Name Changing help! Instant disconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my situation:
My current name, Kyuutoryuu, is fine.
But I want to run alt names for different purposes such as team testing/restarting.

But whenever I login with a different Trainer name, I get an instant disconnect such as:
"Connected to the server!"
"Disconnected from the server!"

This only happens with Smogon's PO Server; PO's PO server allows trainer name changes just fine. I would like to know how I could change my username / account on Smogon's PO server if possible. I believe it has something to do with 2 usernames connecting from the same IP address? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think the name you tried logging into the server was banned ?_? You might want to try entering the server with a different name.

And you can change your username by editing the first page of your teambuilder. Save and load that team with the different name and you got your name changed.

Is that what you're asking for ?_?

I think the name you tried logging into the server was banned ?_? You might want to try entering the server with a different name.

And you can change your username by editing the first page of your teambuilder. Save and load that team with the different name and you got your name changed.

Is that what you're asking for ?_?
No name has been banned, Ive tried at least 5 different names. I changed my username in the first page of the teambuilder, still no luck; same error message.

Desolate

Banned deucer.
Okay thanks.

lol that's me, I want to change my name to something other than that.
When you're at the list of servers (before connecting to Smogon), click our server from the list, and change the "Trainer Name" field, then double-click to connect.

When you're at the list of servers (before connecting to Smogon), click our server from the list, and change the "Trainer Name" field, then double-click to connect.
Omg thank you! I did that earlier, but I realised my name had special characters in it (accent marks).

But it ended up working, dunno why I never thought to remove them before; but thanks anyway! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)