Next Generation of Shoddy Battle?

Well, we all know Generation V is officially out and about, and we have a full
Ishu Pokedex, with 99% of all learnsets out and such.
We know all the new moves for the old Pokemon, as well as all the fun new dreamworld abililities. We have a full item list and everything. Though we do not have all the translated new items and moves, we know what they all do.

We pretty much have ALL the information needed and data needed to start the new metagame.

There just happens to be a shit ton of people around the internet extracting perfect (albeit unanimated) sprites.

?Que es la point-o?

I think the Shoddy programmers/admins should start gathering the new sprites and info, and make an updated Shoddy Battle for Gen. V

Within reason, if they really started doing this and working on it, it isn't impossible to think they could get it up and running in a month or so.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A successor to Shoddy Battle has been worked on for quite some time and the finishing touches are being put on it. That said, important information about how damage is done, how exactly moves function, how abilities function, how the dream world works etc. have not been discovered yet. Once that's done and can be implemented, you'll have your Black & White simulator. Programming a Pokemon Battle simulator isn't just entering a bunch of sprites and numbers. Not to mention the people who are working on this really don't need to be told to do it... They will have it done once time allows. They have jobs/school and their own lives to take care of as well after all.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This thread looks awfully familiar. I wouldn't mind reading yet another essay by Cathy regarding the myth of entitlement, but this type of attitude is really nerve-racking. Basically, everything Firestorm said.

In the mean time, just play Wi-Fi. Extreme lack of information/organization/statistics? Sure, but it's all you have right now. Trust me, you're not the only one waiting on their toes for Shoddy Battle 2, but put it out of your mind and when it arrives, it will feel all the better.

Que es la point-o? Dude, nice spanish xD I'll give you a class sometime.

The thing is that I think the people developing Shoddy 2 have always had in mind that a 5th Genreation was going to come up, so they'll apply the new mechanics, moves, etc. to Shoddy 2 base, and voilá. I hope xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)