SM Ubers Night Rather Than Day. [Peak #7]

······

······

Introduction

Before giving way, hello to the whole community of Smogon, I hope it is a nice and good presentation. I hope you enjoy it in general. Everything began a few days ago where I felt like starting the ladder ubers under my alt "Wildburn" I'm a fan of the Asian, so I came up with the name with a few Japanese letters. Later I came up with the great idea of setting up a team based on DarkCeus and its Whirlpool + Perish Song strategy, I never had the opportunity or interest until then, and I did well. It allows me to dominate match up vs Stalls. I am not to put up with or make important achievements, but honestly I am very happy with the results of this team. The road was not easy since I had to try many things until I came up with success. From what little I've been playing SM has been my best participation in the ladder, where I got +1750 points and good GXE. It may not be a great story as an official tournament, but I just wanted to see how far I could come up with a little effort and dedication. Lots of patience, strength and dexterity.

Teambuilding Process

The base of the equipment and my answer to one of the most used pokémon that increases to take something to cover, as is Lunala. My team is somewhat weak so I urgently needed to cover up.

I needed something other than to cover DarkCeus's Fighting and Bug attacks had access to clear all kinds of Hazards. That way it does not remain so vulnerable. It acts of PDon check, Arceus and even one of my biggest MLucario threats.

Magearna is a very useful pokemon although the main thing was to effectively cover Xerneas, but just putting it gives me the opportunity to cover many more things, although you have to be careful about things like Heat Wave Yveltal. Fire cover.

Xerneas could not miss, one of the dominants of the tier. Version specs with Aromatherapy to be able to fit all spam status that abounds in ubers apart from hitting the opponent hard.

My SR user and option against Xerneas and Kyogre primal. Toxic over Roar to wear passive pokemon and be able to make pressure easier. I always use Sassy on Calm because it seems to me a little better although that implies being slower.

My mega slot. Mention to Mewtwo-X that was before, but due to not looking for speed tie vs MGengar I decided for Mewtwo-Y finally. I think it even fits a little better in this style. I usually have a better match up.

······

Arceus-Dark @

Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Whirlpool
- Judgment
- Perish Song
- Recover

DarkCeus was the beginning of everything. Good type and defenses that resists Ghost and Dark spam. It does not affect the Psychic. It allows me to eliminate Lunala, Giratina / -o, Lugia etc. Your Whirlpool + Perish Song set allows me to have a good match up in principle vs stalls or balanced equipment. He is a good stallbreaker although not as well vs offense, but does his role well. Thanks to this combination you can end up with one of your main check which is Ho-Oh. Judgment is the classic movement that with the corresponding table goes to the dark type increasing its power.

Giratina-Origin @

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

Finishing this part enters my user of Defog that allows to eliminate all type of hazards and thus to enter clean. It is one of the most useful movements of the whole game. Draco Meteor is for opposing PDon where depending on the set can take good percentage. The same can apply to Yveltal. Will-o-Wisp + Hex is your combo to do more damage with your status. In addition to giving me the opportunity to move first. I take it with this deal because it holds better vs MGengar and his SBall being able in next turn to finish it.

Magearna @

Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Fleur Cannon
- Heart Swap

Magearna is my favorite and this team fits great, as it acts to check several threats to take into account as Xerneas, Yveltal, Deox-A, Darkrai, DarkCeus and Mewtwo, for example. You can not ask for more. Without your help you lose a lot of dexterity and balance. It would not have much response to GeoXern and is the most effective. There is not much to tell, Fleur Cannon is her tall stab fairy that lets you eliminate all Dark or Dragon type. Volt switch over flash canon to push and keep the wind in favor with advantage. It is best option I consider more useful. Pain Split as the only method to recover health and wear. And finally, Heart Swap that is vital to wear it.

Xerneas @

Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rock Slide

So that the team is not something passive, here my Specs Xerneas that usually have good match up vs Offense or teams based on Sticky web. Moonblast is your best main move. It allows me to sweep anything that is Dark or Dragon other than scratching good damage to neutral things that do not fit well. Rock Slide on Thunder by Ho-Oh, I found it a better option, though it's just as viable. HP Fire for those annoying Ferro, Celesteela, MScizor, Klefki or to a lesser extent Forretres. Aromatherapy to get out of the spam status in the tier and give support + durability.

Groudon-Primal @

Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume

The best pokémon of the tier ubers without a doubt. It has an assortment of sets and roleplay that make it what it is. My team as it is balanced and needed the most important movement of the game could not be other than its defensive version. It's my other great answer vs Xerneas, that I have to control and go carefully. I wear it Sassy although that makes me lose speed but that is slow is good for climates vs Pogre. In addition to you notice the difference of attack with Calm nature. Toxic is to pressure pokemon passives or opposing defoggers if they are not burned by Lava Plume. It's like having dual status. Precipice Blades is your best trick on EQ although on the contrary it never fails but sometimes the power makes the difference.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @

Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

The mega's turn came. Mewtwo-Y was chosen to stop threats like MGengar since it is faster. Psystrike is his main stab move to abuse. For the special walls like Blissey may be good. Focus Blast may be interesting for TTar or Arceus, but it appears with CM instead because I want more power and thus eliminate things thanks to that increase. Focus Blast for everything called Ferro, Ttar / MTyranitar or even SteelCeus. Ice Beam for the opposite; MMence, Lugia, Rayquaza among others.

Importable

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Bold Nature
- Whirlpool
- Judgment
- Perish Song
- Recover

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

Magearna @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Fleur Cannon
- Heart Swap

Xerneas @ Choice Specs
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rock Slide

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Mewtwonite Y
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Peak

Last edited:

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, congratulations on your peak. Starting the team with Perish Song Arceus-Dark is a pretty cool way to begin a team since its definitely a good set and goes with the flow of your team. Speaking of which, your squad looks solid on paper; the offensive core of Choice Specs Xerneas + MMewtwo Y is pretty strong and is supported by a defensive backbone that's able to cover most of the metagame. However, your team may have issues playing around Mega Lucario since your only check to it is also your best check to Primal Groudon so it forces a lot of strain on Giratina-O. Hopefully, my suggestions and minor tweaks can help you play around such threats:

1)
|| Change EVs from 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD to 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD + Thunder Wave >> Will-O-Wisp || This EV spread is more optimized and allows Giratina-O to take more physical hits making Primal Groudon and Mega Lucario less of an issue. Will-O-Wisp lets you cripple physical attackers like SD Extreme Killer Arceus and Arceus-Ground which can pose a threat if they are allowed to set up and I believe Burn-ing them instead over Paralysing will turn out to be more helpful

2)
|| Change EVs from 136 HP / 164 Def / 208 Spe to 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 Spe + Modest Nature >> Bold Nature || This spread has more bulk and allows Arceus-Dark to outspeed threats like Yveltal and Lunala while also being able to take hits from Mega Salamence at +1 and avoid 2HKO from Offensive Primal Groudon. The Modest nature doesn't do much in particular but using Bold instead allows you to take physical hits better.

3)
|| Change Flash Cannon >> Volt Switch || Since Fleur Cannon is stronger than Flash Cannon even if the latter becomes 2X super effective, so it has very less use outside of hitting Xerneas for damage without losing Special Attack. Your team doesn't need to rely on it as much so you can opt for Volt Switch instead! Thanks to its low Speed, Volt Switch allows Magearna to bring in threats like Choice Specs Xerneas and Mega Mewtwo Y safely.

4)
|| Change Fire Blast >> Focus Blast ||
You already have HP Fire in Xerneas as well as Lava Plume on Primal Groudon, having Fire-type coverage in MMY doesn't seem that necessary. Using Focus Blast instead lets you OHKO Choice Band Tyranitar that can Pursuit-trap Mega Mewtwo Y if not played cautiously.

Here's the importable:
Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Bold Nature
- Whirlpool
- Judgment
- Perish Song
- Recover

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Mewtwonite Y
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Magearna @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Fleur Cannon
- Heart Swap

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

So that's my rate, I hope you like my suggestions! Thanks for reading and good luck with the team!

Last edited:
Yes, I was given a short list of threats. But yes, as you say, MLucario and GroundCeus both special and physical gives me problems. Now I see better that Wow in Giratina on TWave, this is how it is solved better. And well, ex killer also obviously. Thanks for the comment and that cast of ev's. On the Mewtwo-Y I was thinking about Focus Blast for the same reason, I do not know why I did not leave it. It makes sense what you say, when I can add that change. I apply the same in DarkCeus and Magearna. Really man, thanks for everything, you've taken the trouble to help me so well.

You can rest assured, the team responds better now thanks to your contribution.

I will add everything as soon as I can along with a brief list of threats to make it something more complete and beautiful.

Reactions: ckw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)