you can play a bit aggresive early game just to get those hazards up, and its really hard to stop Throh sweep if your team lacks strong wallbreakers so hf using it.

Importable:
JOHN CENA (Throh) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up
- Circle Throw

Gaultier (Skuntank) (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 Atk / 232 SpD / 24 Spe OR EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

Nautilus (Omastar) (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Rosemary (Gourgeist-Super) (F) @ Colbur Berry
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Ariel (Lanturn) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 232 Def / 172 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Absolute 0 (Cryogonal) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect

Last edited:

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Throh-Semi Stall by LucianVega/Ov3rLadd3r

Olaa its Vega back here with another team,this time featuring Throh,underrated and cool mon that deserves more love.

Throh is a really bulky pokemon,it has really high HP and spdef which allows it to succesfully run Restalk Bulk up set, it also has the ability in Guts which boosts its attack while statused, while circle throw is really good move to shuffle opponent around which makes it a good addition for spike stack teams.This team wouldnt happen if there wasnt Ov3rLadd3r, he started the team with Pursuit trapp support from Skuntank which is definitely one of the best partners to Throh, his team had swellow/rotom/quagsire/ferroseed, and while rotom is definitely a good spinblocker, I have a long experience with gourgeist and i can say its defitely one of the best defensive spinblockers in tier, best fighting type counter and one of the bulkiest pokemon around with reliable recovery, so instead of the offensive route, I decided to change it up and lead into stall direction, making my generic defensive backbone of Lanturn/Gourgeist that i use in so many teams,and later patched the team.Idea of team was of course setting hazards up, weakening opponent during match with defensive core and then setting up with throh later game, even earlier if ghosts are removed by skuntank.

Building phase:

• There are few variants of Throh, one of defensive ones is also a restalk Knock off/Circle throw variant, but this team is built around Bulk up Throh without knock off, so a Pursuit trapper was a must, and skuntank is definitely the best and bulkiest trapper in NU. It also counters psychic pokemon(without weird-ish hp ground variants) and gives team a strong priority move while being a stallbreaker and also preventing defog with Taunt, it also absorbs toxic spikes for the team which is very useful for defensive builds.Skuntank spread is a bit different than standard, 24 speed is to outspeed base 55s, maximum attack gives the max power to sucker punch and pursuit, and rest is in spdef to tank hits better, Black sludge is chosen over lum berry just because it gets passive recovery and if it gets statused ,team has cleric anyway.
  • Omastar is our hazard setter, maximum defense and Hp are chosen instead of doing speed creeps/trying to focus on 2 KO-ing vileplume, just because longevity of team is important and it gives us better check for threats like archeops with EQ/klinklang and so on..Stealth rocks and Toxic spikes are in my experience better on this team than rocks+spikes, just because it wears down more defensive builds easier, and offense doesnt appreciate 1 t-spike+pressure either, Omastar hits very hard without investment anyway and skuntank checks grass types very well for it.
  • Gourgeist is very reliable spinblocker,Edgequake counter, fighting/normal counter and another underrated pokemon that i think it really deserves more attention, checks setup sweepers like pinsir/SD rott and can burn them in setup process which vileplume cant, altough vileplume can absorb tspikes itself which is a great advantage over Gourg and effect spore is cool. Classic moveset, Leech seed adds another recovery move which can support team better.
  • Lanturn,our cleric,special tank,pivot,electric immunity and thats pretty much all to say, standard choice on many teams for me, when i build i always ask myself if theres no reason to use lanturn, and i mostly end up having it just because its a really good support pokemon and glue for most of teams.
  • For last pokemon, I thought cryogonal was a good idea,it gives team an Ice check which many teams forget to prepare for, Hazard removal , and a very good check to Special grass types like lilligant, vileplume and special cacturne(it can outplay sucker punches with toxic), you can run either Lefties/Safety Goggles(inspired by quite quiet), this EV spread is suggested by Erisia so shotout to him,whenever you need a defensive spread for particular pokemon be sure to ask him. Cryogonal is a pretty underrated spinner,it doesnt have the best defense stat so dont let it spin vs phys attackers or vs priority users.

Overall, this team is really fun to use,it can overcome most matchups if you play well,has excellent matchup vs weather teams,its not a typical hard stall team so you can play a bit aggresive early game just to get those hazards up, and its really hard to stop Throh sweep if your team lacks strong wallbreakers so hf using it.

Importable:
JOHN CENA (Throh) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up
- Circle Throw

Gaultier (Skuntank) (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 Atk / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

Nautilus (Omastar) (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Rosemary (Gourgeist-Super) (F) @ Colbur Berry
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Ariel (Lanturn) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 232 Def / 172 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

Absolute 0 (Cryogonal) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

There are more cool stuff i wanted to post,so ill add a pastebin of few fun teams I built recently ,one of them was with my buddy Dantete(player with high potenials hehe) which was really fun team to use,and one was yogi improved team,others were built by me, some of them arent that serious but they are mostly built for fun and did well on ladder http://pastebin.com/QXggg9CE
Team looks good vega, havent looked thru the pastebin but throh plus spikes is bound to be tough to play around if you support it well enough. Couple of suggestions though, I would move 24 ev's on skuntank into hp since that hits a black sludge number iirc which means you get the most of its recovery each turn. In addition, some moveset changes that I would try is Protect > Thunder Wave on Lanturn and Reflect > Toxic on Cyrogonal. Protect helps to rack up t spikes damage and get more leftovers recovery, plus with such a slow team you can afford to drop the "strategic" speed control that thunder wave offers. Reflect on cyro lets it dance around pursuit trappers and the screen turns let you play a more defensive game with the rest of your team if need be. I used it on Cyrogonal on a team I used for suspect laddering and it worked out quite well from my experience, although I still think it's garbage unless you absolutely need an ice resist. That being said I think you make good use of cryo on this team so kudos again for sharing it.

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.
Team looks good vega, havent looked thru the pastebin but throh plus spikes is bound to be tough to play around if you support it well enough. Couple of suggestions though, I would move 24 ev's on skuntank into hp since that hits a black sludge number iirc which means you get the most of its recovery each turn. In addition, some moveset changes that I would try is Protect > Thunder Wave on Lanturn and Reflect > Toxic on Cyrogonal. Protect helps to rack up t spikes damage and get more leftovers recovery, plus with such a slow team you can afford to drop the "strategic" speed control that thunder wave offers. Reflect on cyro lets it dance around pursuit trappers and the screen turns let you play a more defensive game with the rest of your team if need be. I used it on Cyrogonal on a team I used for suspect laddering and it worked out quite well from my experience, although I still think it's garbage unless you absolutely need an ice resist. That being said I think you make good use of cryo on this team so kudos again for sharing it.
Hy Shadowtags,tnx for suggestion and I agree with skuntank suggestion part so prly gonna change the spread soon, Protect>twave on lanturn is also nice as toxic spikes will punish grounded pokemon anyway, but ill still test that one a bit before deciding it, and it gives lanturn more recovery which is nice. I also dont think cryogonal is that good of a pokemon, but it really did some nice job in games so i can say it fits pretty decently here, Toxic was also just a nice filler that allowed me to badly poison common cryogonal switchins like magmortar/pyroar. -swapped

Last edited:

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Sleep Powder

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Pyroar @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Haunter @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I wanted to build around Lilligant since it is a really cool sweeper and was looking really potent after Scpetile left. I added Rhydon since it checks Flying and Fire-types that Lilligant despises while Lilligant can scare Water and Ground-types for Rhydon. I added Pyroar to act as a wallbreaker and a check to Grass-types. Lanturn gave me a pivot into a bunch of stuff while providing momentum and finished off the FWG core. I didn't really like how weak to team was to CM Audino and some other stuff like Ghost so I added Haunter to help with that problem. Finally I added Malamar as another sweeper and kind of just worked with what every other Pokmeon break down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)