Nintendo Switch

Bought the special edition of Fire Emblem Warriors. Never really played too many musou games in the past, but after playing this game, I think I'm hooked. Soundtrack is amazing, gameplay is surprisingly simple, yet fun, voice acting is pretty decent and the amount of content is astounding. My only gripes are the inconsistent lighting (making the graphics look either decent or really bad) and the super small text size (I have crap eyesight, so I can't see anything on the switch screen).

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've also been playing Fire Emblem Warriors and having a blast. Never played Hyrule Warriors but I can see why it became popular.

Last edited:

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
bumping cause, what took a lifetimes worth of sales for the wii u to sell 13 million units, the switch sells nearly 15 million units in 9 months. you can see the sales charts right here on nintendo's own website. this only goes to show how much of a success the switch has been, it hasnt even been out for a year yet it outsold the wii u, which is really impressive to say the least. whats also really impressive is in their software sales, mario odyssey has managed to sell 9 million units in only 2 months, giving it an attachment rate of 61%, followed by mario kart 8 deluxe's 49% attachment rate, and zelda botw's 45%.

because of these amazingly high sales for nintendo, they stated earlier in the month that they expect to sell 20 million more switches this year, which would bring the total up to 35 mil. while this sounds ambitious, it can also mean that they'll likely drop some big games this year, bigger than yoshi, kirby, and fire emblem. yeah, its likely pokemon will plop onto shelves this year, as everyone is aware of how much it prints money. im really looking forward to whatever nintendo has to offer this year, and can hopefully get my hands on a switch later on.

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i never really could justify the purchase of a nintendo switch due to the cost but if this year's lineup of games is any good at all i might consider coughing up the cash. so far it's mostly ports and random stuff that doesn't interest me too much but the year is young so i'll wait until the next nintendo direct before passing any judgement.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
The controllers have an annoying glitch where it will start moving a cursor icon to the left even when you're not pressing anything
That sounds unusual. I would contact Nintendo and they will have you send your controller in and they'll fix it for you. Depending on when you purchased your Switch, it may be something they won't charge you at all for.

bumping cause, what took a lifetimes worth of sales for the wii u to sell 13 million units, the switch sells nearly 15 million units in 9 months. you can see the sales charts right here on nintendo's own website. this only goes to show how much of a success the switch has been, it hasnt even been out for a year yet it outsold the wii u, which is really impressive to say the least. whats also really impressive is in their software sales, mario odyssey has managed to sell 9 million units in only 2 months, giving it an attachment rate of 61%, followed by mario kart 8 deluxe's 49% attachment rate, and zelda botw's 45%.

because of these amazingly high sales for nintendo, they stated earlier in the month that they expect to sell 20 million more switches this year, which would bring the total up to 35 mil. while this sounds ambitious, it can also mean that they'll likely drop some big games this year, bigger than yoshi, kirby, and fire emblem. yeah, its likely pokemon will plop onto shelves this year, as everyone is aware of how much it prints money. im really looking forward to whatever nintendo has to offer this year, and can hopefully get my hands on a switch later on.
Hearing that really drives home what a failure the WiiU was (or how good the Switch has been in comparison) and makes me feel better about the fact that I'll probably be buying a Switch since it won't get tossed in the dumpster so soon like the WiiU was. It's almost doing too well, because I'd definitely consider buying a good bundle for the system but thus far I haven't seen any.

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

open the floodgates everyone its happening, smash for switch, which was revealed in the otherwise lackluster nintendo direct. it releases 2018, with inklings being the first newcomers. its not clear at all whether this is a port or a new game, though 2018 release date suggests the former despite link having his botw outfit (which could simply just be an alt anyways). smash for switch probably deserves its own thread sometime (around e3 probably) when we got more substantial info but right now i'll just bump it here.

and i guess since there was a nintendo direct, i might as well bring up that splatoon 2 is getting a PAID dlc pack with octolings, octopath traveler releases july, okami is getting a remake, and that crash bandicoot nsane trilogy is coming to switch.

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
botw link and inklings highly suggest it would be a new game and not a port. if they were just porting smash 4 i doubt we'd have an enigmatic teaser like this.

otherwise kirby star allies and mario tennis aces looked pretty swell but they're definitely not system sellers. if anything's going to make me buy a switch it would be smash 5

My Wii U hasn’t been working for the better part of 2 years so even if this Smash game is a port of SSB4 ala Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I’m 100% sold regardless because for one, I’ve wanted a Switch for some time but have been unable to get one, and two, I miss playing Smash, Mario Kart, Splatoon, and Mario on my Wii U so much so it would benefit greatly to upgrade and play the same IPs(plus from what I’ve heard, Oddssey >>>> 3D World). Why must I be going to college now of all times? :(

Hoping for more news on Fire Emblem Switch in this direct, but still a solid one nonetheless. Never thought I'd see a Crash Bandicoot game on a Nintendo console, how times have changed. Will be picking up that and the Okami remake, never finished the original as my Wii broke. Surprised to see South Park coming as well. I never played the PC Undertale, but I heard it was amazing, so I might give that a go when it comes out (no word on when that is). That sushi game looks terrible.

Karxrida

Smash Switch is probably new. The copyright only lists 2018 for the year, while a port would list 2014-2018. Nintendo and HAL are also the only companies listed right now.

Besides, if it was a port then there's no reason to not make it clear immediately.

Smash Switch is probably new. The copyright only lists 2018 for the year, while a port would list 2014-2018. Nintendo and HAL are also the only companies listed right now.

Besides, if it was a port then there's no reason to not make that clear immediately.
It also has a new logo and Sakurai has stated on Twitter he's been working on it in secret for a long time.

Just got myself a Switch a couple of weeks ago. I must admit it's amazing. I was very skeptical about the way of playing, but it's actually ideal and very innovative. I didn't have a Wii U, so the visual shift from 3DS to Switch also really amazes me. I absolutely can't wait until we've got Pokemon on the Switch.

EDIT: Add me! SW-7666-6692-9100

Last edited:

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
long shot, but anybody know when the online service drops? everywhere ive looked says September (TBD) but uh it's the first business day of September so you'd expect there to be some kind of rollout plan yeah? I wanna play Legend of Zelda, ive only played botw but I wanna play thru the series in order (projected timeline for my purposes is gonna be skyward sword, ocarina of time, majoras mask, twilight princess, link to the past, legend of zelda, breath of the wild) and switch online is how im fixin to get the legend of zelda part done. i already bought a snes, pirated the 3ds ones on my hacked system, and am gonna get skyward sword and twilight princess for my wii, so legend of zelda is the Odd Man Out. but, I digress. anybody got a Cool Release Date for me, v, the greatest one living?

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
long shot, but anybody know when the online service drops? everywhere ive looked says September (TBD) but uh it's the first business day of September so you'd expect there to be some kind of rollout plan yeah? I wanna play Legend of Zelda, ive only played botw but I wanna play thru the series in order (projected timeline for my purposes is gonna be skyward sword, ocarina of time, majoras mask, twilight princess, link to the past, legend of zelda, breath of the wild) and switch online is how im fixin to get the legend of zelda part done. i already bought a snes, pirated the 3ds ones on my hacked system, and am gonna get skyward sword and twilight princess for my wii, so legend of zelda is the Odd Man Out. but, I digress. anybody got a Cool Release Date for me, v, the greatest one living?
Unfortunetly nintendo has not announced it yet, so all we can do is wait on them. I'll need to get it setup for myself soon so I can continue to play splatoon 2.

Edit: Theres a direct on 9/11. Maybe we will get info then.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Anybody else pumped for Super Mario Party? They ditched the stupid car and the game just looks really legit.

Anybody else pumped for Super Mario Party? They ditched the stupid car and the game just looks really legit.
It actually does look really good, happy to see Mario Party going back to its roots after so long. Think I'll wait for the reviews before buying it myself but I am tempted.

Has anyone tried the Switch port of Okami HD yet? I hear that's the best version.

So jealous of all of you who have a Switch.... Anyway, when I get it, ( Hopefully next Christmas ), what games should I try first? ( Besides Breeath of the Wild, Odyssey, Ultimate, and Let's Go. )

(Here's hope that Testuya Normua decides to do KH3 for Switch port.)

v

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
theres a direct tomorrow! fingers crossed for something cool. also, anybody gettin fighterz when it drops? i have it on pc, but im doubledipping like a dickhead

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
theres a direct tomorrow! fingers crossed for something cool. also, anybody gettin fighterz when it drops? i have it on pc, but im doubledipping like a dickhead
Just be warned, we’re getting 3ds news too. Don’t expect too much!

v

Just be warned, we’re getting 3ds news too. Don’t expect too much!
yeah but switch online is launching THIS MONTH allegedly with very little detail. to an extent, they have an obligation to make rollout plans known, especially bc we've been waiting since like january for more information

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)