np: Battle Spot Singles Suspect Process, Round 1 - Mama Said Knock You Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not ban, the only reason it's being suspected is because no one has the BALLS to run Eviolite Dusclops. Bitch ain't got Knock Off, bitch ain't got hope. Spite the shit out of her welfare, burn the bitch AND her bastard child, and she's dead. Prob solved. Kanga isn't the prob with this community. It's the lack of testosterone to counterbalance this strong independant woman's estrogen.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Posting to say I'm fully, 100% behind the idea of an m-kanga ban.

To put it simply, ever since she's entered the metagame, mega kangaskhan has been putting in work nonstop. As shown earlier, most of the top teams have her in starring roles, working overtime to keep their endeavors afloat. And through all this, no one has asked the one crucial question:

What about maternity leave?

As a single mother in the workforce, mega kangaskhan has been forced to bring her child into the battle just to spend some time with it. It's time we corrected this egregious abuse of women's rights which keeps women out of the workplace. Ban Mega Kangaskhan so she can get a break to raise her kid : )

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
April first over here x.x check your timezone privilege
Still April 1 here too. But yeah, in posting that I wasn't going to post until tomorrow, I kind of violated my own statement. "This statement is false," etc. etc.

But now I do feel obligated to work "check your timezone privilege" into my lexicon. Too good!

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Lol its sad that I actually want this to happen. Why Gamefreak must you allow this monster on the ladder??

I'm not against banning in Smogon, but I am critical of it sometimes. Banning Mega Kangaskhan from OU, while questionable from me, is easily understandable, since OU is controlled by the people who runs this site. However, when it goes so far to ban a Pokemon from a battle format that Game Freak themselves created and Smogon players have no control over, that's going too far. Yes, Mega Kangaskhan is ridiculously powerful, so much that even Junichi Masuda admitted that he may have made her overpowered (though I personally never found trouble beating her), but getting Kangaskhan banned on Battle Spot of all places is just utterly ridiculous and further defines the stereotype of Smogon being the people that can't stop swinging their banhammers on anything. I don't mind her being banned from OU since it's your call, but banning her from Battle Spot is taking a step too far.

Isnt the whole purpose of battlespot showdown that its the same metagame as gamefreak gives us? Why is there a suspect testing at all? This will only decrease the amount of western people who are into the on-cart game cause people will play on showdown and not on the cartridge! Sorry for my opinion cant say, I really don't want to bother you, or be disrespectful to our community at all, but I needed to say this.
What day is today?

Good

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
I'm not against banning in Smogon, but I am critical of it sometimes. Banning Mega Kangaskhan from OU, while questionable from me, is easily understandable, since OU is controlled by the people who runs this site. However, when it goes so far to ban a Pokemon from a battle format that Game Freak themselves created and Smogon players have no control over, that's going too far. Yes, Mega Kangaskhan is ridiculously powerful, so much that even Junichi Masuda admitted that he may have made her overpowered (though I personally never found trouble beating her), but getting Kangaskhan banned on Battle Spot of all places is just utterly ridiculous and further defines the stereotype of Smogon being the people that can't stop swinging their banhammers on anything. I don't mind her being banned from OU since it's your call, but banning her from Battle Spot is taking a step too far.
What day is today?

Good

Just got my reqs.

It's not an easy call, but for this suspect I will be voting BAN.

This Pokemon puts far too much pressure on teambuilding and is unhealthy for the metagame. Just by being on a team, it destroys stall and balance with its high power, wide coverage and unpredictable sets. People point out that its typing is not the best, as it only has one immunity and no resistances, but what people don't realize is that there are also few moves that hit it super effectively. It also doesn't have the highest Speed stat compared to other offensive Pokemon, but its sheer power makes up for the fact. Yes, it has checks that resist its STAB, like Tyranitar, but what happens when you predict the switch and go for Drain Punch? Nice check. No Pokemon can truly counter you as you simply need to run the right move and play smart, then nothing will be able to escape the 2HKO. Your best option is to sack something and then revenge kill it, but no Pokemon should be able to exert that amount of pressure on the meta.

For these reasons I encourage you all to BAN Hoopa Unbound.

The only reason I'm so psychotically obsessed with Machamp is to deal with this girl. I'm tired of running Quick Claw attract Champ. Its so stupid and gimmicky. Not competitively viable at all, but I just have to to deal with Mega Kang! Definitly voting for a ban.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright everyone, since cant say clearly seems to be ignoring my many messages in our staff conversation, I feel the need to publicly call him out here. Sorry to everyone who was excited to play in this suspect test, but it's absolutely not happening. This is an April Fool's Day Joke and one in extremely poor taste at that.

People, I'll be completely transparent about this: having a joke suspect test for Mega Kangaskhan was my idea, and was a joke I had been considering since 2014, even before cant say was a mod here. But cant say holds all of the blame for this fiasco, because he went ahead and posted this "suspect thread" even though we clearly never reached an agreement as to whether or not we wanted to go ahead with this dangerous joke. I was afraid that it could be easily misunderstood and make people think we were actually trying to split from GameFreak's rules, and end up causing more damage that was not worth the few laughs it might get. Smogon is already seen as an extremely elitist community that tries to make up its own rules and force them upon players. When people complain about that, what are they always told? That they should check out the VGC and Battle Spot forums because we support Nintendo's formats and we are inclusive and have a place for players who don't want to use Smogon's rules. So what kind of message does this send? Just another case of Smogon intruding on how players want to play and causing even more strife and divide in the community. Amazing.

Right, though, it's April Fools! April Fools! Haha?

I'm sorry, cant say, "you just got pranked, bro!" is not and never was an acceptable justification for causing worry and stress to hundreds of people. Are you going to go hunt down every single person (which is a lot, considering you foolishly made the decision to advertise this on twitter) who thought this was legitimate and talk to them one on one and explain that oh hey it was just a joke but from now they should trust us and Smogon is actually a cool place? These are the kinds of things you have to think about before making a joke, and if you had even taken a fraction of a second to think about it, you would have seen all of the warning flags there. But unfortunately the damage is already done, and it's up to me (as always) to fix your mistakes.

Lately, cant say and I were discussing possible April Fool's Day jokes and this was the best one we came up with. However, we were still in the middle of weighing the pros and cons of the joke this morning. Obviously, it weighed heavily on the side of DO NOT DO because this is obviously a joke that requires a lot of subtlety and proper wording (two things cant say has never been good at) so that people would know it was a joke and they would not get so worked up about it. I knew I could do it right, but I was busy today because I had to study and go to college to take a quiz (which I failed by the way, because I was so worked up about this), so I decided it'd be better not to do it and it wasn't worth the risk. But he gave a lame excuse of "we'll run out of time if we wait any longer, because the joke has to go up before noon" and went ahead and jumped the gun by posting the thread OP in its clearly apparent rushed form. It's especially hilarious that he tagged me in the post as if he thought once it went public I would just go with it and wouldn't have the guts to publicly call attention to his power abuse. He thought wrong, as usual. It's absolutely ridiculous and this bypassing of the established system by cant say indicates a massive power trip on his part, something that is extremely unbecoming of a forum section leader.

Fine, maybe you're just getting so used to your position as mod that you think you can just do whatever you want without any serious consequences. Well, don't forget that I am the one who made you a mod in the first place, and don't forget for even a second that I can absolutely take that power away if I so choose. Maybe you think just because I don't have a fancy banner, that somehow makes me lesser than you, but you couldn't be more wrong (and by the way, I don't have a banner because I'm not the one who needs a giant colorful thing in my postbit announcing my position to everyone just to give myself validation and stroke my giant ego, unlike you, lmao).

Oh right, in fact cant say, since you are so obsessed with banners, why don't you take a look at what yours says? It says: "Battle Spot Co-Lead". Do you know what that means? It means that you are a co-leader. You are not the dictator of this forum. You don't get to make these kinds of decisions on your own; it is a collaborative effort and something we have to come to an agreement on before moving forward. We are a team and by choosing to circumvent the system that we both agreed to follow, you've not only compromised the integrity of the Battle Spot leadership in the eyes of our community, and the integrity of Smogon to the public at large, you've proven yourself to be absolutely and entirely inept at communication in a professional setting and completely unfit for any sort of leadership role or position of power.

Oh, and deleting my old posts and anything that responded to them and anything that remotely questioned you? Lol, good one! Just shows how much of a chump you are. If you had just apologized for your misstep I would have been more than glad to put this behind us and move forward, because you are somewhat useful to the forum even if only as a figurehead. But trying to cover up your tracks is just sad, especially when you leave such an obvious breadcrumb trail. Do you not realize I can see that you edited Omastar68's post? You even left the "last edited by a moderator" line there. I hope you enjoyed abusing your moderator powers and that banner you apparently love so much, because they're going away now.

Like you all probably see coming, this thread is now locked. I apologize for this entire mess, to both everyone who wanted to play in this suspect test, and those who were shocked or offended by Smogon apparently trying to co-opt or replace Nintendo's own official formats. Please understand that this thread does not in any way represent the thoughts or beliefs of Smogon as a whole, and was simply the poorly-thought-out and morally bankrupt action of one radical user who, rest assured, will be removed from power and punished immediately.

Sadly, we can't undo this mess, but we can hopefully make sure it never happens again. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kangaskhan was the very 1st Pokemon I bred in XY because a) it's female-only which makes it hella easy, and b) because I knew it was going to be amazing. I slapped that badgal onto a team with 5 benchwarmers and broke 1700 in my first season in Battle Spot. I just went on auto-pilot with a bad set and still made all my opps look like fools. I hold a lot of sentimental value in my Khan:

khan screenshot resized.png

season 3 XY rank resized.png

However, this suspect was admittedly very hasty, and points brought up such as splintering the PS and on-cart community were very valid, so I have decided to leave Mega Kangaskhan unbanned in BSS and not email Nintendo with all the votes to ban it.

Alright everyone, since cant say clearly seems to be ignoring my many messages in our staff conversation, I feel the need to publicly call him out here. Sorry to everyone who was excited to play in this suspect test, but it's absolutely not happening. This is an April Fool's Day Joke and one in extremely poor taste at that.

People, I'll be completely transparent about this: having a joke suspect test for Mega Kangaskhan was my idea, and was a joke I had been considering since 2014, even before cant say was a mod here. But cant say holds all of the blame for this fiasco, because he went ahead and posted this "suspect thread" even though we clearly never reached an agreement as to whether or not we wanted to go ahead with this dangerous joke. I was afraid that it could be easily misunderstood and make people think we were actually trying to split from GameFreak's rules, and end up causing more damage that was not worth the few laughs it might get. Smogon is already seen as an extremely elitist community that tries to make up its own rules and force them upon players. When people complain about that, what are they always told? That they should check out the VGC and Battle Spot forums because we support Nintendo's formats and we are inclusive and have a place for players who don't want to use Smogon's rules. So what kind of message does this send? Just another case of Smogon intruding on how players want to play and causing even more strife and divide in the community. Amazing.

Right, though, it's April Fools! April Fools! Haha?

I'm sorry, cant say, "you just got pranked, bro!" is not and never was an acceptable justification for causing worry and stress to hundreds of people. Are you going to go hunt down every single person (which is a lot, considering you foolishly made the decision to advertise this on twitter) who thought this was legitimate and talk to them one on one and explain that oh hey it was just a joke but from now they should trust us and Smogon is actually a cool place? These are the kinds of things you have to think about before making a joke, and if you had even taken a fraction of a second to think about it, you would have seen all of the warning flags there. But unfortunately the damage is already done, and it's up to me (as always) to fix your mistakes.

Lately, cant say and I were discussing possible April Fool's Day jokes and this was the best one we came up with. However, we were still in the middle of weighing the pros and cons of the joke this morning. Obviously, it weighed heavily on the side of DO NOT DO because this is obviously a joke that requires a lot of subtlety and proper wording (two things cant say has never been good at) so that people would know it was a joke and they would not get so worked up about it. I knew I could do it right, but I was busy today because I had to study and go to college to take a quiz (which I failed by the way, because I was so worked up about this), so I decided it'd be better not to do it and it wasn't worth the risk. But he gave a lame excuse of "we'll run out of time if we wait any longer, because the joke has to go up before noon" and went ahead and jumped the gun by posting the thread OP in its clearly apparent rushed form. It's especially hilarious that he tagged me in the post as if he thought once it went public I would just go with it and wouldn't have the guts to publicly call attention to his power abuse. He thought wrong, as usual. It's absolutely ridiculous and this bypassing of the established system by cant say indicates a massive power trip on his part, something that is extremely unbecoming of a forum section leader.

Fine, maybe you're just getting so used to your position as mod that you think you can just do whatever you want without any serious consequences. Well, don't forget that I am the one who made you a mod in the first place, and don't forget for even a second that I can absolutely take that power away if I so choose. Maybe you think just because I don't have a fancy banner, that somehow makes me lesser than you, but you couldn't be more wrong (and by the way, I don't have a banner because I'm not the one who needs a giant colorful thing in my postbit announcing my position to everyone just to give myself validation and stroke my giant ego, unlike you, lmao).

Oh right, in fact cant say, since you are so obsessed with banners, why don't you take a look at what yours says? It says: "Battle Spot Co-Lead". Do you know what that means? It means that you are a co-leader. You are not the dictator of this forum. You don't get to make these kinds of decisions on your own; it is a collaborative effort and something we have to come to an agreement on before moving forward. We are a team and by choosing to circumvent the system that we both agreed to follow, you've not only compromised the integrity of the Battle Spot leadership in the eyes of our community, and the integrity of Smogon to the public at large, you've proven yourself to be absolutely and entirely inept at communication in a professional setting and completely unfit for any sort of leadership role or position of power.

Oh, and deleting my old posts and anything that responded to them and anything that remotely questioned you? Lol, good one! Just shows how much of a chump you are. If you had just apologized for your misstep I would have been more than glad to put this behind us and move forward, because you are somewhat useful to the forum even if only as a figurehead. But trying to cover up your tracks is just sad, especially when you leave such an obvious breadcrumb trail. Do you not realize I can see that you edited Omastar68's post? You even left the "last edited by a moderator" line there. I hope you enjoyed abusing your moderator powers and that banner you apparently love so much, because they're going away now.

Like you all probably see coming, this thread is now locked. I apologize for this entire mess, to both everyone who wanted to play in this suspect test, and those who were shocked or offended by Smogon apparently trying to co-opt or replace Nintendo's own official formats. Please understand that this thread does not in any way represent the thoughts or beliefs of Smogon as a whole, and was simply the poorly-thought-out and morally bankrupt action of one radical user who, rest assured, will be removed from power and punished immediately.

Sadly, we can't undo this mess, but we can hopefully make sure it never happens again. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
I love you, dude. We can work through this, just give me another chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)