SPOILERS! Necrozma Dusk Mane/Dawn Wing [If it wasn't obvious spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope people read this response before asking a million times again.

IT WILL START OUT IN UBERS

IF IT'S BALANCED IN OU (which is highly unlikely as it is incredibly bulky and can run over defensive teams while still being decent vs offense with that bulk and Rock Polish, unlike Hoopa-U which is really bad vs offense) IT WILL BE TESTED AND DROPPED

OTHERWISE, IT WILL STAY UBERS

It's pretty damn hard to guess whether it'll be balanced right now, at least let the metagame come out for a bit lol. As I said, I doubt it'll be unbanned, but a suspect wouldn't be out of the question if the meta fits it. But yeah, it's gonna start out in Ubers so idk why people are always asking if it'll be unbanned right now.
I did not see your earlier post about this before your post than I found it. Oops, and thanks for the answer.

Despite Ultra Necrozma’s typing being mediocre offensively, it has incredible (possibly even groundbreaking) wallbreaking potential. A boosted Light that burns the sky KOs majority of Uber’s “walls”.

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Celesteela: 387-456 (97.4 - 114.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 520-613 (125.3 - 147.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 817-963 (128.4 - 151.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Lugia: 270-318 (64.9 - 76.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Groudon: 607-715 (150.6 - 177.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 255-300 (72.4 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Primal Kyogre: 519-612 (128.7 - 151.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 501-589 (99.4 - 116.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Water: 673-793 (151.5 - 178.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Applies to every Arceus forme that doesn’t resist)

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 504-594 (77.4 - 91.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Ultra Necrozma’s ability to break common walls will definitely be useful given stall and balance teams currently rule the meta. Dusk Mane can also find set up opportunities vs many balance and stall pokes which are:

•Xerneas
•Deoxy formes
•Most Arceus formes(Except ground and ghost)
•Mega Metagross
•Blissey/Chansey(Unless T-wave)
•Mewtwo and megas
•Magearna
•Gothitelle

Honestly the only walls that annoy this thing is Arceus-Dark and Mega Sableye.
Did you not read Toshiro46's post? If it sets up, it could be a threat, but those defenses will not carry in it into S tier as it tries to set up, it could be harmed easily. That was my mistake. The only reason why it will end up in S tier is if it has the same usage in Ubers as Primal Groundon, which I doubt. We will see in the future where it is placed.

Can we stop with the hyperbole? It'll be out in like a week.

That holds true for something like 70% of Ubers. And 70% of Ubers isn't in S.

Last edited:
Did you not read Toshiro46's post? If it sets up, it could be a threat, but those defenses will not carry in it into S tier as it tries to set up, it could be harmed easily. That was my mistake. The only reason why it will end up in S tier is if it has the same usage in Ubers as Primal Groundon, which I doubt. We will see in the future where it is placed.
Did you read my post? Ultra Necrozma isn’t setting up, Dawn mane is, and DM can find many set-up opportunities in this stall/balance infested meta.

Despite Ultra Necrozma’s typing being mediocre offensively, it has incredible (possibly even groundbreaking) wallbreaking potential. A boosted Light that burns the sky KOs majority of Uber’s “walls”.

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Celesteela: 387-456 (97.4 - 114.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 520-613 (125.3 - 147.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 817-963 (128.4 - 151.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Lugia: 270-318 (64.9 - 76.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Groudon: 607-715 (150.6 - 177.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 255-300 (72.4 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Primal Kyogre: 519-612 (128.7 - 151.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 501-589 (99.4 - 116.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Water: 673-793 (151.5 - 178.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Applies to every Arceus forme that doesn’t resist)

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 504-594 (77.4 - 91.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Ultra Necrozma’s ability to break common walls will definitely be useful given stall and balance teams currently rule the meta. Dusk Mane can also find set up opportunities vs many balance and stall pokes which are:

•Xerneas
•Deoxy formes
•Most Arceus formes(Except ground and ghost)
•Mega Metagross
•Blissey/Chansey(Unless T-wave)
•Mewtwo and megas
•Magearna
•Gothitelle

Honestly the only walls that annoy this thing is Arceus-Dark and Mega Sableye.
These calcs make me wonder if a core with Tapu Lele is possible. Lele can scare those Dark-types that can block Light That Burns the Sky whereas Psychic Terrain makes that move even more terrifying, so much terrifying that literally NOTHING that isn't immune to it (or resists the move and is stacked like crazy in special defenses) can survive that attack after rocks.

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 603-711 (94 - 110.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 550-648 (78.1 - 92%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

The only things I saw that seem to be able to survive are very bulky Assault Vest steels, or things that double-resist Psychic. And many of them still take very large amounts of damage (e.g. Mega Metagross has a 75% chance of being OHKOed after Rocks and 1 layer of Spikes; AV Magearna has half that chance).

Psychic Terrain also prevents Marshadow from dealing large damage to Necrozma through Shadow Sneak.

Last edited:
These calcs make me wonder if a core with Tapu Lele is possible. Lele can scare those Dark-types that can block Light That Burns the Sky whereas Psychic Terrain makes that move even more terrifying, so much terrifying that literally NOTHING that isn't immune to it (or resists the move and is stacked like crazy in special defenses) can survive that attack after rocks.

+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 603-711 (94 - 110.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 550-648 (78.1 - 92%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

The only thing I saw that seems to be able to survive is Assault Vest Registeel. Yeah, not really something to consider.

Psychic Terrain also prevents Marshadow from dealing large damage to Necrozma through Shadow Sneak.
The fact it can one-shot Chansey in Psychic Terrian is actually fucking hilarious lol. I completely neglected you could def pair it with Lele.

Is it just me, or do the fusions seem to be giant clusterfucks, especially given Ultra Necrozma? In my opinion, they would have been a whole lot more interesting if they didn't share the exact same typing as their respective cover legendaries, making them little more than inferior clones. By that I mean GF should really have made Solgaleo part Fire and Lunala part Flying originally; both Steel/Fire and Ghost/Flying are extremely unique. That would make it so that upon fusion, Necrozma would seem to 'absorb' their typing instead of just seeming to corrupt them or something.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Is it just me, or do the fusions seem to be giant clusterfucks, especially given Ultra Necrozma? In my opinion, they would have been a whole lot more interesting if they didn't share the exact same typing as their respective cover legendaries, making them little more than inferior clones. By that I mean GF should really have made Solgaleo part Fire and Lunala part Flying originally; both Steel/Fire and Ghost/Flying are extremely unique. That would make it so that upon fusion, Necrozma would seem to 'absorb' their typing instead of just seeming to corrupt them or something.
Well, considering Necrozma's nature, corruption isn't out of the question (though it doesn't look like corruption to me)
Still, they do inherit Necrozma's move pools, which would suck for their STABs (no flying for Wings, no physical fire for Mane).

Did you read my post? Ultra Necrozma isn’t setting up, Dawn mane is, and DM can find many set-up opportunities in this stall/balance infested meta.
Oh my bad, that is actually good it does not have to set up to get strong!

The only things I saw that seem to be able to survive are very bulky Assault Vest steels, or things that double-resist Psychic. And many of them still take very large amounts of damage (e.g. Mega Metagross has a 75% chance of being OHKOed after Rocks and 1 layer of Spikes; AV Magearna has half that chance).

This could give some hope for it to have a nice tier in Ubers! I just hope it ends up in either A-, A, A+, or S tier, maybe S tier is a stretch, but maybe it will be too good for B+ tier! Good calculations!

( By the way when I said tiers I meant ranks. ).

Last edited:
By logic, Necrozma is hijacking the Pokemon's body and mind, so while it doesn't make too much sense for not having their move pool (though it can be because Necrozma doesn't know how to do so), it does make a lot of sense for having the exact typing of the Pokemon being hijacked, because it is literally using their body. (Oh god it sounds pretty dirty...)

The reason why Solgaleo is Steel/psychic instead of fire is 100% because it was customized to take down Xerneas with ease instead of because it is a lion with the alchemy motif. Should Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings be registered as Solgaleo/Lunala's alternative form rather than Necrozma's and they can transform into the same form as well, with the original form's massive move pool they might be pretty strong I guess.

Well, considering Necrozma's nature, corruption isn't out of the question (though it doesn't look like corruption to me)
Still, they do inherit Necrozma's move pools, which would suck for their STABs (no flying for Wings, no physical fire for Mane).
I think you misunderstood me. I meant that the Necrozma formes should still be Psychic/Steel and Psychic/Ghost, just the originals would have that different typing.
Also, it really sort of looks like corruption, the formes look like GF literally merged Necrozma's sprite with the respective cover legend.

Last edited:
Yeah, it hits like the Tsar Bomba in Psychic Terrain, but I wonder if that core makes Necrozma's moves a little too telegraphed.
Well the opponent would still have to guess if you're running a physical, special, or mixed set. And even without LTBTS, Photon Geyser still benefits from Psychic Terrain.

I think Special Dusk Mane w/ Ultranecrozium Z and Calm Mind will be a pretty cool lure to those thinking that it'll be a physical attacking mon, and it has a ton of move options to utilize for both its forms. Heat Wave lets it blast through Celesteela, Ferrothorn, and Magearna, going so far as to 2HKO SpDef Magearna while in Dusk Mane form at Timid +1, all without having to waste your Z move on them. Flash Cannon, which gets STAB in Dusk Mane form, allows it to hurt Xerneas, Arceus-Fairy, and can pressure SpDef Unaware Clefable and is a 2HKO unboosted after rocks, forcing a Protect on the turn it comes in as well as risking the SpDef drop.

I feel Dragon Pulse and Earth Power, while notable options, aren't that necessary on this set. However, Earth Power has the benefit of, at +1, guaranteeing the 2HKO on SpDef Primal Groudon when remaining in Dusk Mane form, but you do get heavily damaged in the process, making it not that great of a trade off. Dragon Pulse also allows you to hit Dragon types harder when unboosted, especially when in Ultra form, but Photon Geyser hits most of them hard enough on its own. Morning Sun and Moonlight are nice recovery options, but it'll cut one of your coverage options.

This is a harcore theorymon though, and I don't know how well this set will work in practice, but hopefully it does well.

Edit: Well then, I was wrong about Flash Cannon doing less damage when in Ultra form than Dusk Mane:

+1 252 SpA Necrozma-Solgaleo Flash Cannon vs. 72 HP / 100 SpD Xerneas: 326-386 (79.3 - 93.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 SpA Neuroforce Necrozma-Ultra Flash Cannon vs. 72 HP / 100 SpD Xerneas: 348-410 (84.6 - 99.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (calced with an Expert Belt as the calcs don't have Neuroforce working yet)

252 SpA Necrozma-Solgaleo Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 186-218 (47.2 - 55.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Neuroforce Necrozma-Ultra Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Unaware Clefable: 197-233 (50 - 59.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Necrozma-Solgaleo Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Fairy: 204-242 (45.9 - 54.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 SpA Necrozma-Solgaleo Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Fairy: 306-360 (68.9 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 SpA Neuroforce Necrozma-Ultra Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Fairy: 326-384 (73.4 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Either way, that's still a good amount of damage in Dusk mane form.

Last edited:
Wait, what? I'm confused...Dawn Wings isn't a Flying-Type, and Dusk Mane isn't a Fire-Type. Am I missing something here?

Considering that Cosmog evolutionary line mimics the creation of a Star I think their typing is perfect the way it is. Stars are incredibly dense (steel) & the majority of the stars we see in the sky are actually dead. Light takes so long to travel to us that we’re only seeing their ghosts. Psychic is as close to a “Cosmic” type as we’re ever going to get. The only thing they probably could have done is give Solgaleo an ability like Steelworker for fire type moves but even then it’s not too shabby.

What is Dawn Wings's weakest match-ups against other Pokemon?
Dark and Ghost types like Mega Gengar, Marshadow, Yveltal, Arceus-Ghost, and Arceus-Dark take it on fairly well. Even if it sets up a rock polish, Marshadow and Yveltal both have 4x strong priority moves in Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch, respectively, to dispatch it. Also, if Dawn Wings transforms to Ultra, Mega Gengar now has the ability to trap it and Scarf Yveltal still outspeeds and OHKOs. Also upon transformation, it becomes weak to Xerneas, so that's something else to consider.

Just something everyone should know, Photon Geyser also has Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam's ability ignoring effect, even though the game's description for Photon Geyser neglected to mention that. It doesn't have to be upgraded to Light that Burns the Sky to gain that.

Yeah, it hits like the Tsar Bomba in Psychic Terrain, but I wonder if that core makes Necrozma's moves a little too telegraphed.
Even if telegraphed, it'd be difficult to really have a means of countering every time. It'd be like seeing the bomb falling but not always being able to respond in time before boom. On the other hand, if you see that your opponent has the means of reacting, aka they have a Dark type or whatnot, then their response to Necrozma is also telegraphed. It's all mind games here. Mind games with a nuke.

I'll admit, I don't do a lot of competitive play, especially not since 6th gen, but here's just a compilation of things I've noticed about UNecrozma between browsing this thread and my own observations.

First off, I think everyone's pretty much in agreement that DWN is overall inferior to Lunala thanks to its ability only reducing SE to 3x rather than 2x and having no effect on non-SE hits. It gets some interesting new move options but that's it as far as I'm aware.

DMN, however, inversely to DWN, is pretty much superior to Solgaleo. With Prism Armor doing much more for its weaknesses, as 1.5x damage is far more comfortable to take than a 3x weakness, and the original Clear Body clone ability being, I'd imagine, less relevant in Ubers due to less Intimidate carriers and probably less Sticky Web (again, I don't play much meta), DMN already has that going for it over its cuddlier counterpart.

While it has less bulk, it can do more with what it has than Solgaleo could, thanks to new options Necrozma was given, notably Swords Dance, Photon Geyser (basically an inverted Psystrike in this form, it seems), Rock Polish, and Stealth Rock. Its ability helps it set up, though carrying two set-up moves for a sweep is probably a dangerous game thanks to less coverage.

Its only major flaw (less bulk being somewhat minor) is that its speed tier no longer sits comfortably above the base 90 that is so prevalent in Ubers, and is actually well below it now. This makes it harder for it to actually sweep and would probably make it more of a wallbreaker, though in theory Rock Polish could patch that up.

Mind you, this is all before we even mention UNecrozma.

Now that that's out of the way, it's pretty clear which Necro form is likely best for setting up UN. Outside of a surprise Special set (which isn't too necessary thanks to how Photon Geyser works), DMN is the way to go, with an excellent defensive type and a synergistically excellent ability that make getting UN in much easier.

But that's not the only advantage of DMN. One of the key things that separates UN from M-Ray is that it can function as TWO Pokemon fairly well. First, a bulky offensive 'Mon with plenty of resistances and ability to set up, and second, a very fast, powerful sweeper that punishes anything weak to its SE moves.

This seems as good a time as any to mention that even though M-Gengar outspeeds by a point, a Rock Polish set will give M-Gengar some major regrets, leaving even it an indefinite answer, as DMN can probably survive a M-Gengar hit (I haven't checked).

The second advantage over M-Ray is Photon Geyser, which ignores the opponent's ability and adjusts to UN's main offensive stat (in case it runs Special), cutting through Sturdy, Shadow Shield, etc. Not only that, but, despite sacrificing an item slot, it gets a DOUBLE POWER version of Photon Geyser to use the turn after it transforms, with the only real setback being it can't use it right away, and must wait until the turn after it transforms.

THIRD advantage is that, again as far as I'm aware, it doesn't take a Mega slot. That means you can run it alongside Mega Gengar, Mega Mewtwo, Mega Salamence, or dare I say Mega Rayquaza (in AG of course). And just a reminder that this Pokemon has the third-highest BST in the game, only beaten by M-Ray/M-Mewtwo[X/Y] (tied for 1st) and P-Groudon/P-Kyogre (tied for 2nd).

I can't say for sure if it's AG-worthy or not, or if I'm just repeating what's already been said. I'm just saying there's cause for alarm with this one.

EDIT: Fixed Photon Geyser description and added a third advantage.

Last edited:
I'll admit, I don't do a lot of competitive play, especially not since 6th gen, but here's just a compilation of things I've noticed about UNecrozma between browsing this thread and my own observations.

First off, I think everyone's pretty much in agreement that DWN is overall inferior to Lunala thanks to its ability only reducing SE to 3x rather than 2x and having no effect on non-SE hits. It gets some interesting new move options but that's it as far as I'm aware.

DMN, however, inversely to DWN, is pretty much superior to Solgaleo. With Prism Armor doing much more for its weaknesses, as 1.5x damage is far more comfortable to take than a 3x weakness, and the original Clear Body clone ability being, I'd imagine, less relevant in Ubers due to less Intimidate carriers and probably less Sticky Web (again, I don't play much meta), DMN already has that going for it over its cuddlier counterpart.

While it has less bulk, it can do more with what it has than Solgaleo could, thanks to new options Necrozma was given, notably Swords Dance, Photon Geyser (basically an inverted Psystrike in this form, it seems), Rock Polish, and Stealth Rock. Its ability helps it set up, though carrying two set-up moves for a sweep is probably a dangerous game thanks to less coverage.

Its only major flaw (less bulk being somewhat minor) is that its speed tier no longer sits comfortably above the base 90 that is so prevalent in Ubers, and is actually well below it now. This makes it harder for it to actually sweep and would probably make it more of a wallbreaker, though in theory Rock Polish could patch that up.

Mind you, this is all before we even mention UNecrozma.

Now that that's out of the way, it's pretty clear which Necro form is likely best for setting up UN. Outside of a surprise Special set (which isn't too necessary thanks to how Photon Geyser works), DMN is the way to go, with an excellent defensive type and a synergistically excellent ability that make getting UN in much easier.

But that's not the only advantage of DMN. One of the key things that separates UN from M-Ray is that it can function as TWO Pokemon fairly well. First, a bulky offensive 'Mon with plenty of resistances and ability to set up, and second, a very fast, powerful sweeper that punishes anything weak to its SE moves.

This seems as good a time as any to mention that even though M-Gengar outspeeds by a point, a Rock Polish set will give M-Gengar some major regrets, leaving even it an indefinite answer, as DMN can probably survive a M-Gengar hit (I haven't checked).

The second advantage over M-Ray is Photon Geyser. When used on a physical set, it basically functions as an inverted Psystrike (as far as I'm aware), while also ignoring the opponent's ability, cutting through Sturdy, Shadow Shield, etc. Not only that, but, despite sacrificing an item slot, it gets a DOUBLE POWER version of Photon Geyser to use the turn after it transforms, with the only real setback being it can't use it right away, and must wait until the turn after it transforms.

I can't say for sure if it's AG-worthy or not, or if I'm just repeating what's already been said. I'm just saying there's cause for alarm with this one.
This is mostly correct. Photon Geyser was originally programmed incorrectly on PS — it actually becomes a physical move in all respects. It hits defense, is reflected by Counter, etc.

And yeah, Dusk Mane comfortably tanks a Shadow Ball from MGar. If it’s Adamant and fully invested in Attack, it can even take a Will-O-Wisp and have a ~70% chance of KOing Gengar with Photon Geyser through the burn with no prior chip damage.

This is mostly correct. Photon Geyser was originally programmed incorrectly on PS — it actually becomes a physical move in all respects. It hits defense, is reflected by Counter, etc.

And yeah, Dusk Mane comfortably tanks a Shadow Ball from MGar. If it’s Adamant and fully invested in Attack, it can even take a Will-O-Wisp and have a ~70% chance of KOing Gengar with Photon Geyser through the burn with no prior chip damage.
Eh, so that's one advantage it loses. As big a hit as that is, I doubt it's big enough to deny that at the least we may very well have a new S+, if not outright AG material here. And without that, it also has a bit more reason to run a special set, or maybe even a mixed set, so that makes it a bit more unpredictable. The physical set will still probably be the main one though.

Thought I'd add that even after a burn it's a guaranteed OHKO with Stealth Rock and an Adamant nature, which it could very well be running both. Depends if you're willing to carry SR on UNecro, though M-Gengar may switch in before SR is up if DMN is your dedicated SR setter. Even then, predicting it on the switch means one hit with Photon Geyser and M-Gengar is down.

LATE EDIT: Another thing to note is that if it does run special, it wouldn't even fear M-Gengar's burns and would easily OHKO, even if using DMN rather than DWN. Turns out 113 Special is enough to OHKO M-Gengar without hazards. I think Rock Polish might end up being a fun set for it, since it helps it deal with M-Gengar.

252 SpA Gengar-Mega Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 222-262 (66.2 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Yeah, DMN can easily stomach M-Gengar's moves.

All this theorywork is making me wanna play Showdown again...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)